Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLiving news & support from Khimo!

This post has 635 Replies | 20 Followers

Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 147
Bronze Member
Alsfeld replied on Thu, Jun 4 2020 9:34 AM

Khimo Support:
On HomeKit integration, there is no specific plan at the moment but we are looking into it.

Any news on Apple HomeKit integration?

I manage all my smart devices at home via Apple HomeKit (e.g. Nuki Smart Lock, Philips hue lights, Netatome and Eve sensors). It would be great to integrate my Bang&Olufsen devices (e.g. setting a cinema mood, or turning everything off when locking the door) respectively to control selected devices with the BeoRemote One.

But as long as Beoliving does not integrate into Apple HomeKit it makes no sense for me to buy it, or? 

Solidsnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Bronze Member

Same here. HomeKit support would be essential for me. 

Styrizo
Not Ranked
Madrid
Posts 45
Bronze Member
Styrizo replied on Thu, Jun 4 2020 3:26 PM

Add me to that list!

Netatmo Cameras, Netatmo Thermostat and Valves plus Legrand with Netatmo light switches and plugs. BV Eclipse and BV 10, plus several Beosound speakers and no way to integrate them Crying

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Sun, Jun 7 2020 1:31 PM

stefan:

Khimo Support:

@Stefan, sorry, we misunderstood you v1.2.4 should solve the DLNA content browsing. The fix is not related with BeoMaster5 - BeoSound5 integration. 

Ok, so you are working on a fix ?

thanks

Stefan

I just tested the new 1.30 version with no luck at all. Album browsing still not working, even categories Artists/Albums/Tracks are not shown anymore as in previous versions. Also KNX shades status info still missing.

I`m back on Beolink2 app, but happy to test coming versions...

Stefan

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

stefan:

I just tested the new 1.30 version with no luck at all. Album browsing still not working, even categories Artists/Albums/Tracks are not shown anymore as in previous versions. Also KNX shades status info still missing.

I`m back on Beolink2 app, but happy to test coming versions...

Stefan

Hello @Stefan

You are subscribed to the "beta version" of the application, v1.3.0 is in an early stage version. If you want, we can remove you from the test group. In any case, please, send all feedback related to the trial version using testflight or support@khimo.com.

Thanks for helping us!

Best,
Khimo's team.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

@Alsfeld @Solidsnake @Styrizo

We can't make any promises right now, but thanks for your feedback, we are always reviewing our roadmap and your feedback is important to us.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Jun 9 2020 12:36 AM

After MANY months, you still do not have the following:

1. Support for Ikea's home automation system. Just make it happen.

2. Proper documentation to explain how you're re-integrating ML support via the driver for MLGW/BLGW. I want to see how this is done before I even consider upgrading to BLI.

It's been far too long! I'm losing faith in Khimo as a B&O partner.

Miki Sesevic
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Gold Member

Hi!

I recently installed a BeoLiving Intelligence and I am using it in Essential mode. Currently I mainly use it to control all lights (Philips Hue) in the house.

I want to set Scenes for some of my products to start at a specific time. For example my BV12 in the living room should start at 19:30 on channel 1 and volume 20. The Beosound Stage should start at 07:00 to play TuneIn with volume 2.

All of the above is working well except for the volume. The products don't start with the volume I specified in the Scene, they seem to start with the volume that the product was playing when it was turned off. So it is not even using the default start volume.

What do I have to do so that the products will start with the volume that I have set in my Scene?

Thank you!

Miki

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Thu, Jun 11 2020 2:15 PM

Khimo Support:

stefan:

..but happy to test coming versions...

Stefan

Hello @Stefan
..If you want, we can remove you from the test group....

Thanks for helping us!

Best,
Khimo's team.

maybe just another misunderstanding - "happy to test coming versions" does NOT mean, that I want to be "removed" from the test group...

And ofcourse, I sent reports and screenshots... via testflight, but sometimes this communication didn`t work, but I will try harder...

Thanks for letting me help you

Stefan

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Jun 12 2020 10:44 AM

Hello Khimo Team,

I have expanded my setup a lot the last two months thanks to the Fibaro driver. It is now two days that I bumped on an issue with a Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 and I need your help. Lowering the shade works like a charm. Stopping the shade also works flawlessly. The problem is with raising the shade. If the shade is not all the way down then the raise command sent from the BLI to the HC2 gives the following message "ID 89: Application rejected request". If the raise button of the HC2 application is used then the shade is raised without any problem.

Thanks in advance

Tasos

Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 147
Bronze Member
Alsfeld replied on Fri, Jun 12 2020 11:25 AM

beojeff:

Offering an integration into Apple Homekit, would make your life much easier.
There are so many home automation system suppliers on the market, a small company like khimo will not even manage to integrate the most important once. So just give up, that everything has to be integrated into your system!

"Just" offer an integration into Apple Homekit, and let the smart home management be done in the Apple Homekit. Even so your system probably offers more and better functionalities for B&O products, Apple Homekit never will manage. Nevertheless you would open beoliving to a new customer group. And I am sure you would sell a lot of Beoliving Intelligence Essentials, additionally.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Jun 14 2020 4:02 PM

Alsfeld:

beojeff:

Offering an integration into Apple Homekit, would make your life much easier.
There are so many home automation system suppliers on the market, a small company like khimo will not even manage to integrate the most important once. So just give up, that everything has to be integrated into your system!

"Just" offer an integration into Apple Homekit, and let the smart home management be done in the Apple Homekit. Even so your system probably offers more and better functionalities for B&O products, Apple Homekit never will manage. Nevertheless you would open beoliving to a new customer group. And I am sure you would sell a lot of Beoliving Intelligence Essentials, additionally.

I don't agree. Have a proper driver for the BLGW gives far more control than integration with HomeKit. The HomeKit app is horribly basic and not something that I ever use. The beauty of the BLGW is that it can bridge together different systems and allow us to incorporate them in macros.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

@Stefan, thanks to you! Best.-

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Miki:
I want to set Scenes for some of my products to start at a specific time. For example my BV12 in the living room should start at 19:30 on channel 1 and volume 20. The Beosound Stage should start at 07:00 to play TuneIn with volume 2.

Hello @Miki

Currently, the B&O Products only accepts the VOLUME command while they are playing, we have already reported this to B&O.

Best,
Khimo's team.

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Tue, Jun 16 2020 9:37 AM

There are several workarounds to get it working what Miki wants.

First: select on the Beovidion the requested channel and volume. Then switch of the Beovidion. After that then make a macro in the setup of the BLGW and capture the command while putting on the tv. Tehn store the macro.

Second: use a macro with set volume and channel with differ-commands.

That's the way I use it every morning. Sucˆ. BeoHut

Miki Sesevic
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Gold Member

Thank you very much for your answer!

I wish I could solve it the way you describe but I am using a BeoLiving Intelligence in Essential mode and do not have the possibility to use macros as far as I know...

kmortenesi
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member

Maybe you can switch to a Beolink Gateway instead? Or go with the "advanced mode" where you can actually program your systems as you like it? I love my Gateway I must say.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Just bought the intelligence and it’s delivered tomorrow.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:
Just bought the intelligence and it’s delivered tomorrow.

Congratulations!

You can write to support@khimo.com if you need any help!

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Thank you very much for that.

I was a Bata tester for the BLGW for many years so I should be OK Big Smile

In fact the IP65 biolock driver on the site was originally for my front door.

Just bought a hue bridge starter kit and hue button.

All being delivered tomorrow.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Ok Team I have a question

I want to put a small cheap tablet next to my Sofa running the beoliving app permanently.

It would be nice if it detected movement for the screen to come on but not necessary.

What is the best tablet to buy to just run the beoliving app, a table stand would be great also.

Cheers

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:
What is the best tablet to buy to just run the BeoLiving app, a table stand would be great also.

Any iPad will be good!

B&O made a great aluminum TableTop stand, please, ask your dealer.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi there

Wicked thank you!

My question was because I believe older iPads cannot have the up to date version of the IOS and the app says it works from 10.3 i think.

Also next question i want to order a camera for outside / on the front door, i believe it needs to support ONVIF is that correct?

I also want to ask, if i have a ONVIF camera on my home network can i buy one that will also save video to a DVR at the same time?

What is the best brand that works with BLI

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:
My question was because I believe older iPads cannot have the up to date version of the IOS and the app says it works from 10.3 i think.

Currently, iOS 10.3 is the minimum requirement, but that may change in the future as Apple evolves their SDK, so if you can get something newer it will work for a longer time.

Seanie_230:
I also want to ask, if i have a ONVIF camera on my home network can i buy one that will also save video to a DVR at the same time?

Is not a requirement, any MP4/MJPEG camera, that allows you to access the video stream using a URL, should work.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Khimo Support:

Congratulations!

You can write to support@khimo.com if you need any help!

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Turns out i need loads of help.

First problem was nothing would see the BLI so i had to use a fixed IP but could not login so had to factory restore.

Beoliving app is not automatically finding the BLI

Beoliving app does not control bang and Olufsen products

BLI keeps disappearing out of connection from App and have to restart app.

TV’s keep loosing the ability to see the BLI and forward light commands to it, one minuet its there and then its not.

Normal bang and Olufsen app is working just fine with all products.

Edit: another problem the zones don’t show what’s playing or they do and then it drops off, if for example Deezer is playing on the avant 55 the app asks to select a source sometimes and then other times it see’s I have Deezer on but will not let me do anything with it.

On a positive note Philips hue works just fine and control is seamless via app.

Edit- it discovers bulbs and duplicates them

Thank you

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
BLI reports in the app that the time is 1724 which is an hour and a half ago.

It also says when i set the time zone to Europe London that my iPad and BLI are in different time zones.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hello @Seanie
We already answered you by email.
Best,
the Khimo's team.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hello all

After all of the problems turns out that the Plusnet one router blocks multicast traffic between router ports on its own switch.

A £15 TP-Link switch fixed it and everything is working as normal.

Now its time to buy some other bits :)

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:
After all of the problems turns out that the Plusnet one router blocks multicast traffic between router ports on its own switch.

A £15 TP-Link switch fixed it and everything is working as normal.

Thanks for the update!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Jul 17 2020 7:03 PM

Sorry to bother you again with this question, but can you say anything about Home Control for the LG/Stage combo? Is it on the roadmap?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

1990:
Sorry to bother you again with this question, but can you say anything about Home Control for the LG/Stage combo? Is it on the roadmap?

Sorry, but we can't comment on that, maybe you can ask B&O support?

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Tue, Jul 21 2020 8:17 AM
Since the latest App update, ML-based products can’t be controlled anymore....

Thank you Khimo, that’s a great improvement! Super Angry
Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Griebel:
Since the latest App update, ML-based products can’t be controlled anymore....

Dear Griebel,

You are using a beta version of the BLI and the app. As we told you in an email last week, yesterday we released a new version of the BLI and the app. This new release candidate, breaks compatibility with the previous ones, so you should update both at the same time (BLI/BLA). As we also told you, we now moved the MasterLink Gateway Protocol driver to the firmware. 

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Tue, Jul 21 2020 9:04 PM

I'm sorry, but I can't control the ML products anymore. Updated the App, but there is no update for the BLI.

Yesterday everything worked fine, today nothing works re ML products. Even a beta version should not be a downgrade.

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Tue, Jul 21 2020 9:04 PM

I'm sorry, but I can't control the ML products anymore. Updated the App, but there is no update for the BLI.

Yesterday everything worked fine, today nothing works re ML products. Even a beta version should not be a downgrade.

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:14 PM

I was testing the wrong beta version. No wonder it didn't work Angry

Now with the correct version, everything is back to normal and I can see the improvements!

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Jul 23 2020 7:16 AM

Hello to everyone,

I am trying to upgrade to the last firmware for three days now but after the completion of the download I get a message that there was an error downloading the new firmware. I am currently on the 2.0.1.514 firmware. Furthermore I am trying to reach the khimo team through the beta feedback channel but I don't know if they get my messages. I have mentioned many times through the beta feedback channel that there is no state feedback from the Fibaro system. For example the lamp icon shows that the lights are off even when they are on, the shutters icon shows the shutters up although they are down. The slider for the dimmer works but after some seconds it goes to zero. Moreover the slider of the dimmer at the BLI part has a span from 0 to 100, the Fibaro 0 to 99 as a result if the slider is moved all the way (100) the dimmer doesn't turn on.

Could you please address these issues?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Tassos:
I am currently on the 2.0.1.514 firmw

Can you please send to us your serial number by email (support@khimo.com)?

Tassos:
  there is no state feedback from the Fibaro system.

Does this never worked for you or it started to fail after a while? Can you check which Fibaro OS are you using?

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Jul 23 2020 9:02 PM

Hello guys 

I have just sent you my serial number via email. The software version of my fibaro hc2 is 4.600. There are times that everything works but after a while it stops.

Thanks a lot

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
So Khimo team

Will the BLI work with the new Beoremote-Halo in some way?

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Page 7 of 16 (636 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS