Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLiving news & support from Khimo!

This post has 635 Replies | 20 Followers

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Dec 9 2020 11:28 AM

Could we please see a BLGW driver for the Ikea Tradfri system? There seems to be more and more about the API on the web.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:

Could we please see a BLGW driver for the Ikea Tradfri system? There seems to be more and more about the API on the web.

Hi Beojeff,

Tradfri Lights can be integrated through the Philips Hue Hub. There is currently no official API for the Tradfri hub and for this reason we haven't developed direct integration yet. When/If Ikea release an API we will definately look into it :)

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Dec 9 2020 2:29 PM
Hello to all,

is there a way to control am epson projector via http? I suppose yes since there is an app to control it via phone/tablet. I tried the http custom driver but with no success. Any ideas on how to proceed?
alex_112
Not Ranked
Posts 38
Bronze Member

I use the following command to trigger a power on and run it two times to trigger power off (power off, are you sure?), this is cURL-formatted.

curl -vo- -u EPSONMOBILE: "http://__PROJECTOR_IP_ADDRESS__/cgi-bin/directsend?KEY=3B&_=1570092769531" -H "Accept: */*" -H "Referer: http://__IP_ADDRESS__/cgi-bin/webconf" -H "X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest"

BV14, BV10, BeoGram 3000, 4500, BS 9000, Moment, Core, Ouverture, Essence, Beo6, BROneBT, BeoTime, ML/NL, BLGW, BeoLab 2, 11, 18, CX100, BeoPlay A6, M3, E8/H3/H8 

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

Question:

If I have a BLI with a Harmony, and have a Google mini for assist.

Can I say "Hi Google corner" And then the TV turn on, turn to the corner, Dim the light. Lower the Curtains. And start Friends on Netflix from where I left off?

Also does the BLI work with IKEA curtains? 

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Dec 9 2020 4:46 PM

Khimo Support:

beojeff:

Hi Beojeff,

Tradfri Lights can be integrated through the Philips Hue Hub. There is currently no official API for the Tradfri hub and for this reason we haven't developed direct integration yet. When/If Ikea release an API we will definately look into it :)

The problem with integrating through the Hue hub is that updates can cause the Tradfri devices to unpair and it is very difficult to re-pair to the Hue hub because they must be in very close proximity for the pairing. Also, the physical trigger buttons cannot be used. We really, truly need a proper driver.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Dec 11 2020 8:55 AM

alex_112:

I use the following command to trigger a power on and run it two times to trigger power off (power off, are you sure?), this is cURL-formatted.

curl -vo- -u EPSONMOBILE: "http://__PROJECTOR_IP_ADDRESS__/cgi-bin/directsend?KEY=3B&_=1570092769531" -H "Accept: */*" -H "Referer: http://__IP_ADDRESS__/cgi-bin/webconf" -H "X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest"

Hello thanks for the reply can you elaborate a bit...

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Emil Jensen:

If I have a BLI with a Harmony, and have a Google mini for assist.

Can I say "Hi Google corner" And then the TV turn on, turn to the corner, Dim the light. Lower the Curtains. And start Friends on Netflix from where I left off?

Also does the BLI work with IKEA curtains? 

Hi Emil, that's a very nice automation idea! You can indeed implement it in the Pro BLI by configuring a Macro and excecuting it through Google Assistant. IKEA curtains are not supported.

Tassos:

alex_112:

Hello thanks for the reply can you elaborate a bit...

Hi Tassos, from that cURL example, the HTTP custom driver should be set to something like:

Base URL: http://__PROJECTOR_IP_ADDRESS__/cgi-bin
Headers: {"Accept": "*/*", "Referer": "http://__IP_ADDRESS__/cgi-bin/webconf","X-Requested-With": "XMLHttpRequest"}

Resource address: /directsend?KEY=3B&_=1570092769531;

I recommend that you define this last part of the URL in the endpoint of the resource address, as it looks like it might change when sending other commands to the projector.
Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

What Curtain do you recommend?

And BOTF made a solution with IKEA curtains on the BLGW, would that work on the BLI? or not something you would recommend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wniLx7DFZQA

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Audio
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member
Audio replied on Sun, Dec 13 2020 4:55 PM

Is it possible to integrate Netatmo security (cameras) and energy (thermostat) devices into Beoliving?
I use several Netatmo smart cameras and it would be great to access Netatmo devices via Beoliving app.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 11:57 AM
Got the updated app last night.

Turns out it only works in pro mode for Siri shortcut integration.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
Posts 174
Bronze Member
ebnrob replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 2:21 PM

Khimo Support:

We expect Siri Integration to be live at some point during december.

Hi Khimo thank you for this latest addition :) I can see the BLGW macros in the ios shortcuts app which is great.

I'd really really love to see the lock screen media controls feature next :)

Rob.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

Emil Jensen:

And BOTF made a solution with IKEA curtains on the BLGW, would that work on the BLI? or not something you would recommend

I have just ordered the BLI and looking forward to "play" with it.

But hope to get an answer on this.

As not much else can be done because of the lockdown, setting up automation sound like the thing to do :)

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Audio:

Is it possible to integrate Netatmo security (cameras) and energy (thermostat) devices into Beoliving?
I use several Netatmo smart cameras and it would be great to access Netatmo devices via Beoliving app.

Hi Audio, take your request into consideration and look into it.

Emil Jensen:

Emil Jensen:

I have just ordered the BLI and looking forward to "play" with it.

But hope to get an answer on this.

Hi Emil, welcome to the BeoLiving Family then! There are many options of systems that provide curtains and shades, that you can integrate with BLI, QMotion and Lutron are particularly straightforward and robust.
About BOTF's solution, it's quite a "hacky" solution, but it should indeed work fine on the BLI :)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Dec 18 2020 11:52 AM

Could you indicate if the LG driver is available for BLGW? I can see other BLI-only drivers (e.g. Shelly and eNet!) in the repository but no LG driver. 

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

1990:

Could you indicate if the LG driver is available for BLGW? I can see other BLI-only drivers (e.g. Shelly and eNet!) in the repository but no LG driver. 

Indeed the LG WebOS driver is only available for the BLI, not for the BLGW. You don't see it in the repository because it comes in the BLI firmware.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

I am now trying to set the BLI up,

Everything goes well, until it ask to update before I can go further.

When I press update, nothing more happens, am I not patient  enough, and do I need the app open?

What am I doing wrong? 

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Is it downloaded the update?

Have you input a manual dns? Someone once told me to add Google’s dns to it.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

Hallo Seanie,

I turn it off and on, and then it worked,

Always try that, apparently I have not seen enough IT Crowd :D

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 replied on Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:59 AM
Brilliant, always the first thing to try and the last thing we do :)

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
Posts 56
Bronze Member

Actually, there is undocumented functionality in MLGW (and maybe also in BLGW) through the CLI to tap into the full Masterlink bus.

Check this out:

I built an integration with Home Assistant, the leading open-sourche home automation, here:

https://github.com/giachello/mlgw

It has an added function that it can read the actual Masterlink Traffic so it has much more functionality than just light/control commands, in fact it can basically respond to any key command in the system on any device.

CTR
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 25
Bronze Member
CTR replied on Tue, Jan 5 2021 8:33 PM

Hi Khimo.

Can you help me with some “simple” LUA code? I just want to make a toggle on / toggle off macro for my M3.

I use LK-IHC to turn the radio On - but it would fantastic to turn i on with the same input.

Thank you

Christian

function(event, engine) 
  engine.fire("Stueplan/Køkken/AV renderer/Beoplay M3/Playqueue add TuneIn station?Name=Radio Soft 950&Play now=true&Station id=s77506")
  engine.delay(1,0)
  engine.fire("Stueplan/Køkken/AV renderer/Beoplay M3/Volume level?Level=15")
end 

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

Is this possible:

I walk into my bathroom, a sensor sees that someone is in the room, turn on the lights and start playing radio on the Beoplay M3

And if so, want movement sensor do you recommend that I can buy in Denmark.

And I have seen Philips Hue have one, can that be used?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

CTR:

Hi Khimo.

Can you help me with some “simple” LUA code? I just want to make a toggle on / toggle off macro for my M3.

I use LK-IHC to turn the radio On - but it would fantastic to turn i on with the same input.

Thank you

Christian

Hi CTR, Have you had a look at our Lua Documentation? I think the "All follow me!" is a similar (albeit more complex) example of what you want to do.

For your specific case, after turning on your M3 with a source, your lua macro could look something like this:

-- query the M3's station
local m3 = engine.query("Stueplan/Køkken/AV renderer/Beoplay M3")
-- save the M3's source ID local SEL_SOURCE = m3[1].get_string("sourceUniqueId")
-- get all the info from the speakers in your installation
local speakers = engine.query("Stueplan/*/AV renderer/*") -- Iterate through them setting the M3 source for i, s in ipairs(speakers) do engine.fire(s.area() .. "/" .. s.zone() .. "/AV renderer/" .. s.name() .. "/Select source by id?sourceUniqueId=" .. SEL_SOURCE) end
Hope this gives you the idea!

Emil Jensen:

Is this possible:

I walk into my bathroom, a sensor sees that someone is in the room, turn on the lights and start playing radio on the Beoplay M3

Emil, indeed the this setup would be possible, sounds nice! I believe your best options for motion sensors would be going for LK, Lutron or KNX. With these you will be able to configure their sensors as triggers to the BLI's scenes.
benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Thu, Jan 7 2021 10:24 AM

Probably been said a few times, but could I put in a vote for Miele@home integration for BLI https://www.miele.com/developer/index.html

And also for tado please? https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/tado/

Thanks Yes - thumbs up

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Thu, Jan 7 2021 10:57 AM

Emil Jensen:

Is this possible:

hello emil. easier, and cheaper if you don't have a knx system yet, you can do this via phillips hue. the hue motion sensor detects movement and switches a hue lamp on to 100% via the hue app. this hue lamp (STATE_UPDATE? LEVEL = 100) can be used in the blgw as a trigger for a macro. (Send command? Command = JOIN & Continue type = short_press) Disadvantages: small time delay and if you don't need a hue lamp you can also use a hue led stripe without a stripe.

beoandy

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

beoandy:

Emil Jensen:

Is this possible:

hello emil. easier, and cheaper if you don't have a knx system yet, you can do this via phillips hue. the hue motion sensor detects movement and switches a hue lamp on to 100% via the hue app. this hue lamp (STATE_UPDATE? LEVEL = 100) can be used in the blgw as a trigger for a macro. (Send command? Command = JOIN & Continue type = short_press) Disadvantages: small time delay and if you don't need a hue lamp you can also use a hue led stripe without a stripe.

beoandy

Thank you Beoandy,

Yes I would use a Hue Lamp anyways, and the sensor is much cheaper, I will try :) 

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

benjnz:

Probably been said a few times, but could I put in a vote for Miele@home integration for BLI https://www.miele.com/developer/index.html

And also for tado please? https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/tado/

Thanks Yes - thumbs up

Hi Beninz, we will have a look and add them to our list of requested integrations!

beoandy:

easier, and cheaper if you don't have a knx system yet, you can do this via phillips hue. the hue motion sensor detects movement and switches a hue lamp on to 100% via the hue app. this hue lamp (STATE_UPDATE? LEVEL = 100) can be used in the blgw as a trigger for a macro. (Send command? Command = JOIN & Continue type = short_press) Disadvantages: small time delay and if you don't need a hue lamp you can also use a hue led stripe without a stripe.

Great tip BeoAndy!

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:13 PM

Emil Jensen:

Is this possible:

Hello Emil,

what I have done is to start an M5 when I turn the lights on. If any A/V rendere is playing any source then the M5 joins, otherwise it starts on spotify I

decided to go for the lights state as an event cause the sensor to be reliable it has to cover all the area and I should move "constantly" (my bathroom is a bit big).

For controlling the lights I use fibaro.

Below you can find the luaWink

function(event, engine) 

-- Define the resource address in your project:

local music_player_address = "Main/*/AV renderer/*"

local bathroom_address = "Main/Bathroom/AV renderer/Beoplay M5 Bathroom"

-- Get music player state

local music_player = engine.query(music_player_address)[1]

if music_player.get("sourceUniqueId") ~= "" then

engine.fire(bathroom_address .. "/Send command?Command=JOIN&Continue type=short_press")

else 

engine.fire("Main/Bathroom/AV renderer/Beoplay M5 Bathroom/Select source?Connector=&Origin=local&Source Type=SPOTIFY")

end

end 

I hope that I have no errors, at least for me it works as intended.

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Wed, Jan 13 2021 1:40 PM

Yet another couple of crazy question that I'm struggling to find an answer for which maybe just wish list items Wink

In Resources - on Philips Hue for the sensors and smart buttons there's no obvious listing for them when I "Load resources form the connected system" I can't notice anything in the list from the Hue Hub that maybe them, if not would support for those please go in the wish list?

In Macros - would it be possible in Events (to get on the wish list please) that the System and Clock option would give you a choice of a time slice of the day say from X HH:mm to Y HH:mm? The event would only be registered and therefore the commands only trigger during that period if the event was fulfilled?

kmortenesi
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member
kmortenesi replied on Thu, Jan 14 2021 10:50 PM

For your last question, you can accomplish this by using the Modes. I e.g. have a Day and a Night Mode (which is set based the clock). You can then configure the macros to only fire in certain Modes. For example: when I press the Netflix button on my remote, I want the lights to dim to movie mode, but only at night. If I watch Netflix during the day, lights remain off. Very simple setup, but it works great

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Fri, Jan 15 2021 4:46 PM

Oh OK, so by just using something like the following:

function(event, engine) 
  time = engine.query("*/ */SYSTEM/Clock/") 
  if time[1].get_number("hour") > 16 or time[1].get_number("hour") < 23 then
    engine.fire (what I want etc)
else  
    engine.fire (the other stuff which would work from 23 to 16)
end
end

Playlink
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Playlink replied on Sun, Jan 17 2021 5:16 PM

Nest Thermosat API is not supported any more...:(( Is there a backdoor for the BLGW and the intelligence? Only all-ready supported dives wil work. Bud not new connected systems.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

I need some help to some basic stuff, but can't seem to find anything about it.

I have just upgraded to Pro, but.

How do I get to my screen on Webbrowser?

And how do I make a Login?

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

Okay I feel like this is not going great when I can't even figure out to access the webpanel, and I feel like the guide is on the webpage is limit.

It is saying:

Set up the BeoLiving Intelligence PRO

The setup interface is the most important tool for the configuration/programming of your BLI PRO. The following sections will guide you through the entire web interface configuration tool. The BLI PRO has a special user -admin- meant for installer/technician usage. By default, admin's password is unknown due to security purposes. To make use of the Setup interface, password for admin user must be reset by activating the Setup button function number 2 (See button functions). After a successfull button function input, admin password will be "admin" for the next 5 minutes (also for security purposes) and as soon as you log in you will be asked to change it.

So I come to the login in screen.

What is my username?

And the code is admin right? when I have press the button on the BLI?

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
Posts 174
Bronze Member
ebnrob replied on Sat, Jan 23 2021 10:08 PM

Khimo Support:

ebnrob:

I'm wondering, is it possible for the app to remember what source is playing on a masterlink device?

As we cannot access the state of the MasterLink product, we prefer to let the user define what the product is playing, than showing old information that might not be correct and cause confusion.

Hi Khimo,

I just fired up the original beolink app on my iPhone and this remembers the last playing source for a zone even if the app is quit.

It’s a really painful experience using the new app with ML zones since as soon as the app is resumed from the screen going off or standby the zone resets as if nothing is playing, presenting the select source button. This becomes especially frustrating if the ML speaker has Joined an NL source via the converter as the source then has to change in order to get control of the zone again.

Please please please could you consider updating the app to remember the last playing source for an ML zone? 

For me and I’m sure for others the old information on screen for an ml zone is much better than having to start again, and in any case the select source button is there in the same place, so shouldn’t cause any usability issues. The beo4 remote remains on the last selected source and doesn’t cause confusion in our household so I think the app behaving in the same way for ML would be fine. Perhaps an expiry on the selected source would help so it remembers the source for 6 hours from selecting (like a website cookie expiry works) before reverting to the select source screen.

many thanks,

Rob.

Stefan E
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 101
Gold Member
Stefan E replied on Sun, Jan 24 2021 4:12 PM
I also stand behind this and this functionality that exist in the 1st version of BeoLink app, this is the single reason that keep me use this version instead of Beolink2 and BeoLiving app.

Stefan

BS3 DVB-HD, BV7-40 MKIII, BC6-26, BC6-23, BV4-50/BS2, BS5, BS9000, BL3500, MLGW, BLGW, PlayMaker, - BS6500, BS4500, LX6000, VX7000, MX5500, VX5000 - Beo6, Beo5, BeoTimex2, Linctonic

CTR
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 25
Bronze Member
CTR replied on Fri, Jan 29 2021 8:28 AM

Hi Khimo. 

Which thermostats can provide temperature input to the BLI app?

I have LK IHC which normally works perfectly with BLI.

But which ones can you recommend?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10162629133363125&set=p.10162629133363125&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10162626687513125&set=gm.1911554535661292

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Mon, Feb 1 2021 2:58 PM

I see google have kind of dusted off an API that can work with nest again - SDM API - and that Home Assistant is also looking into it, are there any plans for Khimo to do the same?

Thanks, Ben.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hello there

I had a nest in my old house when i had BLGW but when I moved the nest stayed.

I am really interested in getting another internet enables thermostat in my new house to be able to control the heating more advanced that I have today.

I would like it to work with BLI also so interested in the question from CTR if you are planing to incorporate nest again even if its in the pro mode.

If not what term’s work in the UK with BLI that are also apple enabled and accessible online?

Thank you

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Page 10 of 16 (636 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS