Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bang & Olufsen 1.9 beta

rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 4 Followers

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jun 7 2018 11:35 AM
Really? Wasn't quite aware

That said, the new beta app seems worse

Not seeing any play queue?

Unable to switch sources using the Music or Radio tabs?

Would be nice if I could do more than just activate / deactivate products and some basic source switching.

Might as well use the old BeoRemote app to do that.

Not looking for full Moment interface on the app, just some basic view of the Playlist, selecting songs within it, switching to a different Playlist.

So while I take your point - we seem to have lost some things with this new beta compared to a few weeks ago

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Jun 7 2018 7:32 PM
Sandyb:

Hi there MrAndersen.

Using the beta version of the app this morning - the app is showing no play queue with my Moment.

1. Triggered a playlist using the Moment first.

2 Added a second room.

3 Playlist is showing fine on the actual Moment Jukebox, but nothing showing on the app.

Issue is same whether Playlist is from Deezer or from my local Moment connected NAS.

I think something is broken in the communication between the app and the Moment - in addition to the absent playlist, at times the artist / album image disappears from the Now Playing screen as well.

Anyone else have the same problem?

I have logged an issue through the app.

Let me know if you need any further information.

I tested your scenario:

1. Triggered a playlist using the Moment first - A Twonky one, Recently Added

2. Added a second room - my A6

3. Now playing queue is displayed correctly in the app, without the album cover displayed which is a recurrent issue since version 1

Then I cleared the now playing list from the app and triggered a Deezer playlist from the Moment which appeared correctly in the app instantaneously, including the album cover on the now playing screen as we are in the Deezer area, but not in the play queue screen as it sources the images from the Moment play queue which is the same recurrent issue as mentioned in point 3

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Jun 7 2018 7:55 PM
Sandyb:

Really? Wasn't quite aware

That said, the new beta app seems worse

Not seeing any play queue?

Unable to switch sources using the Music or Radio tabs?

Would be nice if I could do more than just activate / deactivate products and some basic source switching.

Might as well use the old BeoRemote app to do that.

Not looking for full Moment interface on the app, just some basic view of the Playlist, selecting songs within it, switching to a different Playlist.

So while I take your point - we seem to have lost some things with this new beta compared to a few weeks ago

No only the cover images sourced from the Moment are an issue.

I am able to switch sources from the app, as well as seing the play queue content.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jun 7 2018 8:04 PM

Sounds like you re seeing a play queue in your app - i am not, and just tried it again.

That was one issue  - the other being that once i have something playing (whether started by the Moment or the app), we should be able to use the app to change to a different album / artist / playlist / etc. 

I can't do that - can you? I just get either "Could not insert into play queue", or "added to play queue", and the existing music just carries on.

I haven't been using the app very much for music recently - but i'm pretty sure i could do those things not that long ago. I distinctly remember looking at play queues and moving things up and down. 

So yes, while the app may never have played perfectly nice with the Moment in some respects, as of now, i can do very little - no play queue, no ability to select different music.

Dont quite know how / why things have got worse?

Dont think i'm going crazy, but feel free to correct me.

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 232
Founder

mbolo01:

YannChris:

… empty black screen Crying

Kind regards,

Yann.

@Yann: Can you try with an internet browser with the following URL http://<Core IP address>/index.fcgi#

Hi, did the trick both on a PC and on an iPad.

The window title shows "setup of Beosound Core" but the screen is black :(

Thanks anyway.

Yann.

Living Room   BV Eclipse - BS Core - BL5 - BL8000 - LC2 x2 - Beo6 

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Bedroom    BV9 - BL6000 (Thks Botty) - Beotime - LC2 - Beo5

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Jun 7 2018 9:19 PM
YannChris:

Which seems to point the issue to the Core and not the app IMO

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Jun 7 2018 9:49 PM
Sandyb:

I can't do that - can you?

Yes I can drive the Moment properly with the app, I don’t have such messages.

What version of the Moment are you running? I used to have these insert failure messages with a former beta.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jun 7 2018 9:56 PM

I believe the latest public version
YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 232
Founder
YannChris replied on Thu, Jun 7 2018 10:04 PM

mbolo01:
YannChris:

Which seems to point the issue to the Core and not the app IMO

How can I reset the core to factory settings?

I pressed the reset button for a while with no result.

Lounge  Beolink Passive - Cabasse Clipper - Beo4      Kitchen  BL3500 - Beolink 1000

Garden Lounge   BC9000 - BG 6006 - BL4500 (Thks Botty) - Playmaker - Beolink 1000

Study    BS1 - ML/NL Converter - BL2500 - Beo4 - Form 2 (Tks Botty) - Beoplay P2

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jun 7 2018 11:05 PM
Mr Anderson, I see the app was updated last night

The iPad images are better now thanks when held vertically

However, when horizontal, the images become so narrow now, that there is even more empty space. See image below.

Can we possibly have the images a bit wider in horizontal view? It doesn't look right after the changes last night. I can't quite believe anyone thinks that looks quite right, if I may politely suggest

The A9 image has also disappeared

Are we far from being able to choose images? The BS4 image looks bad to me - I know there will be some BS4 owners who don't have a 12-65 attached, but I suspect many will. Surely it can't be too hard just to swap the current image for a 12-65 image in the meantime?

Thanks for all your help
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jun 7 2018 11:14 PM
Apologies, additional issue with the app.

The source list management / configuration is not working for my A9 and BS2

For both I have set the local content list in the configuration tool - despite unchecked things like Spotify, it is showing up in my sources. Plus new things like iPod dock?!

See below

Thanks

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Jun 8 2018 6:44 AM
Sandyb:

I believe the latest public version

Yes it’s the latest public version .... the only difference with my Moment setup is that yours is integrated if I’m not wrong.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Jun 8 2018 6:53 AM
Two comments on the latest update:

I understand a wish to be as black and white as possible but I’m missing the wood side of the Moment .... the screen side view looks like a 1960 device. The whole looks austere now

In the setup/help screen, the brand name is superfluous in the application section. We know that we are looking at Bang & Olufsen application an products:

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Jun 8 2018 9:06 AM
Yes mine is integrated with my lounge TV (BS4/BV 12-65)

Not sure that should make a difference, but who knows
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Jun 9 2018 11:11 AM
Thanks - I had a response from Thomas, who said that the app issues with the Moment are not new.

I'm very surprised by that - you seem to be able to control the Moment from the app, see a Playlist, change album's etc from the app, but I cannot. And I'm on the most up to date software everywhere.

I really do appreciate the work and communication from his team, but I'm getting really annoyed and frustrated by this.

I played with the equivalent app for the Naim Uniti music streamers a few days ago, and aesthetics aside, it did everything properly.
mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Jun 9 2018 11:50 AM
Sandyb:

I'm very surprised by that

I’m surprised too ..... and I would point the issue to the Moment. I suggest you reset the library, not the Moment itself, to start with. I did it the other day after a Twonky upgrade as it was lost and it did the job.

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Sat, Jun 9 2018 1:57 PM
mbolo01:

I understand a wish to be as black and white as possible but I’m missing the wood side of the Moment .... the screen side view looks like a 1960 device. The whole looks austere now

Agree! I mailed this through the beta feedback today:

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

Moment issues: We haven't changed anything in our Moment integration, that said we could have introduced a regression error. I will investigate this today.

@sandyb: The ipad will be changed to columns but we have to wait for our designers to play with it some more. There is too much wasted space on the ipad. Not sure what happened to the A9, is it a cloud with a line through? Regarding choice of image, for some but not for all, and it will focus on color. Regarding the source list, then the product unfortunately doesn't tell us which ones that you have unchecked. I have posted a bug a while back for them to fix it. 

@mbolo01: I agree the wood side image was better, I will discuss this with our designers

@YannChris: If you still are unable to reach your Core I will suggest you contact your B&O dealer and get it replaced. To try factory reset, you need to hold the reset pin for 5-10 sec

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Jun 11 2018 7:46 AM
Thanks Thomas

Yes something seems to have gone awry with the Moment integration, keep me posted if you need me to scenario test anything.

And on the A9, yes it's a cloud with a line through it.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Jun 11 2018 7:49 AM
On choice of images, you mention color choices only. Does that mean Core / BS4 users are stuck with the current image? Don't quite think that's right.

At least for the BS4, where the majority of owners have a 12-65 connected.

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

For the Core, BS4 and similar you will be able to select the product attached. That is, however, a little further out than color selection.

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 232
Founder
YannChris replied on Mon, Jun 11 2018 8:37 PM

Hello,

I had an answer from Beocare explaining that my problem is due to the new data protection regulation implemented in May.

It should be cleared by the end of June.

The work-around is the following:

- Turn the smartphone system to English,

- Proceed to the setup page,

- Accept the privacy statement,

- Then access to the setup page is opened.

I did the trick and it works.

I turned back my phone to french...

And the setup page is still OK.

If it may help someone!

Kind regards,

Yann.

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Larmor Plage - France
Posts 232
Founder
YannChris replied on Mon, Jun 11 2018 8:38 PM

Mr Andersen,

Please, do not forget the device connected to the NL/ML converter (BV9 in my case).

Kind regards,

Yann.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Jun 11 2018 8:59 PM

YannChris:
If it may help someone!

Thanks for sharing, It also worked for me and I could access the software update page content of my products. That said, when back to French, page content is empty again, but at least we have a trick! Merci ou trugarez

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

Moment update: we don't see any issues unless you have it integrated with a TV and have the TV selected. This scenario is not well supported since the TV doesn't give us the meta data updates that the speaker platform does. 

@Henrik: You problem with the Moment image, could you post a screen shot? I don't see any issues on phones or iPads

Personilization update: We have a really hard time reproducing this. If you can come up with a way to make it happen each time, it would be really helpful 

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Jun 13 2018 8:14 AM
MrAndersen:

@Henrik: You problem with the Moment image, could you post a screen shot? I don't see any issues on phones or iPads

Sorry Henrik, answering in your place:

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Jun 13 2018 8:33 AM

Thomas, just to be clear (i replied to your email yesterday), i don't have the TV selected to give me the problems i have described.

I am using my physical Moment to start some Music. Then when i open the app, the product page will show both the Moment and the BS4 as grey shaded and mutliroom linked.  I can't use the app then to do anything. Others, including yourself, dont seem to have this problem.

My Moment is not physically connected to the BS4 - it is hard wired into my network, and is setup to use the BS4 speakers on the Moment. That may be the only difference to the Moment / V1 setup you used to try and replicate.

And my scenario used to be fine with previous versions of the app.

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 226
Bronze Member

You guys are fast!

Thanks for elaboration, much appreciated

@Mobolo: what handset is it? iPad mini?

Br

Thomas

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Jun 13 2018 9:45 AM
MrAndersen:

@Mobolo: what handset is it? iPad mini?

Screenshot taken from an Apple iPhone 6

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jun 13 2018 5:11 PM
I agree with the posters that the app does not work well with the Moment.

It’s also confusing that I both can select my bv11 and Moment as sources.

If I choose bv11 the app works a bit better. If I use Moment the app is more or less useless (no visible playlist, no album art , not possible to change track.)

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Jun 13 2018 5:50 PM
Indeed, though Thomas and his team had no problems with the app tested with a Moment and V1.

So I don't quite understand. The app seems OK with a Moment and speakers, but not so when a Moment is integrated with a TV? Yet Thomas explained no issues with the Moment /V1 combination he has tested this week, so who knows where we are.

Hiort, I thought the app in a recent version was OK with the Moment / TV combination, and now has gone wrong. If it's always been problematic feel free to correct me.
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jun 13 2018 9:08 PM

Sandyb:

Hiort, I thought the app in a recent version was OK with the Moment / TV combination, and now has gone wrong. 

That is my view as well. Its gone bad.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Wed, Jun 13 2018 10:39 PM
mbolo01:

Sorry Henrik, answering in your place:

Yes - thumbs up

Yep, that was the one.

Or, to be a bit pedantic, both sides:

Screenshot with iPhone X.

-h.
Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Thu, Jun 14 2018 8:14 PM
MrAndersen:

That was quick! Thanks! Big Smile

-h.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Jun 14 2018 8:19 PM

Henrik:
That was quick! Thanks!

Indeed ... I'm still missing the wood side ....

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Jun 14 2018 8:25 PM

YannChris:
It should be cleared by the end of June.

The latest beta solves the empty update screen issue with IOS French and my BeoPlay devices

Edit: In fact the issue was solved by the A6 software update, not the App. my M5 and my Core still have the problem, I guess updates are coming to these devices too

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Jun 14 2018 9:04 PM
mbolo01:

BS Moment, BS Core, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

So do I Smile

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jun 14 2018 9:12 PM

Ha! You're both going to shoot me, but i wasn't a fan of the wood image.

Wasn't obvious to a third party what exactly the product actually was (custom name aside)  - i kind of don't mind the current image.

But i will also not be vexed if the team change it back.

I will however do a dance of joy if the Beosystem 4 image changes to the 12-65 BV - these are the small things that make me happy! I know, its a sad commentary of my life, but hey....

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Thu, Jun 14 2018 9:29 PM
mbolo01:

BS Moment, BS Core, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

I second that! But it seemed polite to show some appreciation for fixing the cropped image so quickly. Big Smile

-h.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@Thomas

Not much difference to see in my configuration with the 13699 of today.

Maybe I should use the opportunity for a couple of proposals to consider for the team.

1: was already mentioned a few times - would a Standby button for each product be possible ?

A: either on the Homescreen with each product - because for turning off one of more playing products/sessions the Standby button at the top won’t help.

B: or on the actual Now Playing screen (though I have no idea where in order to keep the current visual design).

2: when you open the Source List (tapping the three dots) of an audio product, you see the command ‘Touch to Join’.

This is not the case with the video products - but it could be helpfull there too. Maybe it is not possible there, but asking costs nothing ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 2 of 6 (217 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS