Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LinkPlayer Feedback

rated by 0 users
This post has 219 Replies | 16 Followers

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

elephant:

PhilLondon:
Both LinkPlayer and LinkRemote needs to be re-downloaded for this feature.

Hi, I downloaded again.

There appears to be a ~4.4K increase in the payload in the past 24 hours, so I have labelled the latest version 2.4.1 - is this correct :-)

latest tweaks = +0.8K = 2.4.2 :-)

Philippe, did you see my note about A.MEM missing from the sources options ?

BeoNut since '75

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

elephant:
latest tweaks = +0.8K = 2.4.2 :-)

It is actually LinkPlayer 2 beta 4.3, but more to come tonight! The bad british weather increases my productivity!

elephant:

I cannot replicate this problem here. Try deleting the preference file and start configuring it from scratch (sorry but that's all I can think of at the moment).

p.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 10:46 AM

PhilLondon:

elephant:

I cannot replicate this problem here. Try deleting the preference file and start configuring it from scratch (sorry but that's all I can think of at the moment).

p.

Sorry - you are going to have to help me - I looked high and low but can't seem to find the LinkPlayer Preferences file ...

BeoNut since '75

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

The File is  (your home folder) > Library > Preferences > uk.co.conversation-it.LinkPlayer2.plist

On Mac OS X Lion, the Library folder is hidden, to access it from the finder, click on the GO menu while pressing the ALT key. A "Library" menu will appear.

p.

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
Posts 699
Founder
---

Dimitris-

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
I have just released Linplayer 2 beta 4.4! Same download link.

It fixes an issue when controlling your TV with LinkRemote and LinkPlayer is controlled by PUC or IR.

It also includes a potential fix for when LinkPlayer is the AudioMaster and the TV is an Avant or Beosystem 2.

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
Hi! I still have the speaker + 1,2,3,4,5 problem when using DVD for the menu and then choosing music...
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

PhilLondon:

The File is  (your home folder) > Library > Preferences > uk.co.conversation-it.LinkPlayer2.plist

On Mac OS X Lion, the Library folder is hidden, to access it from the finder, click on the GO menu while pressing the ALT key. A "Library" menu will appear.

p.

Thanks p.

I knew it had a tricky name, and kept searching and searching ... did not know about the tricky trick for Lion !

So I renamed the plist and lock files with a "linkplayer-beta-2.3.4-" prefix.

I certainly had to reconfigure (e.g. AirParrot was back), and it is the more recent of versions (e.g. XBMC was present).

BUT still no A.MEM option - it is puzzling since CD and RADIO and AUX are present, so I assume you are not relying on any Audio Master definition, typing or connection .... hmmm .... never mind we should be back in Oz soon, and so I shall be able to do a proper test !

Ed

BeoNut since '75

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

PhilLondon:

Hi All, I am back from holidays and will start working on LinkPlayer again. Will go through all the feedback that I got during these 2 weeks.

spezializten:
Hello, I have found another bug, when pressing SPEAKER + 2,3,4,5 when listening to music from the MENU options. This will result in Linkplayer changing song to number 2,3,4,5...

I thought I hd fixed this issue, but it may be due to some settings. I need to know a bit more about your setup (which TV you're using, are you using and IR eye on the Beoport, and also, which settings do you use in LinkPlayer>Preferences>General>IR Receiver.

Please go to the LinkPlayer > Window > Console, and press Send. It will include your preference file in the email and I'll have a look.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

A new evening, a new COOL feature for LinkRemote users!

The features appears in LinkRemote, but is managed entirely by LinkPlayer, so you need to download Beta 4.6 from the same link as before.

So here it is...

I have re-arranged the LinkPlayer > Preferences > General > LinkRemote window:

You'll notice a "Channel Names..." button. Click on it and you'll see this:

There you can name the different channels you use on your main system for TV, DTV, V.AUX and RADIO.

You can leave gaps if there are some unused channels.

Tick "EXIT" and "GO" if the source is an internal B&O tuner. The "EXIT" before will make sure the TV exits any special mode that it is in. The "GO" after makes it switch to that channel a bit faster.

You can set it to send numbers on 2 or 3 digits if you're using an external STB that expects you to type 001 for channel 1 for example.

Then when you use LinkRemote to control you TV, DTV, V.AUX or RADIO...

... simply tap MENU to see the list of channels you've defined. And then tap the channel name, and LinkRemote will send the correct channel number keys for you.

If you want to access the TV or DTV's real menu, then tap on "TV Menu" (or "DTV Menu, etc...) on the top left of the menu on LinkRemote.

P.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

PhilLondon:
You'll notice a "Channel Names..." button.

Wow Philippe - you are adding features in leaps and bounds !!

Re-architecting the SW has made a real difference.

BeoNut since '75

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Thu, Jun 7 2012 8:24 AM

hi phil!

fantastic work!

if you need a new beta tester let me know. (bv9, bs9000, some link rooms, some apple stuff...)

beoandy

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

PhilLondon:

The new LinkPlayer 2 beta 4 can be downloaded from here.

To install the new Beta of LinkRemote that goes with it, you need to install the provisioning profile, by clicking here from your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, and then you install the LinkRemote app by using this link: itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35037463/LinkRemote/LinkRemote2.plist

LinkRemote Beta will only work for those who have sent their UUID.

The Beta is open to everyone, you of course need a Beoport. You can download it from the links published above.

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Thu, Jun 7 2012 11:21 AM

thank you phil!

on a mac mini 2ghz intel core 2 duo with 1gb sdram link player is very slow! (mac os 10.6.8) any chance in the settings needs 5 minutes to chance!

the old version of the link player was very fast on this mac. 

now on the macbook air (10.7.4) it is also fast. any limitations on 10.6.8 ?

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Weirdly the same thing happened to a friend of mine yesterday, but after he rebooted his mac, it all went fine.

He thought the problem may have been due to two instances of LinkPlayer running at the same time.

p.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Jun 7 2012 11:29 AM

beoandy:
on a mac mini 2ghz intel core 2 duo with 1gb sdram link player is very slow! (mac os 10.6.8) any chance in the settings needs 5 minutes to chance!

When I get home I intend to do some tests to see if a memory upgrade for my MacMini will result in a significant LinkPlayer/iTunes performance boost - based upon the upgrade to my MacBook (2GB --> 4GB) I expect it to be so; but as Philippe surmises, there have been times when I have ended up with multiple versions running in conflict.  In the short term see if excluding iTunes and just using LinkPlayer's access to the iTunes library offers some relief (unless you are like me, and want to run both -- for home sharing, iCloud and Last.FM support reasons !!!)

BeoNut since '75

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Thu, Jun 7 2012 11:37 AM

3 reboots and only the new link player version is running. bm-link is also deleted. in the activity display from the mac settings looks everything okay... (itunes is not running ;-)

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hi phil,

i get some jitter during itunes playback. maybe because my itunes library is on a nas.

would it be possible to introduce a small buffer, like for internet radio ?

- scott

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Scott Needham:

hi phil,

i get some jitter during itunes playback. maybe because my itunes library is on a nas.

would it be possible to introduce a small buffer, like for internet radio ?

Unfortunately, iTunes nor LinkPlayer isn't really architectured for playing music from a NAS. In the future, I'll try and add UPNP support which will solve this issue, but this will take some time.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

beoandy:

3 reboots and only the new link player version is running. bm-link is also deleted. in the activity display from the mac settings looks everything okay... 

Do you mind looking if messages are being logged to the Mac's console while using LinkPlayer?

(Application > Utilities > Console).

Note that LinkPlayer downloads RSS feeds in the background, and that it comes with a few default feeds (See LinkPlayer > Preferences > Feeds).

However I have not noticed LinkPlayer slowing down because of this.

Philippe

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

elephant:

Wow Philippe - you are adding features in leaps and bounds !!

Re-architecting the SW has made a real difference.

Indeed the new architecture allows me to add more features, quicker. Really happy about the way it's going.

And talking about new features... here is the cool new feature of the day!

I managed to get some two-way working when controlling your Beovision/Beosound with LinkPlayer. It still can't get the current source, but once you've selected a source in LinkRemote, it can display the current channel.

If you change the channel with another remote, it is reflected in LinkRemote.

What's better is that if you've defined channel names, then the channel name is showing in LinkRemote:

And when you call the channel menu, the current channel is ticked:

For now this feature will only work when using LinkPlayer in option 5 or 6 (AudioMaster is N.MUSIC compatible or This Mac does not distribute N.MUSIC).

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hello,

i found small bug with video folders. i added a folder with the "+" button. later, i changed my mind, and deleted it with the "-" button. but every time i restart linkplayer, it comes back.

- scott

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Scott Needham:

i found small bug with video folders. i added a folder with the "+" button. later, i changed my mind, and deleted it with the "-" button. but every time i restart linkplayer, it comes back.

Thanks, it was raised to me yesterday by another user and it'll be fixed soon.

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the update. Seems to work better on my iMac than the previous Beta 4.2 I used.

I am looking for the following 2 situations:

1. I miss the possibility to hear the MAC sound together with a audio signal from my main system. In the first link player you once added this function. It is especially important, when I listen to e.g. Radio from my BS3200 in the Linkroom (where IMac and Beoport is) and receive a Skype call on the iMac. Right now I need to change Linkplayer to A.Aux (where I put MacSound (External) as source.
  2. My iMac is usually running 24/7 and just leaving into standby mode after a certain time. When I wake it up it would be great if also Linkplayer starts e.g. with A.Aux to hear at least the Mac Sound (you see it is a little connected to point 1). 

Perhaps you can let this flow into one of the next updates. 

Thanks a lot,

Heribert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV 11-46  / Beoplay V1 -40 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beosound Essence MK2 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 12-1 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 /BL Converter 1611

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
hgitzoller:

I am looking for the following 2 situations:

Glad linkplayer 2 is now working ok for you.

Thanks for the feedback. I indeed do plan to bring these 2 features back, but in a slightly different form. Stay tuned!

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Here is tonight's new Beta release!

LinkPlayer 2 Beta 4.8.

Note: I have changed the way video folders and RSS feeds preferences are stored, so you will have to re-configure them after installing this release. This release comes with no default RSS feeds.

Bug fix:

You can now delete video folders.

What's new:

The "Loading Playlist" window is appears 10 seconds after launch, and is attached to LinkPlayer's virtual remote window.

This allows you to start a source before the windows appears, and in that case, it won't appear at all until LinkPlayer is in Standby. The fact that the window is attached to the virtual remote also fixes an issue where sometime it wouldn't close. It also clearly indicates you cannot use LinkPlayer while this window is active.

Now a few new features to do with sound control...

• Pressing RESET will reset the sound level to the startup level defined in the preferences

• When LinkPlayer's local playback is using the Mac's speakers, then the volume buttons and display remain available all the time, so you can use LinkPlayer's virtual remote to adjust your Mac's volume even when LinkPlayer is in Standby.

• When LinkPlayer's local playback is using Beoport speakers, it is now possible (again) to keep the speakers on even when LinkPlayer is on Standby, and you keep the volume control as mentioned above.

There is also a possibility to mix the sound of the Mac with the sound of remote sources.

I have separated those 2 settings, and you can find them in LinkPlayer > Preferences > Sound:

Phil Jefferson
Not Ranked
France
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Now this is getting REALLY good.

Fantastic job Phiippe.

jg1976
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
jg1976 replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 8:53 AM

Having problem loading Spotify playlist, anyone else with this issue?Sad

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

jg1976:

Having problem loading Spotify playlist, anyone else with this issue?Sad

Do you have a paid spotify account?

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hello,

i'm playing with the new beta.  :)

how much memory should link player be using ?  at launch, it uses 235 mo (which is a lot) and goes up to 450 mo (which slow my poor mac mini down to a crawl). thanks again !

- scott

jg1976
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
jg1976 replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 9:28 AM

Yes, definately.. It seems like it wil not load as before..

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

jg1976:

Yes, definately.. It seems like it wil not load as before..

Go to LinkPlayer > Preferences > Spotify.

Do you see an error message?

jg1976
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
jg1976 replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 10:07 AM

No, it looks like before.

But i keep on trying "connect" but nothing happens.. Still read: Disconnected. I have the correct username and password..

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 10:33 AM

PhilLondon:
To install the new Beta of LinkRemote that goes with it, you need to install the provisioning profile, by clicking here from your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, and then you install the LinkRemote app by using this link: itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35037463/LinkRemote/LinkRemote2.plist

Hi Phillippe,

I failed to install the profile on my iPod Touch. Anything I can make differently?

And THANK YOU! for the newest update. This is really valuable for me!!

Heribert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV 11-46  / Beoplay V1 -40 / Apple TV 1+3 / Beosound Essence MK2 / BL3 / 2* BL11 / BL 6000 / BL 12-1 / BL 2000 / 3 * Beo4 /BL Converter 1611

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
hgitzoller:

I failed to install the profile on my iPod Touch. Anything I can make differently?

hi,

Have you sent your UUID to me?

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 11:31 AM

just now. I sent the UUID of the iPod Touch to your PM.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Heribert:

just now. I sent the UUID of the iPod Touch to your PM.

There is an app for that!

http://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/uuid-finder/id430515353?mt=8

Heribert
Top 150 Contributor
Vorarlberg / Austria
Posts 804
Bronze Member
Heribert replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 11:37 AM

Thanks. I found it in iTunes, when clicking on the serial number of the iPod the UUID appears. 

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Scott Needham:
how much memory should link player be using ?  at launch, it uses 235 mo (which is a lot) and goes up to 450 mo (which slow my poor mac mini down to a crawl). thanks again !

How much memory is in your Mac mini?

I'll be looking at optimising memory usage.

p.

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

PhilLondon:

How much memory is in your Mac mini?

I'll be looking at optimising memory usage.

p.

hi,

i have 2 go. good hunting !

- scott

Page 3 of 6 (220 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS