Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New products in the next 6-12 months

This post has 382 Replies | 10 Followers

Ƨcɑɽɑɱɑnɡɑ
Top 10 Contributor
Khao Phing Kan
Posts 6,662
Bronze Member

At best, this thread should have been 5 posts long.

At worst, a wish list.

• One B&o bottle opener
  • One fancy gun
Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 7:47 AM

Razlaw:
Puncher:

Quote from earlier in the thread -" By the way: this thread is not supposed to be a 'wishlist' - it is more about what we know or find out in the next months of what actually is coming this year ".

If you're going to complain about others then don't do it yourself!!

And here we go again....somebody try's to bring the thread back on topic and the first reply is another nasty one criticizing another forum member individually for his post.

Unbelievable.

I'm sorry but no!

The quote points out that wishlists are off topic and not wanted in this thread but then subsequently the same person posts his own wishes. I just think that if you feel it necessary to point it out to others you should at least abide by your own rules!

This whole thing actually kicked off because I was (wrongly) "criticized individually for my post"  - yes unbelievable!

I have been a member of this forum for many years and have seen many members come and go. Direct answers to questions only ever happens to direct, specific, usually technical type questions. Open questions have always meandered and drifted on and off topic and I have to say that I like it that way - the threads have a conversational tone which reads well and I happen to enjoy the odd aside, one liner and in some cases even sub-threads! On a thread most people do not react to the original question at all but to the latest post which leads to the meandering form.

If the general forum ever did turn in to a place where questions were merely answered and nothing else I fear it would be a dry, dull, hollow, empty place starved of the community feel that this forum certainly used to have when people could freely post what they wanted without fear of criticism, threads were long, informative, friendly and amusing and everyone got along fine!

Ban boring signatures!

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 7:48 AM
No I'd go for a Cork Screw! Ha Ha!

Maybe give one free with every New Bs 4???

Wonder if B&O would do a Light Control Unit again?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Punch@Puncher writing:

Quote from earlier in the thread -"By the way: this thread is not supposed to be a 'wishlist' - it is more about what we know or find out in the next months of what actually is coming this year".If you're going to complain about others then don't do it yourself!!

-----

This is what I call bringing the thread on track again!

Beovision 12NG on motorized floorstand and BeoSystem4 launch this august - mid/end 👊

Greetings Millemissen

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 9:49 AM

Characters like Moxxey and Puncher make forums , you drive them away and this place is kaput.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 10:45 AM

The fact is that a thread like this is always going to meander - the amount of information we get with regard to new products is always going to be limited - B&O are quite good about keeping products under wraps and so they should be. Therefore quite a lot of what you get is going to be speculation and gossip. Nothing wrong with that - this is a forum after all! On the whole, the more seasoned posters often have more informed opinions so I would be against too tight regulation anyway!

The new top of the range speakers have been heard in their development stage and are pretty impressive. They did however come with the optional curtain in front finish!!

Peter

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Did you hear them or someone else on the forum?

If you did how did they compare to the Beolab 5s?

How very exciting!

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I'm in need of some new curtains. They are definitely going on my wish list.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 1:29 PM

seethroughyou:
Did you hear them or someone else on the forum?

If you did how did they compare to the Beolab 5s?

How very exciting!

Heard them at Struer - under development and I can tell you nothing more but should be excellent - moved a lot of air!!

Peter

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 1:40 PM

Flappo:

Characters like Moxxey and Puncher make forums , you drive them away and this place is kaput.

Flappo, you'll find that I don't take anything written on a forum seriously. In fact, it makes me smile, mostly. 

As one of the most pro-active purchasers of B&O equipment, I'm looking forwards to what the future brings.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 1:41 PM

Puncher:

Razlaw:
Puncher:

Quote from earlier in the thread -" By the way: this thread is not supposed to be a 'wishlist' - it is more about what we know or find out in the next months of what actually is coming this year ".

If you're going to complain about others then don't do it yourself!!

And here we go again....somebody try's to bring the thread back on topic and the first reply is another nasty one criticizing another forum member individually for his post.

Unbelievable.

I'm sorry but no!

The quote points out that wishlists are off topic and not wanted in this thread but then subsequently the same person posts his own wishes. I just think that if you feel it necessary to point it out to others you should at least abide by your own rules!

This whole thing actually kicked off because I was (wrongly) "criticized individually for my post"  - yes unbelievable!

I have been a member of this forum for many years and have seen many members come and go. Direct answers to questions only ever happens to direct, specific, usually technical type questions. Open questions have always meandered and drifted on and off topic and I have to say that I like it that way - the threads have a conversational tone which reads well and I happen to enjoy the odd aside, one liner and in some cases even sub-threads! On a thread most people do not react to the original question at all but to the latest post which leads to the meandering form.

If the general forum ever did turn in to a place where questions were merely answered and nothing else I fear it would be a dry, dull, hollow, empty place starved of the community feel that this forum certainly used to have when people could freely post what they wanted without fear of criticism, threads were long, informative, friendly and amusing and everyone got along fine!

Perhaps you should have read the quote correctly?

The quote is " By the way: this thread is not supposed to be a 'wishlist' - it is MORE about what we know or find out in the next months of what actually is coming this year ".

It does not say " By the way: this thread is not supposed to be a 'wishlist' - it is EXCLUSIVELY about what we know or find out in the next months of what actually is coming this year ".

Reading the quote as a whole, and correctly, shows there was nothing wrong with the post you complain of. 

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 2:06 PM

I'm just glad you're not taking this internet stuff too seriously..

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Flappo:

Yes - thumbs up

We are discussing Tv's and speakers etc, nothing really important like world peace, or girls kissing each other.

I like thread creep anyway, it reminds me that we are human and all different.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 2:33 PM

Razlaw:

Reading the quote as a whole, and correctly, shows there was nothing wrong with the post you complain of. 

Nonsense! The implication was clear, however if being pedantic about sematics means you can be right then fine, you're right and I 'm wrong!" I can live with that.Smile

Ban boring signatures!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 11:24 AM

Chris Townsend:

Flappo:

Yes - thumbs up

We are discussing Tv's and speakers etc, nothing really important like world peace, or girls kissing each other.

I like thread creep anyway, it reminds me that we are human and all different.

Me too.  I really like the fact we know each other, strengths, weaknesses, and foibles - and therefore can be good mates !

Where else would you find the concept of WEDTHREAD ?

Where else would a bunch of us travel from all around the world to spend a week together - or meet locally to have a dinner ?

I think I shall spend the weekend trolling the Bose and Apple forums and see if they are true communities .......

BeoNut since '75

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 12:05 PM

On page 6, the first news, Was I the only one who saw it ?.
-----

This is what I call bringing the thread on track again!

Beovision 12NG on motorized floorstand and BeoSystem4 launch this august - mid/end 👊

Greetings Millemissen

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
STB already do a floor stand for the 12 I believe.

Is the NG new generation?

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 2:09 PM

Chris Townsend:

Is the NG new generation?

Could be B&O's first 4K TV, perhaps, hence the NG (next generation)? Would make some sense for the 65" panel.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

B&O releasing a 4K TV this year? Don't count on it... 

... there's no widespread consumer 4K content available

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 3:32 PM

kuyttendaele:

B&O releasing a 4K TV this year? Don't count on it... 

... there's no widespread consumer 4K content available

Just because there's no content, doesn't mean they might not join the crowd, in preparation. Wimbledon 2013 will be filmed in 4K, the World Cup 2014 will be broadcast in 4K etc. You don't have to wait to be prepared. If you give your customers a so-called top-of-the-range TV, it needs to lead by example, not follow.

Besides, a 4K panel doesn't mean you *have* to watch 4K on it and 1080P broadcasts can be upscaled.

I bet you the Beosystem 4 will be designed to support 4K and I can't see how you can tag 'NG' on to a TV without either 4K or OLED.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
moxxey:

Just because there's no content, doesn't mean they might not join the crowd, in preparation. Wimbledon 2013 will be filmed in 4K, the World Cup 2014 will be broadcast in 4K etc. You don't have to wait to be prepared. If you give your customers a so-called top-of-the-range TV, it needs to lead by example, not follow.

Besides, a 4K panel doesn't mean you *have* to watch 4K on it and 1080P broadcasts can be upscaled.

I bet you the Beosystem 4 will be designed to support 4K and I can't see how you can tag 'NG' on to a TV without either 4K or OLED.

Absolutely. I don't really watch much 3D content, but if I'm buying an £8,000 TV I'd expect it to have every bit of functionality in the book, even if it doesn't get used much.

To sell off the "it will last for years" theme it must be as future proof as possible, and that doesn't just involve a pretty case.

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Did some more digging with dealers today and new audio product due later this year but he said he knows no more as that's all that was mentioned at a conference this year in the UK.

Moxxey I am surprised by the amount of 4k material coming out in just the few weeks! I'd rather have 4k and OLED than 3d. IMHO 3d has long way to go before its good enough - achey eyes and motion sickness still an issue.

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 7:39 PM

If you have a 4K TV with passive 3D, you will be able to experience the best 1080p 3D possible. Try it, and you will believe. But that doesn't change the fact that usually, 90% of 3D movies are just crap.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 8:06 PM

3D 

seethroughyou:
Did some more digging with dealers today and new audio product due later this year but he said he knows no more as that's all that was mentioned at a conference this year in the UK.

Moxxey I am surprised by the amount of 4k material coming out in just the few weeks! I'd rather have 4k and OLED than 3d. IMHO 3d has long way to go before its good enough - achey eyes and motion sickness still an issue.

3D doesn't impress me either. I've seen a couple of the best in theaters, it's kind of fun but I leave with an eyestrain headache. For a smaller screen, meh. I've seen the demos and without a huge screen for better immersive ness who cares. Even more than 4K, which as yet doesn't have a good method of providing content I believe, something like OLED is IMO more important. As good as local dimming LED and plasma are, both are still limited in contrast and number of gradations of brightness as compared with an ancient tech like CRT. Even the Imaging Science Doundation guys rate resolution lower than things like contrast, brightness and black levels, color accuracy. I sit about ten or eleven feet from a VT series Panasonic 65 inch plasma, I certainly can't begin to see the pixels, but I do still notice mild solarization when scenes have a lot of varying brightness over a large semi monochromatic area. Other than the Kuros this is the best panel I've seen. 

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I'm reading this in a tacky cocktail bar that is a cross between a swingers bar and an Austin Powers set, so I'm going to backtrack a little.

I want saying 3D was ace, but if I'm paying a tin of cash for a James Bond TV, I expect it to have it at least. Seen 4K and live it!

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I'll also add I'm a little puddles and can't edit my hopeless spelling :-/

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:27 PM
Really really hope you're not in the Departures Lounge Chris! Hic! 🍻
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
The Angel , Corbridge Martin.(full of drunk women) shhhhh

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

This is getting really 'offtopic' - but kind of nice anyway!

Keep smiling, keep drinking - cheers 🍻

---

As for the BV12 NG, don't make up any stories, don't create high hopes.

The NG is 'just' a BV12 on a new (and maybe different) floorstand driven by a BSys4 - which is a BSys3 with the feautures of the new videoengine, that is used in the BV11/V1.

It is surely powerfull enough for some further extensions - but I wouldn't expect 4K and alike coming yet.

And those who use the BSys3 as a cinema solution, should better wait upgrading their recent BV12 or BV4 tv's. The support of the second output won't come untill end of the year through a SW update.

Still exiting enough for me - because with the BSys4 you can now/soon lead even existing BV12/BV4 setups into the NL-age.....

.....if you are prepared to use the NL/ML converter for BeoLinking 👍/👎

Greetings Millemissen

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 11:36 PM

Millemissen:

As for the BV12 NG, don't make up any stories, don't create high hopes.

The NG is 'just' a BV12 on a new (and maybe different) floorstand driven by a BSys4 - which is a BSys3 with the feautures of the new videoengine, that is used in the BV11/V1.

No-one is 'making up stories'. We're simply implying that any high-end producer of TVs should be leading the pack with technology and if they expect a customer to be spending £17K on a BV12, in 2014, then this should contain the very latest technology, which is potentially 4K support. If they don't, then it could cause a few people to query the longevity of their purchase, as Chris Townsend rightly points out.

If a BV12NG is 'just' what you say it is and a BeoSystem 4 will not support 4K - considering that B&O traditionally do not update this technology for years - then I'd be very surprised. I'd expect to see a much-updated video engine in the BS4 which will support 4K. Much like Apple is touting for the forthcoming Mac Pro. Support for 3 x 4K monitors. B&O should do the same. I'd certainly expect this.

Which part of the BV11/V1 is a 'new' video engine? What can the V1 do that, say, the BV7-55 MKII can't do (and I don't mean smart apps)?

DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 562
Bronze Member
DoubleU replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 5:01 AM

moxxey:

Which part of the BV11/V1 is a 'new' video engine? What can the V1 do that, say, the BV7-55 MKII can't do (and I don't mean smart apps)?

- Standard digital tuner T2/C/S2. Depends in what country or region you live, but for a lot of customers this is a dealbreaker. The optional tuner in a BS3 is expensive and zap times are very slow.  

- Media Player via LAN or USB which supports most common audio and video formats. 

- Not really video engine related, but PUC and software download without dealer’s assistance needed is a big plus.

What I really like to see in the future is net-radio built-in. Not as a smart app, but assign this source directly to the RADIO-button on the beo4/6. Did B&O left this (easy to implement feature) out on purpose to protect the sales of the Beosound 5’s...?

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 9:10 AM

DoubleU:

- Not really video engine related, but PUC and software download without dealer’s assistance needed is a big plus.

Arguably none of the above are 'video engine' related either. What I mean by video engine, is the power for the decoding of a screen resolution bigger than 1080P etc. That's usually what a video engine implies. It doesn't usually cover the digital tuner or ability to play media over a LAN!

I'd still be very surprised if B&O releases a BS4 which takes the chassis from a £1500 V1 and wraps it up in a £5K unit. It's got to offer more than, say, the V1 will offer, or even the BV11. We're talking about a unit that will drive their biggest screens in the future. It's got to be more future-proof than adding the facility to play extra media formats, which is why the video engine would have to support a higher resolution panel.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
The new video platform is NL, has a DLNA client so you don't need a Beomedia 1.

It handles direct ambient light much better by maxing the picture contrast. It was demonstrated to us in Struer and is very impressive.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

The term 'videoengine' might be a wrong term for the new 'platform' used in BV11/V1/BSys4 and forthcomining tv's.

A couple of years ago we heard the terms 'videoengine' and 'audioengine' being used for the Intel based platforms of the planned new Bang & Olufsen products. In fact it is the same base - modified through the SW running on it. We have heard term like 'small engine' and 'big engine' too.

Thus the term 'videoengine' stayed for the tv products as a name for the engine used in the tv's - of cource handling the audio and more as well!

The power of this engine and the ability to run different software for different needs on it is its strenght.

It is much easier to maintain, extend and to use for different needs than earlier platforms. 

In Struer they talk about 'videoengine versions' - note: I don't know the exact specs!

So we will surely see some NEW possibilities in the version built into the BSys4 - and we can expect to see updates in the next years too - it will not be a rebadget V1-engine!

No use speculating - when we know more, maybe we can read it in this thread. Anyway we will soon see what is planned - the launch is mid/end august.

I am sure that the 'videoengine' ;-) will be capable of of handling 4K, but I am also sure that we will have to wait for the implementing of 4K untill we see affordable big 4K displays...and more content. Time will tell if I am right!

If Bv12/BV4 owners want to upgrade to the BSys4 must be an individual choice. New buyers of a BV12 NG will get a tv that suits most wishes.

Quote: "We are expecting a reduction of the Recommended Consumer Price (RCP) of a BeoVision 12 NG with BeoSystem 4 of approx. 20-25% compared to the current BeoVision 12 and BeoSystem 3 package."

Greetings Milemissen

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:32 AM

Do you have some more info about the new loudspeakers also Millemissen?

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

The term 'videoengine' might be a wrong term for the new 'platform' used in BV11/V1/BSys4 and forthcomining tv's.

A couple of years ago we heard the terms 'videoengine' and 'audioengine' being used for the Intel based platforms of the planned new Bang & Olufsen products. In fact it is the same base - modified through the SW running on it. We have heard term like 'small engine' and 'big engine' too.

Thus the term 'videoengine' stayed for the tv products as a name for the engine used in the tv's - of cource handling the audio and more as well!

The power of this engine and the ability to run different software for different needs on it is its strenght.

It is much easier to maintain, extend and to use for different needs than earlier platforms.

In Struer they talk about 'videoengine versions' - note: I don't know the exact specs!

So we will surely see some NEW possibilities in the version built into the BSys4 - and we can expect to see updates in the next years too - it will not be a rebadget V1-engine!

No use speculating - when we know more, maybe we can read it in this thread. Anyway we will soon see what is planned - the launch is mid/end august.

I am sure that the 'videoengine' ;-) will be capable of of handling 4K, but I am also sure that we will have to wait for the implementing of 4K untill we see affordable big 4K displays...and more content. Time will tell if I am right!

If Bv12/BV4 owners want to upgrade to the BSys4 must be an individual choice. New buyers of a BV12 NG will get a tv that suits most wishes.

Quote: " We are expecting a reduction of the Recommended Consumer Price (RCP) of a BeoVision 12 NG with BeoSystem 4 of approx. 20-25% compared to the current BeoVision 12 and BeoSystem 3 pac k age."

Greetings Milemissen

The last bit is very intriguing.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

1: Yes it is indeed!

2: No infos on the new LS, sorry. 

MM

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 12:00 PM
What I think about a BV 12 NG? To offer nowadays a TV for more than 10.000 EUR without OLED and 4K is really NG: Not New Generation but NoGo!
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

That is your choice, Räuberle 📺

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 1:44 PM

Millemissen:

That is your choice, Räuberle 📺

You could probably file that response in the 'what do B&O have to do to win back customers' thread :)

Page 3 of 10 (383 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS