Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Upgrade beomaster 5 harddisk

rated by 0 users
This post has 210 Replies | 11 Followers

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
Posts 223
Bronze Member
andy_js replied on Thu, Jan 19 2017 10:52 PM

This may not be good for the components.  Static (from the carpet) can damage them.

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Fri, Jan 20 2017 6:35 AM
The SSD is back inside the BM5.

It's running lightning quick.

I wish I could take a video. When I scroll the wheel, it's like it goes on for infinity in my track list. I have around 10K tracks on a NAS.

I hope it stays like this. It's so fast and fluid. There no jerks. It's now had its MOT 😂😂

I think I did it!!! 😝😝😝

My previous posts contain exact steps I took 👍🏻👍🏻

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

nico vercammen
Top 500 Contributor
Elversele, Belgium
Posts 174
Bronze Member

that's good news !
Hope you do not have problems booting from it ..
The system boots after a couple of days automatically (the only way to get XP stable i guess ...) 

I tried (as several other people did also)  sometime ago with the  samsung SSD. copying the disk was no problem but booting was a problem... It booted not always because the motherboard does not support it 100 %  ...
When it booted from the SSD  it was indeed fast. but because the BM5 boot automatically after a couple of days it is not usable ...
I use now a hybrid disk and the result is also good but not as fast as 100 % SSD ;-)

Keep us informed if there are no problem booting the system every time 

nico

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Fri, Jan 20 2017 5:05 PM
nico vercammen:

that's good news ! Hope you do not have problems booting from it .. The system boots after a couple of days automatically (the only way to get XP stable i guess ...)

I tried (as several other people did also) sometime ago with the samsung SSD. copying the disk was no problem but booting was a problem... It booted not always because the motherboard does not support it 100 % ... When it booted from the SSD it was indeed fast. but because the BM5 boot automatically after a couple of days it is not usable ... I use now a hybrid disk and the result is also good but not as fast as 100 % SSD ;-)

Keep us informed if there are no problem booting the system every time

nico

Mine booted 1st try and hasn't rebooted since.

I was also playing music from my nas straight away just after selecting the nas as a music source. Normally it would take ages gathering all the music from the nas and it wouldn't even play until it's read all the tracks.

Hopefully it stays this way 👍🏻👍🏻

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Fri, Jan 20 2017 5:30 PM
Okay I'm having one problem which I was having before with the old hard drive too.

When the music source is NAS, it keeps rebooting as soon as I press N.Music.

I have changed it back to internal hard drive and now working perfect lightning quick again.

I don't have twonky running. Could this be it?

I don't think my Seagate NAS can do Twonky?

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

wantoniak
Not Ranked
Posts 26
Bronze Member
wantoniak replied on Tue, Jan 24 2017 6:23 AM

Did you replace with SSD?

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jan 24 2017 6:28 AM
Yes everything works fine except selecting music from NAS

My NAS isn't running Twonky so this maybe why it cuts out?

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Alejandro Blanco
Not Ranked
Buenos Aires. Argentina
Posts 1
Bronze Member

I have a Beomaster 5 with hard drive brake. 

I need install the windows xp and original Bang & Olufsen Soft.

Haw can i make this. ?

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
frog replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 7:11 PM

Short answer is - you can't...  Firstly - are you sure it is the HDD? Quite often it is the motherboard.

Try pulling out the disk and seeing if you can access all the partitions on the disk - if you can, then the likely problem is the MB. This can be replaced by either a B&O one or a MB which is mostly compatible - you just need to do a bit of surgery on it (there is a good thread in this forum that explains how to do it.

Damir Grgic
Not Ranked
Dubai, UAE
Posts 21
Bronze Member

Hi Martin

I know it's an old post, but I just recently bought a 1TB BS5/BM5 and so far I have successfully upgraded it with WD Blue SSD.

My initial intention was to expand available storage to 2TB, but I only managed to use it up to 1TB. When I do re-partitioning with MiniTool Partition Wizard, BM5 boots up normally, but when I select Mode->System on main navigation screen (to check available space), system crashes instantly. For the same reason I cannot enter the Service Menu to reboot it from Service Tool USB and do the Recovery... :-/

I've seen from your posts that you uses Gparted. I used MiniTool PW (doing it on another PC), as IMO all disk partition tools should be doing the job more-less the same way. Are there some additional steps/parameter settings which I am missing?

I am using BV7-40 as a monitor, have Service Tool USB and keyboard/mouse combo. I haven't transferred any music yet, so doing everything from scratch.

All suggestions are welcome

Thank you

Damir

fangio
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
fangio replied on Wed, Feb 2 2022 11:46 AM

Hello Damir

which WD Blue harddisk do you have installed ?

It works fine ?

Greetings

Stefan

Page 6 of 6 (211 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS