Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beogram 3500 turntable

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

nightcountry
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
nightcountry Posted: Mon, Jan 10 2022 1:02 PM

Hello

Have a beogram 3500 turntable and for some reason when I begin to play a record it plays for approx 30 sec and then the tonearm disengages and the TT turns off. This happens if I begin to play the record anywhere on the lp not just the beginning. Have rebooted the unit, cleaned the stylus but am not sure how to solve the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Mon, Jan 10 2022 7:46 PM

I do not have experience with the 3500; however, have you tried playing the record without the DIN cable connected? Did it behave the same?

nightcountry
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

I have not, however I just tried it and unfortunately the results were the same.

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Tue, Jan 11 2022 7:06 AM

I would also test whether simply having it manually cued down without the platter results in the same stop action. It should not move inward. If so that re-enforces the below steps. If it does move by itself then I would look at the photo sensing adjustment as it may be set to behave as it does in the run-out groove versus the play area.  If by disengaging, you mean the tonearm raises and returns to its rest position, then its time to look at the larger electrolytic caps (C3 on the power supply and C3 on the main board for replacement) You also should clean connectors from to the main board and carefully inspect solder connections to reflow around the main control ICI. 

nightcountry
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

It actually is getting worse. The tonearm will not even drop now. Manually cueing down makes no difference. When I hit play, the platter turns, the 33/45 light turns on on the tonearm but it will not drop. It turns off after 6 seconds. Curious about how you would adjust the photo sensing adjustment. When I push the forward < button the same thing happens but not when I push go back>

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Jan 11 2022 3:43 PM

And you have a record on the platter?
And no anti-static mats or other "junk"?

Martin 

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Tue, Jan 11 2022 5:03 PM

You are missing details in your description. With a record on and pressing play does the tonearm move to the edge of the record and not drop or does it not move at all?  Without a record does the arm move to the center and simply come back to the stop position or not move at all?

nightcountry
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

I have a record on the platter. No junk.

nightcountry
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

Hi Mark

With a record on and then pressing play, the tonearm does not move and does not drop. With no record on, the same thing happens. No movement at all except the platter turns on for a few seconds and then stops.

Mark
Top 500 Contributor
San Francisco
Posts 107
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Tue, Jan 11 2022 6:21 PM

I am afraid it needs a tech at this point.

nightcountry
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

Thanks for your help

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS