Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLiving news & support from Khimo!

This post has 635 Replies | 20 Followers

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Khimo Support:

Hi Everyone!

As we mentioned before, we are really excited to see all the activity across the forum and your recent posts on this thread gave us the idea to enable the community to band together and help us fuel the development of the drivers you may need. We are now testing this concept with a crowdfunding campaign to fund the Nuki driver: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/integration-nuki-for-the-beoliving-intelligence

We think this could be a real opportunity, as it would help us cover the costs of importing the hardware and with the systems physically in our lab, we will be able to develop the best driver possible. We hope you view it the same way and await your always great feedback

P.S. We are still waiting for a response from the tado team to see if they have a stable communication protocol they won't make obsolete a month after we develop the driver. Feel free to propose new systems you think could be supported by the whole community!

Hello there

This is a really great idea actually in my opinion .

If we can share the cost for driver development and you guys can purchase the hardware we all win.

I am really interested in Tado

Like Philips hue if you can choose a resource to add to a room from devices on the bridge then it can work anyway,

For example if you only have the one main smart thermostat it could be connected to all rooms but someone might want to add a trv to each room with a master thermostat for for the entire zone.

I would happily pay into the crowd fund for Tado once you know if they have a API or comms method that will last.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
That Nuki smart lock looks great.

Does it work with any door type? Tempted to buy one.

I will contribute to the driver anyhow just because I think new drivers sell more products and we all win in the long run

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

ethuijs
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member
ethuijs replied on Thu, Jun 3 2021 6:49 PM

Khimo Support:

ethuijs:

Is the Beolink2 App or Beoliving App working oke also with a ML gateway type 1701?

I have a Beomaster 5 and BV 7-40 and Essence MK1

I can buy a MLGW but no sence if there is no app working anymore.

ethuijs: The MLGW can be controlled from the BeoLink and BeoLink2 apps, though I must say that the capabilities are very limited when comparing with newer systems. The BLGW integrates with the equipment you mention, you might be better off with that.

Dear Ivan, what is the difference between a ML GW and BLGW? And if I buy the ML GW now and later if I have newer equipment and buy a BLI will the BLI have access to my older systems through the ML GW or will I also need a BLI with BL GW for this?

Kind regards, Edwin

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Jun 3 2021 8:55 PM
Seanie_230:

I will contribute to the driver anyhow just because I think new drivers sell more products and we all win in the long run Eclipse 65 V1-32 Beosound M5 Essence MK2 BLI

You will be amazed how easy it is to install and setup! If I recall correctly you have a doorbird as well….you can integrate doorbird with nuki. But even if you use it on its own it is a very clever door lock.
Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Tassos:

You will be amazed how easy it is to install and setup! If I recall correctly you have a doorbird as well….you can integrate doorbird with nuki. But even if you use it on its own it is a very clever door lock.

Hello yeah I have doorbird also.

Which is not currently interconnected with BLI but needs pro mode, I must do that at some point.

This lock looks great using the original key, says it’s not compatible with my door lock as it needs to be lifted (Handel) before locking but I think if I just lift it then it would work.

Perfect for a rental house.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:

I will contribute to the driver anyhow just because I think new drivers sell more products and we all win in the long run

:smiling_face_with_3_hearts:

ethuijs:

Dear Ivan, what is the difference between a ML GW and BLGW? And if I buy the ML GW now and later if I have newer equipment and buy a BLI will the BLI have access to my older systems through the ML GW or will I also need a BLI with BL GW for this?

Kind regards, Edwin

ethuijs: The BLGW offers a great deal of integration and automation possibilities in comparison to the MLGW, you can find guides to both systems here: https://beointegration.com/help-files/

If you are thinking to move to the BLI later, they can both (BLGW & MLGW) be used as interface for the BLI to control the legacy products.

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Tue, Jun 8 2021 8:25 AM

I happily contributed to the Nuki driver campaign. So I hope we will have it soon...

I use Tado as well for my heating system as for the AC units control I feel it's as great as Nuki... I will happily bake the campaign for it as soon as you decide, but as far as I know the API protocol is stable and has been improved over the years.

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Tue, Jun 8 2021 8:31 AM

I'm based in Italy and I obviously run an Italian Amazon account.

So I've been struggling to install the Beoliving Intelligence by Khimo Skill untill I understood it was available in US only...

I made to install it and it was very painful (swich country, than install, than go back to your country), so I gave up eventually.

Question for @Khimo Team: why don't you publish the skill in Italy even thou it's in English only? (Alexa now accepts commands in english worldwide even if the main setting is on something elese).

hope you will take the task.

GLOP

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Tue, Jun 8 2021 8:31 AM

I'm based in Italy and I obviously run an Italian Amazon account.

So I've been struggling to install the Beoliving Intelligence by Khimo Skill untill I understood it was available in US only...

I made to install it and it was very painful (swich country, than install, than go back to your country), so I gave up eventually.

Question for @Khimo Team: why don't you publish the skill in Italy even thou it's in English only? (Alexa now accepts commands in english worldwide even if the main setting is on something elese).

hope you will take the task.

GLOP

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, Jun 8 2021 9:55 AM

GLOP:

I happily contributed to the Nuki driver campaign. So I hope we will have it soon...

Me tooBig Smile

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

So exciting to see your interest in the Nuki driver! Hopefully, we'll get to the goal Smile

GLOP: we are actually in the process of adding support for Italian on our Alexa skill! Adding languages and new regions (even in a previously available language as you suggested) requires the integration undergoing a long acceptance process from Amazon, we hope this will go through soon, but there are no guarantees. We will keep you guys posted!

ethuijs
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member
ethuijs replied on Tue, Jun 8 2021 10:39 PM

Khimo Support:

ethuijs:

Kind regards, Edwin

ethuijs: The BLGW offers a great deal of integration and automation possibilities in comparison to the MLGW, you can find guides to both systems here: https://beointegration.com/help-files/

If you are thinking to move to the BLI later, they can both (BLGW & MLGW) be used as interface for the BLI to control the legacy products.

My ML GW will arrive tomorrow. I have been reading some documentation already from your site. Thank you. Connecting it to ML will not be a great deal, even for a newbe like me on Home Automation . It would be nice to integrate some Light switches and Light Dimmers on the system also.

Questions:

1. What make of light switches / dimmers should I buy to integrate with ML GW via IP of Wifi or via a IP/Wifi bridge to an other protocol like Hue or Zigbee?

2. Can there be a time schedule programmed in the ML GW to switch the lights on and off at desired times?

3. Can the ML GW connect to the Honeywell Round Connected Thermostat?

Kind regards, Edwin

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi again Edwin,

As I mentioned, the MLGW is pretty limited and it is not possible to integrate with modern systems such as Hue. I would highly recommend you use it to control your Legacy B&O products, and integrate to 3rd party systems through a BLI.

Silou
Top 200 Contributor
Switzerland
Posts 465
Bronze Member
Silou replied on Thu, Jun 10 2021 6:50 PM

For Hue you can use Lightmanager Air with a Lintronic converter to use it with your BEO remote

Silou
Top 200 Contributor
Switzerland
Posts 465
Bronze Member
Silou replied on Thu, Jun 10 2021 6:50 PM

For Hue you can use Lightmanager Air with a Lintronic converter to use it with your BEO remote

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Good day one and all,

Just to let you know that the IndieGoGo BLI/Nuki campaign has gotten off two a pretty slow start, so please do a pledge now if you are planning to do so! Remember the campaign has a fixed goal, so if we don't get to the full amount you will get your money back.

In any case, we are still very happy with the movement it is generating in the community, and even if this specific campaign doesn't reach its goal, we will have all learned a lot :)

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have ideas of a system that could potentially receive backing from the community (we are still attempting to contact tado via different communication channels, without any success so far).

Keep safe!

Giovanni
Not Ranked
San Francisco Bay Area
Posts 56
Bronze Member
Giovanni replied on Tue, Jun 15 2021 3:15 AM

Hi Edwin

note that there is support for MLGW in Home Assistant, the Python code is pretty much portable to other home automation platforms that are based on python

https://github.com/giachello/mlgw

That integration does enable a lot of cool stuff with MLGW, including integration with streaming audio, lights, scene controllers etc.

Giovanni

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Dear all,

We are very happy to tell you that the latest release of the BeoLiving Intelligence's firmware and the BeoLiving app includes, on top of a great number of small bug fixes and driver improvements, basic integration with the newest generation of B&O equipment: BeoSound Balance, BS Emerge, BS Level & BeoLab 28. Integration includes flow control, volume control, source, etc. and you are also able to send Light & Control BeoRemote commands through these systems to the BLI.

That's all, just wanted to let you know :) Hope you are all doing well!

Kind regards,
Ivan and the whole Khimo team.

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member

Hi Khimo Team (and of course Ivan ;-),

could "basic integration with the newest generation of B&O equipment:" also indicate any progress in regards of the integration of the BeoRemote Halo (as the BeoRemote Halo is the newest generation of B&O Remote equipment)?

Looking forward to great news or a comment!

Best regards

Doc Leisure

------------------------------------------------------

DocLeisure:

Khimo Support:

Seanie_230:
Will the BLI work with the new Beoremote-Halo in some way?

We can not comment! But...

DocLeisure:

There was just a new firmware released for the BeoRemote Halo - unfortunately without BLI support.

We can still not comment, sorry (:

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

DocLeisure:

could "basic integration with the newest generation of B&O equipment:" also indicate any progress in regards of the integration of the BeoRemote Halo (as the BeoRemote Halo is the newest generation of B&O Remote equipment)?

Hi DocLeisure!

We still can't comment, you'll have to wait and see what the future holds (?

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Thu, Jul 8 2021 7:46 AM

I noticed the back has been refunded. It's a shame.

Any hope we will get the integration? Any other way we can succeed?

GLOP

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

GLOP:

I noticed the back has been refunded. It's a shame.

Any hope we will get the integration? Any other way we can succeed?

Hi GLOP,

Yes, sadly we didn't achieve the campaign's goal. We would love it if the community has any feedback on what could be done differently, why the campaign wasn't attractive for you guys, etc.

Regarding the Nuki system, it will go on our list of requested drivers from which development depends on the availability and the number of requests for each system. Or if many more people are interested, in the future we can have another go at crowdfunding it.

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Fri, Jul 9 2021 7:13 AM

thanks for this message, but as much as I appeciate it I fail to understand the decision. I work in tech and I understand you need a budget supporting any further development, bup please accept my criticism as constructive: the home automation industry is based on features supported, and I don't think you can go any further without expanding the list of functionalities and devices supported on a regular basis. All your "competitors" are working hard to integrate seamessly 3rd parties devices and make their ecosystem more appealing.

As much as I love the BLI app and interface it's meaningless for me (as for anybody else likes simplicity and effectivness) to use an app to control B&O devices (and most likely HUE) and a dozen more apps to control perfectly integrable systems... So you force people to move back to their Homekit or Homeassistant or whatever and just use B&O app to control music...

I have been more than happy to bake the campain, as I was to subscibe to the PRO functionalities for my BLI, but I, as a user more than a customer, I would expect you not to give up once a roadmap was decided.

One more time, please take this as an improvement point, since this "requirement" aims more to build and streinght the community and the product up than to complain.

my 2 cents

GLOP

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

GLOP:

thanks for this message, but as much as I appeciate it I fail to understand the decision. I work in tech and I understand you need a budget supporting any further development, bup please accept my criticism as constructive: the home automation industry is based on features supported, and I don't think you can go any further without expanding the list of functionalities and devices supported on a regular basis. All your "competitors" are working hard to integrate seamessly 3rd parties devices and make their ecosystem more appealing.

As much as I love the BLI app and interface it's meaningless for me (as for anybody else likes simplicity and effectivness) to use an app to control B&O devices (and most likely HUE) and a dozen more apps to control perfectly integrable systems... So you force people to move back to their Homekit or Homeassistant or whatever and just use B&O app to control music...

I have been more than happy to bake the campain, as I was to subscibe to the PRO functionalities for my BLI, but I, as a user more than a customer, I would expect you not to give up once a roadmap was decided.

One more time, please take this as an improvement point, since this "requirement" aims more to build and streinght the community and the product up than to complain.

my 2 cents

GLOP

Hi again GLOP,

Thanks for your feedback, it is very much appreciated Smile

We are constantly working on adding new systems and functionalities. There are a great number of systems out there and we try to find a coherent way of prioritizing, to implement robust integrations with the systems that will have a greater impact on the people who use the BeoLiving Intelligence to simplify their lives.

We will get in contact with the Nuki driver backers to see if we can find a solution together.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hello there @khimo team

Did you ever get any feedback from the Tado guys for a driver?

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi Seanie,

No, sadly we did not. We are trying to contact them in other ways and are keeping our eyes open for any news on that front. We will keep you guys informed!

Best,

Ivan

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Jul 16 2021 8:54 PM

DocLeisure:

Hi Khimo Team (and of course Ivan ;-),

Best regards

Doc Leisure

------------------------------------------------------

DocLeisure:

Khimo Support:

Seanie_230:
Will the BLI work with the new Beoremote-Halo in some way?

We can not comment! But...

DocLeisure:

There was just a new firmware released for the BeoRemote Halo - unfortunately without BLI support.

We can still not comment, sorry (:

Sorry for what is probably a dumb question……. I have a Halo.  If I add a BLI to my system, will the Halo still function as it does? Or put another way, adding a BLI would not cause me to lose any of my current Halo functionality, would it?

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Fri, Jul 16 2021 10:48 PM

Perhaps this was not a good start with Nuki.

On the crowdfundingspage it says it is only for BLI. Most users here still have the MLGW and/or a BLGW. That's may be why the goal was not getten.

Perhaps another crowdfundingaction will start better for more people with BLGW AND BLI in their home.

Just my opinion.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Razlaw:

Sorry for what is probably a dumb question……. I have a Halo.  If I add a BLI to my system, will the Halo still function as it does? Or put another way, adding a BLI would not cause me to lose any of my current Halo functionality, would it?

Hi Razlaw! As you know we are continually developing new integrations and expanding the BLI's capabilities, in the case of integration with Halo we still can't comment...

BeoHut:

Perhaps this was not a good start with Nuki.

On the crowdfundingspage it says it is only for BLI. Most users here still have the MLGW and/or a BLGW. That's may be why the goal was not getten.

Perhaps another crowdfundingaction will start better for more people with BLGW AND BLI in their home.

That's really good feedback, thanks BeoHut! We will specify this in any future crowdfunding campaign.

We want to be clear about the fact that when possible we aim to make drivers that are compatible with both BLGW and BLI. The thing is, technologies in this sector advance quickly and there are already many systems that use methods that aren't available on the BLGW (eg. websockets).

P.S. there might be news on the Nuki front soon! Whistle

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 114
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Wed, Jul 21 2021 2:50 PM

Seanie_230:
Hello there @khimo team

Did you ever get any feedback from the Tado guys for a driver?

As a work around for now, I have Home Assistant running in a terminal screen on a mac laptop. This has TADO thermostats and wall controllers in it. It is then linked to BLI so I can have them that way. Not ideal but I'll eventually upgrade my Synology NAS so it'll run a VM and have HASS running on that instead of the laptop.

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Fri, Jul 23 2021 9:15 AM

Hello Folks,

just to let everyone know people@Khimo just re-published the BLI/Khimo skill on the Alexa Marketplace outside US too.

It works in Italian in my case, and nevertheless works pretty good.

Thank you guys (and leadies), I really appreciate this.

GLOP

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Jul 26 2021 12:42 AM
Khimo Support:

Hi Razlaw! As you know we are continually developing new integrations and expanding the BLI's capabilities, in the case of integration with Halo we still can't comment...

Thank you for your response. However, I am a bit surprised and disappointed that you are unable to answer a simple question about CURRENT functionality. I did not ask about “new integrations”. I did not ask about “expanding” capabilities. I did not in any way ask about FUTURE functionality.

I merely asked if the Halo, which I currently have and use, would continue to function in the same way it does now, if I added a BLI. For example, if I touch my Halo right now, I can start my Core. I was only asking, for example, if I would still be able to start my Core with the Halo after adding a BLI to my system.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hello Razlaw

I think it will not be that they are not willing to comment but for sure they will be contractually not allowed to comment on anything not released or risk loosing the business.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Mon, Jul 26 2021 11:31 AM

Razlaw:

I can confirm it will work as it does now. I did not experience any lack in functionalities based on integration into my BLI environment.

my2cents

GLOP

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Jul 26 2021 12:40 PM
GLOP:

I can confirm it will work as it does now. I did not experience any lack in functionalities based on integration into my BLI environment.

my2cents

GLOP

Thank you so much!

That is all I was asking.

So much appreciated.

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Wed, Jul 28 2021 10:06 PM
GLOP:

my2cents

GLOP

I cannot see why it would interfere anyway? I have so many different systems running on ir and bluetooth and the BLI only complements them. Example is a velux blind integrated with a KLF200. You can push a button or add a command for a remote. If it is bluetooth probably lightcommand as I am not sure under bluetooth it will accept control functions. Add Alexa on the same macro and you have 3 ways to start or stop a device.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member
Hi everyone!
One of the many things we are currently working on is improving integration with the great number of different types of cameras that are currently available. If any of you have RSTP cameras and wants to try out the new features we are developing, contact us at support+cameras@khimo.com with your BLI's serial number.

More on this coming soon :)

Cheers,
the Khimo team.
GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Mon, Aug 23 2021 10:31 AM

Hello guys @khimo

about Tado° please write to Katharina from tado <katharina.gomse@tado-844a35e31252.intercom-mail.com>

she will assist you to work over the integration.

Hope this will help.

GLOP

GLOP
Not Ranked
Milan
Posts 38
Bronze Member
GLOP replied on Tue, Aug 24 2021 9:18 AM

Hello folks!

A quick update about the Nuki Integration.

Khimo team has worked hard so far to build the integration and I've been testing for a while and it works.

It's still in development and it's not a turnkey feature (requires skills I thought I had) but it works and I really like the idea Khimo is widening the integrations.

I'll let you know how it goes but this post is a gratitude message to Khimo for the effort spent and the achievent reached.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, Aug 24 2021 9:50 AM

Hello all,

just wanted to thank the khimo team from my part as well for the effort they have put to write this driver. I have taken part in the development process and I have to say that for once more the khimo team showed their high level of professionalism. For once more great work guys keep amazing us!!!Big Smile

Page 12 of 16 (636 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS