Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

My B&O Home

This post has 894 Replies | 7 Followers

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 7:29 PM
KMA:

Personal attacks are not okay.

Absolutely agree

BeoNut since '75

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Keep them coming Kiran, I build my own house in Germany, and I renovated the house I have here in Mexico so I know what you are up against

If the Trader dont know how to behave he will find out that the forum is not for him

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 8:54 PM
Yeah, strange... i had the same sort of strange money question from the same person on my youtube a while back.

Anyway keep it going and keep the photo’s coming! Love this projectBig Smile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Duels:
Kiran:

Crap enough for you to keep coming back and commenting 👍🏻☺️

And I didn’t ask for your opinion... So if you don’t like it, don’t click on the thread. Simples 😝 Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Nicely put Kiran. I for one really enjoy watching the progress you are making with this huge project.

+1 from me.

Just keep them coming ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 9:28 PM

Yes, keep them coming. The wiring alone is worth the watch. Quite fascinating. 

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member

Yes do please keep posting Kiran as I find this thread interesting and exciting to watch as your developments progress; a fascinating challenging project.

It is very worrying that people are spending their time trying to work out where you live; why would somebody do this?

All the best, Simon.

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 24 2018 7:38 AM
Progress...

65 light fittings in the kitchen / dining... all downlights and ceiling speakers are in...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 24 2018 7:42 AM
Progress...

Living room floor insulation and boards are in... time to move onto the other half of the room...

TV needs to be moved to the middle of the room and there will a nice wide fireplace underneath it...

Perfect little hatch for my BS9000...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 24 2018 7:55 AM
Progress...

Lutron Grafik Eye for the kitchen / dining room. Different finish to the one in the annex...

This one came with a sticker sheet for inspiration on what to program.

I also have a prepaid card to get 1 set of engraved buttons made.

I never received this for the annex...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 24 2018 8:08 AM
Progress...

These RJ45 splitters on eBay for a couple of quid work totally fine in splitting the Powerlink signal.

Just make sure you use shielded cables otherwise you will hear white noise out the speakers.

Ask Steve at Sounds Heavenly for the cables...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Thanks Kiran!

Good to see how well the build has progressed since we met up on site a few months ago. 

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 24 2018 8:38 AM
PLEASE BE AWARE!!!

When purchasing the RJ45 splitter, ensure all 8 cores are wired up along with the shield!!!

Contact the seller if unsure!!!

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 350
Bronze Member

I agree with Steve here.

Very nice to see how it unfolds all the way to the finished goal.

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Tue, Jul 24 2018 4:15 PM

Kiran:
Lutron Grafik Eye for the kitchen / dining room. Different finish to the one in the annex...  This one came with a sticker sheet for inspiration on what to program.  I also have a prepaid card to get 1 set of engraved buttons made.  I never received this for the annex...
Here in the states, the installer usually pulls them because they are responsible for the programming, and thus they choose which stickers to place where (after consultation with the client of course!).  They also have the responsibility for ordering your final keycaps after you have used it for a month or so and swapped around whichever functions (more stickers!) to their final positions.  Each device which has customizable keycaps comes with a card.  You can also order one (== ordering a new set of keycaps) at additional cost -- but sometimes the installer will have spares, from when they have been unpaid by customers: they cannot get back onsite to remove the hardware, but they aren't ever going to finish the programming.

[I wouldn't waste a post on the side issue, but having posted,...  An interest in your actual location might seem a little creepy when you are the object of desire, but it's not always indicating nefarious intent: "How *does* the other half live?" I've gone for drives around neighborhoods looking at setbacks and situations, just for fun.  Heck, there are even entire television networks devoted to such voyeurism.  The mere act of looking at your posts -- which *I* greatly appreciate by the way -- indicates a predilection for same...  Envy is no excuse for being mean of course.]

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 24 2018 6:16 PM
trackbeo:

Here in the states, the installer usually pulls them because they are responsible for the programming, and thus they choose which stickers to place where (after consultation with the client of course!). They also have the responsibility for ordering your final keycaps after you have used it for a month or so and swapped around whichever functions (more stickers!) to their final positions. Each device which has customizable keycaps comes with a card. You can also order one (== ordering a new set of keycaps) at additional cost -- but sometimes the installer will have spares, from when they have been unpaid by customers: they cannot get back onsite to remove the hardware, but they aren't ever going to finish the programming.

Thank you for the insight.

I am now in talks with my installer about the first grafik eye’s stickers and free button card lol.

Yes he is the installer; but I am ultimately programming everything and making the “scenes” with all lighting circuits.

I am making his life much easier in fact...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Tue, Jul 24 2018 6:41 PM
Kiran:

Yes he is the installer; but I am ultimately programming everything and making the “scenes” with all lighting circuits.

I am making his life much easier in fact... Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

If you ever tire of being a drug baron you could always do full home installations for a living. Wink
Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 24 2018 8:11 PM
My electrician was impressed...

OCD levels are super high here... It will look flawless once he’s finished with it...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Kiran:

Thank you for the insight.

I am now in talks with my installer about the first grafik eye’s stickers and free button card lol.

I am making his life much easier in fact... Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

And most likely you enjoy it too Big Smile
Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Wed, Jul 25 2018 9:16 AM
Progress...

I’ve started to make Rack 1...

Living room fireplace should be finished today...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Wed, Jul 25 2018 3:53 PM
Progress...

It finishes tomorrow...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Wed, Jul 25 2018 6:56 PM
Aussie Michael:

And most likely you enjoy it too

Yer man I love it! 💯

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Wed, Jul 25 2018 7:54 PM
Server racks are not easy...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 9:49 AM
Progress...

Fireplace has been finished...

1 half of the living room ready to be plastered...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 2:49 PM
Server room progress...

Lighting panels are up!

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 11:14 PM
Tomorrow we’ll have a special episode of our BeoTalk podcast where Kiran will join us and we’ll go over his magnificent project.

It’ll be tomorrow/saturday at 8pm Amsterdam time/7pm UK time on my youtube channel (link below)

Hope you can all make it live to ask any technical question or share your ideas in the chatBig Smile

Michael

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
What’s a lighting panel ?
Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sat, Jul 28 2018 12:23 PM
Aussie Michael:

What’s a lighting panel ?

It houses the lighting processors, dimmers and relays on din rails.

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Sun, Jul 29 2018 9:59 AM

What a brilliant job you are doing Kiran! Yes - thumbs up

Ignore all the negative/jealous posts about your project. I'm following your thread since the beginning and I also have learned a lot from you.

Keep on going en keep posting about the progress.

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sun, Jul 29 2018 4:39 PM
Progress...

No shortage of connections...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sun, Jul 29 2018 4:40 PM
We are running wild...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jul 29 2018 11:28 PM
Kiran:

We are running wild...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

LOL

BeoNut since '75

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Mon, Jul 30 2018 2:33 PM
Living room progress...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Mon, Jul 30 2018 3:02 PM
Kitchen / Dining progress...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 710
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:40 AM

Kiran

How high is ceiling ?

Nice progress

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 31 2018 9:23 AM
marexy:

Kiran

How high is ceiling ?

Nice progress

Living room - 2400mm

Kitchen / Dining - 2300mm

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Tue, Jul 31 2018 9:48 AM

BAND'OH!:

It is very worrying that people are spending their time trying to work out where you live; why would somebody do this?

All the best, Simon.

As the first (and only) person to mention having identified the location of this house, Simon, I just saw it as an intellectual exercise in how to use a few picture clues to identify a location on Google Earth. Nothing more than that. It's something to do when you find that  'Fiendish Sudoku’ is too easy.

Graham

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 31 2018 10:02 AM
I’m not really bothered about the location aspect and being hunted down lol...

My place is built like Fort Knox ☺️💯

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Jul 31 2018 1:27 PM

I've been quietly following this thread for a while now, but finally have to chime in to say I'm gobsmacked at how extensive a renovation you're doing! And you seem to have a good handle on home wiring/networking to future proof it. Plus I love watching other people spend money! Smile

I know full well the kind of things you are most likely dealing with, contractors, construction, errors and mistakes that need rework. It could drive you mad. Last job I had was working with the military to assist them in building large training ranges complete with instrumentation, etc. Despite having meetings with the huge construction firm, that had dedicated engineers to the project, going over drawings, commenting, meeting minutes, replies from the construction guys who verified the design changes, a lot of them never made it in and had to be done again at the end before acceptance. It was maddening.

Reminded me of the old saying about Cheops' Law, nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.

The only thing I'd comment on, based on my experiences, is to make sure you have adequate cooling on the equipment closets and network room. That was the bane of my existence on one range, getting them to put adequate HVAC in to a very big server room packed with high speed network switches and computers and video hardware that dumped a ton of heat. The subcontractor they bought the "portable" building for this from dropped the building on site and then promptly went out of business, and had not done the cooling design right to begin with.

Hope you get it finished soon and settle in and get to enjoy it. You probably won't know what to do with yourself!

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,023
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Tue, Jul 31 2018 1:33 PM
Jeff:

The only thing I'd comment on, based on my experiences, is to make sure you have adequate cooling on the equipment closets and network room. That was the bane of my existence on one range, getting them to put adequate HVAC in to a very big server room packed with high speed network switches and computers and video hardware that dumped a ton of heat. The subcontractor they bought the "portable" building for this from dropped the building on site and then promptly went out of business, and had not done the cooling design right to begin with.

Hope you get it finished soon and settle in and get to enjoy it. You probably won't know what to do with yourself!

I have a big fat AC unit on the way to install...

Funny how no rooms in the house have AC except my server room lol...

And yes, I will be so bored after this... I might do this for a living and use my own house as a showroom...

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Tue, Jul 31 2018 1:51 PM
Kiran:

And yes, I will be so bored after this... I might do this for a living and use my own house as a showroom... Regards

Kiran

Well that’s the ideal job/occupation if you can combine something you are passionate about with a way to earn money.
Page 9 of 23 (895 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS