Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLiving news & support from Khimo!

This post has 635 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Feb 9 2021 12:09 PM

benjnz:

1 function(event, engine)
2 time = engine.query("*/ */SYSTEM/Clock/")
if time[1].get_number("hour") > 16 or time[1].get_number("hour") < 23 then

I can't get this one to work. On the monitor I get this fault code:

BLGW:

21-02-09 13:05:24  Error:  Begane Grond/Living/MACRO/New Macro on Living execution error: Line 3: attempt to call field 'get_number' (a nil value)

I've tried various ways "*/ */SYSTEM/Clock/", "global/global/SYSTEM/Clock/", "/SYSTEM/Clock/". What am I doing wrong?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Feb 9 2021 12:13 PM

And I add another question too. I want to use LUA to adjust the start up volume throughout the day. At the moment, if my KNX lights in the bathroom switch on via the motion sensor, the volume of the output is always 35. I want to use the timing code above to have a low volume at night and higher volume throughout the day.

But I cannot figure out how to make a command that enables the speaker to start at a certain volume. I can only get to this, resulting in my standard volume of 35 instead of 15. How can I get this to work?

21-02-09 13:01:43  Command executed Begane Grond/Living/AV renderer/BeoSound 2/Volume level?Level=15
21-02-09 13:01:43  Command selector executed Begane Grond/Living/AV renderer/BeoSound 2/Select channel?Channel=1&Connector=&Source Type=TUNEIN
DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member

Hello Khimo Team,

any news here? There was just a new firmware released for the BeoRemote Halo - unfortunately without BLI support.

Please give us some hope ;-)

Best reagards

Doc Leisure

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member

Khimo Support:

Seanie_230:
Will the BLI work with the new Beoremote-Halo in some way?

We can not comment! But...

Hello Khimo Team,

any news here? There was just a new firmware released for the BeoRemote Halo - unfortunately without BLI support.

Please give us some hope ;-)

Best reagards

Doc Leisure

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi Everyone,

We seem to have accumulated many questions over the last month! I'll do my best to give you some answers :)

benjnz:

In Resources - on Philips Hue for the sensors and smart buttons there's no obvious listing for them when I "Load resources form the connected system" I can't notice anything in the list from the Hue Hub that maybe them, if not would support for those please go in the wish list?

The Hue API doesn't allow real-time feedback, so capturing the buttons' events would be slow, but we will add it to the Wish List!

Stefan E:

I also stand behind this and this functionality that exist in the 1st version of BeoLink app, this is the single reason that keep me use this version instead of Beolink2 and BeoLiving app.

We could make it so the MasterLink driver saves the last selected source. This would mean that if you change things from the product itself or in any other way without going trough the BLI, the app would still show the source you selected through it, and this might be a bit confusing...
What we propose is that if you think you prefer this solution to the current state of affairs, and if you're willing to test it, you can share your BLI serial number with us at support+mlstate@khimo.com and we will enable a test version for you.

CTR:

Which thermostats can provide temperature input to the BLI app?

Sensibo, free@home, coolmaster and KNX all offer thermostats that can be integrated with the BLI.

benjnz:

I see google have kind of dusted off an API that can work with nest again - SDM API - and that Home Assistant is also looking into it, are there any plans for Khimo to do the same?

We are looking into it but cant promise anything yet.

1990:

I've tried various ways "*/ */SYSTEM/Clock/", "global/global/SYSTEM/Clock/", "/SYSTEM/Clock/". What am I doing wrong?

The correct one is "*/*/SYSTEM/Clock/", the error you are getting is because you have a space before the asterisk!

1990:

But I cannot figure out how to make a command that enables the speaker to start at a certain volume. I can only get to this, resulting in my standard volume of 35 instead of 15. How can I get this to work?

You should first turn the equipment ON by selecting the source, and then set the volume. Something like:
  engine.fire("Main/Gym/AV renderer/BeoSound 2/Volume level?Level=15")
  engine.fire("Main/Gym/AV renderer/BeoSound 2/Select channel?Channel=1&Connector=&Source Type=TUNEIN")

DocLeisure:

There was just a new firmware released for the BeoRemote Halo - unfortunately without BLI support.

We can still not comment, sorry (:

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Feb 10 2021 8:38 AM

Khimo Support:

1990:

The correct one is "*/*/SYSTEM/Clock/", the error you are getting is because you have a space before the asterisk!

I've changed it, but now the BLGW returns:

21-02-10 09:35:16  Error:  Begane Grond/Living/MACRO/New Macro on Living execution error: Line 3: attempt to call field 'get_number' (a nil value)

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

Emil Jensen:

Okay I feel like this is not going great when I can't even figure out to access the webpanel, and I feel like the guide is on the webpage is limit.

It is saying:

Set up the BeoLiving Intelligence PRO

The setup interface is the most important tool for the configuration/programming of your BLI PRO. The following sections will guide you through the entire web interface configuration tool. The BLI PRO has a special user -admin- meant for installer/technician usage. By default, admin's password is unknown due to security purposes. To make use of the Setup interface, password for admin user must be reset by activating the Setup button function number 2 . After a successfull button function input, admin password will be "admin" for the next 5 minutes (also for security purposes) and as soon as you log in you will be asked to change it.

So I come to the login in screen.

What is my username?

And the code is admin right? when I have press the button on the BLI?

So I have not done anything since I posted this,

Can anyone tell me what the username and password is?

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Feb 10 2021 9:10 AM

When you are on the login screen, you fill in:

username: admin

password: admin

Press enter *after* you pushed the setup button on the BLI. Then you have 5 minutes to enter with those "standard" credentials. If you are logged in, you can setup a new password.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Sorry Emil, I missed your message, thanks 1990 for answering. Remember you can always contact us directly at support@khimo.com

1990:

I've changed it, but now the BLGW returns:

21-02-10 09:35:16  Error:  Begane Grond/Living/MACRO/New Macro on Living execution error: Line 3: attempt to call field 'get_number' (a nil value)

I didn't register you're on a Gateway! The "get_number" function is for the BLI, on the Gateway you should use the "get" function.

eg: tonumber(time[1].get("hour")) < 23

Watch out with the code you wrote: if time[1].get_number("hour") > 16 or time[1].get_number("hour") < 23 then

that will execute at any time because you will always be over 16 OR under 23 (eg: 40 is over 16, and 3 is under 23). I believe you want

if tonumber(time[1].get("hour")) > 16 and tonumber(time[1].get("hour")) < 23 then

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Feb 10 2021 3:18 PM

Thanks a lot, it works like a charm now :)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Feb 12 2021 6:19 PM

New macro, new problem ;)

I've put together this macro:

BLGW:

function(event, engine)

local Lamp = ("Begane Grond/Hal/DIMMER/Trapgat")

engine.fire("Begane Grond/Hal/MACRO/Traplamp aan avond/CANCEL") engine.delay(0,300)

engine.fire("Begane Grond/Hal/DIMMER/Trapgat/SET?LEVEL=60")  engine.delay(1800,0)

engine.fire("Begane Grond/Hal/DIMMER/Trapgat/SET?LEVEL=55")  engine.delay(1800,0)

engine.fire("Begane Grond/Hal/DIMMER/Trapgat/SET?LEVEL=50")  engine.delay(1800,0)

engine.fire("Begane Grond/Hal/DIMMER/Trapgat/SET?LEVEL=45")  engine.delay(1800,0)

engine.fire("Begane Grond/Hal/DIMMER/Trapgat/SET?LEVEL=40")  engine.delay(900,0)

engine.fire("Begane Grond/Hal/DIMMER/Trapgat/SET?LEVEL=35")  engine.delay(900,0)

engine.fire("Begane Grond/Hal/DIMMER/Trapgat/SET?LEVEL=30")  engine.delay(900,0)

engine.fire("Begane Grond/Hal/DIMMER/Trapgat/SET?LEVEL=25")  engine.delay(900,0)

engine.fire("Begane Grond/Hal/DIMMER/Trapgat/SET?LEVEL=20")  engine.delay(3600,0)

engine.fire("Begane Grond/Hal/DIMMER/Trapgat/SET?LEVEL=5")

end 

Now if it runs, each command is fired each minute. It's very strange, I don't see this behaviour on other macro's. The Dimmer is an KNX-dimmer from MDT. What is happening and how to solve it?

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

Hallo 1990,

Thank you for your help, it was the "2" reset funktion of the box I did not get.

So after it blink 2 times, it worked.

So now for more questions.

How do I make one of my buttons to turn on/off the Philips Hue in the living room?

And I have made a button that turn Beoplay M3 to a radio channel.

How do I regulate the volume it starts in, and what program to start.

I can see there is a V and a P to regulate but is seems to have no effect.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sat, Feb 13 2021 11:17 AM

Hi Emil,

Do you have the BLI Essential or Pro?

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

I have upgraded to Pro

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Mon, Apr 26 2021 4:01 PM

I have a small idea on usability of BeoLiving App.

1. I have the list of favourites for my Radio,TV and NetRadio sources. When I want to choose the station, I am chosing the source, then go to favourites and then choose the needed station. Then... interface sends me back to initial state. Often I do not like the first chosen station and I would like to see what else happens on other favourites stations. Then I need to go through three steps again.

Proposal: Can it be done that one stays on the Favourites page and able to try other stations until one's happy?

2. Well, I have finally chosen the station and now just enjoying the music, but suddenly need to go somewhere. I take my phone, login to app and then I need to open the room and source to be able to shut it down...

Could you please consider placing the "standby" button on the first screen?

Let's take the example of Beo4, 5, 6, Essense Remote (I do not have BeoRemote one, so I do not know) and BeoComs (!). Those are always ready to change the volume of the Media systems and have the possibility to switch everything off. (not BeoCom, though). That was very intuitive. 

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

1:BV7+BL7.1+BS4+BL6000+BV6+BL2000+MLGW+Beo4

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+... BeoMaster900

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Apr 26 2021 4:41 PM

Aleksei:
2. Well, I have finally chosen the station and now just enjoying the music, but suddenly need to go somewhere. I take my phone, login to app and then I need to open the room and source to be able to shut it down...
Actually you can shut down on the starting screen. Just tap the device icon in a room
Aleksei:
Let's take the example of Beo4, 5, 6, Essense Remote (I do not have BeoRemote one, so I do not know) and BeoComs (!). Those are always ready to change the volume of the Media systems and have the possibility to switch everything off. (not BeoCom, though). That was very intuitive. 
the same.......see below

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Mon, Apr 26 2021 6:55 PM

oh, I have found it just today. Thank you! :))

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

1:BV7+BL7.1+BS4+BL6000+BV6+BL2000+MLGW+Beo4

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+... BeoMaster900

ebnrob
Top 500 Contributor
UK
Posts 174
Bronze Member
ebnrob replied on Tue, Apr 27 2021 12:46 PM

Carolpa:

Actually you can shut down on the starting screen. Just tap the device icon in a room

Wow thanks, I didn't know about that function either!

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Tue, Apr 27 2021 2:27 PM

ebnrob:
Carolpa:

Wow thanks, I didn't know about that function either!
FYI

you can also quick access the other available functions (lights, controlls, thermostat etc). Just tap the icon

Miki Sesevic
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Gold Member

Hi!

I have a minor proposal for the Beoliving app.

For all rooms in my home I have created several scenes. Mainly for steering lights, starting products at a certain time etc. Over time the list of scenes grows and I would very much like to be able to rearrange them. 

A scene that I create now might be a scene that I would like to have on the top of the list but it will position itself at the bottom since it is the last one created. 

In the B&O app, it is very easy to rearrange the list of products simply by dragging the product to the desired position. I wish it would be possible to do in the same way in the Beoliving app.

Could you please take this proposal in consideration for future updates?

Thank you,

Miki 

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi Aleksei, glad to see that Carolpa could guide you towards the shortcuts in the start screen! Regarding your first issue

Aleksei:

Proposal: Can it be done that one stays on the Favourites page and able to try other stations until one's happy?

we will take your proposal into account, you have a good point there. For the moment we can advise you that when on a radio source, you can use the next and back arrows to move through your favorite radio stations list.

Miki Sesevic:

Hi!

I have a minor proposal for the Beoliving app.

For all rooms in my home I have created several scenes. Mainly for steering lights, starting products at a certain time etc. Over time the list of scenes grows and I would very much like to be able to rearrange them. 

A scene that I create now might be a scene that I would like to have on the top of the list but it will position itself at the bottom since it is the last one created. 

In the B&O app, it is very easy to rearrange the list of products simply by dragging the product to the desired position. I wish it would be possible to do in the same way in the Beoliving app.

Could you please take this proposal in consideration for future updates?

Thank you,

Miki 

Hi Miki,

It is actually quite possible to do what you wish in the BLI, see the Zone Setup page of our documentation. You can reorder what appears in the interfaces and the zones themselves. You might have to wait a minute (or close and reopen the app) after you change things in the web Setup page to see the changes applied in the app.

Miki Sesevic
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Gold Member

Thank you for your answer! However, I am using BLI in essential mode and can’t reorder the way you explained unfortunately. My proposal/wish is that it would be possible to reorder the scenes directly in the Beoliving app.

Regards,

Miki

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Tue, May 25 2021 8:22 AM

Hello guys @ Khimo

I've just got in my hands a Baoliving Intelligence and I was wondering if a list of supported device exists.

My plan is to move away from HomeKit to land on BLI which I assume integrates better with my B&O sound system.

I have a long list of devices other than HUE lighting system:

Nuki smartlock and Sonoff dimmers, Tado AC and Heating controllers, and perhaps other devices and I'd like to understand what I will have to replace and in favour of what else.

I could consider to switch to PRO mode, if it's required to make it work.

My best,

GLOP

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
I second the request for Tado firstly as the ability to add a thermostat to the whole house and then the potential to add room stats TRV to each room to call for heat.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Tue, May 25 2021 8:47 AM

Hi!

means Tado is supported in noway?

Is there a way to pass through HomeAssistant or other kind of HUB/Gateway?

GLOP

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Tue, May 25 2021 8:47 AM

Hi!

GLOP

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

GLOP:

Hi!

GLOP

Hello

I dont know about pass through I only know that if you search the forum the topic has come up a few times.

I wonder how much it woudl be for development of the driver as there is a few of us we could group pay for the development to add the driver and get it added.

woudl need to work like Philips hue and you can add resourses to your setup for example I might want to just add the one thermostate to all rooms to control my house as a whole or if you have room stats / TRV perhaps you want that in the room instead.

Woudl be ideal as a driver in Eco mode but more than likely need to be in pro mode

@Khimo Team, How much ££ to develop the TADO driver into the Bli to work as above?

cheers

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

I send an Email to the Khimo team to find out dev costs to create the TADO driver.

Will be interesting to find out the cost and if anyone would like to jointly pay for it with me to get it built.

I ordered a TADO Wireless Thermostat yesterday and the extension bridge to install this weekend.

cheers

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Tue, May 25 2021 10:02 AM

Please keep me posted. I'd be interested.

GLOP

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, May 25 2021 10:38 AM

GLOP:

Nuki smartlock and Sonoff dimmers, Tado AC and Heating controllers, and perhaps other devices and I'd like to understand what I will have to replace and in favour of what else.

Count me in for the Nuki smartlocks Big Smile

ethuijs
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member
ethuijs replied on Sat, May 29 2021 9:17 AM

Is the Beolink2 App or Beoliving App working oke also with a ML gateway type 1701?

I have a Beomaster 5 and BV 7-40 and Essence MK1

I can buy a MLGW but no sence if there is no app working anymore.

Regards, Edwin

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Mon, May 31 2021 8:13 PM

Hi Khimo-team,

I use since several years a BLGW with pleasure.

Now I want to add/activate some IFTTT applets. I've added my own key in the system menu. Now I need information what I have to fill in the resources-menu. What di I have to fill in the name-field and the address-field. To execute a macro is no problem for me.

Can you give me (or us) a tutorial how to execute IFTTT-applets with IFTTT-Webhooks? Thank in advance.

For those with shades: I use a Luxaflex (Hunter Douglas) system with Gen 2 Hub and the HTTP://_Custom-driver for scenes of the shades. It uses the Powerview API. Works perfect!

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Tue, Jun 1 2021 1:54 PM

Seanie_230:

I send an Email to the Khimo team to find out dev costs to create the TADO driver.

Will be interesting to find out the cost and if anyone would like to jointly pay for it with me to get it built.

I ordered a TADO Wireless Thermostat yesterday and the extension bridge to install this weekend.

cheers

Sean

Hi!

did they ever answer?

GLOP

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hello there

They did indeed

They are chatting to Tado about a driver and will come back to us.

I will also help testing if needed.

I am sure they will respond soon :)

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi there! So good to see all the activity in the Home Automation forums Big Smile

ethuijs:

Is the Beolink2 App or Beoliving App working oke also with a ML gateway type 1701?

I have a Beomaster 5 and BV 7-40 and Essence MK1

I can buy a MLGW but no sence if there is no app working anymore.

ethuijs: The MLGW can be controlled from the BeoLink and BeoLink2 apps, though I must say that the capabilities are very limited when comparing with newer systems. The BLGW integrates with the equipment you mention, you might be better off with that.

On the other front (GLOP, Seanie, Tassos and everyone else), we have been paying attention to your posts and looking into the two latest requests for integration with new systems. We are still waiting to hear back from the tado developers (we'll keep you posted), and we are looking into the Nuki API, there will be news on these fronts soon!!!

Keep safe,

Ivan from the Khimo team.

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Wed, Jun 2 2021 11:33 PM

Hi Khimo-team,

Since several years I have a BLGW and use it in my house with satisfaction. In the past time I've added a lot of functionalities. The last one was a Custom HTTP://-command to operate my Luxaflex/Hunter Douglas shades. Works perfectly.

Now I want to add another functionality: IFTTT-Webhooks.

I've added in the system-menu my Key for IFTTT-Webhooks in the connection settings. I've a question about the setup in the Resource-setting. What do I have to fill-in in the Name- and Address-field to fire an applet?

Can you give me a tutorial? Thanks in Advance.

With this functionality I can fire my own macros.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi Everyone!

As we mentioned before, we are really excited to see all the activity across the forum and your recent posts on this thread gave us the idea to enable the community to band together and help us fuel the development of the drivers you may need. We are now testing this concept with a crowdfunding campaign to fund the Nuki driver: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/integration-nuki-for-the-beoliving-intelligence

We think this could be a real opportunity, as it would help us cover the costs of importing the hardware and with the systems physically in our lab, we will be able to develop the best driver possible. We hope you view it the same way and await your always great feedback Big Smile

P.S. We are still waiting for a response from the tado team to see if they have a stable communication protocol they won't make obsolete a month after we develop the driver. Feel free to propose new systems you think could be supported by the whole community!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Jun 3 2021 3:47 PM

Cool! The driver will be BLI-only?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member
Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

1990:

Cool! The driver will be BLI-only?

Sorry, I misread!!! No, it will also be available for the BLGW! Smile

Page 11 of 16 (636 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS