Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

This post has 965 Replies | 3 Followers

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Sat, Mar 23 2019 10:37 PM | Locked

News Flash Lightning

LG launches WISA free CRT TV.

B&O announces immediate support for the Black and White Screen initiative (BWSI) as a natural extension of their MONO True image downscale sound technology. Bang & Olufsen will manufacture the sets in Timbuktu carrying the BEOBLANK family name to signify the effort to deliver,- no picture at all. In a brief comment from Peter Pan its is suggested, he will be initiating a monumental effort to update his signature drawings to properly reflect the BWSI technology.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sat, Mar 23 2019 10:56 PM | Locked

Millemissen:

I guess this is Peter Pans way of having a Beoworld fun thread - though many won’t find that funny (either).

MM

Ah PP's opposite number and partner in crime - I wondered how long it would be before you turned up!

I'm pleased you pointed out the lack of fun, I believe you personally (among others) are partly responsible!

Ban boring signatures!

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Mar 23 2019 11:13 PM | Locked

Puncher:

Millemissen:

I guess this is Peter Pans way of having a Beoworld fun thread - though many won’t find that funny (either).

MM

Ah PP's opposite number and partner in crime - I wondered how long it would be before you turned up!

I'm pleased you pointed the lack of fun, I believe you (among others) are partly responsible!

I think MM has been entirely innocent in this case.

While he can doubtless be defensive over B&O criticism, he hasn't committed the graphical crimes against humanity that PP has, nor has he reposted the same thing hundreds of times, made all the worse given the relative triviality of an effing dongle.

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 6:24 AM | Locked

Speaking of graphical crimes, maybe Rasmus Larsen has hired PP to do his graphics: Check out the photo with the announcement of TCL joining WiSA -- whitewashed Beolab 8000's!  Our colleague could not have done it better...

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1553167145

(Maybe it's a stock photo from WiSA?  I had never seen it before, but it shows up in his "Certification" post from 21 Sep 2018, too...)

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 6:48 AM | Locked

New program simplifies consumer audio setup and reduces costs
by replacing AV receivers with a WiSA Ready USB accessory.

AV Receivers or WiSA Ready USB Accessories. What will you choose ??

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 7:09 AM | Locked

This is what we all want to experience sooner or later -

Goodbye to now 6 year old Beovision 10-46. - Viggo Helbo

What do you do then ??

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 8:25 AM | Locked

Puncher:

I'm pleased you pointed the lack of fun, I believe you (among others) are partly responsible!

Thanks 😉

Fun is a funny thing - I guess that comes down to the definition of ‘fun’.

A lot of what you (amongst others) consider funny, I don’t - definitely not.....

.....I just skip it - no problems there.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 8:26 AM | Locked

Peter Pan:

Neither, if I can avoid it.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 8:48 AM | Locked

@ Millemissen. Here you see what Viggo Helbo chose.

Of Viggo Helbo

1) Fittings mounted on floor stand for Beovision 10-46 ready for a LG OLED 55 "C8.

2) The back of my LG OLED55C8 with ATV 4K, Philips Hue light and B&O Connection Hub.

3) A new LG OLED 55 ”C8 PLA is mounted on the BV10-46” floor stand.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 8:56 AM | Locked

Peter Pan:

Goodbye to now 6 year old Beovision 10-46. - Viggo Helbo

What do you do then ??

Personally I’d buy an 11-46.

Those 10-46 are known for having sh*tty panels....a tv made in Struer - hmmm!

MM

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 9:00 AM | Locked

How is that even possible without  WiSA Ready USB Accessories?

RTFM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 9:05 AM | Locked

Peter Pan:

@ Millemissen. Here you see what Viggo Helbo chose.

Please tell us about the troubles, that Viggo had/still has setting this up.

Apart from that - if that is a solution, that Viggo can live with, it’s fine....I couldn’t.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 9:24 AM | Locked

@ Millemissen

Inspired by the setup problems Viggo had / still have, I made this wish to B&O for audio BeoSystem 5.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 9:38 AM | Locked

Peter Pan:
What do you do then ??

In the highly unlikely event the panel would die, I am pretty sure a C8 would fit nicely in the BV7-55 chassis. Connecting it would simply be plugging in an HDMI cable. BS3,- What a brilliant architecture! 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 10:01 AM | Locked

@ BEOVOX141

BeoSystem 3,- What a brilliant architecture!  Yes - thumbs up   But we have been waiting for one up to today audio BeoSystem 5.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 10:20 AM | Locked

Peter Pan:

Millemissen:

MM

BEOVISION ECLIPSE & BEOVISION HORIZON

NOW WITH EXTENDED WARRANTY AND STATE AFTER OWN CHOICE
Beovision Eclipse and Beovision Horizon are smart TVs that give you crystal clear images
and great sound. Right now, we also provide you with a five year warranty and an optional
floor stand or wall bracket, free of charge. Value up to DKK 11,300. Get your dream product
home in the living room. The TV can also be part of a multiroom system. Send the sound
from your TV to other rooms, or use the amazing speakers to expand the music experience
in the room.

From Bang & Olufsen to Millemissen. Smile  Beer    

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Sun, Mar 24 2019 4:40 PM | Locked

Peter Pan:

Peter Pan:

Millemissen:

MM

BEOVISION ECLIPSE 

From Bang & Olufsen to Millemissen. Smile  Beer     

Sure, that could be one way of avoiding...

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Mon, Mar 25 2019 7:25 PM | Locked

I know what I'm talking about, I've read it myself.

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts 163
Bronze Member
Dante replied on Mon, Mar 25 2019 9:25 PM | Locked

Why there is no digital output in the beolab receiver?

I don't trust its internal DAC...

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Mar 27 2019 4:33 AM | Locked

@ Dante

What will you use a DAC for ? 

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Mar 27 2019 7:21 AM | Locked
This only works if your TV has volume control on the optical output. Not the case with my Samsung Frame! Fortunately my Core between the TV and the TR1 filled the gap while bringing other valuable benefits in a B&O ecosystem.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Mar 27 2019 9:49 AM | Locked

@ mbolo01

Carsten:
What works great is getting TV audio from Sony Bravia, in addition to two Beolab 18. With RCV-3000 IR
Transmitter 1's eye, I can control the sound level with the TV remote control and get no "lip-sync" problems.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Mar 27 2019 11:22 AM | Locked

indeed .... I missed the extra IR kit in the drawing.

That said, I'm very happy with my Core + Essence remote to drive a similar setup, closer to my audio requirements (I'm not a TV fan) and without being stuck with a set of TV models from a limited number of TV providers.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Mar 27 2019 7:07 PM | Locked

Just being happy about the choice you made is all good. Yes - thumbs up

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts 163
Bronze Member
Dante replied on Thu, Mar 28 2019 12:45 AM | Locked

Hi PP,

I would like to conect the Beolab Receiver with a pair of Beolab 5 using the SPDIF input.

My main concern is that the BL Receiver DAC may have the same quality found in the Essence, which is total crap. I had a unit returned some time ago because of noise problems...

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Mar 28 2019 11:22 AM | Locked

Hi Dante

Your post does not match this thread. Here is a link to my suggestion. Click here. See last post.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sat, Mar 30 2019 2:05 PM | Locked

Tablet with WiSA's  APP.

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts 163
Bronze Member
Dante replied on Sat, Mar 30 2019 5:50 PM | Locked

You are just missing the point...my complain is that there is no Wisa receiver with a SPDIF/TOSLINK output to allow us to enjoy multichannel material with decent DACs from BL5.

2 channel is easy to achieve, as your drawing suggests....

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Mon, Apr 1 2019 5:54 AM | Locked

WiSA  Adds New Members

After adding 16 member brands in 2018, WiSA has seen its member roster skyrocket in the first quarter. Since
January 1, the Association has added 18 new member brands, which include some of the fastest-growing brands
in the world as well as global leaders in the home entertainment marketplace. As a result, the Association has
grown by 38 percent following CES 2019, and 83 percent overall since this time last year.

“It’s thrilling to see WiSA and its members move the needle while at the forefront of a global movement in support
of wireless multichannel' audio,” said Tony Ostrom president of WiSA. “Our rapidly growing ecosystem is now
packed with companies that represent the best in audio, electronics and manufacturing, which will enable our
customers to bring millions of WiSA Ready* platforms to market in 2019.”

Continuing its momentum, the Association is also announcing the addition of four new members who will help
further the adoption andavailability of the easiest immersive home entertainment experience for consumers around
the globe. These companies join the ever-expanding WiSA network that already includes LG Electronics, Xbox,
Klipsch®, Harman International and TCL Technology, among others.

THX Ltd. and its partners provide premium entertainment experiences in the cinema, in the home and on the go.
Over the past thirty-five years, THX has expanded its certification categories beyond studios and cinemas to
consumer electronics, content and automotive systems.Today, THX continues to redefine entertainment, providing
exciting new technologies and assurance of experiences with superior quality andhigh performance.

Savant was founded with the goal of providing the best experience in home automation by creating inventive products
that are easy to useand future-friendly. As the first home automation company to embrace mobile technology, Savant
has become the home automation brandof choice for the most luxurious homes, castles and yachts in the world.

International Audio Group (IAG) is the world's premier manufacturer of hi-fi and pro audio speakers, amplifiers and PA
systems. Over the years, IAG has acquired some of the most respected industry brands, adding Wharfedale, Quad,
Audiolab and more to its internationally-recognizedportfolio.

Engmi is a Xiaomi and Appotronics joint venture devoted to the development and manufacturing of smart home
projectors and laser TVs.Its products combine artistically immersive cinema-quality laser display with AI-assisted
living room entertainment that offers an experience larger than life.

WiSA’s recent growth is heavily fueled by the Association’s WiSA Ready platform, which clearly identifies
entertainment sources – such asLG TVs, Xboxes, and Windows 10 Gaming PCs – that are equipped to deliver up
to eight channels of high-definition wireless audio to WiSA Certified speakers when connected with a WiSA USB
transmitter. This new program simplifies consumer set-up and reduces costs byreplacing AV receivers with a low-
cost USB accessory.

The WiSA Ready platform made international headlines when the Association announced its global collaboration with
LG Electronics at CES2019. LG’s 2019 lines of OLED and flagship UHD LCD TVs are WiSA Ready and compatible
with WiSA USB Transmitters as well as a rangeof intelligent, WiSA Certified speakers that together deliver
unprecedented wireless sound for the home entertainment experience.

About WiSA, LLC
WiSA, the (Wireless Speaker and Audio) Association is a consumer electronics consortium dedicated to creating
interoperability standards utilized by leading brands and manufacturers to deliver immersive sound via intelligent
devices. WiSA Certified components from any memberbrand can be combined to dramatically increase the enjoyment
of movies and video, music, sports, gaming/esports, and more. WiSA also ensures robust, high definition,
multi-channel, low latency audio while eliminating the complicated set-up of traditional audio systems

About Summit Wireless Technologies, Inc.
Summit Wireless Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: WISA) is a leading provider of immersive, wireless sound technology
for intelligent devices andnext generation home entertainment systems. Working with leading CE brands and
manufacturers such as Harman International, a division of Samsung, LG Electronics, Klipsch, Bang & Olufsen, Xbox,
a subsidiary of Microsoft, and others, Summit Wireless delivers seamless, dynamic audio experiences for high-definition
content, including movies and video, music, sports, gaming/esports, and more. Summit Wireless is a founding member
of WiSA, the Wireless Speaker and Audio Association and works in joint partnership to champion the most reliable
interoperability standards across the audio industry. Summit Wireless, formerly named Summit Semiconductor, Inc.,
is headquartered in San Jose, CA with sales teams in Taiwan, China, Japan, and Korea.

WiSA Ready TVs, gaming PCs and console systems are "ready" to transmit audio to WiSA Certified speakers when
a WiSA USB Transmitteris plugged in and a user interface is activated through an APP or product design like LG TVs.

© 2019 Summit Wireless Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Summit Wireless Technologies and the Summit
Wireless logo are trademarks ofSummit Wireless Technologies, Inc. The WiSA logo, WiSA, WiSA Ready, and WiSA
Certified are trademarks, or certification marks of WiSA LLC.Third-party trade names, trademarks and product names
are the intellectual property of their respective owners.

businesswire.com March 2019.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Mon, Apr 1 2019 1:29 PM | Locked

I really expect that the great popularity of WiSA will result in quality solutions,
that will not disappoint if we choose 5.1 channel wireless audio over the TV.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Apr 2 2019 9:37 AM | Locked

LG’s 2019 OLED TV will be powered by a new  Alpha A9 Gen. 2, processor.

The processor, which goes by the name of Alpha A9 (Gen. 2), is touting a four-step noise-reduction algorithm.
An enhanced color correction algorithm and 120 fps High Frame Rate HFR (high frame-rate) content is also
supported by LG's Alpha 9 Gen 2 CPU in the Z9, W9, E9, and C9 OLED models (plus the SM99 and SM8X
LCD sets), which LG says uses AI and deep learning "from a vast database of over 1 million visual data" to
analyze and enhance the image based on what's going on in the picture. And the content type. It's a little
similar in some ways to the AI and ML features in smartphone cameras. LG claims its silicon solution can
help with audio, too. Specifically, the company's press release says the TVs will run algorithms that up-mix
2-channel audio to virtual 5.1 surround sound. Dolby Atmos is also supported.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Apr 2 2019 12:15 PM | Locked

They need to do something cos they're lagging behind Sony, Panasonic etc.

Ban boring signatures!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Apr 2 2019 9:10 PM | Locked

Puncher:
They need to do something cos they're lagging behind Sony, Panasonic etc.
@ Puncher - Is it the LG's 2019 TV, you do not like. I do not expect an update of Eclipse (The LG TV version 2017). Should that happen, what is the TV brand that you think Bang & Olufsen will use. ?

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Apr 2 2019 9:21 PM | Locked

I'm just commenting that LG don't appear to get the best out of their own panels - over the last few years other manufacturers have managed to get better pictures from the same panels.

While it's good that LG are progressing, I assume everyone else is too - It will be interesting to compare this year's crop.

Ban boring signatures!

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Apr 2 2019 9:47 PM | Locked

Agreed - look at Panasonic's top of the line announced OLED, the GZ2000.

A Pro Panel (BV 12 anyone?), added Panasonic video processing magic, Dolby Vision and HDR10+.

65 inches likely to be between 4 and 4.5k GBP.

The LG's are plenty good enough PQ wise sure, but the above just goes to show that the BV OLED offering doesn't offer what it used to.

No point denying it, even if one decides to buy an Eclipse or whatever.

I have a BV 12, didn't mind the cost as I knew there was no better PQ out there, but you can't say that with current BVs, Eclipse or whatever.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Apr 2 2019 10:10 PM | Locked

Sandyb:
I knew there was no better PQ out there, ...

...and that was my definition of a Beovision! Without B&O video processing the Eclipse is just another TV but with excellent sound and/or surround processing - I really felt that it shouldn't have been called a Beovision but when they have nothing else what can you expect!

Ban boring signatures!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Apr 3 2019 7:24 AM | Locked

Puncher:
I'm going to ask PP to pop by with some viable WISA solutions!

@  Puncher

What do we know. And what we do not know . ?   I'm waiting for the first LG TV 2019  presentations.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Apr 4 2019 5:38 AM | Locked

What do we know. A B&O-designed WiSA center speaker is still missing.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Apr 5 2019 9:30 PM | Locked

LG has just announced their full TV line-up for the UK, including pricing and availability. - Click here.

LG Acquires DuPont OLED Technology. - Click here.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Sat, Apr 6 2019 2:59 AM | Locked
Don’t see any 88” variaties yet Sad

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Page 13 of 25 (966 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS