Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLiving news & support from Khimo!

This post has 635 Replies | 20 Followers

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Normann:
In the BeoLiving app (version 1.5.4.533) I no longer have the possibility to log on to Tune In or make   choice on selecting a radio station.

We just reproduced the problem, we are working to solve it.

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 277
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Mon, Mar 9 2020 7:30 PM

Khimo Support:

Normann:
In the BeoLiving app (version 1.5.4.533) I no longer have the possibility to log on to Tune In or make   choice on selecting a radio station.

We just reproduced the problem, we are working to solve it.

Thank you for the quick respons Smile

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Mar 12 2020 9:05 AM

Hello Khimo Team, can you give us any information on Beosound Balance and how it is going to be integrated (if it is going to be integrated) with the BLI?

Thank you

Tasos

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Normann:

Today we released a new version that solved the TuneIn issue that we were able to reproduce and some other minor issues. Please, after updating it, let us know if it is working better for you.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Tassos:
Hello Khimo Team, can you give us any information on Beosound Balance and how it is going to be integrated (if it is going to be integrated) with the BLI?

Hi @Tassos,

As we commented before, the current version of BeoSound Balance is not integrated with BLI. This does not mean, in any way, that we will not integrate future B&O products.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Mar 13 2020 7:46 AM

Hello Khimo Team, any news on the support of third-party TVs....?

Oh and thank you for the prompt response on the Beosound Balance question.!!! :-)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Khimo Support:

....the current version of BeoSound Balance is not integrated with BLI. 

Best,

the Khimo team.-

’current version’......that sounds interesting ;-))

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 277
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Sat, Mar 14 2020 9:17 PM

Khimo Support:

Normann:

Today we released a new version that solved the TuneIn issue that we were able to reproduce and some other minor issues. Please, after updating it, let us know if it is working better for you.

Hi.

Looks like you have solved the problem .. Big Smile

kmortenesi
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member

Hello. I am using BeoLink 2 app with no problems. I installed the BeoLiving app but it is unable to connect to by blgw. It finds it immediately but the admin username and password doesn’t work. I can access my blgw just fine from my laptop and BeoLink 2 app. Is there a good reason I would go with the new app? I have various B&O equipment (NL only), as well a Lutron light control. 

Thanks!

morten 

minority
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
minority replied on Mon, Mar 23 2020 9:10 AM

Khimo Support:

Hello everybody!

We are glad to announce that you can now directly integrate Google Assistant with the BeoLiving Intelligence. You will find it listed inside Google Assistant, Home control settings.

Please, let us know how it is working for you!

Best,

The Khimo team.-

Hi! I recently setup my BLGW and have been slowly learning how to configure it. I can't stop smiling when I use it. One of the things that intrigued me was the ability to control my B&O things at home by voice. I have been playing with Google Assistant to turn on a scene via IFTTT, but I've only found the ability to add one IFTTT app to control a scene. This works very well, but I would like to add more Smile;

As per the documentation on voice control, apparently only Alexa is officially supported and the list of commands is extensive. I aimed to achieve the same by adding a IFTTT app for each of the actions I want.   I am new to IFTTT, but am I approaching this all wrong?

My second question relates to the Fibaro driver, relay switches and dimmable switches -

• Switches that are dimmable appear as lights in the BeoLiving app, as well in Google Home

Switches that are dimmable appear as lights. I can turn them on with Google Assistant - but the light turns on with 0% brightness, and then I have to set the brightness. Normally the dimmable light should turn on and then back to it's previously setting. Also in the BeoLiving app, I can't just turn on a light to it's previous setting, I have to move a slider to the right percentage. 

Is this as it should be? (and why?)

• Regular relay switches don't appear at all - they can only be used if you create a scene

I have some lights that are not dimmable and use a regular relay switch. These are not seen as lights in BLGW, but I would like them to appear as lights in the BeoLiving app. Is there any way to change this? The second issue is, if they are not lights, they don't appear as such in the Google Home, with no way to control them.

Hoping you can provide some advice!

Kind regards,

Kasper

JensHauge
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
JensHauge replied on Wed, Mar 25 2020 10:18 PM

Hi Khimo support,

1st quistion: 

I've connected my BLI with my KNX system and want my outdoor light to turn-on after sunset and turn off at 10pm - which works fine with a Macro in BLI. 

Now my issue: after 10pm I want my outdoor KNX PIR to turn on lights 15min in the hours bewteean 10pm until sunrise with a 2nd macro. 

how do do a Macro with an "AND" condition as the EVENT trigger i.e. as I need 2 conditions to be fulfilled??

[EVENT1] if PIR trigger yes
"AND"
[EVENT2] the time is between 10pm and sunset
[COMMAND] then do then do XXX

2nd quistion: 

I've programmed my KNX Wall switch to turn on my B&O sound system in each room (e.g. start spotify) but is there any possibility to get a "text" back from the B&O Core with the Song title or Radio program that I can add to my KNX swithc?

3rd quistion: 

Any plans to allow to us change and modify the Icons on the BLI iPhone APP?

e.g. my wife dont associate the B&O CORE sound system as hidden in a closet with the BeoLab speakers - e.g. it would be more natural with an icon of the actual speaker (e.g. Lab17 in the kitchen and Lap18 for the livingroom etc.) to represent the sund system

for the lights in each room it would great if we could add an ICON as well to visualize what type of lamp a button represent - i.e. if a cealing light, floor lamp, spot etc.

Thanks for the support - happy BLI user!

Jens 

kmortenesi
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Bronze Member

For Q1 you can easily configure separate system modes and the have macros only fire in certain modes. I e.g. have two modes: HomeDay and HomeNight. These are automatic set based on time of day. I have a macro that sets up my living room lighting when I push the Netflix button, but only if mode is HomeNight. Works great

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Fri, Mar 27 2020 8:25 AM

Hi there, I know this thread principally focuses on the BLI, but I was wondering if there was any support to make use of the IR input on the BeoLink Gateway? It would be great to use that as a resource to trigger macros etc. Is that a possibility?

JensHauge
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
JensHauge replied on Tue, Apr 7 2020 11:12 PM

Thanks @ kMortenesi - yes that worked for item #1

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Apr 15 2020 8:54 AM

Hello khimo team, I am changing my Beoplay V1 which served me well all these years. My current setup is using V1 for TV viewing and as the surround decoder for when I use my projector. There are many drawbacks in this setup and the biggest is that the projector's screen unfolds in front of the TV which is nice since I am using the TV's speaker as a center speaker but given that the V1 has only IR control means that while I am using my projector the only way to control the system is the BLI/B&O app (I have tried the lintronik solution (use it like an IR repeater) but I prefer to use as less boxes as possible). There are issues as well when the V1 joins a Beosound Moment I use for music, etc etc. So I decided to move the V1 to the Bed room and get a new one for the living room. If our beloved B&O decided to make a new Beosystem that would incorporate 4K it would be the ultimate solution for me but given that they won't I am thinking of getting an eclipse sound center and pair it with an LG C7 or C9 panel. The reason I go for this solution is that eventually I would like to be able to change the TV screen without having to pay an arm and a leg. 

So I would like to know the following:

How the sound center is going to be identified from the BLI? As a TV or as a sound source?

Will the home control screen be available to both C7 and C9 panel? To none of them? to one of them?

I am currently using one of the macros available to your site which uses the TV screens as doorbell screens. Will this work the same way with such a setup?

Will controlling the new setup be done the same way as it would be with an eclipse?

Thank you

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

JensHauge:

1st quistion:

how do a Macro with an "AND" condition as the EVENT trigger i.e. as I need 2 conditions to be fulfilled??

2nd quistion:

I've programmed my KNX Wall switch to turn on my B&O sound system in each room (e.g. start spotify) but is there any possibility to get a "text" back from the B&O Core with the Song title or Radio program that I can add to my KNX swithc?

3rd quistion:

Any plans to allow to us change and modify the Icons on the BLI iPhone APP?

Thanks for the support - happy BLI user!

Dear @JensHauge,

Q1: as @kmortenesi suggested, the easiest solution is to have a system mode for "night" and add set your macro to only work in the "night" mode, you should also create the macros to set and unset the night mode. Another option is to create a LUA macro, but will be more complex.

Q2: Using LUA macros, you can copy a state value from a resource (the core as an example) to a KNX resource (group address). But, we don't support string "group address", so you will not be able to send the string :(. You can send a "playing" or "stop" signal maybe? You can find all the supported KNX resources at https://khimo.github.io/help_drivers/KNX/#address

Q3: Currently it is not in our roadmap, but we know that you have a good point.

Best,

the Khimo support.-

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

---

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Tassos:
How the sound center is going to be identified from the BLI? As a TV or as a sound source?

Hi Tassos!

The BeoVision Eclipse SoundCenter is a normal Eclipse TV from the BLI point of view, it will be identified as a TV.

The Home control screen is available on the BeoVision Eclipse SoundCenter (C7) so you will also be able to get the doorbell on the screen. All this is rendered by the TV.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, Apr 21 2020 6:33 PM

Khimo Support:

Tassos:

Hi Tassos!

The BeoVision Eclipse SoundCenter is a normal Eclipse TV from the BLI point of view, it will be identified as a TV.

The Home control screen is available on the BeoVision Eclipse SoundCenter (C7) so you will also be able to get the doorbell on the screen. All this is rendered by the TV.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Thank you for the response! Will the home control screen be available for newer panels than the c7? 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Apr 21 2020 9:37 PM

Tassos:

Thank you for the response! Will the home control screen be available for newer panels than the c7? 

@Khimo Could you also elaborate on the availability of the Home Control-menu for the Stage (with or without LG C9/CX)? 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Apr 22 2020 4:32 AM

Khimo Support:

Tassos:

Hi Tassos!

Best,

the Khimo team.-

It would be nice to see you work with B&O in updating all of the BeoVisions and BeoSystem 4 with regard to the Home Control feature. As it is now, it's cluttered and unusable. It needs to be organized for separate buttons for "lights," "shades," "thermostat/fans," "scenes," and "cameras."

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Apr 24 2020 9:45 AM

Hello again,

I am experiencing a strange behavior of the BLI app as far as DLNA is concerned. I am running twonky on a PC (music files are stored in a NAS) and whilst I can have access to all my saved music via them B&O app and the Moment tablet I can not access all of my music from the BLI app. For example: The albums are there but when I "open" an album it has no content. If I access the same album from the B&O app or the Moment tablet all files are there.

Any ideas?

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Fri, Apr 24 2020 4:12 PM

Apologies if this has already been covered: is the nest driver still working (for new users) now google has withdrawn support for “works with nest”? I’m struggling to set up the link.

many thanks

Luke

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Apr 24 2020 7:44 PM

L Spad :

Apologies if this has already been covered: is the nest driver still working (for new users) now google has withdrawn support for “works with nest”? I’m struggling to set up the link.

Hi Luke,

Unfortunately that feature has been discontinued.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Sat, Apr 25 2020 5:40 PM

Tassos:

Hello again,

I am experiencing a strange behavior of the BLI app as far as DLNA is concerned. I am running twonky on a PC (music files are stored in a NAS) and whilst I can have access to all my saved music via them B&O app and the Moment tablet I can not access all of my music from the BLI app. For example: The albums are there but when I "open" an album it has no content. If I access the same album from the B&O app or the Moment tablet all files are there.

Any ideas?

Any ideas on this one??

And one more question, which fibaro gateways are compatible with the bli?

thanks 😁

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Apr 25 2020 7:51 PM

Tassos:
The albums are there but when I "open" an album it has no content. If I access the same album from the B&O app or the Moment tablet all files are there.
Since one of the last updates I also do experience this phenomenon. Mostly after closing and restarting the app the content is visible again. But still a little bit annoying ........... and not seen before.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi @Tassos and @Carolpa,

Which version of the app are you using?

Thanks in advance,

the Khimo team.-

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Mon, Apr 27 2020 3:44 PM

Khimo Support:

Hi @Tassos and @Carolpa,

Which version of the app are you using?

Thanks in advance,

the Khimo team.-

Hello I am using 1.2.2 (106)

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Mon, Apr 27 2020 4:08 PM

I am using 1.2.2(106)

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Mon, Apr 27 2020 6:18 PM

I'm on 1.2.3 build 107

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Apr 30 2020 9:32 AM

@Khimo Can you expand the Github to explain the Google Home integration and what you can achieve with this?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi @Tassos and @Caropla,

We are working on the UPNP issue, can you send us a small video of the application, while you reproduce the issue, to support@khimo.com?

Also, after reproducing the problem, please send us the app logs: (you must have an email configured on your iOS device and in our app go to Settings -> Alerts -> Send logs).

Thanks in advance,

Khimo's team.

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Sat, May 2 2020 5:03 PM

Carolpa:

Tassos:
The albums are there but when I "open" an album it has no content. If I access the same album from the B&O app or the Moment tablet all files are there.
Since one of the last updates I also do experience this phenomenon. Mostly after closing and restarting the app the content is visible again. But still a little bit annoying ........... and not seen before.

Same here with my BS5 - album cover there but only searching for content.

Works properly on Beolink 2 app.

I’m on 1.2.3

Stefan

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sun, May 17 2020 10:14 AM

Will the Home Control screen be available on the Stage+LG combo in future?

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
Posts 271
Bronze Member
L Spad replied on Mon, May 18 2020 9:57 AM

Hi all, I’ve recently upgraded from the mlgw to the BLGW and I absolutely love it. The home control overlay is a great addition, and the home integration protocol is great - having previously mastered the mlgw protocol it has some limitations (No light or command telegrams), but communication in plain text is more intuitive than the old HEX protocol.

My only other small complaint is the documentation, which is in some cases a little patchy, especially for community supplied drivers. Specifically 

1. the Rachio driver needs my API key. I have the key but there is no input field to enter it on the systems tab. The documentation provides zero information on where I should enter the API key. Does anyone have any advice?

2. The generic home automation dimmers driver is fantastic, but the protocol is not well described in the help. What is the appropriate ’pong’ response to a ’0,0,0’ “ping” for example? The protocol appears to support HVAC devices but there is no information at all on this integration. Does anyone have further info?

3. Is there a complete list of commands that can be sent and interpreted on the Home Integration Protocol anywhere? At present I’m making macros to copy and paste the right commands to send from my automation server. That works but is not particularly convenient

i must say the support provided by Khimo is first rate and this thread is a really welcome part of that

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

L Spad :

My only other small complaint is the documentation, which is in some cases a little patchy, especially for community supplied drivers. Specifically 

1. the Rachio driver needs my API key. I have the key but there is no input field to enter it on the systems tab. The documentation provides zero information on where I should enter the API key. Does anyone have any advice?

2. The generic home automation dimmers driver is fantastic, but the protocol is not well described in the help. What is the appropriate ’pong’ response to a ’0,0,0’ “ping” for example? The protocol appears to support HVAC devices but there is no information at all on this integration. Does anyone have further info?

3. Is there a complete list of commands that can be sent and interpreted on the Home Integration Protocol anywhere? At present I’m making macros to copy and paste the right commands to send from my automation server. That works but is not particularly convenient

i must say the support provided by Khimo is first rate and this thread is a really welcome part of that

Hello!

Community drivers are provided by users, someone made it and shared it with us, so others could use it, but we don't have the hardware to test it.

Regarding Rachio, it looks like it is quite incomplete, if you want to help us to test, we can try to improve it. Please, contact us at support AT khimo.com.

Regarding generic dimmers, looking at the code, it is just waiting for a "\r" ([0x0d]).

HIP is a really thin protocol that accepts all the "MACRO" commands that are defined for each resource that is configured in the BLI. So, each setup has different commands and the list really depends on your configuration. The quickest way to find them is through the macro editor, as you have already found out.

As a general comment, all the documents at https://khimo.github.io have a link at the bottom that allows you to "Edit the document" on github, if any of you see something that could be improved and wants to collaborate, you are more than welcome to edit it and send us the change pull request!  We will always work to make it better from our side.

Best,
the Khimo team.-

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

stefan:

Carolpa:

Tassos:

Same here with my BS5 - album cover there but only searching for content.

Works properly on Beolink 2 app.

I’m on 1.2.3

Stefan

Can you test now? With the latest release. Thanks.-

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, May 19 2020 8:49 AM

Already tested a week ago on 1.2.4 - doesn’t work.

you have a report with screenshot via testflight.

Stefan

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

@Stefan, sorry, we misunderstood you v1.2.4 should solve the DLNA content browsing. The fix is not related with BeoMaster5 - BeoSound5 integration. 

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, May 19 2020 2:22 PM

Khimo Support:

@Stefan, sorry, we misunderstood you v1.2.4 should solve the DLNA content browsing. The fix is not related with BeoMaster5 - BeoSound5 integration. 

Ok, so you are working on a fix ?

thanks

Stefan

Page 6 of 16 (636 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS