Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bang & Olufsen app 2.7

rated by 0 users
This post has 223 Replies | 6 Followers

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Same here!

iPad Air 11.4

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sat, Aug 17 2019 7:35 AM

Some of you may know that I am still going crazy to find ways to include my ML/NL into my multi-room setup.

I have a new idea after having bought a Moment.

Moment link to ML/NL. ML/NL via ML to BV7.

Will this allow me to play via the APP to the BV7 without turning on the BV7? WIll this make all Moment sources available to the ML/NL in the APP?

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Aug 17 2019 2:54 PM

steve1977:

Some of you may know that I am still going crazy to find ways to include my ML/NL into my multi-room setup.

Will this allow me to play via the APP to the BV7 without turning on the BV7? WIll this make all Moment sources available to the ML/NL in the APP?

It will. I'm doing the very same thing with a Moment and a Beovision 10 via an NL/ML Converter. You can either start Moment sources via the Moment (physically or in the app) or you can have the Moment sources assigned as audio sources on the ML by mapping them through the converter. Then, using your B&O remote, you can point the remote to the BeoVision and use, CD, A.Mem, etc. to call up those Moment sources.

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sat, Aug 17 2019 4:40 PM

beojeff:

steve1977:

It will. I'm doing the very same thing with a Moment and a Beovision 10 via an NL/ML Converter. You can either start Moment sources via the Moment (physically or in the app) or you can have the Moment sources assigned as audio sources on the ML by mapping them through the converter. Then, using your B&O remote, you can point the remote to the BeoVision and use, CD, A.Mem, etc. to call up those Moment sources.

Excellent! Does this allow me to play to BLs connected to the BV without using the B&O remote and without even turning on the BV? Can I even join the BV using "+" in the B&O app?

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Sat, Aug 17 2019 6:03 PM

Dear Mr Andersen,

This is to report an omission in the B&O help site that is used with the app.

If I ask the list of supported devices, the Eclipse is not shown. Since I am using the app with my Eclipse, the help site should be updated.

Thanks in advance,

Jean

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sat, Aug 17 2019 10:35 PM

The sorting function is very handy! Thank you!

(drag down the list and the filter options appears. Neatly down)

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 12:28 AM

steve1977:

beojeff:

steve1977:

Excellent! Does this allow me to play to BLs connected to the BV without using the B&O remote and without even turning on the BV? Can I even join the BV using "+" in the B&O app?

I rarely use the app. However, when I use the BeoRemote One to play a Moment source, it plays through the speakers connected to the BeoVision without turning the the BeoVision screen on. I can also use the "join" command. You definitely need to know that when using a Moment integrated with a BeoVision/BeoSystem, you'll need to get BeoCare to rollback the Moment's software. The latest software has a well-known bug that causes issues with integrated setups.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 9:05 AM
MrAndersen:

We have fixed the invisible controls on re-arrange and several other places.

Issue still present where image’s background is white.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 9:49 AM
beojeff:

I rarely use the app. However, when I use the BeoRemote One to play a Moment source, it plays through the speakers connected to the BeoVision without turning the the BeoVision screen on. I can also use the "join" command. You definitely need to know that when using a Moment integrated with a BeoVision/BeoSystem, you'll need to get BeoCare to rollback the Moment's software. The latest software has a well-known bug that causes issues with integrated setups.

Wow, excellent! Will try over the next weekends.

Assume your ML/NL is connected to the BV via ML and configured as audio-master?

How did you connect the moment to the ML/NL? Via cable or wifi? What app did you use to link the ml/nl with the moment?

Will try to replicate in my setup exactly what you made work :)
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 12:23 PM

steve1977:
beojeff:

Wow, excellent! Will try over the next weekends.

Assume your ML/NL is connected to the BV via ML and configured as audio-master?

How did you connect the moment to the ML/NL? Via cable or wifi? What app did you use to link the ml/nl with the moment?

Will try to replicate in my setup exactly what you made work :)

Hi, Steve. Since we risk de-railing the original topic of the thread, I'm responding to this in another thread specific to the Converter that I see you're participating in.

Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 147
Bronze Member
Alsfeld replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 6:06 PM

Thank you, in the updated Version the “turn off button” is back and the hidden edit button, too. 

I like the new Music / Deezer look. Good job! 

I have two wishes regarding Music / Deezer:
1. A Deezer Flow button to start / to stop Deezer Flow somewhere in the B&O App. At least as long as B&O is not offering something similar (e.g. MOTS, MoodWheel) within the B&O app for a continuous music flow. Theoretically it should not be too complicated and licence wise no problem, because Logitech Media Server / Squeezebox is offering this button since a while within their Deezer plug-in.
2. I do not like the  “show all” screen at Deezer picks (= genre). The currently used two row list with the big cover arts shows less information on the iPad screen than you see before on the main music page - it makes no sense to go to next screen, when getting (without scrolling) less information than before. I see two solutions: (1) you follow the Deezer design style, like you did in other areas (e.g. Artists) and use half size arts like Deezer does when displaying genre art. Or (2) You use a flat list with very small arts like you always do in the second screen after tapping on “show all”, that would be at least consistent to the other areas. 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Aug 18 2019 9:35 PM

@MrAndersen

I'd like to repeat my question that I believe was never answered: Must we still be limited to only 2 linked NL devices for sources? Or, could we have a list populated of all available NL devices with boxes for us to tick. Then, we tick the boxes for the desired sources of those devices in the "local sources" menu?

I don't understand the limitation of just PRIMARY and SECONDARY linked NL devices. It's quite easy to build macros in the BLGW to access ANY source from any NL device. Please explain this to me.

Dion
Not Ranked
Perth, Australia
Posts 47
Bronze Member
Dion replied on Mon, Aug 19 2019 6:38 AM

Hi MrAndersen,

The 2.7 version of the app has made its way to Android, however there appears to be a major Deezer bug.

Once you go past the main music screen into a Deezer list screen with the small square icons/pictures (eg "favourite artists", "favourite playlists") nothing can be selected to play. The icon flashes as if it has been selected but nothing else happens.

Hopefully this is an easy fix as at the moment there is no way to play Deezer with the app on Android.

Dion.

BeoVision Harmony77 G1 with BeoLab18 x 4 & BeoLab14 4.1 (7.1.4); BeoPlayA9 Mk4; BeoSound2; BeoSound1 x 2; BeoPlayH95; BeoPlayE6; BeoPlayH3 ANC

..and it all started 20 years ago with a pair of B&O A8 Earphones...

Vintage_B&O
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 303
Bronze Member

I am using Deezer HiFi. But at which point I can see, that Deezer HiFi is working correctly and it is Streaming in HIFI to my Beosound 35 or Besound 1? 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Mon, Aug 19 2019 10:55 AM

On the home page the products are style 'Beoplay V1' whilst on the product page they are in capitals (BEOPLAY V1). I'd say use only one style. If you want to use lower cases, please style the products BeoPlay and BeoSound, consistent with the official names...

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Mon, Aug 19 2019 10:57 AM

In general I like the 2.7 very much. Cleaner!

One request to add: I lost the timer setting on the product page on my integrated setup (Essence/V1). I believe it was there some time ago, but I gather somewhere along the road it got lost. Can you restore this feature?

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

Alarms are poorly designed on the products, one time alarms doesn't exist, you can only disable all or none. I have approached the product team several times with this, but so far to no avail. 

Regarding the playqueue bug for DLNA. We cannot repro this, tried on Synology and QNAP. Can you provide more detail of a setup where it fails?

@jvezina: What list are you referring to? It is in the app?

@mbolo01: The white artist image is not yet fixed. This is a different issue and we need to put a light gradient on it or detect white and change the control color

@Alsfeld: Flow is not supported by the products yet unfortunately. We will keep tweaking this new music view in terms of size and number of items, but we will wait a bit to collect more feedback

@beojeff: I'm not sure I get it, sorry. Are you talking about integrated setup between a TV and a Essence box?

@Dion: We will make a fix for this ASAP

@1990: You are right, I will take a look at the capitalization. The timer could be a bug, let me look into it.  

Br

Thomas

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Aug 19 2019 2:27 PM
Is it a deliberate image effect?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Aug 19 2019 2:29 PM
MircoHH:

I am using Deezer HiFi. But at which point I can see, that Deezer HiFi is working correctly and it is Streaming in HIFI to my Beosound 35 or Besound 1?

According to my memory (I’m no longer subscribing to hifi), there is a FLAC Word display after the Deezer logo when looking at the now playing screen in the app

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Aug 19 2019 3:08 PM

MrAndersen:

Alarms are poorly designed on the products, one time alarms doesn't exist, you can only disable all or none. I have approached the product team several times with this, but so far to no avail. 

Regarding the playqueue bug for DLNA. We cannot repro this, tried on Synology and QNAP. Can you provide more detail of a setup where it fails?

@mbolo01: The white artist image is not yet fixed. This is a different issue and we need to put a light gradient on it or detect white and change the control color

@Alsfeld: Flow is not supported by the products yet unfortunately. We will keep tweaking this new music view in terms of size and number of items, but we will wait a bit to collect more feedback

@beojeff: I'm not sure I get it, sorry. Are you talking about integrated setup between a TV and a Essence box?

@1990: You are right, I will take a look at the capitalization. The timer could be a bug, let me look into it.  

Br

Thomas

No, I'm not talking about an integrated setup. What I'm referring to is the limitation of only being able to link two NL devices (a primary linked device and a secondary linked device) as linked devices from which you can add sources from the linked devices as available sources in the local source list. For example, you can add the sources of a BeoSound 9000 if its NL/ML Converter is set as the Primary Linked Device and the sources of a BeoSystem 5500 if is NL/ML Converter is set as the Secondary Linked Device. These sources from the primary and secondary linked devices can then who up a sources for an NL device such as a BeoSound 3500 in the app and consequently also in a BeoRemote One BT. However, this is the limit of what the app will allow us to add as sources. It is not possible in the app to add a THIRD or FOURTH linked device. So a BeoCenter 2 connected to an NL/ML Converter could not be added as a THIRD linked devices to access its sources on the local menu. Is there a reason for this limitation?

To see what I mean, take a look at the screen on the app when you go to BeoPlay M5>Product Settings>Configure>Settings>BeoLink>Link to Other Products. We can only link to a maximum of 2 other products.

However, I can use the BLGW to create macros to play and control the sources from any NL device on a device without being restricted to the PRIMARY or SECONDARY linked devices. Why can't we also do that via the app?

GoBeo
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
GoBeo replied on Mon, Aug 19 2019 6:23 PM

Interesting to hear that you look after the Android version too, as B&O's supporters don't seem to be aware of this or even have an Android device to test with(!)...

There is an annoying bug which I have tried to get fixed through both the consumer and internal product support channels (I work for a CI partner of B&O), but without luck so far.

In Music, if you select Show All on Favourite Albums, Favourite Artists or Favourite Tracks, and then pull down, you see a Filter bar.  If you try to type into it, only the first character is accepted.  To enter more, you have to tap back into the search bar for every character.

Would be great if you can fix this, because I have had no luck despite reporting it elsewhere over the past 6 months now!

Thanks,

Joe

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

@mbolo01: nope, just fixed it today

@beojeff: I need to consult someone who are more familiar with the NL/ML converter than me. I'm don't know the reasons for these limitations since it was build long before I joined the company

@GeoBeo: It is already reported, working on it!

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Aug 19 2019 10:30 PM

MrAndersen:

@beojeff: I need to consult someone who are more familiar with the NL/ML converter than me. I'm don't know the reasons for these limitations since it was build long before I joined the company

@GeoBeo: It is already reported, working on it!

Please know that the limitation really has nothing to do with the NL/ML Converter. It's a limitation of only being able to link to a maximum of two NL devices to use their sources on another device. If you follow the app's menu path that I provided, you'll see what I mean. The limitation of only linking to 2 devices (PRIMARY and SECONDARY) in the app likely just becomes an issue for NL/ML Converters because it's unlikely that we would need to use the sources from most other linked NL devices since sources such as Deezer and TuneIn area already present on any given device. However, the presence of legacy ML devices on converters opens up the possibility of adding many more sources that could be available on a device's local source list.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
Posts 200
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Mon, Aug 19 2019 11:01 PM

MrAndersen:

Br

Thomas

Here is the link:

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001069029-What-products-are-compatible-with-the-Bang-Olufsen-App-

Regards,

Jean

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Aug 20 2019 12:24 AM
beojeff:

If you follow the app's menu path that I provided, you'll see what I mean.

Following that path you reach the product configuration page that you could also reach through a regular browser. The limitation you are referring to is not at the app level but at the product level unfortunately.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Aug 20 2019 12:27 AM
MrAndersen:

Correct ! Yes - thumbs up

Dion
Not Ranked
Perth, Australia
Posts 47
Bronze Member
Dion replied on Wed, Aug 21 2019 4:57 AM

MrAndersen:

Thanks MrAndersen, all fixed and loving this update to the app!!!

BeoVision Harmony77 G1 with BeoLab18 x 4 & BeoLab14 4.1 (7.1.4); BeoPlayA9 Mk4; BeoSound2; BeoSound1 x 2; BeoPlayH95; BeoPlayE6; BeoPlayH3 ANC

..and it all started 20 years ago with a pair of B&O A8 Earphones...

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 218
Bronze Member
PaulGiles replied on Wed, Aug 21 2019 7:26 AM
Why are we still unable to play direct via the app to earphones? Unless I am missing something?

Tried both E8 and H9 and although you select them no problem the bottom line just stays on one of the other products.

You have to open deezer, play to headphones and then open the B&O APP to adjust if required. You can pause and play from here but that’s all.
PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 218
Bronze Member
PaulGiles replied on Wed, Aug 21 2019 7:29 AM
Another good feature would be a quick swipe to “play everywhere” as SONOS does.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Wed, Aug 21 2019 8:13 AM
PaulGiles:

Agreed. This needs to be a standard feature within the app. It can be triggered via voice if you’ve setup Apple Home or selected Google Voice Assistant products
laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 240
Bronze Member
laseralex replied on Wed, Aug 21 2019 9:45 AM

PaulGiles:

Oh my God, Yes!!

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 2x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound 2 • 1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  16x* Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

* Yes, really! 🤦‍♂️

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Aug 21 2019 11:56 AM

PaulGiles:
Why are we still unable to play direct via the app to earphones? Unless I am missing something?

Because the app will never be able to do this. The app is basically just a remote for the multiroom speakers, not a music player.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Aug 21 2019 2:15 PM

w5bno123:
PaulGiles:

Agreed. This needs to be a standard feature within the app. It can be triggered via voice if you’ve setup Apple Home or selected Google Voice Assistant products

Google Assistant only interface to Chromecast. You are then "outside" B&O Multiroom and have to use Google Home app (or Google Assistant) to e.g expand to more rooms, change track etc.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
@MrAndersen:

I’m away from my home network and only having my A1 and H8 with me.

I’ve noticed that when I’m playing on these Bluetooth devices, a message saying that no product is selected is displayed all the time (see attached screen shots) even though A1 or H8 are selected.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Aug 21 2019 11:28 PM

mbolo01:
beojeff:

If you follow the app's menu path that I provided, you'll see what I mean.

Following that path you reach the product configuration page that you could also reach through a regular browser. The limitation you are referring to is not at the app level but at the product level unfortunately.

I appreciate that the software programmer here is for the app, but I certainly hope that there is communication and cooperation among the app programmer and the programming team(s) for multiroom and the NL products themselves.

For example, it would be nice to be able to use the app to add a BeoSound Moment when expanding to a multiroom playback. Currently, we can only do that physically on the Moment itself.

Also, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE find a way to balance the volume of TuneIn to be consistent with the volume of other sources!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 22 2019 6:59 AM
Dyssegaard:

@MrAndersen:

I’m away from my home network and only having my A1 and H8 with me.

I’ve noticed that when I’m playing on these Bluetooth devices, a message saying that no product is selected is displayed all the time (see attached screen shots) even though A1 or H8 are selected.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

The app is not a music player it self. For these devices the app is merely providing an interface for the settings.

I guess that is the explanation.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 22 2019 7:01 AM
beojeff:

For example, it would be nice to be able to use the app to add a BeoSound Moment when expanding to a multiroom playback. Currently, we can only do that physically on the Moment itself.

When I had a Moment (integrated with BV11) I could expand music to that device by tapping “+” in the Multiroom view.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Aug 22 2019 8:21 AM
Hiort:

When I had a Moment (integrated with BV11) I could expand music to that device by tapping “+” in the Multiroom view.

Correct, the Moment can be added to a multiroom experience the way described by Hiort, like any other NL product.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Aug 22 2019 10:58 AM

mbolo01:
Hiort:

Correct, the Moment can be added to a multiroom experience the way described by Hiort, like any other NL product.

I have a Moment integrated with a BeoVision 10 via an NL/ML Converter and it does not appear as a choice when expanding music.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Aug 22 2019 3:05 PM
beojeff:

I have a Moment integrated with a BeoVision 10 via an NL/ML Converter and it does not appear as a choice when expanding music.

Isn’t it related to the NL/ML issue introduced by the latest Moment’s software?

Page 2 of 6 (224 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS