Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New products in the next 6-12 months

This post has 382 Replies | 10 Followers

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member

Dear Dude1,

Thank you for that very positive posting.

I agree it has been a struggle for all and its not just B&O who have gone back to the drawing board with regard to their product range and their business strategy. I think amongst all the doom and gloom (I am as guilty as the next man) i think B&O are shrewd and have been through recessions a number of times. The company is not just a bunch of engineers and managers converged in a room making decisions in isolation. All the workers have a say - workers from top to bottom are tasked to take products home, test them, make suggestions and give feedback. B&O know timeis of the essence and they need to deliver some solid and beuatiful products in the coming year if they are not to fail.

The best we can do is start to change the tone of our postings to make the forum a fertile place for newbies to be encouraged and explore future product discussions and purchases.

It's very easy to say "they did this and that bad" but to come up with suggestions of how to help them change with concrete ideas is more difficult. The other thing we can do as an opinionated bunch who want to see B&O do better is to actually post in drawings, sketches for product design and ideas. I have seen some functionality/enginnering that other manufacturers have mastered and I will be posting these to B&O in the next week so they can use it generate ideas with their design and engineering team.

P.S.

Talk of a new top speaker and new audio product has got me saving since March...very excited.

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 1:50 PM

seethroughyou:

I think amongst all the doom and gloom (I am as guilty as the next man)....

We need to remember that we are historic, current and potential purchasers. We're not trolls. We're some of the most pro-active purchasers of B&O in the industry. If we're somewhat gloomy at times, then it's for a good reason. It's not to see B&O fall - as some may imply here - it's because we're extremely keen to see a few things change. Hopefully we'll see some of these changes in the next 12 months, but a number of the things we're gloomy about is not a lack of new product, it's the direction, a lack of customer service feedback and the constant spiralling prices for products that have been on the market for many years (BL3 is a good example), in a climate where everyone else is drastically cutting their prices.

Hopefully in the next 6-12 months we should see:

- A brand new TV which sits between BV1 and BV11 - to be announced at the dealer conference
- Updated BeoSystem 3, which may be called a BeoSystem 4, with some of the features found in the BV11
- New high-end speaker which will sit above the BL5, which dealers whispered a year ago 
- New column speaker
- Replacement for the BV7 (there's no news on this, so the above posts are pure speculation) using the forthcoming BeoSystem 4

We'd all love to see an Encore/BS5 media system, but I don't think this is B&O's forte, sadly. Way too many licensing requirements to get involved with streaming movies and similar content and, as we've discussed, it's not ethical for a traditional Danish company to promote the ripping of Blu-ray movies, so B&O can't be seen to produce a media device for playing back ripped encrypted DVDs (and, let's be fair, they are unlikely to do that when, as a company, they have moved away from supporting physical media). And they implemented a slot for the Apple TV for a reason.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Peter Pan:

Hello everyone

/ Peter Pan

Hello Peter,

you don't need to wait for that!

Just buy a Playmaker, plug it into your BeoSystem, install a BL3500 on your MasterLink....

...and you are good to go.

By the way: this thread is not supposed to be a 'wishlist' - it is more about what we know or find out in the next months of what actually is coming this year.

Greetings Millemissen

http://www.dba.dk/hoejttaler-bang-olufsen/id-91836607/

There is a tv - and there is a BV

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 3:35 PM

[Off topic]

I think that this could be a great DIY project : open a BL3500, replace the internat beolink circuitry with a playmaker circuitry, and remount everything. Could be really nice, maybe there is a possibility to keep a physical volume control.

Big Smile

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

mbee:

[Off topic]

I think that this could be a great DIY project : open a BL3500, replace the internat beolink circuitry with a playmaker circuitry, and remount everything. Could be really nice, maybe there is a possibility to keep a physical volume control.

Big Smile

Blend and PlayMaker and a BL3500 together... that's exactly what I've been thinking about the last couple of weeks... would be ideal!

Now back to the original topic :-)

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 4:26 PM

moxxey:

seethroughyou:

I think amongst all the doom and gloom (I am as guilty as the next man)....

We need to remember that we are historic, current and potential purchasers. We're not trolls. We're some of the most pro-active purchasers of B&O in the industry. If we're somewhat gloomy at times, then it's for a good reason. It's not to see B&O fall - as some may imply here - it's because we're extremely keen to see a few things change. Hopefully we'll see some of these changes in the next 12 months, but a number of the things we're gloomy about is not a lack of new product, it's the direction, a lack of customer service feedback and the constant spiralling prices for products that have been on the market for many years (BL3 is a good example), in a climate where everyone else is drastically cutting their prices.

Hopefully in the next 6-12 months we should see:

- A brand new TV which sits between BV1 and BV11 - to be announced at the dealer conference
- Updated BeoSystem 3, which may be called a BeoSystem 4, with some of the features found in the BV11
- New high-end speaker which will sit above the BL5, which dealers whispered a year ago 
- New column speaker
- Replacement for the BV7 (there's no news on this, so the above posts are pure speculation) using the forthcoming BeoSystem 4

We'd all love to see an Encore/BS5 media system, but I don't think this is B&O's forte, sadly. Way too many licensing requirements to get involved with streaming movies and similar content and, as we've discussed, it's not ethical for a traditional Danish company to promote the ripping of Blu-ray movies, so B&O can't be seen to produce a media device for playing back ripped encrypted DVDs (and, let's be fair, they are unlikely to do that when, as a company, they have moved away from supporting physical media). And they implemented a slot for the Apple TV for a reason.

You forgot to mention the new subwoofer.

cooldude
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member
cooldude replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 4:49 PM

Peter Pan:

Hello everyone

/ Peter Pan

Absolutely love this idea!   

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:37 PM

moxxey:

seethroughyou:

Just because you have no personal knowledge of it does not mean it is speculation. There are people out there who know things beyond what you know. It is not as if there has been an official announcement by B and O of the other items that you do not describe as "pure speculation".

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:39 PM

Razlaw:
Just because you have no personal knowledge of it does not mean it is speculation. There are people out there who know things beyond what you know....

Ouch. Bitchy. Meow!

Apologies for touching on your favourite subject - a replacement BV7. I'm afraid though, you'll be waiting a while.

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:25 PM

Haha , razlaw sure is a meany , lol.

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:26 PM

from looking at peter pan's brilliant thread i really think bno should consider hiring the guy , i really mean it !!

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:34 PM

moxxey:

Razlaw:
Just because you have no personal knowledge of it does not mean it is speculation. There are people out there who know things beyond what you know....

Ouch. Bitchy. Meow!

Apologies for touching on your favourite subject - a replacement BV7. I'm afraid though, you'll be waiting a while.

Waiting for what? I never said I wanted or was waiting for a new BV7.  LOL  

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:35 PM

deleted duplicate

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Flappo:

from looking at peter pan's brilliant thread i really think bno should consider hiring the guy , i really mean it !!

I don't - would be a disaster.

Grrr! MM

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ
Top 10 Contributor
Khao Phing Kan
Posts 6,662
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Flappo:

I don't - would be a disaster.

Relax ... Flappo just forgot to raise his hand.

• One B&o bottle opener
  • One fancy gun
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:50 PM

We must be positive.  http://tinyurl.com/no89fs

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 8:29 AM
Peter-Pan:

We must be positive. http://tinyurl.com/no89fs

Peter Pan is the man!!! :)
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Peter Pan:

We must be positive.  http://tinyurl.com/no89fs

Hej Peter 🍻

Flot lavet!

Hilsen Millemissen

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

And now for everyone else:

Peter and I are best friends!

No raised hand needed ☝

Greets MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

StUrrock:

Peter Pan is the man!!! :)

Peter Pan is YOUR man!!!:)

Grrr! MM

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Bronze Member
olvisab replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:25 AM

Hi Millemissen

Why do you answer to Sturrock and Flappo posts ?

They are always duplicate posts.Hmm

4 beolab 5,  beolab 9, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000 mk2, beolab 6002, beolab 3500, beovision 7 55 mk2,  2 beovision 11 46 mk4, beotime, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beoplay A8, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

• Filed under:
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Sometimes I ask myself that question too 😂

Grrr! MM

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 6:09 PM
olvisab:

Hi Millemissen

Why do you answer to Sturrock and Flappo posts ?

They are always duplicate posts.

Where are the duplicates here?
StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 6:13 PM
Millemissen:

Sometimes I ask myself that question too 😂

Grrr! MM

The answer is very easy, my friend, just don't reply.

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:01 PM

yes , he's quite right , ignore reality

it's worked for bno the last few years

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Oh great, another thread gone off at an unintelligible tangent thanks to the last few postings. Any outsider whose joined to learn more will think this forum is crazy and lost its mind. Is it too much to ask that members stick to the thread and try to contribute genuine and constructive replies without sarcasm, negativity and jokes between friends that are incomprehensible to vast majority..?

The thread is about trying to collect credible knowledge on upcoming products.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 1:03 AM

seethroughyou:

Oh great, another thread gone off at an unintelligible tangent thanks to the last few postings. Any outsider whose joined to learn more will think this forum is crazy and lost its mind. Is it too much to ask that members stick to the thread and try to contribute genuine and constructive replies without sarcasm, negativity and jokes between friends that are incomprehensible to vast majority..?

You are so very correct. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

He has to Yes - thumbs up

Greets MM

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:25 AM

seethroughyou:

And yet, on this very page, we have 5 posts ignoring the thread completely to do nothing other than complain about other people not sticking to the original topic - Oh the irony!!

Is it too much to ask members to refrain from complaining about other members' opinions?

Ban boring signatures!

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Asking people to stick to a thread is acceptable and measured. So you think it's ok to let every thread become detailed? What is the point of forums if the threads veer off but you're saying that's fine puncher.

If people stuck to a thread we wouldn't have to multiple posters complaining about deviation in the first place. Irony or not just try and stick to a topic of discussion. Is that too much to ask...

Puncher, If unrelated opinions are what you want to give may I suggest you open a new thread entitled "I can derail a thread whenever i like and when I'm asked to stick to a topic by members I will become defensive and cite my freedom of speech"

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:47 AM

seethroughyou:
Asking people to stick to a thread is acceptable and measured. So you think it's ok to let every thread become detailed? What is the point of forums if the threads veer off but you're saying that's fine puncher.

If people stuck to a thread we wouldn't have to multiple posters complaining about deviation in the first place. Irony or not just try and stick to a topic of discussion. Is that too much to ask...

Puncher, If unrelated opinions are what you want to give may I suggest you open a new thread entitled "I can derail a thread whenever i like and when I'm asked to stick to a topic by members I will become defensive and cite my freedom of speech"

Alternatively you could open a thread entitled "you're only allowed to post here if you agree with me"!

Ban boring signatures!

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 9:58 AM
Bitchey Poos....you got to have a laugh on the forums.. Would not be a Forum if it didn't....

So it would be great if the new Bs 4 supported 4k Display in time! As Tue said 4k is coming! All the screens/Pj's you could choose???
seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member

Gosh Puncher, you really arent grapsing this intellectually are you...?

The point is that a thread is started on a specific topic. Members post on the topic and stick to the topic and express their points about the topic. Those points are different and do not necessarily agree or disagree but the points made are still related to the original topic and of relevance to the topic. Are you still with me Puncher or have we lost you already? So in this thread I do not want anyone to agree with me or with anyone else - different points are even better - but we still want to stay within the paramaters of the topic. Right? Get it? When we deviate from a topic and start talking about something unrelated it makes it difficult for someone else to wade through unrelated points and reduces the pleasure and satisfaction when talking about an issue. That is why we have threads that have different titles. You contribute your point of knowledge and experience on that given topic and if you want to talk about something else you go to a different thread and enter comments there. If you can't find a thread then you can open one yourself. It must be a nightmare being in a conversation or meeting with you - when you're asked to come back to a topic of dicussion but continue to deviate i can imagine you getting angry and defensive.

I don't know why you are struggling to grasp such an elementary concept. Instead of appreciating this valid point you are giving a rather juvenile sort of response.

Stick to the topic and try not to go off on a tangent - that's all we're asking - simple.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 11:00 AM

seethroughyou

Your wish is understandable, but it has never be possible in some forum threads.

/ Peter Pan

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 11:56 AM
I read some other forums. It is amazing how in those forums, some of which are much larger than this forum, with many more members, posters do two things different than here, 1. They stay on topic, and 2. While they may express negative views of specific items, they do not have people who directly insult the topic of the forum as a whole, as happens here.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:05 PM

Fortunately it's not the forum as whole - but it is enough that a very small number of members behave like this to spoil the whole thing. Sad.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 12:30 PM

seethroughyou:
It must be a nightmare being in a conversation or meeting with you

Laughing Thankfully you'll never know!

Ban boring signatures!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Trying to bring the thread back on track....

In fact at the moment we don't know much more of what is coming in the next 6-12 month than what was already posted.

Would be nice to read it here, if someone learns more in the next couple of months.

I certainly will post it here, if I come across anything.

But thinking of all the expertice in optimizing sound (DSP) that Bang & Olufsen has got during the last years of 'Automotive", I would not be surpriced if we will see some new 'sound settings' in the next version of the 'Videoengine" used in the BSys3 successor. It certainly would have the power to process some advanced/optimized sound settings/modes for hometheater use -  like those used in the 'B&O cars'.

Greetings Millemissen

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 11:09 PM

Millemissen:

Trying to bring the thread back on track....

In fact at the moment we don't know much more of what is coming in the next 6-12 month than what was already posted.

Would be nice to read it here, if someone learns more in the next couple of months.

I certainly will post it here, if I come across anything.

But thinking of all the expertice in optimizing sound (DSP) that Bang & Olufsen has got during the last years of 'Automotive", I would not be surpriced if we will see some new 'sound settings' in the next version of the 'Videoengine" used in the BSys3 successor. It certainly would have the power to process some advanced/optimized sound settings/modes for hometheater use -  like those used in the 'B&O cars'.

Greetings Millemissen

Quote from earlier in the thread -"By the way: this thread is not supposed to be a 'wishlist' - it is more about what we know or find out in the next months of what actually is coming this year".

If you're going to complain about others then don't do it yourself!!

Ban boring signatures!

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 12:04 AM

Puncher:

Quote from earlier in the thread -" By the way: this thread is not supposed to be a 'wishlist' - it is more about what we know or find out in the next months of what actually is coming this year ".

If you're going to complain about others then don't do it yourself!!

Ban boring signatures!

And here we go again....somebody trys to bring the thread back on topic and the first reply is another nasty one criticizing another forum member individually for his post.

Unbelievable.

Page 2 of 10 (383 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS