Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLiving news & support from Khimo!

This post has 635 Replies | 20 Followers

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 7:04 AM

beojeff:

Khimo-

There are some stability issues that need to be looked into regarding the BLI and Halo remotes. The BLI keeps loosing its connection with the Halos and needs to be power-cycled to regain the connection. I've reserved static IP addresses for the BLI and the Halos, yet this problem persists. Also, it would be nice to have a reboot option in the BLI configuration interface.

The reboot option is high on my list as well. As far as the stability of the connection is concerned I am encountering zero problems. My Halo is always connected except if I restart my router, in which case (sometimes) it gets the previous IP+1 (192.168.1.180 before the restart, 192.168.1.181 after the restart). Restarting the BLI solves the issue. I am using the velop system of linksys with 2 mx5300 nodes. One as a router and the other as a child node. Wi-Fi coverage is excellent throughout the house and Wi-Fi speed is very fast especially to Wi-Fi 6 enabled products. I don't know if this is of any help to you Beojeff. 

CTR
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 25
Bronze Member
CTR replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 10:05 AM

Hi Khimo and Carolpa 

Somehow to change the subtitle or text to show the actual temperature. 

For example 19c ??

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 11:02 AM

CTR:

Hi Khimo and Carolpa 

Somehow to change the subtitle or text to show the actual temperature. 

For example 19c ??

Great idea!Yes - thumbs up

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 12:32 PM
Tassos:

Great idea!

you should get the actual temperature in the centre of the button (in Celsius)

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 1:44 PM

Carolpa:
Tassos:

Great idea!

you should get the actual temperature in the centre of the button (in Celsius)

What do you mean?

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 5:37 PM

red: actual temperature of your location (if resource longitude and latitude are set right)

blue: expected rain fall in mm or snow fall in cm the coming 3 hours

yellow:  actual wind direction 

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 5:41 PM
Carolpa:

red: actual temperature of your location (if resource longitude and latitude are set right)

blue: expected rain fall in mm or snow fall in cm the coming 3 hours

yellow: actual wind direction

Oh this I know. What I mean is at the thermostat button instead of set temperature to be possible to have the actual temperature of the thermostat inside the house.
Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 5:52 PM

Tassos:
What I mean is at the thermostat button instead of set temperature
Okay I misunderstood/misread your question.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 5:58 PM

Tassos:
What I mean is at the thermostat button instead of set temperature to be possible to have the actual temperature of the thermostat inside the house.
What mark/type of thermostat do you have? And more important  what settings/informations are available in BLI? 

I do have a Nest but it is not available anymore in the BLI.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 6:19 PM
Carolpa:

What mark/type of thermostat do you have? And more important what settings/informations are available in BLI?

I do have a Nest but it is not available anymore in the BLI.

I have a nest as well. I tried a couple of days before to write a code which would add the possibility to show the actual temperature if the thermostat button was pressed. Didn’t have a big success but I am not done yet. I am sure you have a much better grasp of lua coding so I will try to find the code and post it…maybe you can start with it…
chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 7:34 PM
Tassos:

The reboot option is high on my list as well. As far as the stability of the connection is concerned I am encountering zero problems. My Halo is always connected except if I restart my router, in which case (sometimes) it gets the previous IP+1 (192.168.1.180 before the restart, 192.168.1.181 after the restart). Restarting the BLI solves the issue. I am using the velop system of linksys with 2 mx5300 nodes. One as a router and the other as a child node. Wi-Fi coverage is excellent throughout the house and Wi-Fi speed is very fast especially to Wi-Fi 6 enabled products. I don't know if this is of any help to you Beojeff.

I alway set fixed IP”s in my router on all BLI Stuff, why don”t you set it fixed Tassos? Saves hassle and you know where to look.
chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Tue, Dec 21 2021 7:37 PM

I am burning the fireplace hence the 18 vs 22C
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 12:36 AM

chucky:
Tassos:

I alway set fixed IP”s in my router on all BLI Stuff, why don”t you set it fixed Tassos? Saves hassle and you know where to look.

I've set static IP addresses for my Halos and the BLI, but the problem of the BLI losing connection with the Halos is still recurring.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 5:10 AM

Tassos:
maybe you can start with it…
I would try it this way

Make a Resource named "Nest" for example of the type Thermostat and address "1".

function(event, engine) 

local Temp_query=engine.query("your_area/your_zone/THERMOSTAT_2SP/Nest/TEMPERATURE")

local temp = Temp_query[1].get_number("VALUE")

engine.fire("your_zone/your_area/Halo remote/your_Halo/SET_TEXT?BUTTON=497f6eca-6276-4993-bfeb-000000810xxx&TEXT="..tostring(temp))

end

But in so far I can look into the Nest/BLI capabilities, I'm not sure it will work. Reading the Help file one should expect it will though.

OR try this line instead of the above one

local Temp_query=engine.query("your_area/your_zone/THERMOSTAT_2SP/Nest/State/TEMPERATURE")

Interesting would be to see what happens, what info you get, in Tools/Monitor, when you press the button

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 7:17 AM

Carolpa:

Tassos:
maybe you can start with it…
I would try it this way

Make a Resource named "Nest" for example of the type Thermostat and address "1".

function(event, engine) 

local Temp_query=engine.query("your_area/your_zone/THERMOSTAT_2SP/Nest/TEMPERATURE")

engine.fire("your_zone/your_area/Halo remote/your_Halo/SET_TEXT?BUTTON=497f6eca-6276-4993-bfeb-000000810xxx&TEXT="..tostring(temp))

end

But in so far I can look into the Nest/BLI capabilities, I'm not sure it will work. Reading the Help file one should expect it will though.

local Temp_query=engine.query("your_area/your_zone/THERMOSTAT_2SP/Nest/State/TEMPERATURE")

Interesting would be to see what happens, what info you get, in Tools/Monitor, when you press the button

I knew you were good with lua but I didn't know you are fast as well!!!Big SmileYes - thumbs up

I will check as soon as I get home. Just for the record I think that from the moment nest was bought by google it started being more a liability than an asset in home automation. My main complain is that the home/away function doesn't work as it should. I tried everything that is posted on the web, everything that my mind could thought but still it works when it feels like working. Not reliable at all. Migrating to google account is not an option since I am going to lose connectivity with the BLI. Pitty!

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 7:34 AM

chucky:
Tassos:

I have set a fixed IP on my router since the last time you proposed. In both cases fixed or dhcp enabled I never had issues with the Halo except when I restart the router. My guess (maybe wild) is that the Halo given that it has both 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi connectivity (of which I am not sure), it "switches" bands which does not justify IP change but you might lose a bit of the responsiveness or if you have coverage from two access points at the spot you have it installed it "switches" access point which it could lead to a different IP. I believe that it is a network issue.

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 9:10 AM
beojeff:

I've set static IP addresses for my Halos and the BLI, but the problem of the BLI losing connection with the Halos is still recurring.

I think the issue is not the Halo but the BLI. It crashes or gets onresponsive on all my ipads as soon as open something else and go back to the app. This is also on my BV”s or Beosounds. I just start up the bli app again. I am used to it but it is an issue Which needs to fixed. On the Beolink gateway I never had this issue and was always more stable.

Could be that Tasso his network uses mesh, I had issues as wel but now cabled, my network is really stable, cost a fortune though to get somebody in to fix it. No mesh for me, it sucks.

@tasso, if you have a extensive router with more professional settings you could try and only let you Halo connect to 2.4 or 5 GHZ. I am pretty sure that 2.4 will work better as it has longer range. ( could be under preferences fixed ip of the Halo on your router)

It is a shame i still haven”t got one though. Geeked

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 11:08 AM

chucky:
beojeff:

I think the issue is not the Halo but the BLI. It crashes or gets onresponsive on all my ipads as soon as open something else and go back to the app. This is also on my BV”s or Beosounds. I just start up the bli app again. I am used to it but it is an issue Which needs to fixed. On the Beolink gateway I never had this issue and was always more stable.

Could be that Tasso his network uses mesh, I had issues as wel but now cabled, my network is really stable, cost a fortune though to get somebody in to fix it. No mesh for me, it sucks.

@tasso, if you have a extensive router with more professional settings you could try and only let you Halo connect to 2.4 or 5 GHZ. I am pretty sure that 2.4 will work better as it has longer range. ( could be under preferences fixed ip of the Halo on your router)

Hello chucky,

I never had any issues with my Halo. Smile

Thanks for the suggestion though.Big Smile

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 11:57 AM

Carolpa:

I would try it this way

function(event, engine) 

end

Hello Carolpa, I tried both but the return an error in line 5. I played around a bit and tried with the "real" resource as well but no luck.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 1:50 PM

chucky:
beojeff:

At any rate, this is still an issue worth brining up to Khimo.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member
Hi everyone,
we can see that Christmas eve will find you all working on new integrations, and really fun and interesting projects! Way to go!!!

Regarding BeoJeff's connectivity issues, we actually saw similar behavior when the Halos have both WiFi and Ethernet available, or when they were configured via WiFi and then changed to a wired connection. It may be that the Halo is always showing the IP address it reserves via WiFi, but this changes when it switches to IP and it can be switching back and forth... Anyway, you can try resetting the Halo to factory settings and connecting directly via the wired connection without configuring the wireless. This may solve the problem. If not send us an email and we can look into it in detail.

We would also like to look into @Chucky's issue with the app becoming unresponsive, we don't normally see this behavior in our labs... Please contact us at support@khimo.com ! Of course, we can then post the solutions here if they appear useful to the community :)

On the subject of lua Macros: the engine.query should be to the resource (so something like engine.query("your_area/your_zone/THERMOSTAT_2SP/Nest/")) and then the .get_number would be to the state of the resource (probably Temp_query[1].get_number("TEMPERATURE")). Good luck and keep it up!

Finally, thanks for all the messages of appreciation and support, they are really appreciated and bring a smile to the team's faces coming in to work in the morning :D

Take care and happy holidays!
Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 5:19 PM

Tassos:
I played around a bit and tried with the "real" resource as well but no luck.
it seems to be diffeent.

See the reply of Khimo.Big Smile

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Dec 22 2021 7:22 PM

Khimo-

Thank you for your message regarding the loss of connection between the BLI and Halos. Actually, only the wall version of the Halo has the option to be wired to the network. The desktop version of the Halo does not have an ethernet port. All of my Halos have always been wifi only.

I have done a factory reset on all of my Halos and the problem keeps recurring.

I came home today and my living room Halo again no longer shows the BLI pages.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Dec 23 2021 6:13 AM

Hello Jeff,

I just remembered that I was loosing my bli pages when I created buttons that had the alarm icon and if I recall correctly any alarm icon...if it is of any help. I have contacted the khimo team and they told me that they are working on it. I will give it an other go when I am back home.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Dec 23 2021 9:46 AM

function(event, engine) 

local Temp_query=engine.query("area/zone/_THERMOSTAT_SENSOR/Temperature/")

local temp = Temp_query[1].get_string("TEMPERATURE")

engine.fire("area/zone/Halo remote/Beoremote Halo/SET_TEXT?BUTTON=497f6eca-6276-4993-bfeb-000000810114&TEXT="..tostring(temp))

end 

so far I made this which works fine with the fibaro temperature sensors. If addapted to NEST then an empty text box is what you get.
UPDATE:
It works!!! The code is below. (Hallway is the name of my thermostat)
function(event, engine) 
  local Temp_query=engine.query("area/zone/THERMOSTAT_1SP/Hallway/")
  local temp = Temp_query[1].get("TEMPERATURE")

engine.fire("area/zone/Halo remote/Beoremote Halo/SET_TEXT?BUTTON=497f6eca-6276-4993-bfeb-000000810114&TEXT="..tostring(temp))
end 
Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Dec 29 2021 2:04 PM

Hello guys,

I am trying to make a button on the Halo to show as text the number of the cd track playing every time the Halo wakes up. So far I have done the following which works with a big BUT.

function(event, engine) 

local CD_query=engine.query("Garden/Back Terrace/AV renderer/NL ML Converter/")

local CD = CD_query[1].get("nowPlayingDetails")

engine.fire("House/Family Room/Halo remote/Beoremote Halo/SET_TEXT?BUTTON=497f6eca-6276-4993-bfeb-000000810XXX&TEXT="..tostring(CD))

end 

I have tried different ways to get the track number but with no success. Is there anyone who knows how to ask for the last part of the nowPlayingDetails? 
As is the code returns "type" which was anyway expected.
Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 115
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Wed, Dec 29 2021 11:16 PM

Hi

I am thinking of upgrading my BLGW to a BLI, I can borrow one from my dealer to test the benefits when using it with my new BeoRemote Halo, is it possible to get a 30 day trial Pro version like with the BLGW, or can I transfer my Khimo subscription to the BLI for a short Periode?

Søren

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Dec 30 2021 12:24 PM

Soren:

Hi

I am thinking of upgrading my BLGW to a BLI, I can borrow one from my dealer to test the benefits when using it with my new BeoRemote Halo, is it possible to get a 30 day trial Pro version like with the BLGW, or can I transfer my Khimo subscription to the BLI for a short Periode?

Søren

If your primary interest is seeing how the BLI works with the Halo, the essential version on BLI is really adequate for that. The essential version automatically creates a configuration for Halo with the most logical lights, etc. I was impressed with how the BLI automatically populated the configuration.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Fri, Dec 31 2021 9:37 AM

Tassos:
I have tried different ways to get the track number but with no success.

function(event, engine) 

local core = engine.query("your_area/your_zone/AV renderer/your_BLC") 

local Details_now = core[1].get_string("nowPlayingDetails")

local track_pos=string.find(Details_now, "track number:")+13

local track=tonumber(string.sub(Details_now,track_pos,-1))

engine.fire("your_area/your_zone/Halo remote/your_Beoremote Halo/SET_TEXT?BUTTON=497f6eca-6276-4993-bfeb-000000810xxx&TEXT="..tostring(track))

end

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 replied on Fri, Dec 31 2021 12:06 PM
Hello all

I am using essential mode.

Any idea how to move the scene at the bottom to the top?

The Halo shows it at the end of the list and I would like to get it to the start of the list by moving it up.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Dec 31 2021 12:44 PM

Seanie_230:
Hello all

I am using essential mode.

Any idea how to move the scene at the bottom to the top?

The Halo shows it at the end of the list and I would like to get it to the start of the list by moving it up.

I believe you can only edit the Halo's menu in pro mode. When in pro mode, you do this by going to the Interfaces tab. It's well worth upgrading to pro mode -- especially if you're used to the control you had using a BLGW.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Dec 31 2021 1:10 PM

BTW, Khimo really does deserve the benefit from us upgrading to Pro mode. Their support has been amazing!

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Fri, Dec 31 2021 1:50 PM

beojeff:
BTW, Khimo really does deserve the benefit from us upgrading to Pro mode. Their support has been amazing!
Agree

If available the way to change the order:

1. goto Interfaces / Zones setup

2. choose the zone

3. click and hold the three lines and drag the line to the position  

It seems though also that the original order of the Scenes are defined by the succession the Virtual Resources were programmed. Maybe by re-entering the scenes in the appropriate order will do the trick.

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sat, Jan 1 2022 1:54 AM
beojeff:

Khimo-

Thank you for your message regarding the loss of connection between the BLI and Halos. Actually, only the wall version of the Halo has the option to be wired to the network. The desktop version of the Halo does not have an ethernet port. All of my Halos have always been wifi only.

I have done a factory reset on all of my Halos and the problem keeps recurring.

I came home today and my living room Halo again no longer shows the BLI pages.

Thanks,

Jeff

Same issue, I can wire but it is a remote. I lose connection at least 4 times a day. B&O logo etc. I am waiting on a solution so I can buy more halo”s

Chucky
Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Jan 1 2022 4:39 AM

chucky:
Same issue, I can wire but it is a remote. I lose connection at least 4 times a day. B&O logo etc. I am waiting on a solution so I can buy more halo”s  Chucky
did you look if there isn't a Lua Macro with "fatal" errors or loops?

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 678
Bronze Member

Happy New Year dear BLI/Khimo team and all forum BLI experts and lurking enthusiasts! Big Smile

I saw Beogram 7000 and Beogram 4000 integrated with Halo and (I assume) BLI in Carolpa's post on the page 14. What is needed to achieve that? Any way to do it with BLC NL/ML or a Beomaster is needed too? Merely hoping for a remote "Start/Stop" fumctionality. Thumbs Up

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Jan 2 2022 5:07 AM

AnalogPlanet:
I saw Beogram 7000 and Beogram 4000 integrated with Halo and (I assume) BLI
The BG4000 is connected to a BLC. The BG7000 is part of my Beosystem 7000 connected with a T1611 to a BLC.

The Halo buttons are programmed/setup with BLI. 

The BG7000 button is replaced by a Beosystem 7000 button. This button toggles between choosing CD or PH. And Yes the BG7000 starts to play if a record is placed. To integrate a stop also should be possible.

same wishes to you

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sun, Jan 2 2022 9:00 AM
This is what i see in the log file:

2022-01-02T09:44:54.309872+01:00 bli server: B&O Halo remote (26070): 33286849: aliveMonitor: keepalive: send a PING

2022-01-02T09:44:56.294240+01:00 bli server: B&O Halo remote (26070): 33286849: aliveMonitor: timedout, notifying

2022-01-02T09:44:56.303549+01:00 bli server: B&O Halo remote (26070): 33286849: aliveMonitor: keepalive: timeout: table: 0x517c47c0 OPEN

2022-01-02T09:44:56.313167+01:00 bli server: B&O Halo remote (26070): 33286849: Closing connection, no activity in last 62 seconds.

2022-01-02T09:44:56.322727+01:00 bli server: B&O Halo remote (26070): 33286849: _scheduleConnectionRetry: starting wakeup timer 10s for msg:aliveMonitor: Connection is dead, retrying in 10 seconds

It keeps dying on me and as soon as I see the proximity sensor it keeps popping up with the logo. I have no macro running

On the error history:

2022-01-01T02:23:22.265469+01:00 bli server: B&O Halo remote (26070): 33286849: socket error: Unreachable host

2022-01-01T02:25:53.663522+01:00 bli server: B&O Halo remote (26070): 33286849: socket error: Unreachable host

2022-01-01T02:32:54.229901+01:00 bli server: B&O Halo remote (26070): 33286849: socket error: Unreachable host

2022-01-01T02:43:04.753775+01:00 bli server: B&O Halo remote (26070): 33286849: socket error: Unreachable host

2022-01-01T02:46:31.520333+01:00 bli server: B&O Halo remote (26070): 33286849: socket error: Unreachable host

2022-01-01T02:50:01.453135+01:00 bli server: B&O Halo remote (26070): 33286849: socket error: Unreachable host

On macro's:

No events or loops.

Northing....

Halo on accespoint active.....However only for 4 hours and 53 minutes

It is a very expensive paperweight, I cannot use this. I will contact my dealer for a wired version I supose.

Chucky

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Jan 2 2022 10:42 AM

chucky:
No events or loops.

How long did you wait? You should always see messages after some time........

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sun, Jan 2 2022 2:03 PM
Carolpa:

How long did you wait? You should always see messages after some time........

Under logs I see more then 1000 lines, it connects to 8 thermostats 3 hue bridges Etc.

But I have no loops in macro”s. I have had this ones it simply kills itself as it is crowded enough with everything I have connected.

On the log I have filtered Halo:

No connection….

As soon as I arrive it wakes but I do not wish to wait 30 seconds to start up.

Page 15 of 16 (636 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > | RSS