Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New products in the next 6-12 months

This post has 382 Replies | 10 Followers

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

'dark grey' - just like the BL12's coming with the BV12 NG.

!!!Keep your BV11-46!!!

It is an excellent tv - unless you really want/need something bigger Stick out tongue

N.B. Maybe we should stop calling the BV's 'tv's' - they are in fact much much more than a tv.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 3:49 PM

changing speaker covers

this alone will no doubt save bno

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

Hay all question from me abut the beosystem 4.

Will the BS 4 distribute SD to older beovisions?

the BS 3 can send SD to my bedroom beovision 3.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
seanklemis:

Will the BS 4 distribute SD to older beovisions?

the BS 3 can send SD to my bedroom beovision 3.

I doubt. B&O is moving away from SD distribution using a coax cable because it looks bad on larger screens.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I did not react to that question, because I was not sure, if if was meant as 'some kind of comment', or if it actually was a question.

This subject has been disquessed in several different versions on the forum.

With the new platform - starting with the BV11/V1 - there is no SD videodistribution anymore.

This a result of the end of analog signals.

It is really not worth lookig at at a bigger screen, and there would be no way to control it since this was/is done via ML.

A few people are going to miss it - if you (Seanie) are one of those, just, stick to your BSys3...

...at least as long as your BV3 is still working.

Alternatively just have a Sky HD box with the second tv as well.

If I look at what one gains with the new BSys4, I just can say: this is the future.

Greetings Millemissen

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 10:28 PM

PhilLondon:

I doubt. B&O is moving away from SD distribution using a coax cable because it looks bad on larger screens.

I got around this with a simple powered HDMI splitter and a PUC. Works a treat. I can simultaneously display the same channel on both the BV11-46 in the sitting room and the BV10-32 in the kitchen, without the delay you had with masterlink. You get a HD picture and both TVs are controllable via the Beo4.

I can also mirror the content from the NAS drive to both TVs and an Apple TV is connected to both.

Job done. Who needs masterlink? :)

rednik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Bronze Member
rednik replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 11:26 PM

moxxey:

No one.  That's why it's dead, but you've obviously figured that out already and hopefully others will follow

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Old trick!

Works good as long as the distance is resonable.

MM

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 6:35 AM

Agree, I use the same trick with up to 15M HDMI cables, works perfectly.

However, I still use the ML for sound distribution of i.e. Radio or CD to the kitchen or to our outdoor speakers. And I do think that this still will be a core in the future B&O integration just using NL instead.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member

moxxey:

PhilLondon:

I got around this with a simple powered HDMI splitter and a PUC. Works a treat. I can simultaneously display the same channel on both the BV11-46 in the sitting room and the BV10-32 in the kitchen, without the delay you had with masterlink. You get a HD picture and both TVs are controllable via the Beo4.

I can also mirror the content from the NAS drive to both TVs and an Apple TV is connected to both.

Hay that method sounds like a great idea and when when I upgrade and also upgrade the bedroom tv.

do you have both IR blasters on the one sky box?

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Bv7Mk3
Top 150 Contributor
uk
Posts 781
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 8:06 AM
I have a Bv 7 in the bedroom connected by cat 7 and pucked to a sky box in the lounge with a 755 pucked as well to the same box! Installing another cat 7 for another tv. So will be running 3 tv's.

M/L still used for Cd /Bm 5 sound to bedroom,kitchen,Bathroom,Garden so can be done!
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 11:58 AM

Millemissen:

Old trick!

Works good as long as the distance is resonable.

Hardly a 'trick'. More of a 'solution'. Works better than masterlink - no silly audio delay, proper HD and everything controllable. As for distance, you can get a good 15 metres or more and get a far better picture than via masterlink's analogue! There aren't many people, in 2013, wanting to connect one TV to another, on different floors!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 12:01 PM

Seanie_230:

do you have both IR blasters on the one sky box?

Yes, works fine! You can, of course, control via one Beo4, but I've chosen to have two separate Beo4's for each TV, both controlling the Sky box.

Masterlink didn't give me a good enough picture on my old BV28, was always disappointed. Blu-rays were very jerky, too. Plus audio delay if both TVs were on at the same time, which often happens.

The TVs are a few metres away, the HDMI cable simply replaced the old analogue RF cabling.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 6:52 AM

moxxey:

PhilLondon:

I have become quite disenchanted with my RF modulator solution - seemed workable a year or so ago, but something some where has deteriorated and I can't be bothered to track it done.

Your solution seems good enough - what HDMI splitter did you get ?

And I presume the PUC cable is just super long ? (i.e. not amplifier along the way)

BeoNut since '75

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 563
Bronze Member

Well I think B&O should start looking into making loudspeakers like this. Cheap to built but cheerful to look at.

http://www.avantgarde-acoustic.de/zero1/_en/zero-einfach.html

I believe that form should always correspond with function so as to easily inform. I think the upper range of B&O equipments should be built with more luxurious materials whereas the lesser performing ones should be built with cheaper materials but no less chic. 

PS. I think Avantgarde might have taken my idea for this product. Because I did shoot them an email regarding an idea for the exact same product last November and hey this active loudspeaker is launched in May. ( I just checked my email outbox to confirm this)  

So why would that high-end audio brand take my idea and B&O seems to never respond? 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

You don't really mean that, do you Confused

They may sound good, but...

..,if I had to have them at my place, I would certainly hang a curtain in front them - pfui!

And before you stick your nose to high in the sky (sorry moderators, I had to write this), please concider, that the development of a loudspeaker/loudspeakerconcept takes much longer than from 'last november till may this year'.

I doubt that your email had any influence on the Avangarde product - just me 2 cents.

And by the way - let os stick to the theme of the original poster: "New products in the next 6-12 month". He asked for facts, not fiction.

Grrr! Millemissen

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 12:19 PM
wonderfulelectric:

So why would that high-end audio brand take my idea and B&O seems to never respond?

Ha! Brilliant ;)
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Jul 27 2013 12:46 PM

elephant:

Your solution seems good enough - what HDMI splitter did you get ?

Good question. Was recommended by B&O. It's this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001D9P1OW/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

elephant:

And I presume the PUC cable is just super long ? (i.e. not amplifier along the way)

Yeah, quite a few metres. I think that was there before, as the TV needs to handle the remote control (as I always had a second Beo4, solely for the old BV8). Now I have a BV10-32 on the wall, where the BV8-26 used to be located) and that simply uses the existing PUC and the hdmi replaces the masterlink.

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 601
Bronze Member

wow..... just wow....Surprise

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

wonderfulelectric:

Well I think B&O should start looking into making loudspeakers like this. Cheap to built but cheerful to look at.

Cheap to build: probably
Cheerful to look at: seriously???

Back to the topic: really wondering what the next music system will be like... With regard to TVs... BV7 probably going EOL... So maybe a replacement? Or is Stuer going for BeoPlay 1 / BV 11 / BV4 ? 

TripEnglish
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,639
Bronze Member

Those speakers look like traffic lights made of melted ice cream. 

bayerische
Top 25 Contributor
Ekenäs, Finland
Posts 4,770
Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

Those speakers look like traffic lights made of melted ice cream. 

Big Smile

Too long to list.... 

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 8:19 AM

kuyttendaele:

Back to the topic: really wondering what the next music system will be like... With regard to TVs... BV7 probably going EOL... So maybe a replacement? Or is Stuer going for BeoPlay 1 / BV 11 / BV4 ? 

@Karel: yes, this is the big question - what can they do after the BS/BM5-combo? The BS5e wasn't the hit it could have been.

This thread was a bit difficult to read/follow, so I am sorry if this info was already posted earlier: The BV12NG / BS4 is about to get released, and the biggest news seem to be the topaz grey color and the price reduction compared to the BV12/BS3 combo. The new topaz grey color will please those that find the current shiny edition of the BL12-3/-2 looking a bit like those mirrors found at the Tivoli. The stand is close to identical to the 7-55 floor stand, but the back panel looks very good – as it appears now, you will have to order the BV12 as a wall or floor edition and you cannot (easily) convert between floor/wall later on. Next year they will release the floor stand with mechanical links: it will move itself away from the wall as the TV turns. Also, they have another TV coming with a speaker that sits below the screen and will rotate out of view when turned off.

On the audio side they have plenty of new products lined up for the next year, and the “new” BL8k will create some traffic on this site with its ALT lens and the wood-panels-in-a-fan-shape at the front (replacing the current cloth design).

Not sure when the top-of-the-line speaker, as mentioned by Peter, will be released – but it may be a long way from production still. It is massive (prototype) and can move a lot of air, so you will need a house with friendly or no neighbors to take full advantage of them. Also, on the audio side, is the new Playmaker – finally it will lose its not-so-exclusive-look and be replaced with new hardware in a much more classy wrapping. I guess the new technology that they will release on the speaker side making them wireless (still need the power cord) is of more concern to interior designers than beoworlders.

Roger

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

"....The BV12NG / BS4 is about to get released, and the biggest news seem to be the topaz grey color and the price reduction compared to the BV12/BS3 combo...."

I don't agree on that - the biggest news definitely is the BSys4!

Anyway, thanks a lot for all other information, appreciate that - I am eager to see and hear what is coming.

Greetings Millemissen

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 8:46 AM

Yes, you may be right, Millemissen - I was just a bit disappointed by the BS4, I guess I was hoping for a step change compared to the BS3 as a superb video engine and not just the V1/BV11 video card with more features. But we will have to study it closely when we get to play with it.

Roger

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 9:50 AM

Roger:

On the audio side they have plenty of new products lined up for the next year, and the “new” BL8k will create some traffic on this site with its ALT lens and the wood-panels-in-a-fan-shape at the front (replacing the current cloth design).

"wood-panels-in-a-fan-shape" surely sounds interesting. Can anyone elaborate more on this design and what to expect?

/C

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 10:30 AM

Roger:
Also, on the audio side, is the new Playmaker – finally it will lose its not-so-exclusive-look and be replaced with new hardware in a much more classy wrapping.

I hope they give it some functionality too !

Such as acting as a "network extender", a function that the Airport Express has, and which would be convenient if packaged as part of the PlayMaker.

BeoNut since '75

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I don't think so - Bang & Olufsen is an audio/video company.

B&O has always recommended the use of a dedicated router for the Network Link, so why should they offer a network extender?

I suppose a new 'packaging' and NL capacity (just my guess and hope).

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Roger:

Yes, you may be right, Millemissen - I was just a bit disappointed by the BS4, I guess I was hoping for a step change compared to the BS3 as a superb video engine and not just the V1/BV11 video card with more features. But we will have to study it closely when we get to play with it.

Roger

Hi Roger,

it seems that you already have 'seen' it or - that you have attended the video courses a couple of days ago.

I haven't! And will have to wait a couple of weeks for it.

But I know that the 'Cinema option' will come later - end of this year - with a software update.

So more functionallity might come the same way - this video engine is strong.

I wonder what you are missing though?

Two features described in the 'Launch Package seems interesting:

"Network Link connectivity introducing synchronised sound distribution  

Two-way tablet control via BeoRemote App* operation "

I wonder if there is something new about the "synchoniced sound distribution"?

Maybe the BeoRemote app has some new functionallity with the arrival of the BSys4?

Greetings Millemissen

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 11:35 AM

Roger:
I guess the new technology that they will release on the speaker side making them wireless (still need the power cord) is of more concern to interior designers than beoworlders.

I would disagree - I think high quality, wireless active speakers could be a very big deal for B&O, the key here would be a reliable wireless  connection performance. They would convert any wireless audio source into a quality B&O audio "system" which could easily lead to future B&O purchases. People may make the leap from docks such as the Bose, B&W and even the A8 to a "proper" stereo speaker setup.

Ban boring signatures!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

I would like to know more about "the new technology that they will release on the speaker side making them wireless", before judging if that might be 'a very big deal' for B&O or not.

MM

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 12:08 PM

Millemissen:

I would like to know more about "the new technology that they will release on the speaker side making them wireless", before judging if that might be 'a very big deal' for B&O or not.

MM

Fair point, if it's an additional component the size of a shoebox that sits next to each speaker then "a very big deal" is clearly wrong. If it's internal to the speaker housing then I stand by what I said.

Ban boring signatures!

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

MM

Wireless in B&O term: loose 1 of the 2 wires... We'll still need a power cable

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

That is one step ahead. Next step will be a built-in battery with enough power for 20 years Crying

MM

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 4:38 PM

Millemissen:

Very much a big deal if they perform like the BeoLit 12 and Playmaker. I don't think I've ever had a worse-performing wifi device. The Playmaker provides superb audio, but just cuts out way too much to be used seriously. Nothing like the performance of an Airport Express for wifi stability. I have AE's many rooms away from the router that perform better than the Playmaker.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Bang & Olufsen is a member of WISA - http://www.wisaassociation.org/

If some of this is realized there certainly will be no 'shoebox' sitting next to a loudspeaker.

MM

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Mon, Jul 29 2013 6:17 PM
moxxey:

Very much a big deal if they perform like the BeoLit 12 and Playmaker. I don't think I've ever had a worse-performing wifi device. The Playmaker provides superb audio, but just cuts out way too much to be used seriously. Nothing like the performance of an Airport Express for wifi stability. I have AE's many rooms away from the router that perform better than the Playmaker.

Very valid concerns Moxxey, the good news is that this new technology (not sure if new means new to market or new to B&O) isn't wifi, doesn't require a router, and it lives in 5Ghz land so hopefully something good to look forward to! :)
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:10 AM

MartinW:
moxxey:

Very valid concerns Moxxey, the good news is that this new technology (not sure if new means new to market or new to B&O) isn't wifi, doesn't require a router, and it lives in 5Ghz land so hopefully something good to look forward to! :)

Thanks Martin for the link - I would be worried that they will turn out to be high quality islands like my Wireless 1s !

From reading the site it seems targeted at surround sound set ups, and not wireless through out the house, i.e. no obvious references to how one would handle multiple rooms / zones ...

WISA™ KEY ATTRIBUTES

Some of the key attributes of WiSA technology include:

• 24-bit uncompressed audio for true audiophile sound – HD quality, perceptibly 50% better than CD audio
  • Sample rate that matches the content: 32, 44.1, 48, and 96k samples/second
  • Rapid error detection and recovery for uninterrupted listening enjoyment
  • 5 ms fixed latency – perfect lip synch and immediate game response
  • Under 160ns speaker-to-speaker delay – theatre quality surround experience
  • Amplifiers and speakers matched and balanced as a unit – same quality sound in all directions

BeoNut since '75

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Elephanth wrote : "Thanks Martin for the link".

If you mean the WISA link - that link was in my post Geeked

Anyway, the WISA thing is meant for setting up a surround system completely wireless - of cource power is still required as by any active speaker system.

It is not meant for multiroom connections.

I once saw a video from the makers (can't find the link) of WISA - they mentioned Bang & Olufsen as one of the pioneers in the history of active speakers.

As always with wireless you need a sender, which could be built into an AV-receiver, a blurayplayer or a tv - in fact a BV with the surround processor and the preamp already built in would be predestined for that. The receivers that have to be built in to the speakers are quite small.

See the WISA site and Youtube it (search for WISA wireless) for more details.

On the other hand, I doubt that this will be realized from B&O in short - but might be something coming.

Probably the mentioned and expected wireless speaker will be less complicated, nothing fancy - just my guess.

The implantation of the WISA thing requires a lot of devellopment - and B&O is a small company.

A small company with a very broad portfolio, that must be maintained - as you know every one of us demands software updates at the very moment a problem has turned up..

B&O must present some new products in the next months - maybe they won't all be as 'breathtaking' as BeoWorlders expect it - but they surely will put Bang & Olufsen on the 'home entertainment' map.

If we will see the things that Roger mentioned coming soon, we should be very pleased - even if 'our product' is not amongst it.

Greetings Millemissen

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 12:10 PM

Millemissen:

Elephanth wrote : "Thanks Martin for the link".

If you mean the WISA link - that link was in my post Geeked

Apologies - you are correct it was your link that Martin was commenting on .....

"I must not post when I am tired"  "I must not post when I am tired"  "I must not post when I am tired"

"I must not post when I am tired"  "I must not post when I am tired"  "I must not post when I am tired"

BeoNut since '75

Page 6 of 10 (383 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS