Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Car Talk

rated by 0 users
This post has 304 Replies | 4 Followers

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Jan 21 2016 2:52 PM

throwback thursday.... 

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Jan 21 2016 2:54 PM

Wow - I don't think I've ever seen a 131 without rust! Laughing

Lee

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Lee

Pre-Tipo they were pretty biodegradable , Fiats!

still , Satoru Tai at Nissan seems to appreciate the Mirafiori

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Fri, Jan 22 2016 10:11 AM

Simonbeo:

9 LEE:

Lee

Pre-Tipo they were pretty biodegradable , Fiats!

still , Satoru Tai at Nissan seems to appreciate the Mirafiori

I do do do like this Nissan concept,,, always fancied a 130 wonder how many of them are left ? 

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Jan 28 2016 10:51 AM

loving Lego's humour leaking out these shots of their new technics 911 model... in camouflage

e

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Jan 28 2016 11:13 AM

Watched James May on bbc last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06z98lc/james-mays-cars-of-the-people-series-2-episode-1

How Germany and Japan ultimately won the (car) war.

Some pretty devastating footage of a drive through Detroit with some former car workers.

Graham

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Jan 28 2016 3:38 PM

Mark:

loving Lego's humour leaking out these shots of their new technics 911 model... in camouflage

e

I'm so looking forward to adding that to my collection. (As well as the new Technic mining digger unveiled at the Nuremburg Show as well). If that is half as awesome as the Volvo Loader, it'll be a killer set. The 24Hr Race Car was also a pretty good set, but the shapes weren't all that pleasing to the eye. Hopefully this 911 will be true to the real car.

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Tue, Feb 2 2016 12:46 PM

kind of ticks all my boxes on a dash layout...

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member

For picture look up ...

Mark:

And who does the driving?

Peter the biker

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member

Mark:

Ah, the Eole by Geoff Matthews. The story goes that Geoff took a fancy to a lady he used to see in traffic so he found the best way to get her phone number; he crashed into her car! And she became his wife I believe. He died last year. But that car was pretty advanced for 1985.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

smuehli
Top 500 Contributor
Ludwigsburg, Germany
Posts 105
Bronze Member
smuehli replied on Wed, Feb 3 2016 9:53 AM

Yes, but the cockpit, steering wheel and the satellites besides the cockpit looks very similar to the Citroen Cx from that time!

The only, really new part is the CD-Player and board in the middle

smuehli
Top 500 Contributor
Ludwigsburg, Germany
Posts 105
Bronze Member
smuehli replied on Wed, Feb 3 2016 9:54 AM

Yes, but the cockpit, steering wheel and the satellites besides the cockpit looks very similar to the Citroen Cx from that time!

The only, really new part is the CD-Player and board in the middle

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Wed, Feb 3 2016 2:07 PM

great story Simon....

Peter with all those buttons to press there would be no time for me to drive anywhere....

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member

Mark:

great story Simon....

Peter with all those buttons to press there would be no time for me to drive anywhere....

Yes but those buttons were only pretend. Just like the mockup bits on the CX facelift that Geoff drove over to Peugeot where I was working as a student at the time. He was actually driving a styling model with " chrome" foiled bright work and clay bumpers! he went on to do one-offs for the sultan of Brunei; Ferrari estate cars and Bentley Azure coupe etc. At Citroen he's responsible for the AX , BX and XM with Bertone. He also created the Rhubarb and Custard 2Cv Charleston. http://www.citroenet.org.uk/miscellaneous/geoff-matthews/obituary.html .The big iPad - like screen in that Eole reminds me of the Tesla S setup some years later.

smuehli
Top 500 Contributor
Ludwigsburg, Germany
Posts 105
Bronze Member
smuehli replied on Thu, Feb 4 2016 9:19 AM

Here's a photo from flickr:

www.flickr.com/photos/iainmclauchlan/9807854735/in/photostream/

And from the backseats - you're able to play pong Lets have a Party !!!

www.flickr.com/photos/iainmclauchlan/9807921893/in/photostream/

Sorry, but the links won't work . . . 

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member

smuehli:

Here's a photo from flickr:

www.flickr.com/photos/iainmclauchlan/9807854735/in/photostream/

And from the backseats - you're able to play pong Lets have a Party !!!

www.flickr.com/photos/iainmclauchlan/9807921893/in/photostream/

Sorry, but the links won't work . . . 

On the facelift interior for the CX it was proposed that it have a similar upholstered centre spine/console and this would form the side support of the seat on that side. Such interesting design is not happening nowadays , perhaps because it's too interesting/expensive.

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Fri, Feb 5 2016 1:08 PM

I'm a bit lost on modern car interiors, although I love the brilliance of the Model S iPad style dash I'm not a fan of how my manufactures have gone the easy route of mounting screens like they had used double sided sticky tape....

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Tue, Feb 9 2016 5:12 PM

baguette van flavoured by Citroen ...

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Wed, Feb 10 2016 8:41 PM

A colleague has a father who has had a Cx familiale built with six wheels. Here is his website address http://www.thejoyofcx.co.uk/index.php?page=about&subpage=story

it was a conversion by the company that created the DS cars for transeuropean delivery of newspapers.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member

Simonbeo:

A colleague has a father who has had a Cx familiale built with six wheels. Here is his website address http://www.thejoyofcx.co.uk/index.php?page=about&subpage=story

it was a conversion by the company that created the DS cars for transeuropean delivery of newspapers.

Oh and he's built a caravan from a piper plane......

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Wed, Feb 10 2016 9:03 PM

Mark:

I've always loved shooting brakes, but....

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Wed, Feb 10 2016 9:10 PM

Sal:

Mark:

I've always loved shooting brakes, but....

Preferable to the CX with six wheels though.

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Wed, Feb 10 2016 10:24 PM

Agree, Simonbeo... how about this one?

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Feb 11 2016 4:55 PM

ahhhhh Shooting brakes you've now got me going now ......

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Mar 3 2016 1:57 PM

is there a bet between manufactures at Geneva International Motor Show who can claim the most ludicrous figures without actually manufacturing anything...

If so can I join in

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
Posts 136
Bronze Member
Austin replied on Thu, Mar 3 2016 2:44 PM

I actually own a BMW i3. One of the greatest cars I have owned. Great for the environment and ridiculously fun to drive. Plus, it's full of great tech and design.

In terms of stereo, definitely get the upgraded HK package. The base stereo is only two speakers and lacks bass and power, especially with the windows down.

Good luck on your search!

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Mar 17 2016 2:46 PM

I know, I know but I so want to own one....

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Mon, Mar 21 2016 1:39 PM

rather quirky but fun and I don't mean the A2 ..... Johammer  a cross between DeLonghi and Alessi but kind of looks fun

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Wed, Sep 14 2016 5:00 PM

Hi guys - for those of you wondering what has been keeping me from the forums these days... This (among other things). Cool Bought it a few months ago.

2015 Premium GT, 5.0L DOHC V8, 6MT, Performance Package, Recaro seats and Triple Yellow Tri-Coat exterior.

Beo4 'til I die!

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Wed, Sep 14 2016 5:04 PM

Sweet ride, Evan. I was never a Mustang or Corvette guy, somehow I don't have the "American Classic" sensibilities of design, but this iteration of the car does have some really evocative lines. Congratulations on your new baby!

Autoblog published some camouflaged shots of a potential mid-engine Corvette yesterday - great lines. I might actually LIKE a Corvette, too, for once -- if the shape matches what was under the camo.

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Wed, Sep 14 2016 5:24 PM
Sal:

Sweet ride, Evan. I was never a Mustang or Corvette guy, somehow I don't have the "American Classic" sensibilities of design, but this iteration of the car does have some really evocative lines. Congratulations on your new baby!

Autoblog published some camouflaged shots of a potential mid-engine Corvette yesterday - great lines. I might actually LIKE a Corvette, too, for once -- if the shape matches what was under the camo.

Thanks Sal!

I always appreciated the Mustang but never saw myself actually owning one. That all changed when they finally added independent rear suspension and transformed it into a real sports car.

It's also one of the very few 4 cam V8's available with a proper 6MT. The 5.0L will rev all the way to 7,000 rpm and feels like it will accelerate forever. This engine is to die for.

As for style, it is actually gorgeous. I think it will age really well. Completely unlike the the hard aggressive lines of the Camaro and Challenger.

Beo4 'til I die!

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Sep 14 2016 8:21 PM

Absolutely gorgeous Evan! I'm envious! The new Stang is in my view the finest looking one ever, a perfect combination of sleek and modern, while looking like a Mustang should, and very aggressive as well. Ford, like Porsche with the 911, always agonizes over every Stang restyle, it has to still look like a Stang.

I love Stangs, I had two back in my single days, a 1985 Mercury version of the GT, the Capri RT, and following that a notchback 5.0, same as the cops had. Loved both of them, reliable, quick, fast, and loads of fun for not much money. Price has gone up but so has the performance. Handling was good right up until it wasn't, the car could turn and bite you if you got careless, but so could early 911s and other famous sports cars. But I was young enough back then I viewed it as a challenge!

Hope you have a blast with it, I'm sure you will!

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Thu, Sep 15 2016 10:01 AM
Jeff:

Absolutely gorgeous Evan! I'm envious! The new Stang is in my view the finest looking one ever, a perfect combination of sleek and modern, while looking like a Mustang should, and very aggressive as well. Ford, like Porsche with the 911, always agonizes over every Stang restyle, it has to still look like a Stang.

I love Stangs, I had two back in my single days, a 1985 Mercury version of the GT, the Capri RT, and following that a notchback 5.0, same as the cops had. Loved both of them, reliable, quick, fast, and loads of fun for not much money. Price has gone up but so has the performance. Handling was good right up until it wasn't, the car could turn and bite you if you got careless, but so could early 911s and other famous sports cars. But I was young enough back then I viewed it as a challenge!

Hope you have a blast with it, I'm sure you will!

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Thanks, Jeff!! It really is a looker. I'm always looking at the reflections of it in buildings, other cars etc.. absolutely incredible. My favorite part is definitely the brake light area - very fresh but also classic lines.

I'm not too young not to know what the Capri is! Wink The old 5.0 was on my list in case I couldn't find the right 5th generation car. Still a very competent car! Would make for a wonderful project car.

As far as driving dynamics go, the car is definitely suited for carving corners but be warned, things get very slidey when provoked!!

I've only had it for a few months but I've racked up almost 7000 miles!! So yes, I am enjoying it Wink

Beo4 'til I die!

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Thu, Sep 15 2016 10:05 PM

Good looking car nowadays , the Mustang is back on track. It's easy to forget the Mustang 2 and the nineties when you look at the latest model. And it's selling well in Europe now; top selling sports model in Germany! 

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:32 PM
Paris Motor Show... What's your favourite

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Mark:

Paris Motor Show... What's your favourite we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

I like the concept of the EQ

It's also the first time I have seen the CEO dress down ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Sep 29 2016 11:21 PM
I love my Porsche. It feels like a part of me when I drive. I find myself choosing beoplay colors with consideration of what looks nice with the Porsche.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Sep 30 2016 2:37 AM
Aussie Michael:

Mark:

Paris Motor Show... What's your favourite we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

Aussie Michael:

I like the concept of the EQ

It's also the first time I have seen the CEO dress down ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Watched his pitch at the Paris press conference

Quite an exciting vision

BeoNut since '75

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Fri, Sep 30 2016 12:20 PM

I'm liking Renault's Trezor, their eye candy concept car running Formula e running gear (but is it me but it seems to give a design nod to SAAB's Aero X) and Citroen's CXperience (especially the back end)

But alas only Hot Wheels will manufacture either so Porsche 911R gets my vote.

Best name at the show is the electric Mini Moke called NOSMOKE ... 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Mark:

Best name at the show is the electric Mini Moke called NOSMOKE ...

No way :-). That's brilliant.
Page 5 of 8 (305 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS