Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLiving news & support from Khimo!

This post has 635 Replies | 20 Followers

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Jan 29 2020 11:48 AM

Hello,

I have recently installed a Rako RMT-Pill to control my lights. I have made a macro to turn them on and off using a virtual button with led. When I press the button lights turn on. When I hold the button the lights should turn off but they start dimming a bit but then they stop and turn on again. If I fire the command from the BLI interface everything works fine. Also everything works fine if I send the command through the Rako app from my phone.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Anastasios

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:

You didn't answer the second part of my question. Is there any advantage to using a BLGW over an MLGW with the BLI?

Hi beojeff,

There is no advantage, the driver behaves the same if the MasterLink interface is a BLGW or a MLGW.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Tassos:

Hello,

I have recently installed a Rako RMT-Pill to control my lights. I have made a macro to turn them on and off using a virtual button with led. When I press the button lights turn on. When I hold the button the lights should turn off but they start dimming a bit but then they stop and turn on again. If I fire the command from the BLI interface everything works fine. Also everything works fine if I send the command through the Rako app from my phone.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Anastasios

Hi Anastasios,

When you say "when I hold the button", you mean on the BLI app?

Can you share your macro configuration so we can take a look at it? (a couple of screenshots will do)

Best,

the Khimo team.-

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Jan 29 2020 1:25 PM

Could multiple MLGW/BLGW be used with the BLI? For example, if someone wanted to reduce the lengths of ML cabling throughout his home. In addition to my BLGW, I have 2 MLGWs in storage that I'm not currently using.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

DocLeisure:

Hello Khimo Team,

thanks for the answer and sorry for insisting ;-)

Does "on the first Version" mean that there are further versions in planning that would offer an extended experience for the BeoSound 5 - covers, search & PlayQue.

Really looking forward - please.make it possible!

Best regards

Doc Leisure

Hi Doc,

Direct play queue management on the BeoSound 5 from the ML driver is not on our current roadmap, but it is a feature that could be added if there is interest from the users.

Best regards,

the Khimo team.- 

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:

Could multiple MLGW/BLGW be used with the BLI? For example, if someone wanted to reduce the lengths of ML cabling throughout his home. In addition to my BLGW, I have 2 MLGWs in storage that I'm not currently using.

Hi beojeff,

From the BLI perspective, it is perfectly possible: you should add a system per BLGW/MLGW and configure the addresses and resources for each one.

Regarding the ML side, you could create separate ML networks, and assign the node numbers on each separately (note that is something we have not tried or tested yet).

Best regards,

the Khimo team.-

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Jan 29 2020 2:19 PM

Khimo Support:

Tassos:

Hello,

Any ideas?

Thank you

Anastasios

Hi Anastasios,

When you say "when I hold the button", you mean on the BLI app?

Can you share your macro configuration so we can take a look at it? (a couple of screenshots will do)

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Thanks for the prompt response.

Yes I mean the button on the BLI app.

The event and command are as follows:

Event 

-
Main/Family Room/BUTTON/Lights/
HOLD
-
Main/Family Room/AV renderer/BeoPlay-V1/
Light?Action=Continue&Command=FUNCTION_15

Add event Capture Close

CommandWait ( s / ms )

Main/Family Room/BUTTON/Lights/
_SET STATE?STATE=0
Main/Family Room/DIMMER/*/
SET?LEVEL=0
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Jan 29 2020 2:37 PM

Khimo Support:

beojeff:

Hi beojeff,

From the BLI perspective, it is perfectly possible: you should add a system per BLGW/MLGW and configure the addresses and resources for each one.

Regarding the ML side, you could create separate ML networks, and assign the node numbers on each separately (note that is something we have not tried or tested yet).

Best regards,

the Khimo team.-

I would think that each ML network would need to have its own system on the BLI.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:

I would think that each ML network would need to have its own system on the BLI.

Hi beojeff,

Yes, I tried to mean that on the previous post: one MLGW/BLGW per ML network, and one system on the BLI per MLGW/BLGW.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Jan 29 2020 2:55 PM

Khimo Support:

beojeff:

Hi beojeff,

Yes, I tried to mean that on the previous post: one MLGW/BLGW per ML network, and one system on the BLI per MLGW/BLGW.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Ah. So you can add multiple systems of the driver on the BLI?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:

Ah. So you can add multiple systems of the driver on the BLI?

Yes!

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Jan 31 2020 11:05 AM

Any news on the Rako RMT-PILL issue?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Tassos:

Hi Tassos,

We made some tests and the PRESS/HOLD cycle works as expected. Please note that when you HOLD a button, you are also pressing it, though sending 2 events: PRESS followed by HOLD (and an eventual RELEASE). Maybe this fact is causing the misbehavior on your lights?

What you could do is make the button led follow the state of the light (on when the lights are on and viceversa), and turn on or off the lights in the same macro.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Jan 31 2020 5:11 PM

Khimo Support:

Tassos:

Hi Tassos,

We made some tests and the PRESS/HOLD cycle works as expected. Please note that when you HOLD a button, you are also pressing it, though sending 2 events: PRESS followed by HOLD (and an eventual RELEASE). Maybe this fact is causing the misbehavior on your lights?

What you could do is make the button led follow the state of the light (on when the lights are on and viceversa), and turn on or off the lights in the same macro.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Hello again, do you mean something like this?

function(event, engine)
  -- Define the resource address in your project:
  local dimmer_level_address = "Main/Family Room/DIMMER/*"
  local lights_button_address = "Main/Family Room/BUTTON/Lights"

-- Get dimmer level
   local dimmer_level = engine.query(dimmer_level_address)[1]

if dimmer_level.get("LEVEL") == "0" then
       -- the lights button led is off!
       engine.fire(lights_button_address .. "/_SET STATE?STATE=0")
   else
       -- the lights button led is on!
       engine.fire(lights_button_address .. "/_SET STATE?STATE=1")
   end

end

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Tassos:

Hello again, do you mean something like this?

function(event, engine)
  -- Define the resource address in your project:
  local dimmer_level_address = "Main/Family Room/DIMMER/*"
  local lights_button_address = "Main/Family Room/BUTTON/Lights"

-- Get dimmer level
   local dimmer_level = engine.query(dimmer_level_address)[1]

if dimmer_level.get("LEVEL") == "0" then
       -- the lights button led is off!
       engine.fire(lights_button_address .. "/_SET STATE?STATE=0")
   else
       -- the lights button led is on!
       engine.fire(lights_button_address .. "/_SET STATE?STATE=1")
   end

end

Hi Tassos,

Yes, if that macro gets fired every time the DIMMER on Family Room is updated, then the led of the BUTTON named Lights will be updated as well.

Note that this may not work if you have several DIMMERs on the Family Room, since you are checking against the state of the first one...

Best regards,

the Khimo team.-

jg1976
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
jg1976 replied on Sat, Feb 1 2020 10:16 AM

Dear Khimo,

I hope this is an easy question for you to answer, maybe very basic however i just recently updated from MLGW to NLGW...
In both app beolink 2 & beoliving it always pop up ”select a tab to control your room” and ”select a source to start listening”. Most annoying.. how can I disable this? 
Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Sat, Feb 8 2020 4:02 PM

Hello all,

is there any way that I can match basic ir commands from a beoremote one to an stb not supported from the puc database? For example when I press the P+ button on my beoremote one the "channel up" command is sent from my ip2ir itach ir blaster.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Feb 8 2020 4:29 PM

Tassos:

Hello all,

is there any way that I can match basic ir commands from a beoremote one to an stb not supported from the puc database? For example when I press the P+ button on my beoremote one the "channel up" command is sent from my ip2ir itach ir blaster.

The Global Caché Itach IR transmitter is a good solution. With it, you can use macros to blast just about any IR command to anything. The IR codes for most common devices are found on their website. You just cut and paste them into the system resource on the BLGW. If the IR codes are not on their website, you can use the device to learn them -- with mixed results.

Note that when requested to use a paperclip into the hole on the global caché device you MUST actually use a METAL paperclip and not one coated with plastic. They fail to tell you this detail.

However, I've found that BeoCare is fairly good about adding entries into the PUC database when requested. 

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Sun, Feb 9 2020 11:23 AM

beojeff:

Tassos:

Hello all,

The Global Caché Itach IR transmitter is a good solution. With it, you can use macros to blast just about any IR command to anything. The IR codes for most common devices are found on their website. You just cut and paste them into the system resource on the BLGW. If the IR codes are not on their website, you can use the device to learn them -- with mixed results.

Note that when requested to use a paperclip into the hole on the global caché device you MUST actually use a METAL paperclip and not one coated with plastic. They fail to tell you this detail.

However, I've found that BeoCare is fairly good about adding entries into the PUC database when requested. 

Thanks for the reply. I have already copied the ir commands. My question is how to make the P+ button of the beoremote one trigger an action. It is not available as an event.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Tassos:

Hi @Tassos!

As described by @beojeff, you can create macros that use global cache to send IR commands, but you cannot activate the macros with the normal P+ button of your BeoRemote One.

You can only use the Light and Control commands from the BeoRemote as macro triggers. In the following link you can find more details and an example of activating a macro with a Light commands: https://khimo.github.io/bli-guides/how-tos/howto-OneRemote-BLI

Best,

the Khimo team.-

gandhilovkesh
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Hello All 

i need to know how i can control shades, lighting, CCTV, NON B&o Tv like LG Tv,Network Drive,HVAC.

do i need to use control4, crestron, processor devices to control all the equipment?

any another knowledge if available for this then please share, or anyone is using BLI on their site or at there residence please share Video and Photos.

Many Thanks

Lovkesh 

+919992906767

Aleksei
Top 500 Contributor
Russia
Posts 84
Bronze Member
Aleksei replied on Thu, Feb 13 2020 12:17 PM

I would love to use this driver too.

The module looks very promising.

https://beointegration.wordpress.com/

1:BV7+BL7.1+BS4+BL6000+BV6+BL2000+MLGW+Beo4

2:BV7+BL7.4+BL3500+BM5+BL3+Lutron GE/Sivoia QS+HikVision+Dune+LinTronic+BLGW+Beo4+Beo5+Essence remote+BeoTime+BeoLinkPC+BL4+KNX+... BeoMaster900

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Feb 17 2020 11:10 PM

Do you have a timeframe for when you will be working on a driver for the Ikea Tradfri? There are others on this forum who have expressed an interest in this driver.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

gandhilovkesh:
i need to know how i can control shades, lighting, CCTV, NON B&o Tv like LG Tv,Network Drive,HVAC.

Hello @gandhilovkesh,

The BLI can control many devices (eg: KNX, Lutron Shades and Dimmers, etc).

You can find a list of all currently supported systems at: https://khimo.github.io/help_drivers

In addition, if a controller is not available for a given system, if the system has a serial or HTTP protocol, it is generally possible to obtain a basic integration using the "Custom Strings" or "Custom HTTP" drivers.

Best regards,
the Khimo team.-

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:

Do you have a timeframe for when you will be working on a driver for the Ikea Tradfri? There are others on this forum who have expressed an interest in this driver.

Hi @beojeff,

There is still no official and open API for Ikea Trådfri.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Feb 18 2020 10:41 AM

Khimo Support:

beojeff:

Hi @beojeff,

There is still no official and open API for Ikea Trådfri.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Perhaps taking a look here might help:

https://learn.pimoroni.com/tutorial/sandyj/controlling-ikea-tradfri-lights-from-your-pi

jg1976
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
jg1976 replied on Sat, Feb 29 2020 3:49 PM
Dear Khimo!

In Beoliving App, when I start to play a playlist from Deezer, it only put 26 tracks in queue?

After those 26 tracks has played it will stop.

Is it possible to do so ”all” the tracks will be in queue (normally you have more than 26...)
jg1976
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
jg1976 replied on Sat, Feb 29 2020 3:50 PM
Sorry, forget to mention I am playing from beosound core... In Beolink Network..
Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

jg1976:
Dear Khimo!

In Beoliving App, when I start to play a playlist from Deezer, it only put 26 tracks in queue?

After those 26 tracks has played it will stop.

Is it possible to do so ”all” the tracks will be in queue (normally you have more than 26...)

Hi @jg1976,

In the next release, it will be possible to add all the tracks at once.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

jg1976
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
jg1976 replied on Tue, Mar 3 2020 12:57 PM

Thank you soo much!!! 

Michael
Top 500 Contributor
Atlanta
Posts 98
Founder
Michael replied on Tue, Mar 3 2020 3:25 PM

Being a casual Khimo question I didn't think this needed a whole new thread but I was just curious of how the Collapse command for macros is envisioned to be utilized.

I understand the description but wasn't sure when it might be appropriate.

Michael
Top 500 Contributor
Atlanta
Posts 98
Founder
Michael replied on Tue, Mar 3 2020 3:25 PM

Double post.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Michael:

Being a casual Khimo question I didn't think this needed a whole new thread but I was just curious of how the Collapse command for macros is envisioned to be utilized.

COLLAPSE will execute all remaining commands in a (possibly) ongoing macro, but with no Wait delays between commands. Therefore, the macro execution ends fast and all the commands are sent.

Imagine you have a macro that runs a long demonstration that must finish at the user's request. If you simply CANCEL it, you can leave things in an unknown state, in contrast, if you COLLAPSE it, you are sure that you will reach the final state, because all commands are sent.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Mar 5 2020 8:20 AM

So the new BeoSound Balance has been announced, and it doesn't feature Multiroom.

So now I'm curious what the way forward is for the BLI. Plug a Core into the Line-in as a quick fix? Or will the BLI use the Homekit/Google Home api's as well in future?

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 218
Bronze Member
PaulGiles replied on Fri, Mar 6 2020 10:25 PM
Is there no ability to actually speak to anyone at Khimo?

Seems ludicrous that distant emails and a forum are the only way of communication?

I have made repeated requests to get remote support or speak to someone yet all I receive is an email reply a couple days later.

Not what I expect for the money paid for the PRO subscription.
Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 277
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Mon, Mar 9 2020 6:57 AM

In the Beoliving app (version 1.5.4.533) I no longer have the possibility to log on to Tune In or make   choice on selecting a radio station.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Dear Paul,

You can call to the phone listed in our webpage, but it is generally better to contact us by email at support@khimo.com, by sending a full description of your problem and attaching a service report. In any case, we can always coordinate an online meeting if it is needed.

With respect to the PRO update, just to clarify, it is a software license that enables the full power of our hardware, including remote access. It is not a subscription.

Best regards,
the Khimo team.-

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Normann:
In the BeoLiving app (version 1.5.4.533) I no longer have the possibility to log on to Tune In or make   choice on selecting a radio station.

Hi @Normann,

Are you using the BLGW or the BLI?

In the case of BLGW, you must configure the TuneIn credentials directly on the audio product (for example: Use of BeoTool), the BeoLiving application will only list the favorite stations that you have defined in the TuneIn account registered in the AV product.

Best,

The Khimo team.-

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

1990:

So now I'm curious what the way forward is for the BLI. Plug a Core into the Line-in as a quick fix? Or will the BLI use the Homekit/Google Home api's as well in future?

Hi @1990

Currently, BeoSound Balance is not integrated with the BLI, but this does not mean that all future B&O products will not be integrable.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 277
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Mon, Mar 9 2020 3:31 PM

Khimo Support:

Normann:
In the BeoLiving app (version 1.5.4.533) I no longer have the possibility to log on to Tune In or make   choice on selecting a radio station.

Hi @Normann,

Are you using the BLGW or the BLI?

In the case of BLGW, you must configure the TuneIn credentials directly on the audio product (for example: Use of BeoTool), the BeoLiving application will only list the favorite stations that you have defined in the TuneIn account registered in the AV product.

Best,

The Khimo team.-

I am using the BLGW.

The TuneIn works just fine with the Bang Olufsen app, so the credentials should be correct registrated on the product (A9).

Page 5 of 16 (636 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS