Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bang & Olufsen 1.9 beta

rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 4 Followers

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

@ MM

Did the PlayMaker show up in your B&O app? 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Aussie Michael:

@ MM

Did the PlayMaker show up in your B&O app? 

Sure - but all you can do there is to access the settings of it.

I find it a bit odd, that it is there with the NL-devices.

However, if you ditch the ‘old’ settings app, it will be the only way to get access to it.

I have thought of removing it - and adding it, when I would ever need to change a setting there (not likely to happen).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sun, Jun 24 2018 10:45 AM

Starts to be annoying, an unannouced automated update on my iPhone which fails to start music my Moment/BV9.

Had to scroll through BW to find out that it’s app related. Luckily the iPad works still though with the 1.8 version.

You need to set your priorities right, functionality above design.

It’s so frustating when you finally have the time to put on some music, you have to struggle for it

M3, M5 and Essence mk2 works well.

Several versions ago I was able to control the volume from the Moment (NL/ML converter-BV9). Lost that too.

Have to find out to disable the automated updates. At least I can then blame myself for choosing to update. Now I can’t return to the working previous version.

I was thinking at first that I had another problem here. Beotool tells me that I own 72! devices. 3 online, 69 offline.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

is the 1.9 beta for the ipad app or is this for an update to other system software say BeoVision? 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

With ‘beta 1.9’ is meant a test version of the Bang & Olufsen app.

MM

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, Jun 25 2018 11:17 AM

My iPad has 1.8, not updated. iPhone has 1.9013699. iPad still works.

I haven't signed up for betatesting the app. Only for the Moment and others in my network.

Update: iPad now has also the 1.9 version. Therefore not able to use the moment with both iPhone or iPad anymore Sad

So, I can't select any music in any linkroom.

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member
MrAndersen replied on Mon, Jun 25 2018 11:33 AM

Update on the Moment issue: We are currently investigating the issue and will update you as soon as we can. What we have found is the following: 

It only occurs when the Moment is integrated with a TV, in this scenario the TV becomes the leader and control is divided between the two. Play/pause goes to the TV, play queue needs to come from the Moment. Horribly complicated

In our tests simply pressing play still works, so we're not able to reproduce exactly what you are describing. We are, however, seeing some issues with the play queue.

We will keep you updated

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Jun 25 2018 11:42 AM

Thanks

But that combination (Moment integrated with a TV) worked under the previous app version!?

Surely, it should then be possible for the new app to work,  with the same end results, irrespective of how different the current version is engineered?

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

The Moment issue has been found and a new TestFlight build is on it's way. It should be ready as soon as Apple has approved it. 

Regarding the Playmaker, it is for setup only. Since BeoSetup has been shut down the Bang & Olufsen app is the only way to set it up. It might be treated differently in the UI at some point

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Jun 25 2018 3:07 PM

Thanks for the update - looking forward to the update.

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 232
Founder
YannChris replied on Mon, Jun 25 2018 8:04 PM

MrAndersen:

The Moment issue has been found and a new TestFlight build is on it's way. It should be ready as soon as Apple has approved it. 

Mr Andersen,

What about the loss of artwork in the app, as described by Mbolo01 and myself?

Kind regards,

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

Hi YannChris

We're looking at that as well, a fix for that is not in the testflight currently processing however. 

Br

Thomas

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member
MrAndersen replied on Tue, Jun 26 2018 12:40 PM

The testflight is ready for those of you with access. Please let me know if you are still having issues.

Br

Thomas

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Jun 26 2018 12:56 PM
MrAndersen:

The testflight is ready for those of you with access. Please let me know if you are still having issues.

Br

Thomas

Not available yet in TestFlight from my side

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

I got a mail saying it was ready, but online it is still waiting?? Sorry for the confusion, you should get a notification when it is there. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Also not by me - but I haven’t got the Moment, so no hurry here.

MM

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Jun 26 2018 3:17 PM
Millemissen:

but I haven’t got the Moment, so no hurry here.

But we all know that regression testing is a must with this app .... remember a design change + a few bug fixes have seriously impacted the integrated Moments! We need you MM Big Smile

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Don’t worry - I am not going away.......not even on vacation ;-((

MM

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Jun 26 2018 6:18 PM
Moment now working perfectly on the app

Thanks for the fix Thomas

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Hi Thomas,

On the latest beta-version I’m not able to configure my Beolit12. The app tells me that the product is not available on the network. It works on the old Beosetup app.

PS: The same problem is present in the latest official (non beta) version.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Jun 26 2018 9:51 PM
MrAndersen, I would like please to understand the concept behind the following behavior:

When an album or a track is added to a play queue by either the play button or the play now action, it is always inserted after the currently playing or last played track in the play queue where I would find more logical to add it to the end of the play queue from where it is played.

In the screenshot below I have stared an album (Isaac Hayes), then another one (Yes) which was inserted between the 1st Isaac Hayes track and the rest of the remaining album’s tracks, then i started a single track (Yann Tiersen) which was inserted after the first track of the second album, etc .... which means that at some point the very first album will resume playing when all the tracks that have been inserted are played .... I think that usually when we decide to change the music that is currently playing for another one it is because we don’t really want to continue listening to it isn’t it?

@Beoworlders: any thoughts ?

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

@Dyssegaard: We have tested with Beolit 12, A8 and the playmaker, since they are all more or less the same. They were working fine. I will re-test with the BeoLit 12 we have in the office. 

@When you click play now or the arrow it is assumed that you want to listen to that music now in its entirety. From the "..." top right you can select from add to queue and play next, which seems to be the ones you are looking for?

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Jun 27 2018 9:06 AM
MrAndersen:

@When you click play now or the arrow it is assumed that you want to listen to that music now in its entirety

Correct and I also don’t want that the music playing before resumes when I have entirely listen to what I wanted to listen to. So one option could be to empty the play queue before adding the selected track(s), my preferred option, or to append the selected tracks(s) to the current play queue and start playing it(them).

The current method of inserting in a existing play queue drives to a messy play queue as shown in my previous attachement

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jun 27 2018 9:22 AM
mbolo01:

Correct and I also don’t want that the music playing before resumes when I have entirely listen to what I wanted to listen to. So one option could be to empty the play queue before adding the selected track(s), my preferred option, or to append the selected tracks(s) to the current play queue and start playing it(them).

The current method of inserting in a existing play queue drives to a messy play queue as shown in my previous attachement BS Moment, BS Core, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

I thinks it’s quite good that the “old” play que remain after the latest selection. Otherwise it will be quiet after the album you play.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Jun 27 2018 9:49 AM
Hiort:

I thinks it’s quite good that the “old” play que remain after the latest selection. Otherwise it will be quiet after the album you play.

It is a valuable opinion.

IMO, quiet is often a better choice when you start your listening day with dynamic music and want to finish with down-tempo .... and suddenly dynamic comes back that you need to stop.

By analogy, when you start watching a movie and decide that you prefer watching another one, not sure that resuming the previous movie at the end would be appreciated.

Maybe a play queue management preference in the app setup would make it?

Insert and play (current default) or append and play or clear all and add

talisman
Not Ranked
Sweden
Posts 54
Bronze Member
talisman replied on Wed, Jun 27 2018 10:24 AM

Moment now working perfectly on the app. 

But still no volume control on the moment in the app.

(Moments connected to speakers via NL / ML converter to my Beosystem3)

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Jun 27 2018 12:05 PM

Appstore doesn’t mention an update here?

Still the same version. 

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member
MrAndersen replied on Wed, Jun 27 2018 12:14 PM

It is still in review with Apple, hopefully not long now. 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Wed, Jun 27 2018 10:09 PM

Update is available. 

Seems to work again!

Thank youThomas and your team for the effort you made. 

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 161
Bronze Member
tph replied on Wed, Jun 27 2018 11:32 PM

A few weird things about the public 1.9 release (I'm not in the Testflight beta circle) from a Beolit 12 user:

• "Beolit 12" is incorrectly spelled as "BeoLit12" in the app (contrary to the usual B&O convention, the L in Beolit should be lowercase).
  • When trying to add a product, the application complains that Bluetooth needs to be turned on, even though it is on.
  • "Add product" feature will find the Beolit 12 and suggest adding it. However, after it has been added, trying to access its settings from the main menu always shows a "The product is not available on the current network" message, even though the speaker can be reached just fine via AirPlay or by typing its address in a web browser.

The app is running on an iPhone 5 with iOS 10.3.3.

— Tuomas | Bang & Olufsen | Bang & Olufsen Create

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Hi Thomas,

I have my Beosound Core integrated with the speakers of my BV11. In the current version of the app (1.9.1.13851) I’m not able to use the Music or Radio buttons when starting from the main screen with the BV11 active as TV. Further more, when I then select music or radio via the Core in the drop down menu of the “now playing” screen, radio or music may start, but the system then gets unresponsive, and further change of source from the Core is no longer possible.

The only way to get the system back on track is to remove the BV11/Core integration and add it again (restarting the Core does not help).

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Hi again Thomas.

I have just discovered another problem. I was playing Spotify on my BV11/Core combo. From the Bedroom I then tried to join my M5 by tapping it on the top. No reaction. I then tried to add it in the app under multiroom, but it was not listed with the BV11 as selectable. The only way I could make the M5 join was to select it from the home page, open the now playing drop down menu, and select “tap to join”. Now I had Spotify playing in both rooms, but the app did not show them as a group.

I think you have to look into how the integrated setup (BV11/Core) can be brought into a working condition.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Jun 29 2018 2:03 PM

App is working again after the update.

Thanks Thomas!

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Jun 29 2018 10:25 PM
New beta this evening, changes in the iPad design (French is not part of this release).

I think that product images are still far too big, reducing them would help exposing more useful information without the need to scroll.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Just installed the 1.9.5 (the newest beta) with a redesigned ‘home/product screen’.

It is absolutely a no go on the iPad - way too much information, which you only need occasionally.

I did report this back to Thomas already.

P.S. i can’t say anything to other changes.

MM

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Fri, Jun 29 2018 11:35 PM
Haven’t tried the iPad version yet, but I noticed the black background on the controls have given way to a dark greyish-brownish hue. A bit sad about the change as I really liked the way the OLED display of the iPhone X portrayed the black. Subjective, I know.

Suggestion: If this new colour has come to stay, how about an option to toggle a “black mode”?

-h.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jun 30 2018 8:18 AM
mbolo01:

Maybe a play queue management preference in the app setup would make it?

Insert and play (current default) or append and play or clear all and add

Seems a reasonable suggestion.

I tend to use the ... to play safe, and because it is similar to other systems

The click now play now approach on other system immediately wipes the current and remaining songs in the playlist —- is cross system standardisation desirable ?

For me yes, as I want to promote my system to be used by a spectrum of iTunes, Spotify, and Android family members !

BeoNut since '75

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

On my iPad I see no change of the colour.

MM

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Jun 30 2018 8:41 AM

Same here - looks a bit odd on the iPhone X.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Jun 30 2018 9:02 AM

Agreed, this doesn't look very good on the iPad, to say the least.

MrAnderson - would love to understand the reasons for the split screen approach?

Is it driven by the difficulty of fitting an odd number of product tiles (say 5?) into a horizontal view? Personally i prefer a grid view (landscape or horizontal both), even if it means an empty grid space. But if we're going to continue with the split screen view, then the main panel with the selected product has huge amounts of empty space.

And having Product settings / Support / Alarms are not frequently needed. Why not use the space for some more useful functions?

This gets back to earlier feedback - playback controls and source selection is all confined to the "Now Playing" screen - that choice just seems to limit / restrict what the Home / Products screen can do. So all these iterations of the look of the Products screen havent made it any more useful. What have these changes actually achieved with respect to usability.

A separate Now Playing screen makes sense for music / radio etc - and is where users will spend their time if listening to music etc. There is no reason to change that.

But for other things, the Products screen should do more - mute / volume control a product, 3 dots to source select etc, wake product to last active source. This feedback has been provided before - and i would reiterate, why should it take 4 taps to activate a product to a source? 

But then again, i'm beginning to feel providing any feedback is a waste of time - there is no evidence that any of it is ever taken into account. 

Its been well over a year now, and functionality present in the previous apps is still not present in the new app.

Page 4 of 6 (217 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS