Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LinkPlayer Feedback

rated by 0 users
This post has 219 Replies | 16 Followers

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hi phil,

i'm happy/sad to hear you are back at work full-time.  :)

here are a list of my ongoing issues for your consideration :

* gamepad. the little black gamepad comes back even if i close it. i assume this is linked to loading playlists, but have never actually seen it happen.

* re-start. when linkplayer is running (and playing itunes) and i launch a second device (e.g. bv7), linkplayer goes to track 1-1.

* freezes. after some time, linkplayer becomes unresponsive. in console, i see "loading playlists" about a dozen times, but no reaction to the call from the playing device. this happens after a fairly large delay. may be loading playlists is freezing linkplayer.

thanks again for all your hard work !

- scott

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

PhilLondon:
1. Download and install the new Mobile Provisioning by entering on this link on your device:

http://www.conversation-it.co.uk/Downloads/LinkRemote_Ad_Hoc.mobileprovision

2. Download and install the latest Beta version by entering this link on your device:

itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35037463/LinkRemote/LinkRemote.plist

Hi, If you've had issues downloading LinkRemote, then you can retry as it should now work.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Thanks Scott,

Scott Needham:
gamepad. the little black gamepad comes back even if i close it. i assume this is linked to loading playlists, but have never actually seen it happen.

In the next version of LinkPlayer, this little window won't appear any longer as playlist will now be refreshed in the background, and without blocking the interface, so this should solve this issue.

Scott Needham:
re-start. when linkplayer is running (and playing itunes) and i launch a second device (e.g. bv7), linkplayer goes to track 1-1.

Oh! I'll have a look at this!

Scott Needham:
freezes. after some time, linkplayer becomes unresponsive. in console, i see "loading playlists" about a dozen times, but no reaction to the call from the playing device. this happens after a fairly large delay. may be loading playlists is freezing linkplayer.

I have been working on some fixes for this situation, but for the moment they've introduced some other bugs! So I need to fix them before I can release it. Hopefully at the end of this week end.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

elephant:
I have finally (thanks partially to the wiring de-cluttering I have been doing these past two days) managed to get to test simultaneous MEDIACENTRE and DISTRIBUTION playback to happen (although I think it is confirming that I need to boost the memory on the MacMini)

LinkPlayer should work fine even with low memory. I am working on some improvements.

elephant:
and I can't understand what the "3" is for, unless it is part of the bug 

Is it not the third track in the playlist?

elephant:
o I suspect I have found a small bug i.e. "ALBUM" (I know this was perfect in LinkPlayer 1, so hopefully an easy fix)

I'll check that...

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Jul 6 2012 11:47 AM

PhilLondon:

elephant:
and I can't understand what the "3" is for, unless it is part of the bug 

Is it not the third track in the playlist?

could have been :-)

BeoNut since '75

ibg001
Not Ranked
Posts 80
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 4:24 PM

Hi,

Maybe a stupid question. but is the a guide to Linkplayer 2? Since there is a lot of settings it could be nice to have a user guide/configuration guide.

I have the following equipment:

Living room:

A BV8-40 as video master in option 2.
A Beosound 3000 in option 0.

No speakers. The BV8-40 is used.

Kitchen:

Passive speakers with a Beolink Passive

Bedroom:

A BV8-32.

In another room:

My iMac
Beoport 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

ibg001:
Maybe a stupid question. but is the a guide to Linkplayer 2? Since there is a lot of settings it could be nice to have a user guide/configuration guide.

Philippe produced some documentation in the first few days of this thread, not sure if this PDF is up to date as I think Philippe has been adding more and more function and of course fixing the inevitable bugs ...

PhilLondon:
Here is the doc...

http://db.tt/ewfa78c2

BeoNut since '75

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Jul 10 2012 9:18 AM

@Phil:

The Linkplayer seems to be GREAT work.
Would there be the possibility to port this to Windows, too? That woul be a great solution!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jul 15 2012 6:56 AM

Does anyone have the latest LinkPlayer 2 beta drop working with a Beovision 8-40 ?

How did you define the BV8-40 ? 

I have set my [PC] command to AV3 with an HDMI connection, and I have defined the setup as all of the options such as PC through to BeoMaster 5, but I am not getting the audio through - it is almost as if the System Preferences for Audio for the BV8-40 is different from BV8-32 ... I can see LION trying to switch the configuration, and Philippe's log shows that command is being issued, by the BV8-40 is staying dumb .... unless I disconnect the audio that feeds the MasterLink network of link rooms.

BeoNut since '75

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
I'm running BV8-40 with Linkplayer, defined as PC as BeoMedia. Works just fine!
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Jul 17 2012 12:43 PM

spezializten:
I'm running BV8-40 with Linkplayer, defined as PC as BeoMedia. Works just fine!

Idea well that gives me some hope Idea

May I ask/compare the next level of detail?

I have attached the HDMI cable to port B and I have no PUC.

I have associated HDMI B with AV3 and assigned it to [PC].

PC is defined as triggering Menu.

My BeoPort does not have an IR Eye, and is defined as connected on MasterLink, and the VideoMaster s defined as using the PC key.

Sound is defined as Local Playback being MediaCentre, and the device is BeoVision and BeoPort as being headphones.

But the System Settings script fails to shift the sound from Headphones to BeoVision HDMI.

Here is my log of where it fails to activate the audio over the HDMI connection.

Sending Beoport > COMMAND_HELLO_2 - Origin = 2A  

beoportPluggedIn

Connecting

Connected

Sending Beoport > COMMAND_HELLO_1 - 

Sending Beoport > COMMAND_HELLO_2 - Origin = 2A  

Parsing <60044101 012a61>

<Hello 1

Sending Beoport > COMMAND_HELLO_3 - 

Sending Beoport > COMMAND_PC2_OFF - 

Sending Beoport > COMMAND_PC2_ON - 

Sending Beoport > COMMAND_OPTION_4_6 - 

Sending Beoport > COMMAND_HELLO_4 - 

Sending ML > COMMAND_GOTO_MASTER - Address = C1  Origin = 2A  Checksum =  D 

<6010e0c1 2a010b00 00000403 040a0100 0d0061>

Queueing ML > COMMAND_PC_ADVERTISE - Origin = 2A   <600ee0c0 2a010b00 00000401 17011500 61>

Parsing <60054901 31020361>

<Firmware

Firmware 1.31

Parsing <60054901 31020361>

<Firmware

Firmware 1.31

Parsing <60020600 61>

<headphones

Sending Beoport > COMMAND_MUTE - 

Sending Beoport > COMMAND_MUTE_HP - 

Parsing <60040101 012a61>

<ack

Dequeing > COMMAND_PC_ADVERTISE - Origin = 2A   <600ee0c0 2a010b00 00000401 17011500 61>

Parsing <600e002a c1011400 00000403 04010101 61>

<ML Message

<<Master present answer

<ack

Parsing <600e002a c0011400 00000403 17010180 61>

<ML Message

<<Master present answer

Parsing <600c00c2 c0010b00 00009601 010161>

<ML Message

<<PC Present?

Sending ML > COMMAND_PC_PRESENT -  <6010e0c0 c2011400 00009603 020107fe 380061>

<ack

Refreshing Playlists

Parsing <601b00c2 c0010b47 00006c10 01000000 00000102 00090004 00000000 0261>

<ML Message

<<Distribute dource

Sending ML > COMMAND_PC_STARTING -  <6010e0c0 c2011400 47006c02 08010257 001d61>

Key Beoport Video PC Mediacenter 

<ack

Parsing <601000c2 c0010a47 00000d05 01471f02 030261>

<ML Message

<<ML Beo4 key

Key Beoport Video STEP_DOWN Mediacenter 

Parsing <601000c2 c0010a47 00000d05 01477e02 030261>

<ML Message

<<ML Beo4 key

Key Beoport Video KEY_RELEASED Mediacenter 

<ML Message

<<ML Beo4 key

<ML Message

<<ML Beo4 key

<ML Message

<<ML Beo4 key

<ML Message

<<ML Beo4 key

Parsing <601000c2 c0010a47 00000d05 01473502 030261>

<ML Message

<<ML Beo4 key

Key Beoport Video PLAY Mediacenter 

Switching to sound device # 2

BeoNut since '75

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hello,

has anyone tempted fate and installed mountain lion ?

- scott

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 12:30 PM
scott451:

hello,

has anyone tempted fate and installed mountain lion ?

- scott

yes I have :-)

And I suspect from feedback on another thread so has Phil :-)

I have tried LP 2 on Mountain Lion and it worked, and interestingly my Apple TVs now show up as AirPlay devices for LP 2 to use !

I have only tested it once and whilst it worked, when I tried to "quit" I got the spinning beach ball and has to do a "force quit"

BeoNut since '75

stampfki
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 138
Bronze Member
stampfki replied on Fri, Aug 10 2012 2:21 PM

I had the issue that the Mac Mini awaken from standy by LP2/Beoport was playing no sound at all. Also the disply stayed black.

I figured out that Snow Leopard/Mountain Lion feature "Low Power Wake" was responsible. You need to follow this instruction:

Here's the procedure I used (please don't do this unless you're comfortable using vi to edit system files):

1. Opened a Terminal window.
  2. Changed to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration by typing the following: cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
  3. Edited com.apple.Boot.plist using vi under sudo (because the file is owned by root):
    1. sudo vi com.apple.Boot.plist
    2. Moved the insertion point down to the <string> associated with the Kernel Flags <key>
    3. Hit the "i" key to begin inserting text
    4. Typed darkwake=0
    5. Hit the "esc" key to exit insertion mode
    6. Typed ":wq" to save the file and exit
  4. Rebooted the system.

Now pressing e.g. RADIO on the Beo4 wakes the Mac Mini and starts playing radio.

Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 147
Bronze Member
Alsfeld replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 3:26 PM

I am using BM-Link on my macmini via beoport without problems. Currently I am thinking about to switch to linkplayer for two reasons:

1) Regarding this thread linkplayer can handle two audio channels. So I could select hdmi for macmini - beovision connection and headphone for macmini – beoport connection.

2) Control my beoport like with beoplayer on a PC,e.g. starting Radio or CD on my audiomaster via beoport.

Question:

1) Does linkplayer really support the above mentioned features?

2) Is there a manual available for linkplayer explaining me the set-up of above mentioned features?

Problems:

I installed linkplayer on my macmini. It works like BM-Link but the expected additional features will not work. 

Can somebody give me some hints how to get it work?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 4:52 AM

Alsfeld:

I am using BM-Link on my macmini via beoport without problems. Currently I am thinking about to switch to linkplayer for two reasons:

1) Regarding this thread linkplayer can handle two audio channels. So I could select hdmi for macmini - beovision connection and headphone for macmini – beoport connection.

2) Control my beoport like with beoplayer on a PC,e.g. starting Radio or CD on my audiomaster via beoport.

Question:

1) Does linkplayer really support the above mentioned features?

2) Is there a manual available for linkplayer explaining me the set-up of above mentioned features?

Problems:

I installed linkplayer on my macmini. It works like BM-Link but the expected additional features will not work. 

Can somebody give me some hints how to get it work?

Hi, the "problem" is that there is a manual:

PhilLondon:
Here is the doc...

http://db.tt/ewfa78c2

But the manual has not been kept in step with the rapid beta work that Philippe did in June.

Additions to the manual are sprinkled through this thread .... e.g. http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/316/20192.aspx#12514

So I suggest you print off the manual, and then read this thread from top to bottom while making annotations to the print out and then set up your system.

BeoNut since '75

carlito
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 239
Bronze Member
carlito replied on Mon, Aug 20 2012 10:33 AM

Any idea when the beta phase will end and when the new version (on the mac and the iphone app)  is ready for download?

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

Hi! Have any body run the latest Linkplayer Beta with an Apple IR or PUC control? I can't use my apple remote or B&O TV PUC codes to press play/OK button? I don't know if this is mapped to an older version of the Apple Remote?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 2:01 PM

spezializten:

Hi! Have any body run the latest Linkplayer Beta with an Apple IR or PUC control? I can't use my apple remote or B&O TV PUC codes to press play/OK button? I don't know if this is mapped to an older version of the Apple Remote?

I have had no problems with the PUC setup of Apple Remote

BeoNut since '75

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Hi,

The IR code for the Apple Remote has never changed, however, the Beo4 codes have changed in the latest Beo4 with joystick, especially the center button code isn't the code for PLAY any longer. so it could be that.

When you press the play button, do you get anything in LinkPlayer's Log?

Spiros
Not Ranked
Thessaloniki GREECE
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Spiros replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 7:45 PM

Hi Phil,

it seems that there is a problem with the N.Radio after installing Mountain Lion. Actually I just installed iTunes 10.7 as well.

Do you know if there is indeed a problem or it's something wrong on my setup?

I have changed nothing but installing M.Lion so I guess there should be an issue there...

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
Which version of PUC are You guys using? I'm on 2,4 from Bang & Olufsen. I don't get anything in the logs.
spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
I don't have the new remote with the play button, I'm using GO
spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
How does your settings look like for controlling linkplayer from PUC? Everything works except I can't use GO or MENU on the beo4 or an apple remote...
spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

I have now tested this on three different mac with the Linkplayer 2 Beta 14. I can not use the select button nor the play button on the Apple Remote controller. Does Linkplayer require another software like (Candleair) or something?

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

On all these three Macs I have EyeTV and PLEX installed. Are you guys using these software as well?

Scott Needham
Top 500 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 217
Founder

hello,

i have a really simple installation, i only use linkplayer for n.music itunes. i have a beo4 with joystick as well as an older one with a button.

now that you mention it, the the button used to pause play for itunes and it no longer does so for either of my beo4.

- scott

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 11:11 AM

spezializten:

I have now tested this on three different mac with the Linkplayer 2 Beta 14. I can not use the select button nor the play button on the Apple Remote controller. Does Linkplayer require another software like (Candleair) or something?

I have Candleair on my systems but I can't recall why I got it Smile

But can you check that you have enabled Universal Access in your system configuration settings ?

I can't comment on your other questions (I don't even know how to check the PUC S/W level) as I am traveling and away from home base (and my toys - but at least I can access 90% of my music via the iCloud ... yay !!!)

BeoNut since '75

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

Hi!

I've got  Candleair when I installed Remote Buddy. 

I've enabled Universal Access. Have disabled it and then reenabled it.

Sorry about the PUC version, I don't think you can see that from the BeoVision, but only from the ServiceTool which I use a lot.

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

I also think that there is something else going on, because it doesn't matter which Apple IR function I choose to use (Advanced, Simple or PUC). The behaivor is still the same. When I press MENU on the Apple Remote, Linkplayer switches between all the sources but I can't select any of them.

Spiros
Not Ranked
Thessaloniki GREECE
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Spiros replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 6:52 PM
Hi Phil, hope you are doing ok. Any news on the NRadio issue appeared with Mountain Lion? Should we expect an update?
spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

I have seen another bug or issue. The Linkplayer won't update the spotifylist when it says it's refreshing. The only way to get updated Spotify lists is to quit Linkplayer and start again.

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

I think it's important to have the latest firmware for the beoport (1.31). This can be downloaded and installed with BMLink from mr Odlund.

http://www.odlund.se/bmlink/download.html

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
What is Auto-Standby and how can I remove it? I was watching Eyetv and suddenly Linkplayer went in standby. In the console I can see a message "Auto-Standby". Has any body experienced this?
spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member

Just find out that you actually can use XBMC from a link room as an Airplay device, which is cool if you want to play a sound from you iOS-devices in the link system.

In my case I have chosen A.MEM to respond to XBMC on the mac. In XBMC in the settings for Network you can enable Airplay for XBMC.

spezializten
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
Is there any body controlling Linkplayer 2 with the Apple remote or PUC?
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 6:03 AM

spezializten:
Is there any body controlling Linkplayer 2 with the Apple remote or PUC?

No, neither one, I use it with ML commands via the BeoPort.

BeoNut since '75

Spiros
Not Ranked
Thessaloniki GREECE
Posts 25
Bronze Member
Spiros replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 6:40 AM

Hi Phil, Any news on the issues I mentioned previously? Should we expect any new release or an update?

N.Radio still does not respond unfortunately.

rjderksen
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
rjderksen replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 9:39 PM

Hello Phil,

I have downloaded the linkplayer file, but cant start it.

It says : the application link player unexpectedly

mac os x and other applications are not affected.

I am using a mac mini, intel core duo, and 2 gb memory.

Do you know what the problem is ??

Robert

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 10:53 AM

rjderksen:

mac os x and other applications are not affected.

I am using a mac mini, intel core duo, and 2 gb memory.

which version of OSX are you running ?

BeoNut since '75

Page 5 of 6 (220 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS