Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

This post has 965 Replies | 3 Followers

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 9:15 PM | Locked

Millemissen:

However, I do not understand why anyone can call out for the thread being deleted/the admins to take action etc.

It does not harm or offend anyone - if you aren’t interested, just ignore it....that should be easy.

There is enough to read and comment on the forum without ever thinking about this thread.

I am right there behind Millemissen on this one. The thread is beyond ridiculous, an endless loop littered with contradictions and outright misinformation,-

but so is a lot of other threads! The difference is,- Peter isn't pretentious, what you see is exactly what you get!

The kind of replies he has been receiving, including mine, wouldn't be accepted by anyone else without crying fault!

Gentlemen, I suggest leaving the thread as it is, continue with the hilarious comments about nuclear strikes and do not resort to the sad and ugly face of deleting dissidents. One day it might be you and your thread!

The Power of Ignore guys,- your wife figured it out,- so can you!

Millemissen:
Relax!

Frankie says Relax!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 9:51 PM | Locked

@ BEOVOX141

Tråden er afsluttet for min part. Overskriften på tråden er nu stort set fuldt belyst. Dem der gider kan så debatere vider.

Min holdning for du på dansk, så kan du oversætte hvis du gider.

En årsag til, at nogen er nigativ, er nok fordi de føler at Bang & Olufsen's økosystemet er i fare, efter
Bang & Olufsen valgte LGs OLED TV, som BeoVision TV. Det kan jeg godt forstå, fordi mange har
investerede meget i Bang & Olufsen økosystem. LG har udviklet deres eget system, det er utopi at
tro LG tilretter sig til B&O's økosystem. Det må B&O selv klare, så længe de magter det. Så der
kommer en tid med forandring når TV'et er fra LG.

Jeg er tilfreds med MasterLink-systemet, men det er ikke længere muligt med direkte tilslutning til et
BeoSystem 4 TV. Det er udviklingen, og nogle gange mister vi noget vi havde. Men nye muligheder
kommer istedet. De dygtigste virksomheder overlever, og andre bukker under. Men en ting er sikker,
TV og lyd vil vi alle kunne købe os til, i en eller anden form.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 10:33 PM | Locked

Peter Pan:

@ BEOVOX141

Tråden er afsluttet for min part. Overskriften på tråden er nu stort set fuldt belyst. Dem der gider kan så debatere vider.

En årsag til, at nogen er nigativ, er nok fordi de føler at Bang & Olufsen's økosystemet er i fare, efter
Bang & Olufsen valgte LGs OLED TV, som BeoVision TV. Det kan jeg godt forstå, fordi mange har
investerede meget i Bang & Olufsen økosystem. LG har udviklet deres eget system, det er utopi at
tro LG tilretter sig til B&O's økosystem. Det må B&O selv klare, så længe de magter det. Så der

Jeg er tilfreds med MasterLink-systemet, men det er ikke længere muligt med direkte tilslutning til et
BeoSystem 4 TV. Det er udviklingen, og nogle gange mister vi noget vi havde. Men nye muligheder
kommer istedet. De dygtigste virksomheder overlever, og andre bukker under. Men en ting er sikker,

Sadly Peter has succumbed, and will not continue the thread. Thanks guys, appreciated! No - thumbs down

He asked me to translate. Ill try my best to convey the message:

You guys are properly upset since the B&O ecosystem is jeopardized after the LG OLED was chosen to carry the legacy of the Beovison name.

Its only natural to feel that way since you invested heavily in the current B&O ecosystem. LG has an ecosystem of their own, and there is no way it will be adapted to B&O. They are on their own, for as long as it lasts! The inevitable change will come in the form of an LG TV.

I live happily with the Masterlink system, but from the dawn of Beosystem 4 this direct interface was lost.

Times are changing and sometimes we lose part of the past, but new options and possibilities will emerge.

Only the diligent companies will survive, the rest will simply disappear. But one thing is for sure: TV and sound equipment will always be available for sale in some shape or form.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 11:05 PM | Locked

Activated 50,508  times. I am proud. Stick out tongue

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 11:11 PM | Locked

One last gasp from Peter Pan, or?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Jun 14 2019 11:34 PM | Locked

Thank you BeoVox, and thank god for that.

His response is symptomatic of the delusional attitude this thread has been characterised by.

We all know, and have done for a while, of the macro considerations (general and tech related) and the micro / B&O ecosystem questions / issues.

None of us are stupid, some may be upset, some less so - but the inference that we are ignorant of the above is insulting.

And the questions, which we are all aware of, around B&O is no justification for the heavy handed lecturing ("I understand the tech, you don't because you're all in denial or too upset (?)).  Ironic really, given how much he has got wrong with respect to the WISA dongle capability and other things too.

And sure, many of us (me too) will have been guilty of hasty, not well considered, passive aggressive comments over the years, maybe even to the point of repetition or wrong information or interpretation - but not to the extent of 6 months of endless misery, over and over again on the same single topic.

The lack of self awareness has been simply staggering.

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Bronze Member
Beosince98 replied on Sat, Jun 15 2019 5:26 AM | Locked

BEOVOX141:

Peter Pan:

@ BEOVOX141

Sadly Peter has succumbed, and will not continue the thread. Thanks guys, appreciated! No - thumbs down

He asked me to translate. Ill try my best to convey the message:

You guys are properly upset since the B&O ecosystem is jeopardized after the LG OLED was chosen to carry the legacy of the Beovison name.

Its only natural to feel that way since you invested heavily in the current B&O ecosystem. LG has an ecosystem of their own, and there is no way it will be adapted to B&O. They are on their own, for as long as it lasts! The inevitable change will come in the form of an LG TV.

I live happily with the Masterlink system, but from the dawn of Beosystem 4 this direct interface was lost.

Times are changing and sometimes we lose part of the past, but new options and possibilities will emerge.

Only the diligent companies will survive, the rest will simply disappear. But one thing is for sure: TV and sound equipment will always be available for sale in some shape or form.

I am not upset about the LG decision, which is why I continue to invest in the B&O ecosystem. I have had systems from other manufacturers in the past, but I have reverted to B&O for multiple reasons. I do not think using LG as a manufacturer jeopardizes the B&O ecosystem at all. LG is currently the benchmark when it comes to OLED displays, and I think TV's in general. In the past, B&O has used displays from other manufacturers, and I did not care one bit. As long as I get a nicely designed TV that works with my speakers and Multiroom I am happy. What upsets me about this thread is, in essence, what SandyB outlined in his last post. If Peter Pan is so convinced by the LG TV's, he should buy one (prices, especially used, have come way down) and then I would be very interested in a review of how he likes it and how he has gotten it to work with his existing B&O setup. However, this is not the right place to post pages and pages of advertising for an LG TV, and hypothetical pictures of how to integrate it. For me, the LG TV just does not offer everything a Beovision has to offer, and therefore I will continue to invest in Beovisions, even though they are not 100% perfect.

This will be my last post to this thread, and I predict this thread will fade away with loosing interest in this thread, by both the forum users and the OP.

To quote Peter Pan: "Over and out"

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Sat, Jun 15 2019 9:12 AM | Locked

I am not so sure, that this will be the last post.

As much as I agree with most of you, that Peter Pan has taken it too far, too ridiculously far, I guess there will be something to discuss there (maybe in another thread, then).

Remember a couple of years ago, when the Loewe tv’s were ‘everyones darling’ - a lot of people were looking for an ‘alternative’ to a BV.

Given that we will see the LG OLEDs in the Bang & Olufsen shops along with the WiSA dongles for sale,....

(This might very well be part of the deal, that was made with LG a couple of years ago)

.....many new/old B&O costumers will be faced with the option of buying an LG - and maybe a couple of WiSA compatible BL’s.

And what if there actually will be a (NL compatible) B&O soundbar? That might even lead to selling further B&O NL devices/speakers.

All in all this might be good for the dealers (and in case of BL’s also for B&O), and it is definitely a sign of B&O being more open to all 3rd party nowadays.

Personally I’d hope for some BV’s (based on the LG’s for the tv/screen part) in smaller and more affordable sizes than the coming Harmony....that would be my personal priority.

But as an option, why not an LG tv, if B&O and the dealers have the right strategi.

I am for diversity in that matter.

So, I guess the subject LG and B&O wiil have to taken serious in the next years - but please don’t make a religion of it.

MM 

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Sat, Jun 15 2019 10:14 AM | Locked

Millemissen:

One last gasp from Peter Pan, or?

I believe everybody, including me, just got rick rolled... 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Jun 16 2019 6:40 AM | Locked

@ BEOVOX141 - 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Jun 21 2019 4:59 AM | Locked

Big Smile

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Jun 21 2019 7:43 AM | Locked
Wow this thread is live again.

This thread now only seems to exist on an existential level so that we can debate whether or not it should exist. Wink
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Jun 21 2019 11:15 AM | Locked

beovox141:
Personally, I could suggest Peter to set up a 2020 LG Oled thread to put a little party in the street.
  Stick out tongue

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Jun 23 2019 4:35 PM | Locked

beovox141:
Impressive that the thread has attracted 52.300 hits.

@ Yes beovox141, then you receive an attention. 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Jun 23 2019 6:12 PM | Locked

Sales promotion for Harmony. This time it is Belgium who has the pleasure.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Tue, Jun 25 2019 12:56 PM | Locked

Credits:
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/kuyttendaele
FB: http://www.facebook.com/kareluyttendaelephotography
Twitter: @karelu
Instagram: @karelu

Maybe ad the credit's next time if you cut them off the bottom for some reason?!

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Bronze Member
Beosince98 replied on Tue, Jun 25 2019 1:23 PM | Locked

Mikipidia:

Credits:
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/kuyttendaele
FB: http://www.facebook.com/kareluyttendaelephotography
Twitter: @karelu
Instagram: @karelu

Maybe ad the credit's next time if you cut them off the bottom for some reason?!

Not the first time this has happened here.... but such is life on the Internet. I thought Peter Pan wanted to discontinue posting to this thread, or come back only after he knows how the WISA USB dongle works, but then again, we all got rick rolled, and I am posting again on this thread, even though I said I wouldn't.

By the way: The pictures are great! I really like the color scheme of Aluminium, brass, wood, and the gray/black speakers!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jun 27 2019 6:34 AM | Locked

Will B&O not come with some kind of a loose surround 7.1 processor. Will I choose a setup like this when my BV.- 7 does not work anymore.

https://www.av-connection.com/?PGr=6660

I will be faithful to B&O Beovox Penta. Yes - thumbs up

chickenceo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
chickenceo replied on Fri, Jun 28 2019 4:40 AM | Locked

I am currently using Pioneer amp with LG C8 and I have been thinking if the C8 can decode and output optical audio. Wouldn't a simple device that accept decoded optical audio signal and split into 5.1/7.1 channel works? Of course we need to figure a way to output 12v trigger, but that would be a real space saver.

BL8000, BL10, BL4000, BL2, BL3 (Sold), Beocentre 2 (Sold), Beosystem 3, LG C8

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Jun 28 2019 8:19 AM | Locked

Hi chickenceo. Look here

https://www.av-connection.dk/?ML=2126

chickenceo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
chickenceo replied on Fri, Jun 28 2019 8:55 AM | Locked

This is what I am doing right now, but since the decoding is done at C8, I wonder if there is something smaller that can replace the Pre-amp. Of course, a Beosystem 3 is a nice alternative which allows the use Beoremote too.Yes

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Fri, Jun 28 2019 6:41 PM | Locked

Peter Pan:

Just a warning about this surround processor . It is not able to decode any of the recent audio codecs such as DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, and Atmos. Is is not even able to decode multichannel PCM. 

B&O will come with their own surround processor. Look at the Harmony.

Regards,

Jean

chickenceo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
chickenceo replied on Sat, Jun 29 2019 4:51 AM | Locked
Mmmm, for that price I would go for BS3.

chickenceo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
chickenceo replied on Sat, Jun 29 2019 4:54 AM | Locked

Only Center channel and LR?

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sat, Jun 29 2019 5:33 AM | Locked

jvezina:
Just a warning about this surround processor. It is not able to
decode any of the recent audio codecs such as DTS-HD, Dolby
TrueHD, and Atmos. Is is not even able to decode multichannel PCM.

@ chickenceo. Unfortunately, this is the same problem with BeoSystem 3. Embarrassed 

/ Peter Pan.

Overview click here.

chickenceo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
chickenceo replied on Sat, Jun 29 2019 10:19 AM | Locked

I have to admit I am not very good with all this. But if C8 (or the TV) can decode HD-DTS/ Dolby HD etc, wouldn’t BS3 be sufficient acting as a hub for the speakers? Or it simply lack the capabilities to output the HD source?

chickenceo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
chickenceo replied on Sat, Jun 29 2019 10:24 AM | Locked

While we are at this, does anyone know why when C8 audio is set to PCM, the pre-amp will only recognize it as stereo instead of multichannel? Using Auto is no problem.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Sat, Jun 29 2019 12:12 PM | Locked

chickenceo:

While we are at this, does anyone know why when C8 audio is set to PCM, the pre-amp will only recognize it as stereo instead of multichannel? Using Auto is no problem.

When you ask a question try to be specific.

What audio, which preamp, what signal, what is not a problem etc... most times a few pictures will do the trick!

Right now the answer is 42 Smile

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 711
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Sat, Jun 29 2019 12:21 PM | Locked

chickenceo:

I have to admit I am not very good with all this. But if C8 (or the TV) can decode HD-DTS/ Dolby HD etc, wouldn’t BS3 be sufficient acting as a hub for the speakers? Or it simply lack the capabilities to output the HD source?

The lack of HD sound decoding in all B&O equipment, is sadly a testament to the utter complacency of the company.

That being said, the are other ways of achieving what you need with the BS3. Basically you just need to feed it with a multi channel PCM input.

The BS3 is is still by far the best of what B&O could offer in that category.

chickenceo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
chickenceo replied on Sat, Jun 29 2019 12:47 PM | Locked

Currently setup is like this: Apple TV HDMI -> LG C8 -> optical out audio  -> Pioneer LX83 preamp-> Beolab speakers. The question for those familiar with LG, is why optical audio output set at AUTO will result in preamp only recognize it as stereo instead of multichannel? 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Jun 30 2019 6:42 AM | Locked

@ chickenceo. Here you find answers to LG 2018 questions. Use - https://translate.google.com/

LG 2018 - https://www.flatpanels.dk/flatforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41048

pauliander
Not Ranked
Posts 81
Bronze Member
pauliander replied on Wed, Jul 3 2019 6:58 AM | Locked
Can you hook up a 4K TV with a Beosystem 3? That would solve a lot...

I am still waiting for B&O to launch a new Beosystem but perhaps I am the only one and other solutions are possibleUnsure
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Jul 3 2019 7:50 AM | Locked

pauliander:
I am still waiting for B&O to launch a new Beosystem

Me too. Yes - thumbs up

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Wed, Jul 3 2019 8:24 AM | Locked

@Peter Pan

If that really is what you need, why not use an existing A/V receiver (with pre-outs)/a preamp?

What would be the difference?

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jul 4 2019 9:03 AM | Locked

Millemissen:
@Peter Pan
If that really is what you need, why not use an existing A/V receiver (with pre-outs)/a preamp?
What would be the difference?

MM

@Millemissen
The difference. It is then possible to buy what I want in the B&O store. If not, see my suggestion on page 52.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Jul 4 2019 9:28 AM | Locked
Why don’t you guys open new threads since this one went off topic long ago? It’s just in the way.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jul 4 2019 4:26 PM | Locked

@ Michael. Just go on a thread that interests you.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Jul 4 2019 6:09 PM | Locked
The whole point of threads is to have them so it’s easy to interact. This is a super long thread containing everything between heaven and earth. Many of the submitted messages in it is about annoyance and upset. I feel it’s just making people uncomfortable. I wish we could continue with new ones instead, I don’t know how to hide this one. It takes up space and stress when I constantly see it as one of the recently active ones always. Every day.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Page 20 of 25 (966 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS