Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bang & Olufsen app 2.7

rated by 0 users
This post has 223 Replies | 6 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member
MrAndersen Posted: Wed, Aug 7 2019 9:50 PM

Hi all

Sorry for the long silence, but we have busy over the summer refreshing the UI of the app for version 2.7. We have brushed up all the main areas with few exceptions. Use link to join beta: https://testflight.apple.com/join/Zre8WT18

Redesigns 

• New homeview design
  • New control view design
  • New listening mode design
  • New setup flow design
  • Less intrusive loading animations
  • New artist and album pages
  • Changed all the sliders to the new design
  • Easier wi-fi setup

Changes and bugs

• Playing from an album or a playlist now clears the queue and adds the rest
  • The user can change build-in ToneTouch listening mode
  • It is easier to reset the listening mode to default
  • Added four more languages, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Norwegian
  • Battery indicator for BT products only shows 10 steps
  • Volume control for BT products no longer jumps

Not done yet put on it’s way

• Redesign of multiroom screen
  • Text input for Eclipse
  • Meta data errors for integrated setups

Br

Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Looks very nice!

Please give the nl/ml a bit more TLC:

- picture change to connected beosound 3000 (or others)

- icon change similar to picture change

- better multiroom join and sound level control

- acces to setup menu as there is no app for this anymore

Only then the original promise for multiroom to include the older design iconics is valid again. Now it looks silly and misses functionalities.

Thanks

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 8 2019 8:50 AM

Good work!

Think the smaller product tiles on the homeview makes sense.

What do you refer to when you say "new listening mode design" and "new control view design"?

I cannot see that "Tone Touch" is working. 

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Aug 8 2019 12:05 PM

I agree with Fantastic. The NL/ML Converter needs some attention.

I found a very odd bug: when an NL/ML Converter is assigned to a device as a secondary NL connected product for sources, the CD source cannot be accessed by either the app or by a BeoRemote One BT -- even though the box is ticked in the app for CD to be included in the local sources. However, the CD source CAN be accessed if an NL/ML Converter is assigned as the primary NL connected device.

Also, primary and secondary connected devices' NL/ML sources still show up as available even if the boxes are not ticked in the app for those sources to be included in a device's local list.

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
+1 for improvements of the ML/NL.

I have two ML/NL and functionality of the B&O app still seems to lack what we had with the beomusic app.

What functionality did you actually get working? Any way to use join with “+”? Any way to play dlna directly to the ML/NL?

Possible to ML-out or PL-out?
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Aug 8 2019 4:36 PM

In my situation, I probably should have clarified that I'm talking about adding sources from NL/ML converters to other NL devices. For example, if I want to access my BeoSound 9000 CDs via an NL/ML converter on my BeoSound 35 or BeoSound 1, I must assign that NL/ML converter as the primary connected device rather than the secondary connected device. Even though I tick the "CD" box in the app to add "CD" from a secondary device, I will not see "CD" available as a source on either the app or the BeoRemote One BT.

Is there any reason why the number of connected devices from which to access sources on an NL device can't be increased beyond 2 (primary and secondary)? This restriction of only 2 devices especially poses a problem when I have an integrated setup with a BeoSound Moment and a Beovision/BeoSystem. In such instances, I have to choice whether to have sources from my NL/ML converter that is connected to my BeoSound 9000 or my NL/ML converter that is connected to my BeoMaster 5500 with BeoGram datalink turntable. When I program macros on the BLGW, I can use sources from an unlimited number of NL devices (including NL/ML converters).

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder

Maybe a silly question.

I've just joined the beta-version but I can't remember well, or isn't it possible to change the order of the products?

Normally I could choose the icon in the right upper corner, choose products and was then able to drag the specific product up and down in the list.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 8 2019 7:34 PM
Beobuddy:

Maybe a silly question.

I've just joined the beta-version but I can't remember well, or isn't it possible to change the order of the products?

Normally I could choose the icon in the right upper corner, choose products and was then able to drag the specific product up and down in the list.

You still can.

Tap the cogwheel.

Tap “products”

Tap “edit”

Then you can rearrange

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 232
Founder

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for this great work!

I updated the app both on iPhone and iPad and noticed that on the latter, the artwork seems "blurred".

Hi resolution pictures are embedded in my music files, so they should be sharp on iPad.

May you check?

Kind regards,

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

Styrizo
Not Ranked
Madrid
Posts 45
Bronze Member
Styrizo replied on Thu, Aug 8 2019 9:17 PM

May I ask for an easier to set timer? Maybe I'm missing something but right now you have to go through a lot of menus just to set a standby in 20 minutes timer for example ;)

Thanks!

Styrizo
Not Ranked
Madrid
Posts 45
Bronze Member
Styrizo replied on Thu, Aug 8 2019 9:17 PM

May I ask for an easier to set timer? Maybe I'm missing something but right now you have to go through a lot of menus just to set a standby in 20 minutes timer for example ;)

Thanks!

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

@Fansastic: Thanks! We would like to have the pictures available for you, proper pictures for the older pictures are very hard to get in the right quality. We haven't given up yet but we might not be able to add as many as we like. Not sure about the icons, we're trying to move away from it to reduce the number of assets we need for each product. Better multiroom control is coming. What setup menu are you referring to?

@hjort: Listening modes is what we call the tonetouch presets. Control view is what we call the view you get after you click the product. Tonetouch is still being worked on, another update is due tomorrow. 

@beojeff: Yeah the converter hasn't gotten much attention. To be absolutely honest it is not on top of the list, not many users on it compared to some of the others products. We have a hard time testing some of your cases since we simply do not have the products. I will add your case to our system. 

@YannChris: We changed the picture type to one with a transparent background and have played with the settings. What iPad are you using?

@Styrizo: Click the product and click the + on alarms?

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Thu, Aug 8 2019 10:46 PM
Thanks @MrAndersen for the development.

There seem to be quite some interest about the ML/NL in the forum. I’m glad i’m not alone ;)

Let me describe my use cases; both of which are about playing NL sources to speakers connected to the ML/NL (opposite of beojeff):

1) BV7 connected via ML to the ML/NL. Unfortunately “join” with “+” does not seem possible and i also cannot find ways to play dlna or other sources to it.

2) BL3 connected via PL to the ML/NL. Same thing, would love to “join” via “+” and play dlna or other sources to it.

Thanks for the continued development of the APP.
Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 357
Silver Member
Martin replied on Fri, Aug 9 2019 4:49 AM

Hi Thomas,

I have Beolab 50 speakers. In the App for IPad there are missing which preset number is used and the pie/half circle for beam control. It looks correct in the IPhone version but is missing in IPad version.

Martin

NEW! Beovision Eclipse 65 2nd generation (G1) with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beosound 5 (for DLNA only),  Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K (2021 model). Beoremote HALO, 3xBeoplay Charging pad, Beoplay M5

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Fri, Aug 9 2019 8:04 AM

The extra controls should be a swipe away underneath the volume control ie: speaker control, basic navigation. (See apple music playlist hidden under current song). Also the left/right controls next to the volume don’t match the radio controls (or any in fact) on a bsys4 system. The app still is navigation heavy.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Fri, Aug 9 2019 11:16 AM

Hiort:

You still can.

Thank you!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Aug 9 2019 3:31 PM
Beobuddy:

Thank you!

Strange!

On my app the ”edit” button is now invisible.

But it’s there when you tap top right...

Restarted and now it’s there again....

Vintage_B&O
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 303
Bronze Member

Thanks for the new version. It is a big step forward. 

One thing I would like to change, is the look of the radio screen. If you only show the favorites, as I do, nearly the complete screen is white. I have to scroll left an right to pick up my favorite TuneIn station. 

You could change this behaviour, if you use the complete screen for showing the radio icons, if no other section is selected. 

The other sections of TuneIn don't show relevant content for me and I just wand to switch to my favourite Radio Stations. 

Best regards,

Mirco

Vintage_B&O
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 303
Bronze Member
mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Aug 10 2019 8:01 AM
When artist’s image has a full white background, « back » and « options » buttons are invisible.

Light grey should be used instead of white for these buttons IMO.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Aug 10 2019 8:11 AM
..... unfortunately light grey for buttons would not work for artists without image ... unless the right grey for all cases is used.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Aug 10 2019 8:14 AM
Hiort:

Because the button’s color is white on white background, but the edit button is definitively there (top right).

Another bug to fix

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Aug 10 2019 8:21 AM
Hiort:

Strange!

On my app the ”edit” button is now invisible.

But it’s there when you tap top right...

Restarted and now it’s there again....

Correct, at first app use the edit button is visible (See picture and note that the color is different than the top left button), but after navigating in the app such in music page, going back to products settings, edit button has turned white.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Aug 10 2019 8:46 AM
Product name (grey) is not visible for all products:

The product name is in capitals in the product page. Not consistent in my mind.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

MircoHH:

Like you I only use the favorites.

However that ‘problem’ will be hard to solve, since the behaviour is different on an iPhone vs the iPad.

And it also depends on how you turn the the device - vertical or horizontal.

If you choose ‘show all’ (Alle anzeigen), your list will be vertical instead of horizontal like in your pic - the icons will be smaller, but you will see more stations at one glance.

(In fact exactly all my favourites tit into the screen, if I - as normally - hold my iPad vertical.....but that is pure luck).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

henrik
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 458
Bronze Member
henrik replied on Sat, Aug 10 2019 9:30 AM

Hiort:

Maybe because you haven't given the other products individual names?

Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 147
Bronze Member
Alsfeld replied on Sat, Aug 10 2019 10:22 AM

I miss the "turn off button" in right top corner of the iPad (using iPad Pro) in the Product screen, it is not anymore displayed. AND it is not hidden like the edit button for change the order of the products.

It would be even more consistent when it would be in the left top corner as on the iPhone. But in what corner ever, I really love the button to turn everything off at the same time.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Aug 10 2019 10:24 AM

henrik:

Hiort:

Maybe because you haven't given the other products individual names?

That could be the explanation....

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard replied on Sat, Aug 10 2019 10:36 AM
@MrAndersen

Please see my test results for Version 2.7.0.21669 below.

Redesigns:

* New homeview design -> ok

* New control view design -> ok

* New listening mode design -> ok

* New setup flow design -> not tested

* Less intrusive loading animations -> ok

* New artist and album pages -> ok (only tested with Deezer free version)

* Changed all the sliders to the new design -> ok

* Easier wi-fi setup -> not tested

Changes and bugs:

* Playing from an album or a playlist now clears the queue and adds the rest -> ok, but DLNA cover art is missing in the queue (see screen shot # 1 below)

* The user can change build-in ToneTouch listening mode -> ok, but it’s not possible to save it back to the original value - save (gem in Danish) is grey and inactive (see screen shot #2)

* It is easier to reset the listening mode to default -> ok

* Added four more languages, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Norwegian -> not tested

* Battery indicator for BT products only shows 10 steps -> not shure what the issue was, but it seems ok to me (see screen shot #3)

* Volume control for BT products no longer jumps -> stopping and starting playback some times changes volume

Screen shot #1

Screen shot #2

Screen shot #3

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Aug 10 2019 2:34 PM
Both M3 and A6 appear to have lost possibility to change name.

Not possible from BeoTool either.....

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sun, Aug 11 2019 12:12 PM

It would be nice when you could sort your favorites alphabetical by song or artist. Now it's only by artist.

Vintage_B&O
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 303
Bronze Member

The "Now Playing" screen is not correct designed.

The device is an Apple iPad mini. 

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

We have fixed the invisible controls on re-arrange and several other places. This will be released today. 

@Martin: We will look into the iPad issues you describe. 

@MircoHH: This is a good point, I will take it up with our designer. I will take a look at your iPad mini design issue. 

@Mbolo01: Yes, we knew this would be an issue. We will probably put a slight gradient on it to make the control visible 

@Hiort: If the name has not been changed it will not be shown. This is to avoid duplicate names. I will take a look at the name edit missing, perhaps it is also white

@Dyssegaard: Wow, you have been thourough, much appreciated. I will go through you observations

@Beobuddy: Noted, let me take a look at the sorting. 

HH1971
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
HH1971 replied on Mon, Aug 12 2019 8:02 PM

Why is it the app freezing, when there is a working WLAN but no internet connection (after 2 to 6 minutes)?
Is it not possible to display at least an error message „No internet connection“ instead of freezing and leaving the user alone, wondering if something wrong with the iPhone / iPad or with the B&O app or with ...???

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Mon, Aug 12 2019 9:04 PM
Styrizo:

Thanks!

Similar question for Alarms. Here is my use case. I have programmed the alarms for every day of the week to wake me up. However on a holiday, or when I am working from home, I want to be able to easily disactivate the alarm for that particular day. In the current setup, activating and desactivating the alarms is hidden far away in the Product Configuration pages. No way that I can explain this to my wife.... far to complicated and not self-explanatory compared to the ease of setting alarms f.i. on an iPhone.

Additionally the setting only allows to switch on/off all alarms at once, does not allow to do this for one alarm...

I would be grateful if this could be reviewed!

Vintage_B&O
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 303
Bronze Member

I totally agree. The alarm functions has to be much easier to configure and to access.

Nidi
Not Ranked
Posts 46
Bronze Member
Nidi replied on Tue, Aug 13 2019 9:53 AM
easy sleep timer function in the main menu ... a dream demanded for years and not fulfilled :-((
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Aug 13 2019 10:56 AM

jans:
Similar question for Alarms. Here is my use case. I have programmed the alarms for every day of the week to wake me up. However on a holiday, or when I am working from home, I want to be able to easily disactivate the alarm for that particular day. In the current setup, activating and desactivating the alarms is hidden far away in the Product Configuration pages. No way that I can explain this to my wife.... far to complicated and not self-explanatory compared to the ease of setting alarms f.i. on an iPhone.

Hear hear!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Nidi:

easy sleep timer function in the main menu ... a dream demanded for years and not fulfilled :-((

I don’t know what you think is the ‘main menu’.

Here is how it looks when I choose my Essence as a product - I can manage ‘Standby’, ‘All Standby’ and more from there

But maybe you mean something different?

There is a tv - and there is a BV

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 232
Founder
YannChris replied on Tue, Aug 13 2019 1:12 PM

MrAndersen:

@YannChris: We changed the picture type to one with a transparent background and have played with the settings. What iPad are you using?

Hi,

I use an Ipad Air running ios 12.4.

I also noticed that artwork are not shown on the playing queue view.

Kind regards,

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

Page 1 of 6 (224 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS