Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Your latest addi(c)tion?

This post has 1,503 Replies | 6 Followers

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Fri, Jul 13 2018 1:28 PM
elephant:
Beo1 is a lovely design - good for collectors but relatively useless like the key ring .

Have a look there Wink

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/25335/232575.aspx#232575
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Jul 13 2018 6:46 PM
CB:

elephant:

Beo1 is a lovely design - good for collectors but relatively useless like the key ring .

Christophe:

Have a look there

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/25335/232575.aspx#232575

Wow ... Now I’ll have to ask my local source for one !

BeoNut since '75

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Mon, Jul 16 2018 10:50 PM

Søren Mexico:

Nice new items Steffen, lets see your Pentas. I am done for a while buying vintage, prices has gone up in the US and MX pesos down like 80% the last 4 years. Just bought caps, some transistors and trimmers from Mouser US for my BL/BM 5000, 110.00 USD, I could probably get it cheaper from Martin, but then I will have to wait some 4-6 weeks for delivery. I have waiting in DK with my son a BM 1000 and BG 1000 bought on DBA, I check there occasionally. Sold a BG 2404 and a BG RX2, 7 BGs was too much

The price for Beograms is really on the rise, as more and more people buy vinyl. I hope you got a good price, Søren.

Well - here is my "new" Penta's:

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Mon, Jul 16 2018 11:03 PM

And then I bought this "stand" for my Beosystem 5000 - it's the storage unit for the Beosystem 2. (the one used with the Beovision 4).

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Oh my got, oh my got, the guys in Valhalla must be rocking when they see these pics, just amazing, your Pentas fits right in. I hope that my next visit to DK will give me time to visit you, I wanted this for so many years now, your collection is just incredible. i sold the BGs about 2 years ago, for around USD 200.00 and 2 bottles of my favorite rum a piece with used but working MMC 4s, one of them to my nephew, he is using it nearly daily, the other one only to show off.   

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 350
Bronze Member

Wov that is really a mighty collection Steffen. 

Beograms on the rise? Thanks for the tip. 

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 4:16 PM

Søren Mexico:

Oh my got, oh my got, the guys in Valhalla must be rocking when they see these pics, just amazing, your Pentas fits right in. I hope that my next visit to DK will give me time to visit you, I wanted this for so many years now, your collection is just incredible. i sold the BGs about 2 years ago, for around USD 200.00 and 2 bottles of my favorite rum a piece with used but working MMC 4s, one of them to my nephew, he is using it nearly daily, the other one only to show off.   

You are always welcome, Søren. 
Just to be curious... what brand is your favorite rum?Smile

Cheers from sunny Denmark. We have had sunshine for more than a month now - 32-33 degrees (Celsius) today CoolBeer

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Steffen:
Just to be curious... what brand is your favorite rum?Smile

Daily use Bacardi Añejo (aged rum) a spicy dark rum, it takes the sweet out of the Coca Cola, well mixed with ice, we call it a Cuba over here, i never found Añejo in DK.

Back to the addiction: I have nearly finished my second set of BL/BM 5000, and now I have decided to do a third set, which I will try to get as near to Fredes quality as possible, which means, strip it down in detail, clean perfectly, paint where needed, wood works with my danish carpenter, change all caps, transistors, diodes, trimmers (where possible), lamps and resistors where needed. New fronts from Frede is a must. So, as BL/BMs are nearly impossible to get over here I am looking in DK to bring back next time in DK, Frede has invited me to visit him, I will observe, remember and take pics if allowed Smile.

If you come across a set or singles please contact me, I am frequently on Gul og Gratis and DBA, my son is in Copenhagen and he can receive and pay, so no problems.

square4
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 241
Gold Member
square4 replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 5:29 PM

Søren, i have another set i maybe will sell.

Henrik. 

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Tell me more, tell me more nielsen@nigraph.com

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sat, Nov 24 2018 2:17 AM
My white Beogram 7000 has lost the string tie point and needs a little but and bolt installed, but the string got wrapped around the center spindle. While I need to get that sorted, I was able to find a very nice silver BG 7000 in great working condition for only $150USD. I also got an unopened Soundsmith SMMC4 for another $150USD. Can’t wait to get it connected up in the morning.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sat, Nov 24 2018 3:17 PM
Ok, so it doesn’t match in color, but it sounds awesome Big Smile.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Tue, Jan 1 2019 5:08 AM

Added these beauties this weekend. They do a fantastic job replacing my old Visio sound bar for my bedroom tv.

Dom

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 6:28 PM

Also a nice pair for me! They are Dark Grey and look very nice. The plan is to replace the BeoLab 3500 in the kitchen. Will post some pictures in the 'Flash your B&O' when ready Smile (no rush)

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Fri, Mar 15 2019 10:51 PM

Went to pick up a pair of Beovox M100 with red labels this evening. I think this is the only B&O I've bought in the last couple of years apart from a BeoVision 6-26 sometime last year. The veneer grain doesn't match which is a bit unusual.  

All original drivers - fillers in need of a refoam, covers in front of the supertweeters are missing and one of the frets is broken in the middle.

One has no 2140 and the other 2142 so at least close to each other. Unfortunately there were no stands.

I had a long and interesting chat with the seller. He inherited the speakers from a family member that used to work at Bang & Olufsen as development manager and participated in the development of the uni-phase series. The seller also has a passion for B&O, but the speakers weren't being used and took up too much space. He also told be about his love for the Beogram 4000-series and he really knows all sorts of information about them regarding different versions with AC and DC motors, changes that were made during production and how to spot which version it is, usual problems with them, the type numbers and so on. We also talked about the Beomaster 6000 4CH of which he has a very speciel one in oak! 

We could definitely have talked for a couple of hours more about our passion for B&O. 

/Dennis

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Fri, Mar 15 2019 11:10 PM

Earlier this afternoon I was contacted by another guy that used to work at Bang & Olufsen, who told me he had a couple of items with red labels. He only lives a 10 minute drive away from me, so I decided to go there before picking up the M100s. 

First items I looked at was a pair of cassette decks. According to the seller, they are also preproduction items, there are no labels to confirm this though, but the lack of them could be an indication. 

There was no doubt with the Beocenter 2600 though.

/Dennis

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Fri, Mar 15 2019 11:33 PM

But that wasn't everything he had...  back in 2013 I noticed that the Beogram CD 50 at Struer Museum has 'EJECT' written on the left side of the front and 'OPEN' next to drawer cover plus a red label on the back. I compared my picture of it with pictures from the internet and noticed, that the writing on the front was different on the pictures I found. Since then I have had a second look every time a Beogram CD 50 has come up for sale, but I never found one with the same writing as the one at Struer Museum... not until today that is! 

Why does it say 'OPEN' next to the drawer cover you might ask? Whistle

I don't have another Beogram CD 50 to compare with, but I'm pretty sure a normal one doesn't do this? Big Smile

/Dennis 

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Fri, Mar 15 2019 11:45 PM

He had a few special items more that are now added to my collection. 

The parts in the bags are for various Beocentres and remote controls. The Beomaster 6000 Commander on the right is definitely not something I have seen before. Maybe is was made using parts from a Beovision 6000 Commander? The Beolink 5000 has the model name on the front like the one I bought back in 2013. This one has a red label though, which confirms it being an early version.

So I think I've made up for not really adding anything to my collection for a couple of years - and all in one day! Stick out tongue

He also had a Beocord 5000 type 47xx, a Beomaster 2400, a stack of Video Terminals + various spare parts for them and a few other items, but due to lack of space and already being in possession of those models, I decided to pass. They were normal production ones, so not exactly rare - at least not here. 

/Dennis

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
Posts 780
Bronze Member
Dennis:

But that wasn't everything he had... back in 2013 I noticed that the Beogram CD 50 at Struer Museum has 'EJECT' written on the left side of the front and 'OPEN' next to drawer cover plus a red label on the back. I compared my picture of it with pictures from the internet and noticed, that the writing on the front was different on the pictures I found. Since then I have had a second look every time a Beogram CD 50 has come up for sale, but I never found one with the same writing as the one at Struer Museum... not until today that is!

Why does it say 'OPEN' next to the drawer cover you might ask?

I don't have another Beogram CD 50 to compare with, but I'm pretty sure a normal one doesn't do this?

/Dennis

That front panel is so cool on the CD50! What a crazy find
lausvi
Top 150 Contributor
Helsinki - Finland
Posts 689
Bronze Member
lausvi replied on Sat, Mar 16 2019 11:22 AM

Saint Beogrowler:

That front panel is so cool on the CD50! What a crazy find

Yes, super cool! Would like to hear and see more about how the display differs from the normal CD50. Fascinating that they did start with (I guess; more advanced display and) opening front with buttons (a la Beomaster 5000) but decided to get rid of it!

I think you did grab a very unique set of B&O prototypes!

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Sat, Mar 16 2019 7:51 PM

I will try to get it running at some point and test the different functions. I had it powered up through my variac just before the pictures were taken, but unfortunately I can't get it to eject the drawer, so the belt probably needs replacing. 

I only need to find a Beogram 5000 with red labels now to make a complete Beosystem 5000 with red labels. Guess I could use my Beogram 3000 that says Beogram 5005 on the lid until then. Big Smile

/Dennis

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Sun, Mar 17 2019 11:12 PM

After driving a couple of hours this evening through heavy wind and  rain, I spent the last of my budget for buying B&O this year...! Surprise

So another Beomaster 4401 has turned up! Cosmetically it need a little TLC; the top is not sitting straight, the wood could use some oil, maybe a light sanding and the aluminium has a few marks. Will see if I will leave it at correcting the top and leave the rest as is with respect for its history. According to the seller it should work.

The rest doesn't have red labels, but I was missing a normal Beomaster 6000 4 Channel and the Beocord 5000 was just part of the deal. Cosmetically they look OK, but I don't know the condition of the internals. The M100s I bought the other day didn't come with stands, but these did. They need a good deal of work done to them; the fillers are not installed but are included and have been refoamed (but may need redoing), the dust caps of the 12" drivers are both pressed in, the frets need new fabric and one is broken in the middle, most of the pins are broken and then one them has some damage to the cabinet where one of the pins normally goes. So there's work for quite a few rainy days. Smile

/Dennis

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Mon, Mar 18 2019 7:12 AM

A 4401 is a nice find Dennis, well done !

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Mar 18 2019 7:21 AM

Very nice finds indeed.
There is at least one more CD50 of that type. And as a curiousity it was also the version that was first shown in the catalogues.

Martin

Stereomensch
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 322
Bronze Member

And another one :)

This french guy here has a stunning example

http://vintage-audio-laser.com/Bang-Olufsen-Beogram-CD50

Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
Posts 129
Bronze Member
Kromer replied on Mon, Mar 18 2019 7:04 PM

Very nice finds Dennis! I'm not jealous of that 4401 at all...

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Mon, Mar 18 2019 8:58 PM

Kromer:

Very nice finds Dennis! I'm not jealous of that 4401 at all...

Oh, man, another Precious!  Me wants it!

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Mon, Mar 18 2019 11:55 PM

I'm also very exited to have found one, and I'm really eager to get it home, have a closer look at it and get it cleaned up. At the moment it's standing at my father in-law until I have somewhere to put it at my mom's house where (most of) my collection still is. I'm in the middle of renovating the utility room in her house, so the house is quite a mess at the moment and not really ideal to store even more stuff in.

Can't wait to have my own house one day and be able to have my collection on display. The black 4401 will definitely get a place of honor together with my silver 4401. 

Btw. for some reason I seemed to remember that the protope Beocord reel-to-reel for the Beosystem 6000 was named Beocord 6000, but looking at a picture I took of the one at Struer Museum, I realized that it was in fact named Beocord 5000. Still strange that they continued with that when making the Beocord 5000 casette deck even after making a preproduction run where the units were named Beocord 6000. Made a quick search on 'Beocord 5000 reel-to-reel' and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y__5v8dimTo

Apparently one of the original 6 prototypes has ended up in Russia and is for sale for 10.000€, which is a bit out of my league! SurpriseStick out tongue

Could be interesting to know where the rest are. Struer Museum have one and it could seem that Jacob Jensen Design are in possession of a complete prototype Beosystem 6000 - they have at least posted pictures of it on Instagram. 

/Dennis

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 5:42 PM

Found this nice BeoLink 5000 - I like the 2-way connection with the BeoMaster 6500, and I was finally able to set the time of the Master so it reads correctly on a BeoLab 3500. Also it has a Phono button: I hooked an AirPort express to that input.

I think it looks even a bit more refined than a Beo4.

Johan
Top 200 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
Posts 450
Gold Member
Johan replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 7:16 PM

the only thing is that I believe my LG plasma tv jams the signals of it. When the TV is off, the remote works fine, when it's on: no go. My Beo4 works fine then. Time for a new TV Big Smile!

square4
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 241
Gold Member
square4 replied on Sat, May 25 2019 8:15 AM

A couple of months ago i bought this nos lid for my beogram 8002

and yesterday my good friend Hans-Henrik(pickupservice.dk) gave me this nos white cabinet for a beogram 8002

The box has never been opened so the white color is exactly as new and not the yellow color they normally get over the years,so here is the opportunity to build a very nice beogram.

Henrik. 

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sat, May 25 2019 8:45 AM
That one was missing chez Jacques.

Mint and working Smile

I must say I was surprised: it is an incredibly well-built and heavy beast this!

Jacques

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Tue, Jun 18 2019 10:01 AM

Just added this Beocenter 2 and Beovision 10-32 for my dining room.
Got both for a fair price - in mint condition and fully functional.
My "old" Beosystem 4500 is too good to go to my "Museum" (as some of you might have seen pictures of in another thread) - so now both the BC2 and the 4500 is connected to the BL 4000's via a Powerlink switch Smile
Yes... a bit "overkill" with 2 audio systems in one room - but... Big Smile

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Sun, Jun 23 2019 11:33 PM

SMMC3 and I like it a lot

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Mon, Jun 24 2019 12:59 PM

Ricardo:

SMMC3 and I like it a lot

I bought one about 6 months ago for the RX2 in the living room.  I had to try a couple different preamps before I liked the sound.  Ended up using ProJect's entry level MM preamp.

But yeah, I like mine a lot, too.  I have my first MMCL20 in for a rebuild at Soundsmith.  Looking forward to hearing that when it comes back.

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Sun, Jul 28 2019 5:17 PM

Added this beauty to my collection today. Smile

I can find pictures of 7 different original Beotime wall clock styles on Google - wonder if there are more?

Beogram 4500 style:

- Aluminium/black

- Aluminium/black with chamfered edge

- Aluminium/red

- White/red 

Beogram 8000 style:

- Aluminium/black

Beogram 8002 style:

- Aluminium/black

- White/black/red (like the one I just found)

lausvi
Top 150 Contributor
Helsinki - Finland
Posts 689
Bronze Member
lausvi replied on Sun, Jul 28 2019 5:26 PM

Dennis:

Added this beauty to my collection today. Smile

That is beautiful! I had never seen a white + red variation.

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Sun, Jul 28 2019 5:44 PM

There was a thread on Beoworld a couple of years ago where pictures of some of the other styles were posted. CLICK

Wonder if they ever made one with a black anodized platter? 

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Jul 29 2019 10:08 AM

I  unashamedly made one with a spare Beogram 4000 (yes, the heavy one) 😋

Jacques

Beozip
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 368
Bronze Member

This is my last addiction Automobile Big Smile

Page 34 of 38 (1504 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS