Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Bang & Olufsen 1.9 beta

rated by 0 users
This post has 216 Replies | 4 Followers

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Jul 6 2018 7:42 PM
If I play my Beovision 11 and have my eg M5 and A6 linked to that experience, and tap on the A6 or M5 tile on the home screen I only get to the BV11 product info screen.

It appears I have to first deselect the device from the multiroom experience before I can play something else on that device.

A bit cumbersome.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Jul 7 2018 7:52 AM
How to get less on a bigger device .....

When will the product model will no longer be displayed when a name has been assigned like in previous version?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Jul 7 2018 8:04 AM

I actually don't mind the new layout - the old layout with an odd number of devices looks a bit asymmetrical to me, but of course thats a personal preference. 

The new layout does give more space (one row) per product - as we have discussed, that space can be used to add a bit of product control functionality to each product row. I think from MrAnderson's responses recently, the team are likely to do that.

So, i do think the new layout offers some upsides - if they take advantage of them,

As for double names as you mention, i don't mind either that or the single names. Hopefully the option will be added to do either.

Nidi
Not Ranked
Posts 46
Bronze Member
Nidi replied on Sat, Jul 7 2018 10:18 PM

Adding the Timer option directly to the product page like it is for the Alarm would be nice.

Nidi
Not Ranked
Posts 46
Bronze Member
Nidi replied on Sat, Jul 7 2018 10:19 PM

Adding the Timer option directly to the product page like it is for the Alarm would be nice.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Jul 8 2018 5:20 AM

Point of attention:

Added yesterday a Core to NL; as all other products wired. Configured the Core through a webbrowser.

Followed the set-up in the app to add the Core, but despite the wired connecting I could not add the Core to the app. I had to unplug the LAN and go the WIFI way to add the Core to the app! 

Note: I like this lay-out more than the original one, especial on my phone. This way the grouped speakers are better visible, if for example two groups are active at the same time.

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member
jans replied on Sat, Jul 14 2018 7:40 AM

Today I noted something strange. I started to play music from the ‘Music’ tab. When I checked the ‘Now Playing’ tab, it looked completely wrong with most of the controls missing. I removed the app and reinstalled it, but that didn’t change a  

Switching to Tune-in brought back the screen as it is supposed to be. 

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Sat, Jul 14 2018 8:40 AM
The search for a new DLNA server stops the WIFI for several seconds on my iPhone.

I’m using the public release of the app, not the beta. Trying multiple times results in the same behaviour.

Today I put the app in background after this, and later, I tried again the search. This time (and ONLY this time), it works: the WIFI was not cut and a new server was found.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jul 14 2018 9:27 AM
Christophe

Using the beta just for retrieving meta data from a library of 20K tracks seemed to only required a 400KB transfer ...

All very quick Smile

Of course that’s not the same as searching across a range of IP addresses but at least it seems quick once you have an established connection

PS this was a freshly started PLEX server but with previous configuration ... so no caching involved

BeoNut since '75

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Sat, Jul 14 2018 9:40 AM
Hi Ed

I added details at the end of my previous message, sorry I didn't make it clear...

It’s not a problem with the server or its library, the iPhone loose the WIFI signal during the search (and sometimes does not find it again).
jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 394
Bronze Member

jans:

Today I noted something strange. I started to play music from the ‘Music’ tab. When I checked the ‘Now Playing’ tab, it looked completely wrong with most of the controls missing. I removed the app and reinstalled it, but that didn’t change a  

Switching to Tune-in brought back the screen as it is supposed to be. 

Screen shot added

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
Posts 223
Bronze Member
andy_js replied on Sun, Jul 15 2018 1:10 PM
Hiort:

If I play my Beovision 11 and have my eg M5 and A6 linked to that experience, and tap on the A6 or M5 tile on the home screen I only get to the BV11 product info screen.

Same thing is happening here with my Moment and the non-beta app. Also happens when initiating playback from the Moment’s “jukebox”.
andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
Posts 223
Bronze Member
andy_js replied on Sun, Jul 15 2018 1:12 PM
I should have mentioned that my BV 11 and Moment are in integrated setup.
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Jul 15 2018 9:58 PM
andy_js:

I should have mentioned that my BV 11 and Moment are in integrated setup.

I have the same setup

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Hi Thomas.

I’m not sure whether this beta is still active?

If it is, then I have a suggestion regarding how integrated setup (e.g. BV11/Core) is handled. It should be user selectable in the app whether the setup is displayed as one bundle (BV11) or two separate products instead.

My reason for this idea/request is that I’m still facing problems using the TuneIn Radio function from the integrated setup. Log files in the Core shows that this is due to empty playlist. When I cancel the integrated setup, I’m able to get the Core “back on track”. However, back in the integrated setup the problem reappears every now and then.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Dyssegaard:
Hi Thomas.

I’m not sure whether this beta is still active?

It is (honestly, I was wondering too).

Just received the invitation for version 2.3.0.17964 (iOS)

Notes are:

What to test

Support for Beoplay S3
Beam control for Beolab 50+90
Add product as a user without removing it from another account
Reboot, reset and send logs on wifi products
Volume and play/pause for BT products

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250