Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New products in the next 6-12 months

This post has 382 Replies | 10 Followers

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 1:48 PM

Millemissen:

The term 'videoengine' might be a wrong term for the new 'platform' used in BV11/V1/BSys4 and forthcomining tv's.

A couple of years ago we heard the terms 'videoengine' and 'audioengine' being used for the Intel based platforms of the planned new Bang & Olufsen products. In fact it is the same base - modified through the SW running on it. We have heard term like 'small engine' and 'big engine' too.

Thus the term 'videoengine' stayed for the tv products as a name for the engine used in the tv's - of cource handling the audio and more as well!

The power of this engine and the ability to run different software for different needs on it is its strenght.

It is much easier to maintain, extend and to use for different needs than earlier platforms. 

In Struer they talk about 'videoengine versions' - note: I don't know the exact specs!

So we will surely see some NEW possibilities in the version built into the BSys4 - and we can expect to see updates in the next years too - it will not be a rebadget V1-engine!

No use speculating - when we know more, maybe we can read it in this thread. Anyway we will soon see what is planned - the launch is mid/end august.

I am sure that the 'videoengine' ;-) will be capable of of handling 4K, but I am also sure that we will have to wait for the implementing of 4K untill we see affordable big 4K displays...and more content. Time will tell if I am right!

If Bv12/BV4 owners want to upgrade to the BSys4 must be an individual choice. New buyers of a BV12 NG will get a tv that suits most wishes.

Quote: "We are expecting a reduction of the Recommended Consumer Price (RCP) of a BeoVision 12 NG with BeoSystem 4 of approx. 20-25% compared to the current BeoVision 12 and BeoSystem 3 package."

Greetings Milemissen

Thank you for the information. It will be very interesting to see when it is released. 

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

The new Beovision 12 will have a B&O stand, and a new colour or two might be integrated . It will not be 4K.

Beosystem 4 still a mystery.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 5:57 PM
Tonker:

The new Beovision 12 will have a B&O stand,

A motorized stand?

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

New Topaz colour!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Not sure. The STB brochure which is new and fantastic(take note B&O) has a 12-65 stand for sale.

rob08
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 209
Bronze Member
rob08 replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 7:11 PM
I'd guess that since the BV12 uses the top Panasonic panel, the new BV12 will use the latest ZT panel. The ZT is top rates of this years displays and is not 4K
koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 7:23 PM

I've been told that panasonic not invest money anymore in plasma develepments.

The latest ZT panel will be the last one

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 8:02 PM
Yes Panasonic will be pulling out of the Plasma market! At some stage...
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

At that point B&O will be chancing the display - that is a simple fact....

....maybe to a 4K display.

Only when?

MM

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Considering you can now get a 4K ready Sony TV with some fairly decent internal speakers for £4,0000, you would be taking a heck of a jump in faith to spend £10,000 odd on a non 4K Beovision 12-65 later on in the year.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 8:28 AM

Chris Townsend:
Considering you can now get a 4K ready Sony TV with some fairly decent internal speakers for £4,0000, you would be taking a heck of a jump in faith to spend £10,000 odd on a non 4K Beovision 12-65 later on in the year.

If only we had the standalone image system ... to drive our B&O speakers :-

Sony Australia Press Release 11 June on C|Net:

Sony has now confirmed that it will sell the 55-inch Bravia 4K at AU$5999, and the 65-inch model at AU$8999.

In the US, the current retail prices for the two TVs are US$4999 for the 55 inch and US$6999 for the 65 inch. LG had previously announced that it would be releasing 55- and 65-inch versions of its Ultra HD TV in Australia, pricing them at AU$6999 and AU$8999.

As previously reported, the new 4K TVs will come bundled with eight of Sony's 4K movies, including GhostbustersSpider-Man and Angels and Demons.

The TVs will be available in retail from July this year.

I wonder if "Ghostbusters" in 4K is like watching a 1950's Hammer Studio's B/W horror movie in HD .... i.e. not very useful Smile

BeoNut since '75

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Does this release mean that B&O have again been caught on the back foot with the Beovision 11 with it costing twice as much as a Sony 4k but with no 4k in their Bv11?

When you spend £10,000 on a B&O TV you expect it last at least 10 years in terms of functionality. With the price war starting between LG and SONY over 4k and it becoming more reasonable for the consumer I'd be a bit reluctant to buy a Beovision 11 now despite its stunning looks.

I think in all fairness to B&O this is always going to be an issue. Every few years the industry brings out a better format so you have to move from VHS, to DVD, to Blu-ray to 4k. In 5 years time we will be discussing how something to better than 4k will be on the horizon and is it wise to spend so much on a B&O TV. I guess we had more security in the days of VHS and even DVD.

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

There is only one solution to this problem: 

A seperate 'box' with the 'videoengine' (including all = BSys4) and a display - and of course the speakers as usual.

This way early adopter may change to a new display every year and softwareupdate the 'box' (which might work for 4-5 years).

Is this what we want from Bang & Olufsen?

Greetings MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

They might even make a frame for swapping the display/panel - just like you now can swap the loudspeaker front 😄

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 9:27 AM
By 2020 8k could be around? Will B&O also be around in 2020? Lets hope so!

Yep B&O will have to do something to be/stay in the 4k race as they said they will do :-) just depends how much? It's got to be affordable for the lower end as well as higher end tv's.

Otherwise they may lose sales and I'd love a B&O 4k tv at some stage! If not a tv,then the new Bs 4 if it has 4k at some stage also don't really want to buy someone else's panel but will be up to there pricing and one other thing projector out! Is a must..
DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 562
Bronze Member
DoubleU replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 10:06 AM

seethroughyou:
Does this release mean that B&O have again been caught on the back foot with the Beovision 11 with it costing twice as much as a Sony 4k but with no 4k in their Bv11?

When you spend £10,000 on a B&O TV you expect it last at least 10 years in terms of functionality. With the price war starting between LG and SONY over 4k and it becoming more reasonable for the consumer I'd be a bit reluctant to buy a Beovision 11 now despite its stunning looks.

I think in all fairness to B&O this is always going to be an issue. Every few years the industry brings out a better format so you have to move from VHS, to DVD, to Blu-ray to 4k. In 5 years time we will be discussing how something to better than 4k will be on the horizon and is it wise to spend so much on a B&O TV. I guess we had more security in the days of VHS and even DVD.

It has been much worse than that in the last 8 years with releasing new products that were already dated. There is not a single 32” TV (BV7, BV8) that has a full-HD panel, while other brands had them for years. Even when they introduced the BV9, the panel was still HD-Ready. A 20K tv! And ignoring the fact that hdmi became pretty much standard in 2004/2005, B&O continued for years with just one DVI-connection in their BV7.

Having said that, I’m kind of surprised that some people are so sure the BS4 will have the latest technology. I really hope so and I think they should, but I have to see it first..

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 11:29 AM

Millemissen:

A seperate 'box' with the 'videoengine' (including all = BSys4) and a display - and of course the speakers as usual.

Is this what we want from Bang & Olufsen?

Not for nearly £6K, no! By the time you add your 55" screen to this, it will be way more than a BV11-55.

If they can bring out a sensibly-priced unit, maybe so. Plus it needs to be much smaller. I know it won't be anyway near as small as an Apple TV, but it should be able to slot in to the back of a panel, in some capacity.

The issue with '4K' for me is that it leaves potential customers feeling like it's the next new standard, thanks to positive press about 4K picture quality. It reminds me of HD about ten years ago, where there was little HD content, but people knew it was coming and demanded a HD-ready TV. The same thing will happen with 4K over the next 12 months. Little content, but people will expect it to be supported, particularly if you're going to commit to a £10K+ B&O TV purchase.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@moxxey,

did I mention any price of my proposed combo?

As for the size - lets see how the BSys3 will be?

Personally I would find it nice to have just 2 cables to the display and being able to stove all the rest away in a cupboard.

Anyway it was just some thoghts of mine.

Mid/end august we'll seewhat happens.

Most people don't bother about 4K now - they just want a 'good looking tv, that is easy to use'.

Very few B&O costumers are as radical as you regarding support of 4K - other things matters more.

As for the actual prices, it is already said that the B12 NG will be about 20-25% cheaper that the recent BV12.

Time will tell if that is too much. For you perhaps - but for the rest of us maybe not 😳

Are you about to change your system now?

Or was it just your thoughts on the subject?

Grrr! Millemissen

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 1:42 PM

Millemissen:

@moxxey,

did I mention any price of my proposed combo?

The BS3 is currently well over £5K, so one would naturally assume the forthcoming BS4 would be the same. Even with a 25% discount, it's still a very very expensive external box. If you were to add a panel - even a 46" panel - to this external unit, it's going to be well over £10K in every scenario. And then we're assuming it will support 4K. It may not.

And as for 'very few B&O customers are as radical as you', bear in mind we publish consumer tech magazines. One of the biggest in the world. We hear from our readers and many of them are curious about 4K, in the same way many were about HD, ten years ago. If you really believe B&O customers - remember the traditional customer base is declining fast - don't care about future TV standards, and are happy to fork out £10K+ on a TV without thinking about it, I refer you back to my previous comment about the thread where we wonder what B&O can do better to attract new customers.

There are fewer and fewer customers who 'just want a good looking (expensive) tv, that is easy to use'. I'm not saying they don't exist, but B&O can't build a business on the hope that there will be a userbase of users who don't get about forthcoming standards....but on the flipside have so much spare cash that they can spend the price of a new small car on their TV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You really make it sound as if Bang & Olufsen don't give a damn about new standarts.

I don't think that it is so, but on the other hand I don't expect that a small company which offers audio/video/loudspeaker products with many innovative aspects (one of them being 'backwardscompatibility'), should be amongst the first ones to launch a 65" BV with 4K LED display for say 5K£.

Please don't overreact - I am sure that the BV12 NG will be an extraordinary tv.

If you don't need a new tv now, just wait for what is coming afterwards.

I am sure your readers are deeply interested in and curious about 4K, but being interested/curious does not mean that you are going to buy a 4K tv tomorrow or the day after.

4K alone would not attract new costumers to B&O.

A Bang & Olufsen tv has to be something more than that, and will never be in the market as a competitors of Samsung/Pana and co.

If the guys in Struer should build their tv's like 'some' people on this forum want it (including myself 😳), and sell them to prices expected on this forum, the company wouldn't last long.

I think they make their decitions from what they know, and I will buy if I like the stuff....if I need it.

Greetings Millemissen

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 3:57 PM
Hi Millemissen, hi moxxey,

I don't expect a 4K TV from B&O in the near future, because in the past it also took at least two years until B&O offers new technologies already launched by other brands. After Bluray-players were launched it took so many time until the DVD-player in BV7 was replaced by a Bluray-player. Same with the already mentioned HDMI sockets on BV7.

But I think a new Beosystem 4 should be able to handle 4K, although BV 12 NG will be still a normal full-hd TV. But future panels from B&O from from the year 2015 will of course be 4K panels, and also a new BV 7 (with inbuilt Beosystem 4) should offer 4K technology.

Just my 2 cents...

Greetings

Räuber
seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Millemissen, Well I don't accept the answer that B&O being very slow and taking years to incorporate new technology is ok because it's who they are, it's their nature to be slow and that's ok. What they did in the past or the way they did it has not helped them and only got them deeper into a financial mess. What they need to do now is doing things differently to what they've always done before.

4k is getting cheaper and in the price range of consumers. If B&O wait 3-4 years like they usually do that's 3-4 years of lost sales....think long and hard about this. You'd have to be mad to spend £10,000-15,000 on a new B&O TV now as in 3 years it will be upgraded to 4k. So you either buy one then lose a big pile of cash, or wait for B&0 or do what most B&O fans do here and buy it from someone else like Sony, LG, Samsung etc...

I also don't agree when you say that they have good reasons for their decisions. I doubt they do; they are just plain and simple a mix of slow and complacent.

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I'd agree with the first paragraph, but we must remember they are still a small company, and compared with Sony etc a minnow.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@Raeuber - do not wait for a 'new BV7'. Those times are over, and for exact the same reasons we are discussing here. Noone is willing to pay that much for a tv that is to - some degree - outdated in 3-4 years time.

Besides all centerspeakers are EOL:

"BeoVision 4-85 and BeoVision 7-40 and 7-55 - termination": 

BeoVision 7: "This includes all accessories, including BeoLab 7, stands, etc." 
BeoVision 4-85: "​This includes all accessories, including BeoLab 10, stands, etc." 

They will be producing less expensive tv's - I am sure - and we will have to pay less because we don't want to pay more.

@seethroughyou - it seems that we disagree to some extend..

I never said they would wait that long anymore - I just said that we should not expect a 4K display with the BV12 NG coming this august.

Rumours say that there is more to come this year - we will see.

I am sure rhe 'videoengine' is capable of more than we now see in the BV11.

"...most B&O fans do here and buy it from someone else like Sony...."

How many are "most B&O fans here"? And how many are they compared to the actual owners/potential new buyers?

And if, they surely are missing the point of Bang & Olufsen - that is a great sacrifice for the sake of a 4K technology that hasn't even proven itself in daily life yet.

Where is the content, where are the tv channels, where is Netflix and co in 4K?

Most people seem to be contend with reduced rate Netflix, iTunes movies and more - they don't even bother about buying/watching video in the highest quality that is avaible - Bluraydiscs - to get the most of their FullHD displays.

Greetings Millemissen

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 6:21 PM

Chris Townsend:
I'd agree with the first paragraph, but we must remember they are still a small company, and compared with Sony etc a minnow.

................which, it could be argued, should be able to react to changes quicker than large, slow moving corporations!

It also depends at what point B&O get access to the panels and/or panel specifications, e.g. -

B&O only have access to "last years" panels, or
B&O only have access to panels and specifications after they have been generally released, or
B&O have access to panel specifications while the panel is under development at the suppliers.

Whichever it is will impact on the timeline to get a TV with a specific panel to market.

Ban boring signatures!

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I thought of that, but am just too tired to write long words. Good point.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 6:54 PM

Chris Townsend:
I thought of that, but am just too tired to write long words. Good point.

Head still sore from the weekend?Beer

Ban boring signatures!

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
That and I was up at 03.15 for a trip to Reus, where even basic maths seems to have escaped everybody. Together with personal hygiene!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 11:22 AM

Millemissen:

Most people seem to be contend with reduced rate Netflix, iTunes movies and more - they don't even bother about buying/watching video in the highest quality that is avaible - Bluraydiscs - to get the most of their FullHD displays.

Yes, but these 'most people content with reduced rate' are also not interested buying £10K BV11-55's or BV7's. You've pretty much answered your own point there. Sadly the market is moving in a direction *away* from B&O's ethics.

A good example from my own recent experience: Downfall has a scene where Berlin is being shelled by the Russians. A few years ago, when I had my BV7/BL7.4/BL9s combo, this scene on Blu-ray was simply incredible. The explosions rocked the room and then some. A memory I can still remember today, five or so years on.

Bought Downfall cheap on iTunes last night, watched it on my BV11/BL11 combo. Yeah the picture quality was decent. The sound experience was shockingly poor. Those explosions were pitiful. Partly as I've sold the BL9s, partly as iTunes HD movies offer a poor sound experience in comparison with the non-compressed audio you get on a Blu-ray.

But that's the way the market is going. Ironically moving in a direction which doesn't get the most from your future B&O equipment. Music from iTunes, movies from Netflix or Apple TV and so on.

B&O are really up against it. On one hand you have these users who accept and live with the 'reduced rate' audio/video experience (so don't need a £10K BV11-55), but on the flipside you have a bunch of other people who want the latest technology, now. Although I don't believe B&O will bring a 4K soon - I never implied they would - if they bring out new high-end TVs, at over £10K, they need to justify this technology to both the press (yes, us) and the general public.

It's going to be very interesting to see B&O's press spin on a replacement £11K BV7-40, if it does arrive in the near future.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I don't listen to much music at the moment, but if and when I do spend a lot of money on gear, I want the very best quality or bit rate etc.

Why people buy very expensive HD TV's and then are happy to just accept bulk standard SD is just beyond me. Everything I need is now on Sky HD so that's not an issue.

Tape player with some Beolab 5's anybody?

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 11:44 AM

Chris Townsend:

I don't listen to much music at the moment, but if and when I do spend a lot of money on gear, I want the very best quality or bit rate etc..

Sadly though Chris, the market is going the other way, which is why it's getting harder to shift B&O kit. You're not finding people like yourself who are prepared to fork out thousands of pounds for a new B&O TV, set of speakers, then hunt for the best quality experience so they can justify the purchase.

Downfall is a great example. From Apple TV - which we all agree is a great source for HD movies - the picture is great. Not far off Blu-ray. The sound experience is just awful in comparison to Blu-ray. There is no comparison! I don't need to spend £10K on a TV and another £6K on a set of BL9s to get the most from Downfall from the Apple TV :)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Moxxey: " these 'most people content with reduced rate' are also not interested buying £10K BV11-55's or BV7's."

Certainly you don't know to marked - sadly quite a few B&O owners don't even know how good a Bluray movie looks and sounds, and they heardly ever listen to a good mastered audio file (cd or losless).

MM

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 4:35 PM

I've never understood why they don't use Dolby True HD on the itunes HD movies , maybe they will then again maybe most people can't really tell the difference between it and DD5.1 when they're watching Iron Man 2 ?

I know I can't.

Ok the explosions are a bit clearer , that's it. Big Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Not really NEW, but - as I expected  - the BL14 will now officially be sold in a 2.1 combination.

For an audio only setup/a link room setup or for those with a non B&O tv, who want something special and good sounding.

And for those of us who thought of using the satellites as rear and the sub as 'extension' for existing front speakers!

Greetings Millemissen 

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 12:59 PM
Good news, Millemissen.

But I would like to check out only the subwoofer with my BL 1 (front) and BL 6000 (rear). I think this setup could match quite well with the sub, because I don't like the boomy BL 2 and the weak BL 11.

So let's wait and see if only the sub will be available, or another new sub between BL 2 and BL 11.

Greetings

Räuber
olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Bronze Member
olvisab replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 1:59 PM

Raeuber:
I don't like the boomy BL 2 and the weak BL 11

I am in the same situation.

My dealer told me that there will be soon a replacement for the bl2, surely wireless.

The sub of the bl14 set is exactly what I need.

If they feel there is enough demand I believe they will sell it alone.

4 beolab 5,  beolab 9, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000 mk2, beolab 6002, beolab 3500, beovision 7 55 mk2,  2 beovision 11 46 mk4, beotime, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beoplay A8, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Personally I haven't heard of any new subwoofer yet, but I suppose that we will see one soon.

The BL2 will probably (my guess) be obsolete soon.

I don't think that they are going to sell the BL14 sub solo. It would be overkill to have a 5.1 amp built in for no use, but a new sub might look a bit like the 14 (again my guess).

I am not sure that the dealer, who "knows" that it will be wireless, is right.

1:  you always need a powercord anyway - and you would need a transmitter connected to the 'SubPL output' (which also needs a powercord!)

2: what is the point of making a wireless sub, if the rest (of the speakers) are wired.

If wireless, then it must be a complete set wireless speakers!

@Raueber: do you really need a sub with the BL1's?

Greetings Millemissen

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Mon, Jul 1 2013 11:13 PM
Millemissen:

@Raueber: do you really need a sub with the BL1's?

Greetings Millemissen

Hi Millemissen,

yes I think so because the obvious lack of bass of BL1, but I don't want to switch to BL5. BL5 sounds really great, probably perfect. But I (and my wife) don't like the design of BL5, BL1 matches to my living room perfectly. Some years ago I tested a BL2, very good with movies but a boomy horror for listening music. So I'm very interested in a "perfect" sub for my lovely BL1.

Greetings

Räuber
olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Bronze Member
olvisab replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 9:59 AM

Millemissen:
what is the point of making a wireless sub, if the rest (of the speakers) are wired

Hi MM,

You know that I don't like wireless audio but a wireless sub can be placed easier in a room and this fact is very essential for this kind of speaker.

BR

Olivier

4 beolab 5,  beolab 9, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000 mk2, beolab 6002, beolab 3500, beovision 7 55 mk2,  2 beovision 11 46 mk4, beotime, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beoplay A8, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
Posts 4,770
Bronze Member

cooldude:

Peter Pan:

Hello everyone

/ Peter Pan

Absolutely love this idea!   

Now we are talking! Yes - thumbs up

Too long to list.... 

Page 4 of 10 (383 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS