Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LinkPlayer Feedback

rated by 0 users
This post has 219 Replies | 16 Followers

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:12 PM

LinkRemote:

More fun tonight with the new LinkRemote... 

Download and install LinkPlayer Beta 3.1 on your Mac as it has a few improvements for everyone, but some changes necessary for LinkRemote.

For the LinkRemote App, the installation is done over the air... so just open this page on the iPad or iPhone, either in Safari, or in the Beoworld app ;-) , then download and install the provisioning profile, then download and install LinkRemote. Only those who have sent their UUID can download it, otherwise it will not work, and it requires iOS 5.

And now a few words about the new LinkRemote.

Like LinkPlayer, it looks mostly the same but it is a complete rewrite. There are plenty of changes under the hood to make it easier to user, more performant, reliable, etc... and to take into account the new features of LinkPlayer 2

• It finds LinkPlayer faster and connects faster, and in a more reliable way.
  • It can connect to and control more than one LinkPlayer (let's say you have installed it on 2 Macs on your network).
  • When LinkPlayer is configured with 2 channels (Distribution, and Local Playback), LinkRemote allows you to choose which one you control.
  • When you control a channel that cannot be initiated by LinkRemote (Distribution, or Local Playback, when controlled by the TV), then LinkRemote does not show you the source selection window and the volume slider. On the iPad a clock is displayed instead, like on LinkPlayer's full screen.
  • The interface has been tweaked and streamlined. No more LIST and EXIT button on the main screen, but you switch between 3 types of keyboards: Arrows, Digits, and Extra Keys.
  • The little surprise, is that it can play N.MUSIC on the device itself, that allows you to play your iPod library, but with the same interface as LinkRemote. N.RADIO will follow, and possibly Spotify, Photo, Video... So LinkRemote is a remote and a player! In a distant future, I'd like to add the possibility to play on the iPad, media that is stored on the Mac.

I'll be travelling from tomorrow, so I may be silent for a while, but you can always send me your remarks and I'll pick up when I am back.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:29 PM

Also, I forgot to mention a new interface feature... just like some keys are white when enabled and greyed out when disabled, some keys now turn red when the function they represent is active. This was the case for the Mute key, but this has been extended to the PLAY, STOP and MENU button on the iPad, and the Source selection buttons, the Random and Repeat keys on all devices.

This is the window where you select what you want to control, this is the first screen you see on an iPhone, and on the iPad you get it as a floating window when you tap the Source indicator at the top left of the screen. As you see, it shows that my iPhone is currently playing N.MUSIC (the iPod library), that my LinkPlayer on my Mac mini is currently playing the PC source through the TV, and that LinkPlayer on my Mac is currently playing N.RADIO... (It was a bit noisy I have to say!) 

This will help you choosing easily which one you want to control. LinkRemote remembers the last one you've controlled and re-selects it automatically.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:33 PM

Once you've selected the Computer and the Channel, you're presented with the list of sources. As you can see the source currently playing is highlighted.

LinkRemote actually skips this screen if a source is currently playing or if a channel does not allow you to start a source with LinkRemote (Distribution and Television playback must be initiated by the Beo4). But it goes directly to the source control screen.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:37 PM

And this is the updated source control screen on the iPhone... The LIST and EXIT button are gone. You can now put the source in Standby from there. The top right button allows you to cycle between the arrow pad, the number keys and the extra keys (EXIT, TEXT, RECORD, RANDOM, REPEAT).

On the iPad, you tap on the Track indicator to display these 3 keyboards.

The volume button isn't visible for channel that do not support volume control through LinkRemote (Distribution and Television).

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:46 PM

And now the iPad screen. Little has changed but note that...

• The LIST and EXIT button have been removed.
  • The < and > keys have been added next to PLAY and STOP.
  • The PLAY button is highlighted in red as the source is playing.
  • The MUTE button that was there appears next to the Volume slider when you press the volume indicator.
  • The volume indicator is currently showing the clock, as I was controlling the TV playback.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:52 PM

Taping the Track indicator show the Arrow pad, and there is a tab bar that allows you to display the Digits or the other keys...

Of course, you can still bring the "magic" arrow pad by tapping anywhere on the screen. Or double tap to stop.

This mode is still available when placing the iPhone in landscape.

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

This was really nice!

I have seen one thing, when I start eyetv it will start from the beginning of the last channel I was watching. If I change channel this will disappear of course.

I would like to prefer XBMC sometimes before Plex. What I will do then is actual replacing the name of xbmc to plex and the key commands are exactly the same so that works. But can't you just copy all the plex settings to a XBMC external source?

All the other things works just excellent and now I can see "starred" in spotify as well!

Regards Björn

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hello,

i am trying to get my mac mini to act as a media player, though i haven't had much success. my mac mini is connected to a bv7-40 via hdmi.

first (potentially stupid) question ... when connected as media player, does that mean it can no longer act as independent audio master ?  in the user guide i read "when you indicate that the mac is connected to a tc, it isn't possible you start a source from the mac or linkremte".

does this mean that it will not activate on a n.music command from link room ? or should the n.music command from a link room launch itunes (or should it be a-n.music or l-n.music or ?) ?

if i indicate that the media center is controlled by the "pc key", does that mean that i have to use the pc soft key on my beo4 to activate the mac, or is it simply i way of controlling. for example, i currently have the mac mini assigned to the tv hard key.

i want the mac to launch plex as it's video source. expected behavior would be activating bv7 with mac mini as source and launching plex on mini ? or is there something more ?

thanks for any help,

- scott

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

You will need to use the source PC, because when you use this source you got an option to choose a BeoMedia1 or BeoMaster5. When you choose this option the PC-command will be sent through MasterLink and the Linkplayer can listen to that command.

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

I have found another issues, don't know if this just for me. I can't use the select button on my Apple Remote for my MacBook Pro when running Linkplayer standalone.

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
A small feature request is a little timer when pressing standby. Let's say 5-7 seconds for beovisions with the curtain function?
Irineu9
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Irineu9 replied on Fri, May 18 2012 8:17 PM

I can not use beo4 longer link player 2?

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

Hello, I have found another bug, when pressing SPEAKER + 2,3,4,5 when listening to music from the MENU options. This will result in Linkplayer changing song to number 2,3,4,5...

Which quality can we expect from Spotify? I now there is a new setting in the mobile devices (low, high, extreme). In the PC/Mac client you can choose HIGH quality bitrate? Which one will it be when using the Spotify API from Linkplayer?

The software works excellent with everything else!

Regards Björn

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Hi All, I am back from holidays and will start working on LinkPlayer again. Will go through all the feedback that I got during these 2 weeks.

spezializten:
Hello, I have found another bug, when pressing SPEAKER + 2,3,4,5 when listening to music from the MENU options. This will result in Linkplayer changing song to number 2,3,4,5...

I thought I hd fixed this issue, but it may be due to some settings. I need to know a bit more about your setup (which TV you're using, are you using and IR eye on the Beoport, and also, which settings do you use in LinkPlayer>Preferences>General>IR Receiver.

spezializten:
Which quality can we expect from Spotify?

The highest available bitrate is selected by default ;-)

ouverture
Top 500 Contributor
London
Posts 263
Bronze Member
ouverture replied on Sun, May 27 2012 10:15 PM

good to have you back Philippe, I have read with much interest this thread and I am very impressed with LP2 and LR2

I bought my Windows XP laptop, Beolink PC2 and Beolab 4000 speakers way back in 2003, and was never really impressed with Beoplayer, it relied on  the Windows Media Player engine and only 192kbps rips were possible and no VBR to boot. Ripping CDs to WMA was also very slow, 5 x longer than any other ripper, plus tens of other things that irked me over the years, so Beoplayer was not my favourite PC app. I wish I had bought the BS9000 now on hindsight, but LP2 is going to be cooler, much cooler I am convinced of that :-) 

Back to the present, I have an iPad2 which I seem to be using more and more around the house these days, and LR2 on it would be better than using my Beo4 remotes. I would really like to use the iPad to search for music via Spotify and YouTube, or any website, and somehow for LR2 to tell the MAC attached to the Beolink PC2 to transmit that video/audio to the Beovision Avant via Masterlink in the lounge. Then if possible, to switch on other Beovisions around the house from the LR2, maybe the kitchen, or the bedroom, but not all the masterlink rooms (unless I wanted to) 

is the above scenario possible already, or is it something that could be on a sort of roadmap for the future perhaps !

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
Sounds like like you need a masterlink gateway and then you can do exactly what you want from the BeoLink app. I'm running that config for the moment in my bathroom and using for ex n.radio for spotify!
PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Tue, May 29 2012 11:48 AM
ouverture:

Back to the present, I have an iPad2 which I seem to be using more and more around the house these days, and LR2 on it would be better than using my Beo4 remotes. I would really like to use the iPad to search for music via Spotify and YouTube, or any website, and somehow for LR2 to tell the MAC attached to the Beolink PC2 to transmit that video/audio to the Beovision Avant via Masterlink in the lounge. Then if possible, to switch on other Beovisions around the house from the LR2, maybe the kitchen, or the bedroom, but not all the masterlink rooms (unless I wanted to)

Hi,

If you want to choose tracks on your iPad that are not currently in any playlist, this can be achieved using AirPlay.

Install a software called AirServer on your Mac. Then affect MacSound to, let's say N.Radio.

Press n.radio on your Beo4 and them play what you want on your iPad. Then send it to the server using AirPlay.

Regarding the second point, being able to start a source in a given room, this is something I have been trying for a while but I haven't figured out yet how to. Will keep trying!

ouverture
Top 500 Contributor
London
Posts 263
Bronze Member
ouverture replied on Tue, May 29 2012 8:35 PM

man, that is sweet as nuts :-)

http://www.airserverapp.com/

don't worry too much about the second point Philippe, but it would be fantastic if you crack it that would be as good as the "Air Server" app on my Mac :-) 

Christophe
Top 500 Contributor
Cape Town
Posts 94
Bronze Member

Looking at all the work done by Philippe, I can't help wondering why B&O keeps promoting BMLink on their website, for people who have a Mac; it is so limited, there's no interface & no audio master capability, and no evolution for some time as well; I think LinkPlayer is the way to go for B&O , especially when you look at the BeoPlayer for Mac interface , for instance.

At least they could show both links to the apps, don't you think? I once asked them why, but they never replied..Surprise

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Wed, May 30 2012 10:23 AM

Well, LinkPlayer has never been completely reliable in all setups. But if I had had some help from B&O it could have become fully compatible with all their systems.

Briefly talked to the engineer that created the Beoport during the Struer trip. He knew about LinkPlayer and told me it was "interesting", but we had to leave the room to go to the next presentation.

They might see it as competition. Lot's of people here are telling me that LinkPlayer is giving a new life to their older setup. It's certainly saving me from buying a Beomaster 5+Beosound5.

PS: I need to stress that I never asked!

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Christophe :
-only downside (same issue as before) is that the clock on BeoLab 3500 is not updated to the LP /Mac's clock, which is done automatically with B&O's PC software.

I have now "cracked" the MasterLink message to manage the clock, so this will be present in the next release!

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Christophe :
- in the VIDEO source, I added my NAS files, but it doesn't play them, there's no list of files either, is it because there are only VOB and MKV files? Or is there another explanation? Which video formats are played?

LinkPlayer uses Quicktime to play video files. It play any Quicktime supported files. You can add more Quicktime drivers by installing Perian or Flip4mac:

http://www.tuaw.com/2006/09/30/perian-play-most-video-formats-in-quicktime-for-free/

p.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Scott Needham:
i am trying to get my mac mini to act as a media player, though i haven't had much success. my mac mini is connected to a bv7-40 via hdmi

Yes, you need to connect the Mac using HDMI, in addition you need to connect the Mac to the Beoport using USB and the line out of the mac needs to go to the Line IN of the Beoport. No IR is needed.

Scott Needham:
first (potentially stupid) question ... when connected as media player, does that mean it can no longer act as independent audio master ?  in the user guide i read "when you indicate that the mac is connected to a tc, it isn't possible you start a source from the mac or linkremte".

No, LinkPlayer will act as a MediaCenter (where you navigate everything though the TV interface), and as an AudioMaster, which you can use from any other room, by calling any audio source you've defined in LinkPlayer > Preferences > Sources.

As your Mac mini has HDMI, it has in fact 2 sound cards... so you'll be able to see and hear one source through the TV and listen to another audio source in a Link Room.

Scott Needham:
does this mean that it will not activate on a n.music command from link room ? or should the n.music command from a link room launch itunes (or should it be a-n.music or l-n.music or ?) ?

As in your specific case, you're using LinkPlayer and an audio master, LinkPlayer will distribute to any room any audio source defined in the the preferences. So you could use Radio for digital Radios, and A.MEM or A.TAPE for MP3s, and CD for the internal CD of the Mac, A.AUX to play the Line In of the mac though... Or you can stick to N.MUSIC or N.RADIO, up to you.

Scott Needham:
if i indicate that the media center is controlled by the "pc key", does that mean that i have to use the pc soft key on my beo4 to activate the mac, or is it simply i way of controlling. for example, i currently have the mac mini assigned to the tv hard key.

Yes, you must use the PC soft key of your Beo4 to activate the MediaCenter mode. This is how the Beomedia1 is working as well, and I am emulating a Beomedia1. The TV will then pass the Beo4 key presses to LinkPlayer over the Masterlink.

So you need to setup your Beovision 7 to tell it that AV4 (for example) is activated with the PC key, and that it uses the HDMI socket. 

As indicated in the doc, you need to have LinkPlayer running and configured for PC control when you setup the "PC" connection in your TV's menus, as a sort of handshake will happen and your TV will try and detect the Beomedia1. If this handshake does not happen, then the TV will not forward the Beo4 key presses to the Beoport.

Scott Needham:
i want the mac to launch plex as it's video source. expected behavior would be activating bv7 with mac mini as source and launching plex on mini ? or is there something more ?

To do this, simply go to LinkPlayer > Preferences > Sources > PC and choose Plex.

When you call PC, your TV should turn on and display the Mac's image though the HDMI. Plex should start and you should be able to control it with the Beo4.

p.

ouverture
Top 500 Contributor
London
Posts 263
Bronze Member
talking about BMLink, does using the PC key on the Beo4 and the iPad using LR2 use the same convention/button presses as BMLINK ?

http://www.odlund.se/bmlink/documentation/pages/nmusicbeo4.html

or have I got to re-learn all the commands :-)

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

ouverture:

http://www.odlund.se/bmlink/documentation/pages/nmusicbeo4.html

or have I got to re-learn all the commands :-) 

Not at all ... Philippe has done a great job (see below) to protect the knowledge in your finger tips (but while these buttons represent 80% of you do most of the time, they represent only 20% of the functions of LinkPlayer so reading his manual is well worthwhile !)

BeoNut since '75

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Still working on it... but there will be a BIG surprise for LinkRemote users tonight!

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Here we go!

The new LinkPlayer 2 beta 4 can be downloaded from here.

To install the new Beta of LinkRemote that goes with it, you need to install the provisioning profile, by clicking here from your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, and then you install the LinkRemote app by using this link: itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35037463/LinkRemote/LinkRemote2.plist

LinkRemote Beta will only work for those who have sent their UUID.

I'm gonna have some dinner and will explain what the new features and fixes are in a little while...

P.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

NEW IN LINKPLAYER 2 BETA 4...

1/ Continuous Key Press

• I have reworked many parts of LinkPlayer and LinkRemote to handle continuous key presses in a better way.
  • This mean that you can now press and maintain the volume keys or the arrow keys on the virtual remote, rather than having to press repeatedly.
  • The same goes with LinkRemote.
  • Also I have improved scrolling through long menus, when you press and maintain arrow keys on your remote, the menu will scroll faster and faster.

2/ Sound card switch when using External Sources

When using External sources, LinkPlayer starts the System Preferences to switch the default sound card. (Do not forget to activate Assistive Devices in Universal Access, otherwise LinkPlayer gets blocked). With Beta 4, LinkPlayer will only switch the sound card if it is needed.

3/ More Radio are recognised

More Radios are recognised from your iTunes library, when using “Radio” for N.RADIO.

4/ Hiding the Dock and Mac menu

LinkPlayer now does a better job at hiding the Dock and Menu when going full screen, even when the mouse is towards the top or bottom of the screen.

5/ Going to Standby...

LinkPlayer does a better job in going to standby when no more N.MUSIC is played in any LinkRooms.

6/ MasterLink clock

LinkPlayer can now set the MasterLink clock. Useful if you have some Beolab 3500 and that LinkPlayer is the AudioMaster, but also good for everyone to keep the clock of your TV and Hifi in sync with your Mac’s clock (which is synced with Apple's servers, which is synced with the Atomic clock!).

If you tick the box in LinkPlayer > Preferences > Beoport, then the clock will be set when LinkPlayer launches.

And now... drum roll...

7/ Complete control of your TV and Hifi with LinkRemote...

Tthe piece de resistance. With LinkPlayer 2 beta 4 and the latest LinkRemote, it is now possible to control your main room TV and Hifi !!

Yes, you read it well, you turn on your TV, Hifi, start any source, TV, DVD, CD, RADIO and control them with LinkRemote, just as with your Beo4!!!

You can do everything, change the volume, turn the stand, turn it off...

This isn’t (yet) a 2 way remote for your TV and Hifi. If you start your TV with the Beo4, LinkRemote will not know about it. Same if you switch to another source link DVD or if you turn it off with another remote. So if the source name that is displayed in LinkRemote doesn’t match the real one, then switch to it manually in LinkRemote.

What is really cool is that when you control a source that is managed by LinkPlayer (N.MUSIC, N.RADIO, PC?), then it becomes a 2-way remote again, displays the meta data, dims the keys that are not active, etc... and you can still control the volume, etc...

To allow this, you need to make sure you review the preferences:

• In LinkPlayer > Preferences > AudioMaster, tick all the sources that your AudioMaster can handle, including N.MUSIC and N.RADIO
  • In LinkPlayer > Preferences > VideoMaster, tick all the sources that your VideoMaster can handle, including the source used for the Mac mini used as a MediaCenter.
  • In LinkPlayer > Preferences > LinkRemote, tick the “channels” you want to control.

• Tick “Distribution”, if you have LinkRooms. LinkRemote does (yet) not allow you to start music in LinkRooms. So you start the N.MUSIC in a LinkRoom with the Beo4 and then you control it using “Distribution”
  • Tick “Mac” or “Beoport Speakers” if it appears in the list.
  • Tick “Mediacenter”, if you have LinkRoom TV that can access the Mac mini’s picture from your Main TV over MasterLink.
  • Tick “Main Beovision” if you have a Beovision (with ML socket), and enter a name for the room it is in. The name will appear in the “Control” list in LinkRemote.
  • Tick “Main Beosound” ONLY if it has speakers connected directly to it (it is in Option 1 or 2). Enter a name for the room it is in. The name will appear in the “Control” list in LinkRemote.

I hope you’ll have a lots of fun controlling your system with your iPad and iPhone.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

PhilLondon:
7/ Complete control of your TV and Hifi with LinkRemote...

great work Philippe !

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

PhilLondon:
NEW IN LINKPLAYER 2 BETA 4...

Not sure if this is a new "bug" but I could not seem to configure the A.MEM feature (maybe because I am still standalone in hotel rooms ? but on the other hand I was able to configure other audio sources just for fun)

BeoNut since '75

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

Really nice works!

Can you please add a copy of the Plex External and name it XBMC (of course also start the XBMC software) The control set is a total copy of Plex.

This is a really good software now!!

/Björn

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

spezializten:

Really nice works!

Can you please add a copy of the Plex External and name it XBMC (of course also start the XBMC software) The control set is a total copy of Plex.

This is a really good software now!!

/Björn

Hi Björn,

if you just want a simple test, do what I did, rename the XBMC object to PLEX and access it via the "Plex (External)" menu line

BeoNut since '75

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

That is exactly what I have done, but in some cases I want to use booth of them...

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

spezializten:

That is exactly what I have done, but in some cases I want to use booth of them...

No problem, I'll add XMBC to LinkPlayer...

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hello,

PhilLondon:
No, LinkPlayer will act as a MediaCenter (where you navigate everything though the TV interface), and as an AudioMaster, which you can use from any other room, by calling any audio source you've defined in LinkPlayer > Preferences > Sources.

As your Mac mini has HDMI, it has in fact 2 sound cards... so you'll be able to see and hear one source through the TV and listen to another audio source in a Link Room.

just to be sure ... actually, i have an older mac mini. i plan to split the optical out with one going to a dac then beoport. the other goes to a box that combines with the dvi to output a hdmi signal.

is this crazy ? does it change anything concerning your response ?

PhilLondon:
As in your specific case, you're using LinkPlayer and an audio master, LinkPlayer will distribute to any room any audio source defined in the the preferences. So you could use Radio for digital Radios, and A.MEM or A.TAPE for MP3s, and CD for the internal CD of the Mac, A.AUX to play the Line In of the mac though... Or you can stick to N.MUSIC or N.RADIO, up to you.

i had not considered that !  if the source (e.g. a.mem) is not present on the device, does this mean that i could launch from a hard key without resorting to the a/v command ? that would be cool !

PhilLondon:
As indicated in the doc, you need to have LinkPlayer running and configured for PC control when you setup the "PC" connection in your TV's menus, as a sort of handshake will happen and your TV will try and detect the Beomedia1. If this handshake does not happen, then the TV will not forward the Beo4 key presses to the Beoport.

i will give this a try. if i understand, i will be declaring the mac mini as a beomedia 1.

thanks again for all your work !

- scott

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Having played for a while with LinkRemote controlling my TV, I noticed that controlling the "Scene" (Speakers, Stand, Format) was fiddly.

So I added a new specific keypad to both the iPhone and iPad app, and it is now a to easier to manage as all is in the same screen.

Both LinkPlayer and LinkRemote needs to be re-downloaded for this feature.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

PhilLondon:
Both LinkPlayer and LinkRemote needs to be re-downloaded for this feature.

Hi, I downloaded again.

There appears to be a ~4.4K increase in the payload in the past 24 hours, so I have labelled the latest version 2.4.1 - is this correct :-)

BeoNut since '75

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

I must admit that this is the best release so far! It's pretty funny that the function I'm talking about is the time sync with my Beolab 3500. Finally I can use it for something in my bathroom when I don't listen to Spotify. =D

Keep up the excellent work!

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

I have just updated LinkPlayer and LinkRemote again and it now supports XBMC as requested.

Do reload both from the links posted yesterday.

There is a tweak in LinkRemote to make it easier to control XBMC, Plex and FrontRow from the iPad. Before when an external source was on, it wasn't possible to tap on the Track indicator to bring the Arrow pad. Now it is.

p.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

spezializten:
I must admit that this is the best release so far! It's pretty funny that the function I'm talking about is the time sync with my Beolab 3500. Finally I can use it for something in my bathroom when I don't listen to Spotify. =D

Talking about bathroom... I have to admit using an iPad while laying in my bath tub... Now I can start my hifi, control the volume, choose the song... bliss!

Page 2 of 6 (220 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS