Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLiving news & support from Khimo!

This post has 635 Replies | 20 Followers

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member
Khimo Support Posted: Tue, Apr 2 2019 3:33 PM
Hello (Beo)World!
I'm Ivan of the Khimo team and this is our new BeoWorld forum account.

We are the people behind the development of B&O's Smart Home solutions for the last ten years. I will be available for any queries related to our BeoLiving Intelligence and will report on new products or firmware updates that may be on their way.

At the moment we are very happy with our latest update release (BeoLiving Intelligence v2.0.1 and BeoLiving APP v1.0.5) which includes a big upgrade for the BeoLiving Intelligence (BLI) in Essential mode.

What's new:
- Support of Philips HUE systems and ONVIF cameras
- Easy discovery and addition of available devices through BL App
- Lights and cameras controlled through the app or B&O TVs
- "Passwordless" users make login through TVs a lot easier
- More intuitive navigation on the BeoLiving App and improved speed response - especially noticeable in big installations -

A tutorial for a simple home installation using the BeoLiving Intelligence on Essential mode is already online here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLQhc2VGZVo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Apr 3 2019 3:54 PM

Hi Ivan,

Great that you are taking the effort to post on this forum. I'm quite curious and pondering whether to buy a BLI... These new features make the 'Essential' version a lot more interesting!

Some questions I have regarding the new product:

* Can the Scenes that are available in the Essential-mode be triggered by BeoRemote-commands?

* Is an Android-app on the roadmap?

* Do you need to pay a separate license fee to Khimo for the use of Alexa/IFTTT?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hello 1990,

Great to hear about your interest in the BLI Essential!

Regarding your questions:

1990:

* Can the Scenes that are available in the Essential-mode be triggered by BeoRemote-commands?

This is not possible at the moment on Essential mode. The BeoRemote commands are available as triggers on the Macros configurable through the Pro mode's setup page.

1990:

* Is an Android-app on the roadmap?

The Android app is in development! We will let you know as soon as it is available on the Play Store.

1990:

* Do you need to pay a separate license fee to Khimo for the use of Alexa/IFTTT?

The BLI is configured from factory to be connected to Khimo’s cloud service. You do not need to pay extra to use Alexa or IFTTT Smile

Most of this information is available in our documentation (khimo.github.io) where you can also find useful how-to manuals and other information.

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 277
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Thu, Apr 4 2019 8:05 AM

Hello.

I have a BLGW and the newest version of the Beoliving app, and I don't seem to have the option in the app that says "Easy discovery and addition of available devices through BL App"

Isn't the software on BLGW and BLI the same?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Normann:

Isn't the software on BLGW and BLI the same?

Hi Normann,

The Discover my devices button is a new feature. Created with the Essential user in mind, it is only available on the BeoLiving Intelligence (both Pro & Essential).

We continue to provide support and backup on the BeoLink Gateway, but new features will be developed and released on the BLI.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Apr 4 2019 4:28 PM

Ivan at Khimo.com:

The Android app is in development! We will let you know as soon as it is available on the Play Store.

Cool! Do you have any information on the time frame? Would make buying the BLI look a lote more sensible for the Mrs...

Some more questions regarding the differences between Scenes and Macros: can Scenes be timed? Or do you need Macro-programming to achieve anything like that?

Can you elaborate a bit more on the projects you will finish in the near future? (And do you have beta-test programmes?)

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

The BeoLiving app has a Scene screen, from where you can configure simple Scenes as well as trigger macros, etc. This configuration includes time scheduling, so you will be able to time Scenes on Essential mode Smile

Sorry but at the moment I cannot comment on the ongoing development, I will post here as soon as the new app is available!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Apr 5 2019 12:36 PM

One more question that I can't find an answer to on Github: Can you make the "JOIN" command part of a Scene or Macro?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

1990:

One more question that I can't find an answer to on Github: Can you make the "JOIN" command part of a Scene or Macro?

Yes! The JOIN command is available on Macro configuration under Send Command --> JOIN Smile

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Apr 6 2019 11:10 AM

I'm glad to see you here on BeoWorld in the home automation forum.

Many of us still have BLGW. It sounds like there are still huge disadvantages to upgrading to BLI if we have any ML products in the mix.

1. Have you come up with a good solution for ML devices such as having a driver for the BLI to interface with the BLGW?

2. Will you still offer new systems in the BLGW systems list? Are the drivers really that much different between BLI and BLGW?

3. While creating a macro in BLGW, I saw the option to include a Speaker Group. How can we create speaker groups with the BLGW?

Thanks!

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 218
Bronze Member
Welcome to the Forum! Always great when a manufacturer/supplier joins.

Thanks for taking the time.
Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hello all! We are glad to be able to bolster the BeoLiving community :)

beojeff:

Many of us still have BLGW. It sounds like there are still huge disadvantages to upgrading to BLI if we have any ML products in the mix.

1. Have you come up with a good solution for ML devices such as having a driver for the BLI to interface with the BLGW?

2. Will you still offer new systems in the BLGW systems list? Are the drivers really that much different between BLI and BLGW?

3. While creating a macro in BLGW, I saw the option to include a Speaker Group. How can we create speaker groups with the BLGW

1. The BLI takes the step that B&O have been working towards for the last years to phase out MasterLink connection. We understand that there is still loads of great equipment out there that use ML and we are looking into new ways of integrating them, aside from the NL/ML Converter.

Creating a driver to use a BLGW as an interface is certainly an option we are looking into. This would allow you to send commands on the Pro BLI via Macros.

We would love to know how many of you here at BeoWorld would be interested in this functionality!

2. The newly supported systems will be available for both BLGW and BLI, this is as long as the product doesn't need a functionality the Gateway can't provide.

3. The speaker groups the macro is referring to is configurable through the TV and has to do with the speakers you want your TV to play sound from. More info is available here: https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/208675589-Use-speaker-groups-and-sound-modes

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Apr 9 2019 7:01 PM

Thanks for the response.

That's great to hear that new systems will still be added to the BLGW. Many of us already have the BLGW. Without support for ML, I just can't upgrade to BLI, unfortunately.

There are SO many ML products out there and I would suspect that while we've added new NL products, many of us who have been B&O customers for years will still have at least one or more ML products. For example, I have a BeoVision 10 integrated with a BeoSound Moment that connects to my NL network via a BeoLink Converter. I also have a BeoMaster 5500 connected via a BeoLink Converter so that I can have full control of a Beogram turntable. I understand that to get the size of the BLI smaller, the regular ML port had to go. However, it would have been nice to have at least kept an RJ45 ML port for legacy products.

What has happened to your presence on the BeoIntegration site? You seem to have fallen off of the site. 

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Bronze Member

Hi Ivan at Khimo.com

Is there any plan from Khimo team to included z-wave driver to integration of z-wave controller like Fibaro home center?

Since i have z-wave products in the house=) 

regards, 

Andreas

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Beojeff: We are not directly in charge of the BeoIntegration site, we have now requested an update, so the site should have the new apps, videos, etc. online pretty soon!

Andybandy: You are not the first person to request Fibaro in the last couple of months! We are definitely looking into these systems, it would be great to know people's opinion here on the forum!

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 277
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 8:24 PM

Ivan at Khimo.com:

Andybandy: You are not the first person to request Fibaro in the last couple of months! We are definitely looking into these systems, it would be great to know people's opinion here on the forum!

I would love to have z-wave integrated into BLGW and BLI. I now run Carlo Gavazzi on lights thru BLGW, and if z-wave also could be integrated then I can run my smart house system on one app, the Beoliving app...

So please get on with the work Big Smile Yes - thumbs up 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 11:22 PM

Ivan at Khimo.com:

Beojeff: We are not directly in charge of the BeoIntegration site, we have now requested an update, so the site should have the new apps, videos, etc. online pretty soon!

That's great news! The BeoIntegration site has been a great resource. However, it's been truly stagnant for over a year. Maybe your activity will breathe new life into the site.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Thu, Apr 11 2019 3:00 PM

Hello Ivan

In both apps Beolink 2 and Beoliving you are using your own search/browse structure for DLNA (artist, album, tracks).

Why not use the search capabilities of for example Twonky or Minimserver. This way searching/browsing can be much easier.

The B&o app does this and in my opinion it makes searching/browsing much more accessable.

(Note: at least list first the albums and then the tracks, if one browse an artist)

regards

Paul

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Thanks everybody for the feedback! We will take it all into account :)

Carolpa:

Hello Ivan

In both apps Beolink 2 and Beoliving you are using your own search/browse structure for DLNA (artist, album, tracks).

Why not use the search capabilities of for example Twonky or Minimserver. This way searching/browsing can be much easier.

The B&o app does this and in my opinion it makes searching/browsing much more accessable.

(Note: at least list first the albums and then the tracks, if one browse an artist)

regards

Paul

Hello Paul!

I see your point, I can tell you that it was a design decision, based on the generic DLNA capabilities for browse and search. We didnt want to tie ourselves to any specific server (twonky is unsupported since last year, for example).

Epsilon20
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Epsilon20 replied on Fri, Apr 12 2019 10:24 AM

Hi Ivan, I think its great that you have joined the forumn of your customer base. I also watched the video you posted and think this will go a long way to educating your clients.

I have a Beovision Eclipse and very interested in usign a Beoliving intelligence to control everything centrally. The issue i have is that there is an app for everything these days but would like something that centrally manages everything.  

Can you confirm for me:

- How does the Eclipse view the content/connected devices on the TV screen? or is this done only via the remote and App?

- Are the nest products such as the Thermostats,  door bell, smoke alarm or IP security cameras supported?https://nest.com/thermostats/nest-learning-thermostat/overview/

- Are Ubiquiti Camera's supported? https://www.ui.com/unifi-video/unifi-video-camera-g3/

- Will the Ring doorbell work with beoliving https://en-uk.ring.com/

Lastly which licence would i be required to use essential or the paid one?

Beovision Eclipse 55 Brass Edition with Oak covers and Brass Orbital stand

Beolab 50s silver & Oak, Beolab 18 Brass with Smoked Oak, Beolab 18 Rose Gold with Maple Covers, Beolab 19 Black.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi Epsilon20!

The BeoLiving app manages all BeoLiving supported systems centrally. On the Eclipse you will be able to control lights, shades, cameras, and your B&O products through scenes. You will not be able to see the audiovisual content of the connected equipment. This is all available directly on the BL App which is intended to be your "control centre".

With the remote, you can also execute macros (on Pro mode) with the Light&Control functions.

Nest thermostats and smoke alarms are supported but the driver does not manage nest cameras or doorbells at the moment.

UniFi cameras do not have ONVIF support, but all cameras may be viewed through the BeoLiving as long as they have a snapshot feed to a browsable site, we have received reports from installers that the UniFi cameras are working OK when set up in this way.

Ring is not supported, the company does not provide an open API that we can integrate with. In our understanding, they aren't open for integration with other systems aside from their close partners.

Epsilon20
Not Ranked
Posts 58
Bronze Member
Epsilon20 replied on Wed, Apr 17 2019 1:28 PM

Thank you Ivan for the detailed answer. I'll speak to my installer to see how best to manage the installaton.

Beovision Eclipse 55 Brass Edition with Oak covers and Brass Orbital stand

Beolab 50s silver & Oak, Beolab 18 Brass with Smoked Oak, Beolab 18 Rose Gold with Maple Covers, Beolab 19 Black.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Great Epsilon20! If you require any more assistance you may contact us at our support email: support@khimo.com

Ivan at Khimo.com:

2. The newly supported systems will be available for both BLGW and BLI, this is as long as the product doesn't need a functionality the Gateway can't provide.

Just to clarify, as we have received more questions on other support channels, we will continue uploading drivers for new systems to the online remote repository. As long as the driver doesn't require a firmware update on the BLGW these systems will be available for the Gateway.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,710
Founder

Hi Ivan!

I have bought a Blgw and set it up. The app works and I can pilot my gear.

And I have made the set up in my Eclipse to. But when I press Home Control

on the Beoeremote it says on screen: ”Beolink gateway does not have any config

zone for Home Control”

Same on my Beoplay V1

BeoVision Haermony 65"...BeoLab 28 Anthracite....BeoLab 17 as REAR....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay Emerge....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Apr 19 2019 12:28 PM

Hello Ivan,

I have been using the BLI for 3 months now and I have to admit that you are doing a great job! Especially with the home control command for legacy products ;-) I have millions of questions to ask but I will try to stick with just a couple :-) 

1 Is there any way to add Miele appliances 

2 Are you planning to incorporate the new Legrand automation system. In Greece it is marketed as Legrand with Netatmo

3 Are you planning to make "if" and "only if" commands for macro. What I mean is: ie  Event: Nest Thermostat goes from away to home, Macro: Turn lights on only if it is night. (I have already solved this issue but I had to create night/day mode for my bli. Since the bli can be in one mode at a time it make it difficult to create further macros)

4 Which is kind of a sub question to question 3: Are you planning to make more lua code commands available in the table commands? (I am not so LUA literated!) ;-)

Thanks

Anastasios

Abildgren
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Abildgren replied on Sun, Apr 21 2019 9:26 PM

Hello Ivan

Great to see you interacting directly with your (end) customers. I have a couple of questions and a bit of feedback.

1) You ask for interest in ML product via a gateway. Yes very much! I still enjoy CD from time to time and would like to set scenes for this. If it is just though the NL/ML gateway, it would be fine. Which lead me to my next question

2) On your GitHub site, could you please make a list of (B&O) product which you support. E.g. is the NL/ML Gateway supported 

3) Do yourself the favour of listing all the devices which you have support for (Pro mode). I think that many people are unaware of how widely integrated your product is.

4) Do you have any plans for supporting HomeKit devices

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

mr_anders_son:

Hi Ivan!

I have bought a Blgw and set it up. The app works and I can pilot my gear.

And I have made the set up in my Eclipse to. But when I press Home Control

on the Beoeremote it says on screen: ”Beolink gateway does not have any config

zone for Home Control”

Same on my Beoplay V1

Hi Anders,

We will continue support via email. Just to be clear: Only non-B&O products appear on the HomeControl panel (TV & WEBPANEL). If you have not configured scenes, thermostats, lights or virtual resources in a zone, the zone will not appear.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Tassos:

Hello Ivan,

I have been using the BLI for 3 months now and I have to admit that you are doing a great job! Especially with the home control command for legacy products ;-) I have millions of questions to ask but I will try to stick with just a couple :-) 

1 Is there any way to add Miele appliances 

2 Are you planning to incorporate the new Legrand automation system. In Greece it is marketed as Legrand with Netatmo

3 Are you planning to make "if" and "only if" commands for macro. What I mean is: ie  Event: Nest Thermostat goes from away to home, Macro: Turn lights on only if it is night. (I have already solved this issue but I had to create night/day mode for my bli. Since the bli can be in one mode at a time it make it difficult to create further macros)

4 Which is kind of a sub question to question 3: Are you planning to make more lua code commands available in the table commands? (I am not so LUA literated!) ;-)

Thanks

Anastasios

Hi Anastasios! It's great to see so much movement on the forum.

All lua functions (if, when, tonumber, etc.) are available in the programming window, any lua manual should be a good reference. We will soon add a debug function that will permit you to see what you store in variables on the Monitor screen.

This function and use examples will appear in the help section, this pop-up window is where you can find all available special functions and examples.

To access the systems time, you can use engine.query on "*/*/SYSTEM/Clock"

Something like:

function(event, engine)
  local time=engine.query("*/*/SYSTEM/Clock")

if tonumber(time[1].get("hour")) >= 10 then

--Whatever you wish the macro to do.

end
end

You can find these address by looking into the different events (e.g. the clock would be a System event).

Other states (apart from "hour" used in the example) are:

asr - After sunrise (minutes)
ass - After sunset
bsr - Before sunrise
bss - Before sunset
day - Day (1-31)
hour - Hour (0-24)
minute - Minute (0-59)
month - Month (1-12)
sr - Sunrise
ss - Sunset
weekday - Week day (1 [mon] - 7)

We do not support Miele or Legrand systems at the moment but depending on the amount of demand we can look into it. In Miele's case, they have an open HTTP REST api, it would be possible, with some technical knowledge, to add the system through the Custom HTTP driver and execute commands as scenes.
By the way, if anybody in the community is willing to try their hand on driver programming, the information is available in our documentation website, and we are always available for any questions.
Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Abildgren:

Hello Ivan

Great to see you interacting directly with your (end) customers. I have a couple of questions and a bit of feedback.

1) You ask for interest in ML product via a gateway. Yes very much! I still enjoy CD from time to time and would like to set scenes for this. If it is just though the NL/ML gateway, it would be fine. Which lead me to my next question

2) On your GitHub site, could you please make a list of (B&O) product which you support. E.g. is the NL/ML Gateway supported 

3) Do yourself the favour of listing all the devices which you have support for (Pro mode). I think that many people are unaware of how widely integrated your product is.

Hello  Abildgren,

The BLI supports all B&O NetworkLink systems, so as long as the product has NetworkLink it is supported. The BeoLink converter (NL to ML) is a NetworkLink product and as such is supported, I assume that is what you are talking about when you mention the "NL/ML Gateway".

Our list of currently supported systems is available on our drivers page (https://khimo.github.io/help_drivers), this is definitely not an obvious place to go looking for this information, we will change this soon to make it more clear. Thanks for the feedback :)

On HomeKit integration, there is no specific plan at the moment but we are looking into it.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Apr 23 2019 11:59 PM

Ivan at Khimo.com:

Abildgren:

Hello Ivan

Hello  Abildgren,

The BLI supports all B&O NetworkLink systems, so as long as the product has NetworkLink it is supported. The BeoLink converter (NL to ML) is a NetworkLink product and as such is supported, I assume that is what you are talking about when you mention the "NL/ML Gateway".

Our list of currently supported systems is available on our drivers page (https://khimo.github.io/help_drivers), this is definitely not an obvious place to go looking for this information, we will change this soon to make it more clear. Thanks for the feedback :)

On HomeKit integration, there is no specific plan at the moment but we are looking into it.

Something that I don't understand is how little unity there now seems to be between Khimo and B&O. There are now TWO iOS apps that seem to be nearly identical - yet one claims ownership by B&O and the other claims ownership by Khimo. There has been no mention of the BLI on the B&O site. Likewise, Khimo no longer seems to be using the BeoIntegration site to provide documentation. This was not how it was with the MLGW or the BLGW. Continued incorporation of ML products seems to not be well-planned. Most importantly, the B&O branding seems to be diminished in the new BLI. What is going on here? This all causes me to lose faith in Khimo's partnership with B&O.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:

Something that I don't understand is how little unity there now seems to be between Khimo and B&O. There are now TWO iOS apps that seem to be nearly identical - yet one claims ownership by B&O and the other claims ownership by Khimo. There has been no mention of the BLI on the B&O site. Likewise, Khimo no longer seems to be using the BeoIntegration site to provide documentation. This was not how it was with the MLGW or the BLGW. Continued incorporation of ML products seems to not be well-planned. Most importantly, the B&O branding seems to be diminished in the new BLI. What is going on here? This all causes me to lose faith in Khimo's partnership with B&O.

Hi Beojeff,

The BeoLiving solution is a joint effort between Khimo and Bang & Olufsen. Khimo has always been the developer of B&O's smart home solutions (MLGW mk1, MLGW mk2, BLGW and the BeoLink's apps). It was decided to release this product as a joint venture to make the solution more flexible.

The BeoLiving app is the latest iteration of the BeoLink apps. The BeoLink2 app is on its way out and will soon be taken down from the app store. We want to make sure we give enough time for everybody to switch to the new app.

Beointegration.com is continuously being updated (please find the latest update about BeoLiving Intelligence here https://beointegration.com/beoliving-intelligence/) to show all the latest tools and information. The move of the documentation to its own webpage is to manage a more fluid support experience.  We believe this is a great solution as the BeoLiving Intelligence (BLI's) support documentation is now more complete, searchable and up to date. Please, send us any suggestion that you may have to make it better!

The BeoLiving Intelligence's branding illustrates the close partnership between Khimo and B&O, the two companies who have proudly been working together for the last fourteen years on providing great home integration experiences. 

Steven_London
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Bronze Member

Hi Ivan,

Welcome to the BeoWorld forums. I too still use the BLGW and can't upgrade at the moment because I still have a number of Masterlink products. However, I have been using the BLGW and IFTTT for a while and the integration is great. I have a couple of suggestions (hope you don't mind).

1. If is possible to have a IFTTT driver. I use IFTTT in both directions to send commands to the BLGW but also from it. I currently use custom HTTP to send Webhooks to the IFTTT service but its a pain to change things if the key changes on IFTTT. It would a great if the Webhooks key could be centralled stored and managed.

2. Previously there were rumours of a driver from Danfoss. However, this never happened and instead I went for the Honeywell Evohome zone heating system. Honeywell do have APIs available for this system and I think it would make a great addition to be able to control and receive updates on the BLGW/ BLI and the app.

Thanks

Steven

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Mon, Apr 29 2019 9:06 PM

+1 for the Honeywell evohome driver!

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member
DocLeisure replied on Tue, Apr 30 2019 12:37 PM

Hello Ivan,

I personally love my BeoSound 5 and the way it is embedded in the BLGW (search functionality, song schedule and album cover). It would be fantastic, if this functionality could be implemented in the same way into the BLI-Gateway.

May I still hope? Will there be an (external) "driver" for it? Is there another solution?

Thanks for a short answer.

Best regards

Doc Leisure

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Tutorial - essential mode:

https://youtu.be/hKmZ3OmDW_4

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Hi Ivan

I understand that you and Khimo are able to support in the Beoliving (and thereby maybe the Beolink Gateway)

Some questions

1. If I buy the Beoliving Intelligence box - can I then transfer all setups (software) from my Beolink Gateway ?

2. Please see the screen dumps. I have installed the Beoliving app on an iPad - there is a problem with the text - there is plenty of spaces to show the whole line, but at the moment is is not very useful.

3. I have been talking to Morten Hemmingsen at B&O by mail, as I need a driver for IHC system (in Denmark). Morten wrote back, that he was talking to L&K in Denmark and was waiting to setup this driver. The issue is that he is no responding anymore - maybe he left the company. Can you help to make this driver, as the IHC system in Denmark is common for many people.

BR Rudi

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, May 2 2019 9:37 AM

In the setup I cannot see the "JOIN" command supported. Is it only available in PRO-mode?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member
Hi all!
@Steven_London, on IFTTT integration: it would be pretty easy to implement the driver you describe, the thing we don't understand is why your webhooks key would change...
Is anybody also experiencing problems with this?

On the Honeywell front, we will look into it and evaluate the possibility according to the systems complexity and market demand :)

@DocLesiure, about the BeoSound 5; I understand that you love the BS5, it is also a great product.

In the BeoLiving Intelligence, we have removed the Master Link connector in order to reduce complexity in the product and hence we only support the newer Bang & Olufsen Network Link products.

That being said there are a few ways to continue with some level of integration:

1. You can still access the music stored in the BeoMaster 5 from newer Network Link audio products, as it is a DLNA content provider for them.
  2. Through an ML/NL converter (obsolete), you will be able to perform basic controls (select source, play, pause, change volume and channel) but not much more.

Millemissen:

Tutorial - essential mode:

https://youtu.be/hKmZ3OmDW_4

MM

Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

@Rudi Pedersen: The configuration file of the BeoLink Gateway is compatible with the BeoLiving  Intelligence, so the migration process is quite simple. The only condition is that the BeoLiving Intelligence must be in PRO mode.

To do so, follow the next instructions:
1. Download the BeoLink Gateway's configuration file
2. Upload the file to the BeoLiving Intelligence (in PRO mode)
3. Take into account that MasterLink resources won't be available in BeoLiving Intelligence, so all events and commands related to MasterLink devices on Macros will be orphans, meaning that must be deleted or modified for a correct integration through a BeoLink Converter.

We are aware of the issue about the permitted name length and are currently rethinking the way we can display these resources.

We have a driver for this LK/IHC system, would this work for you? https://khimo.github.io/help_drivers/LK/

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

1990:

In the setup I cannot see the "JOIN" command supported. Is it only available in PRO-mode?

What exactly do you mean by "In the setup"?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, May 3 2019 5:38 PM

Ivan at Khimo.com:

What exactly do you mean by "In the setup"?

I meant the tutorial that MM linked to!

Page 1 of 16 (636 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS