Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Mavericks testing - report

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant Posted: Fri, Nov 1 2013 11:16 PM

I am surprised no one has asked about the latest OSX and iTunes and the status of integration with B&O !

This weekend I had some spare cycles for conducting my own tests.

All tests conducted in a link room via BeoLink Wireless 1 connections through to the BeoPort+MacMin.i

Here's the status:

• OK: BM-Link - works, played about 20 tracks (mostly ALAC), some use of Beo 4 controls 
  • OK: LinkPlayer mark II (i.e. the beta) - works, played 20+ MP3s, used Beo 4 a bit in the beginning - voice feedback working and obviously useful in a link room !
  • OKish - maybe needs more testing: LinkPlayer mark I - works, played 10 plus tracks, used Beo 4 a bit - navigation seemed broken in places (e.g. only yellow and blue key worked; playlist skips [>>] did not work, hand to key numbers)

Both LinkPlayer tests started in a confused state with the Output Device being set to Sunflower rather than the line out - something that requires a remote console to set.

Interestingly the Apple TVs showed up in the Output Device lists i.e. now I have generic airplay support.  I shall have to think about how that might change my music distribution strategy ... presumable Airport Expresses would show up, but what about PlayMakers ?

Overall impression ... BM-Link may have become the easiest to use !

BeoNut since '75

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder
hello !

i never doubted that you would check it out. ;-)

thanks for the great work and the good news !

- Scott
RobN
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
RobN replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 12:23 PM

Hi Elephant,

Really helpful, many thanks.

I'm just looking at upgrading my old MacMini which only runs Snow Leopard to a new faster Mac-Mini which runs Mavericks.

Best,

Rob

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Sat, Aug 2 2014 3:21 PM
Thanks a lot for the test. Did you also test if the Netradio function works again with BM-Link?
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

lonfred:
Thanks a lot for the test. Did you also test if the Netradio function works again with BM-Link?

It's not the best of tests, but I gave it a go.

First N-Radio and from several sources: e.g. link room, BS4, and BV8 and nothing happened.

So I then tested N-Music and the BM-Link worked fine.

While N-Music was running I tried to switch to N-Radio using Beo 4 and a BL 1000 controller - neither caused the system to switch sources.

Now that may mean many things - including that I do not have the correct N-Music playlist set up for N-RADIO

(properly i.e. it is there, but with only 3 stations, which may be stale - however it looked to me that the command was being ignored rather than a station being attempted and then failing)

which as I recall it, is the trick that's required.

So a little test, not perfect, and with perhaps a bad result.

Sorry.

BeoNut since '75

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 200
Bronze Member
lonfred replied on Sun, Aug 3 2014 6:08 AM
Ok. Thanks again. Thats a bit said. Then I still will use the old worksround with a playlist for internet radio under N-music.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS