Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Your latest addi(c)tion?

This post has 1,503 Replies | 6 Followers

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

tamtapir:
Maybe I'll build a stack of more "pizza boxes".

I have a stack, BCs cheap, BG CD cheap, BG with pickup and BM not so cheap if it works , Inclusive shipping and some spares from Martin around USD 600.00, it works, only needed belts and TLC

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

lausvi
Top 150 Contributor
Helsinki - Finland
Posts 689
Bronze Member
lausvi replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 6:47 PM

I was happily suprised to get one more of these:

This is my second piece of B&O test equipment (previous was a Voltmeter RV7).

This is auto/manual-ranging AC meter with a BNC input. On the rear panel there is a fixed 1V BNC output with selectable 0,1 / 1 / 10 Mhz low pass filter. The voltage range display is a cool green-lit display on the front. Also the appropriate scale on the meter is indiated by a red LED on the right-end of the scale.

Any more info on this meter, anyone?

The OFF-button is not working (it won't lock down to keep power switched off), this seems to be caused by a little plastic peg being broken from the button. I will have a better look on it later. Also I noticed some red ROE electrolytics on the boards so I just might go and replace those, just in case. Otherwise the meter seems to be working nicely, and it's currently acting as a VU-meter on my Beomaster's line output :P

tamtapir
Top 150 Contributor
Örebro, Sweden
Posts 521
Gold Member
tamtapir replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 7:37 PM

Søren Mexico:

tamtapir:
Maybe I'll build a stack of more "pizza boxes".

I have a stack, BCs cheap, BG CD cheap, BG with pickup and BM not so cheap if it works , Inclusive shipping and some spares from Martin around USD 600.00, it works, only needed belts and TLC

Thank you, Sören.

There are five "stacks" at Lauritz.com and a couple at Blocket.se but I prefere to find one piece or so at time.

/***

beaker
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 761
Bronze Member
beaker replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:16 PM
I also once bought a cd50 with the rare remote of eBay as a non worker and low and behold when I put a cd in the wrong (ie right!) way up it worked perfectly! Happy days!
Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

That RV9 is awesome and pretty rare; probably made in the early/mid 1980's. I'd like one to accompany my RV7 Laughing

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

lausvi:

I was happily suprised to get one more of these:

This is my second piece of B&O test equipment (previous was a Voltmeter RV7).

This is auto/manual-ranging AC meter with a BNC input. On the rear panel there is a fixed 1V BNC output with selectable 0,1 / 1 / 10 Mhz low pass filter. The voltage range display is a cool green-lit display on the front. Also the appropriate scale on the meter is indiated by a red LED on the right-end of the scale.

Any more info on this meter, anyone?

The OFF-button is not working (it won't lock down to keep power switched off), this seems to be caused by a little plastic peg being broken from the button. I will have a better look on it later. Also I noticed some red ROE electrolytics on the boards so I just might go and replace those, just in case. Otherwise the meter seems to be working nicely, and it's currently acting as a VU-meter on my Beomaster's line output :P

And it works with Beo 4? Big Smile

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

You guys over there are lucky, we very seldom see these up for sale over here, but yesterday I got a link from Ramabo to a software with oscilloscope and signal generator, now I will have to find out how to use it. The download and installation is easy, used the signal generator yesterday, lack of cables did that I could not use the oscilloscope.

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

I have been working on a pair of RL45's I was given for free. Bought silicone glue and a chamois for the ABR yesterday and spent a couple of hours to remove the old foam and glue.

The old glue was removed with an old small kitchen knife

Stretched the chamois onto two old cupboard doors, drying it with a hair dryer

Spreading silicone glue in an even layer similar to the original glue

and finally some drying time

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 3:12 PM

I don't think using chamois for the ABR's is a good idea. I think the chamois progressively will dry out and get as stiff as cardboard. I even think, that it's written on the container, that the chamois should be kept moist in it or a similar airtight container.

- Dennis 

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Mini 610 de Luxe

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:52 PM

So, I bought a BeoLink 5000 + Wall bracket and user guide today. Overall it's in great condition with only very few marks. The keyboard frame on the back is a bit damaged, but I think I have a replacement lying around somewhere, so the BL5000 will look close to mint when the frame has been replaced. The display is also fully functional, no pixels are missing - this has started to be a common fault as far as I've understood! And tell me if you notice something different on this one! Wink

- Dennis Smile

tamtapir
Top 150 Contributor
Örebro, Sweden
Posts 521
Gold Member
tamtapir replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:58 PM

the_o_master:

Mini 610 de Luxe

Nice! All working?

/***

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:25 PM

Dennis:

And tell me if you notice something different on this one! Wink

None of mine have the 'BEOLINK 5000' written on the front.  Is yours an early model?

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 627
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:08 PM

None of the BeoLink 5000s I've seen earlier has had BEOLINK 5000 written on the front either. I've even looked through pictures of BL5000s on Google, and none of them has BEOLINK 5000 written on the front. 

I guess you're right about it being an early model. There's no label in the battery compartment, but maybe there's been a red label at some point...? The first BeoLink 1000s had BEOLINK 1000 written on the front, which was omitted when they introduced the BeoLink 1000 with LIGHT button - So maybe this was made as a test sample somewhere in between? Does anyone know when they introduced the BL1000 MKIIIs? The BL5000 was produced from 1991 to 1996 according to BeoWorld. 

- Dennis

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 350
Bronze Member

1989?

My still going LX5500 came with one DOA but quickly fixed and like the LX also going strong. The LX has a 1989 label on it.

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

tamtapir:

the_o_master:

Mini 610 de Luxe

Nice! All working?

/***

Yes, all working (ok, I tried only FM until now). Optically very nice teakwood with only few light marks, nothing special. And the magic blue eye ;-)

Fortunately there are still few guys around in DK who are willing to send their oldies around the world. Thx Ole!

Now I am missing the little brother of him, Mini 609/610 :-)

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

ouverture
Top 500 Contributor
London
Posts 263
Bronze Member
ouverture replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 8:44 PM
Loudspeaker:

I don't think using chamois for the ABR's is a good idea. I think the chamois progressively will dry out and get as stiff as cardboard. I even think, that it's written on the container, that the chamois should be kept moist in it or a similar airtight container.

- Dennis

that is not true for me, as long as you use synthetic chammy leather cloth, it is perfect !

but you are right, do not use real leather chamois (yes it will eventually dry out and go brittle)

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 3:30 PM

took a punt on this one hoping that the MMC20EN was still good. It was.

Didnt take long at all to sort this one out and had it playing in short order. Now to try out this new scuff scrath remover and try and clean up the dust cover.

http://www.ebay.com/soc/itm/181090015712

The 3404 is my new "economy" turntable. Too bad it was only sold in North America. It is basically a 2404 fitted with the the older MMC series cartridge. Great deck and better styled than my much beloved 1700's.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 5:05 PM
eugene1960:

The 3404 is my new "economy" turntable. Too bad it was only sold in North America. It is basically a 2404 fitted with the the older MMC series cartridge. Great deck and better styled than my much beloved 1700's.

Welcome to the 3404 Appreciation Society. I'm a fan as well, but I'm sorry to see more Ebay competition. ;-)

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 5:20 PM

Rich:
eugene1960:
Welcome to the 3404 Appreciation Society. I'm a fan as well, but I'm sorry to see more Ebay competition. ;-)

This is number 2 for me - us yanks are lucky that we have this wonderful deck that is only available to us. Helps make up for all the wonderful vintage kit over there we cant get over here.

The "plastix" cream masked over all the white spots nicely so the dust cover is a lot more presentable now all I have to do is find a way to make the cover stay up. sadly in order to fix the broken hinge it became necessary to unsping that side. The cover wants to stay shut but i would rather have that than the mess it was before.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:48 PM

Ricardo:

This is number 2 for me - us yanks are lucky that we have this wonderful deck that is only available to us. Helps make up for all the wonderful vintage kit over there we cant get over here.

Doesn't QUITE make up for it....

I have two as well, and found a third I sent up to Evan.  The going rate seems to be only $50, with or without cartridge.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 10:32 PM

Ricardo:

Then it's actually a 2402

The one with the latest MMC's was called 2404 in Europe.

I used to have a 2402, which I sold years ago, when I bought a BG 3300.
But I have recently acheived a 2404 very cheap Lets have a Party !!!
Nice turntable Yes - thumbs up

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Steffen:
But I have recently acheived a 2404 very cheap

I have had my BG 2404 for about 10 years, bought on the US bay, very nice deck, easy to repair good simple mechanics.

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

the_o_master:

tamtapir:

the_o_master:

Mini 610 de Luxe

Nice! All working?

/***

Yes, all working (ok, I tried only FM until now). Optically very nice teakwood with only few light marks, nothing special. And the magic blue eye ;-)

Fortunately there are still few guys around in DK who are willing to send their oldies around the world. Thx Ole!

Now I am missing the little brother of him, Mini 609/610 :-)

... and he found his place in my personal B&O hall of fame Yes - thumbs up

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 12:00 PM

Steffen:

Ricardo:

Then it's actually a 2402

The one with the latest MMC's was called 2404 in Europe.

I used to have a 2402, which I sold years ago, when I bought a BG 3300.
But I have recently acheived a 2404 very cheap Lets have a Party !!!
Nice turntable Yes - thumbs up

You may well be right as far as manufacturing but B&O marketed the product a little differently for the US market

Behold the 2402 US version

http://www.ebay.com/soc/itm/130868534744

Looks like a 1900-2  or a relabeled 1602.  No datalink function

tamtapir
Top 150 Contributor
Örebro, Sweden
Posts 521
Gold Member
tamtapir replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 8:11 PM

A Beogram 1000 (5229) that lack the right screws that attach the chassis in the wooden frame, tone arm counterweight and a working pickup and falling general in decay but still not hopeless disrepair has found herself a home here.

The plastic cover is in decent condition, as well as visually wood (jacaranda | palisander | rosewood), and painted surfaces. It has the amplifier 8905302, i.e. the RIAA-amplifier mounted.

There are certainly several threads on the Forum concerning the renovation of the here. I'm going to look and read but the little turntable has pretty low priority right now. Maybe she becomes white to match a Beomaster 1001 which is also stated in the standby mode.

Hun er dejlig!

/***

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

ouverture:
Loudspeaker:

I don't think using chamois for the ABR's is a good idea. I think the chamois progressively will dry out and get as stiff as cardboard. I even think, that it's written on the container, that the chamois should be kept moist in it or a similar airtight container.

- Dennis

that is not true for me, as long as you use synthetic chammy leather cloth, it is perfect !

but you are right, do not use real leather chamois (yes it will eventually dry out and go brittle)

I used synthetic chamois - worked out quite alright, bass response is good and the membrane can easily move Wink

Large48
Not Ranked
Posts 32
Bronze Member
Large48 replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 5:04 PM

Hi Orava,

I'd be interested in the white ones as I have a missing one and a cracked one on my Beo610.

Cheers

GUY

Large48
Not Ranked
Posts 32
Bronze Member
Large48 replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 6:02 PM

The round knobs I mean!

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 6:52 AM

PM, and we can see...

blah-blah and photographs as needed

tamtapir
Top 150 Contributor
Örebro, Sweden
Posts 521
Gold Member
tamtapir replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 5:34 PM

Today I brought a stack of pizza boxes from Angered outside Gothenburg.

A Beomaster 5000, a Beocord 5000, Master Control Panel MCP 5000 and a Beogram CD 50 changed owner. Optically they are totally acceptable after a little cleaning and polishes. The CD player and cassette recorder need new belts, cleaning and new grease. The Beomaster can be taken in use immediately — after internal cleaning and inspections. MCP 5000 was full of oxidized batteries. Cleaning is required, otherwise condition unknown.

Since earlier I’ve have a CD 50 that works so well that it can be used as a reference when the second should be fixed. The Beosystem 5000 will have to share speakers with Beocenter 9000 - 4 pieces of RL 60.2 are available for this purpose.

/***

tamtapir
Top 150 Contributor
Örebro, Sweden
Posts 521
Gold Member
chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 4:12 PM

Be quiet, birdies! Big Smile

So, what did you do on that CD50?

Jacques

tamtapir
Top 150 Contributor
Örebro, Sweden
Posts 521
Gold Member
tamtapir replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 4:22 PM

chartz:

Be quiet, birdies! Big Smile

So, what did you do on that CD50?

I wiped away the old grease and put on some new. Wiped off the dust where I can't access when the cover is in place. Also saw that a drive belt (are there more?) needs to be replaced but the old had to remain until I have a new. The rod that opens the door jammed a bit. It needs adjustment, maybe when I replace the belt.

/***

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 4:35 PM

CD50 has only one belt

I could get use to this setup although I dropped the Cona/CX100's  in favor of Redlines Friday. Might have to sell off some pizza boxes.

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member

I used the same method for stretching speaker fabric to re-cloth my ms150s

marc  

tamtapir
Top 150 Contributor
Örebro, Sweden
Posts 521
Gold Member
tamtapir replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 5:20 PM

Ricardo:

CD50 has only one belt

I could get use to this setup although I dropped the Cona/CX100's  in favor of Redlines Friday. Might have to sell off some pizza boxes.

Yes, maybe I sell this set. It's too new for my taste. But let me play a little while with them, familiarizing myself with them. There is also more to do: I'm going to replace the ribbon cable on the front panel of the Beomaster and change all belts in Beocord and Beogram.

/***

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

@Marc: What a nice match for your red sofa!

.... I did not know that B77 could multiply without warning, is this a beginning of a pest issue? Where do I find a pest exterminator suitable to get rid of these little buggers? Laughing

With a nifty little aftermarket counter kit - the deck is dated 1984 and the IC's of the counter says 1985, probably mounted by ordering at the local distributor. The original owner was an public archive.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

tamtapir:
I'm going to replace the ribbon cable on the front panel of the Beomaster and change all belts in Beocord and Beogram.

Nice boxes, I didn't like mine to begin with, but getting used to them, as you mentioned too newLaughing. Playing very good though, and use them everyday.

Beocord belts and cleaning, clean all cable plugs and jacks properly. BG CD50, belt and cleaning

marc
Top 500 Contributor
s. wales uk
Posts 184
Gold Member
marc replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 8:21 AM
That's a nice pair of twins

Marc
Page 6 of 38 (1504 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS