Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSound 5 No Album Cover

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

faithman1_21124
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
faithman1_21124 Posted: Sat, Apr 24 2021 1:00 AM

I ripped a commercial CD to my laptop.  All of the metadata appears as it should except for the album cover.  I ran the ripped CD through the Bliss Music Tagger and was unsuccessful in acquiring the album cover.  I was really surprised!  I drag-and-dropped the ripped CD to my BeoMaster 5.  Everything is fine except the album cover is missing.

I created a .jpg file of the album cover on my PC.  Is it possible or does anyone know how to add a .jpg file to the ripped CD so that it shows up on my BeoSound 5?   I ripped my CD using Windows Media Player, as I have done in the past.  Or am I trying to achieve the impossible?  If it is possible, can you explain it in layman's terms....

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Apr 24 2021 5:30 AM

faithman1_21124:
Or am I trying to achieve the impossible?  If it is possible, can you explain it in layman's terms....
Possible

You need to use a program like MP3tag or EZ Meta Tag Editor. Then you can adjust all meta data embedded in a music file, including the Albumcover. 

play around with one off these programs and come back for additional questions 

faithman1_21124
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member

I used the EZ Metadata Tag Editor.  I went online and googled for the album cover.  Then created a .jpg file of the album cover on my desktop.  I used the EZ Metadata Editor to put the album cover with the metadata.  IT WORKED!!  Thank you so much... 

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Wed, Apr 28 2021 5:38 PM
faithman1_21124:

I used the EZ Metadata Tag Editor. I went online and googled for the album cover. Then created a .jpg file of the album cover on my desktop. I used the EZ Metadata Editor to put the album cover with the metadata. IT WORKED!! Thank you so much...

both proposed programs can do the searching/adding for you. Only for obscure cd’s you have to add info yourself

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Wed, Apr 28 2021 9:08 PM
I have mostly used Media Monkey to Tag all my cd’s.

It’s very easy to use. Including embedding cover on each music file.
gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
Posts 331
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Wed, May 26 2021 5:09 PM

Did some of you achieve to have "The Beatles" audio files sorted under artist "B" and not "T" ?

Look at my post HERE to understand what I mean.

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 710
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Sun, Nov 14 2021 7:36 PM

With this program, I added all the covers easily and without complications. In addition, you can upgrade already inserted covers to much better quality. size 1000x1000 with no problem.

However, it is important that you have BS5 visible on the network and the MUSIC folder is also visible.

I connected to BS5 on the music folder with my laptop, opened the cover program ( EZ Metadata Tag Editor ) and in an hour I edited everything and modified many.

However, it is necessary to edit album after album, you can't just cover all the albums at once.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS