Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Your latest addi(c)tion?

This post has 1,503 Replies | 6 Followers

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Hi beaker,

no, unfortunately I didn't get this power unit till now... but I am looking for it...

Do you get an original one or are you still using the one you get with the BEO?

Regarding the tuner Minette 609K, I am sure there wasn't  the black version of it. There was only black version of Hi-Fi Stereo Amplifier 608 (called Beolab 610 as you mentioned). What a pitty, it would be very nice set in black. Maybe one of forum members with special skills comes to idea to make one of it. I am sure there are some guys who would be able to do this job perfectly...

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

beaker
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 761
Bronze Member
beaker replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 1:37 PM

I dont have an original one. Mine appears to have been retro fitted with one by someone that certainly knew what they were doing. It can still be used with batteries and uses the correct type of plugs. I reckon it may even have been done at a B&O workshop perhaps after an original power supply failed.

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

Leslie:

That's all? 2x 8500, 5x 9000, 2x 9300, 3x 9500 Whistle

I traded my minty 9300 with a restorated Beomaster 6000 4 channel earlier this year. I kinda regret it, should have bought the 6000 instead!

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

@ baeker:

I would be happy also with a good home made version till I get the original. Maybe I can order one from Martin, if he can make it...

In any case I do not prefer to sponsoring a Battery-Industry for a long time Indifferent

And do you own a black 610? I am always glad to see some pictures of it Yes - thumbs up

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

@ Søren:

The 6000 Quadro seems to be not so good sounding. I am also not satisfied with his sound (though not refited and restaurated) but I think it has to be present in every B&O collection. Its design is simple wonderful! For me it is the nicest B&O device ever produced...

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 3:16 PM

The original BEO 610 mains power supply (910 H 13) was a plug-in module held by two rotating clips, not unlike the
one used for the battery cover.

Martin

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

@Martin

Thx for a pics.

Did you try to make a "home made" version? Would you take a purchase order Whistle ?

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 3:39 PM

the_o_master:

Did you try to make a "home made" version? Would you take a purchase order Whistle ?

No and no.
But it shouldn't be too difficult for you to make your own.

Martin

beaker
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 761
Bronze Member
beaker replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:44 PM

Heres a couple of pics of the power supply in mine. When I say its home made, who ever made it seems to have known what they were doing. It fits in perfectly with the chassis.

For pics of my 610 amp look here

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/2839/25020.aspx#25020

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:02 PM

Søren Hammer:

Leslie:

That's all? 2x 8500, 5x 9000, 2x 9300, 3x 9500 Whistle

I traded my minty 9300 with a restorated Beomaster 6000 4 channel earlier this year. I kinda regret it, should have bought the 6000 instead!

Soren, you traded your BC9300 with a MB6000. So you have a BM6000 now? 

Brengen & Ophalen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

hmm, maybe but without original one and shematic I do not have a chance. Do you have the shematic Martin?

Or, as we can see, Leslie has 3 of them. Maybe he will change his mind and he sells me one of them...

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:14 PM

Oops!!

Brengen & Ophalen

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:27 PM

the_o_master:

Do you have the shematic Martin?

Yes, in the service manual.

Martin

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

so I have to be at least silver member Stick out tongue

service manual of Beo610 or there is a separat service manual of this main power unit?

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

the_o_master:

@ Søren:

The 6000 Quadro seems to be not so good sounding. I am also not satisfied with his sound (though not refited and restaurated) but I think it has to be present in every B&O collection. Its design is simple wonderful! For me it is the nicest B&O device ever produced...

It doesn't sound that nice compared with my original Beomaster 3400 or restorated 4400. The capacitor coupled output amplifiers are not capable of good performance. I know that the Beolab 5000 could get away with such a design - but the 6000 Quad is much more of a compromise.

Leslie:

Soren, you traded your BC9300 with a MB6000. So you have a BM6000 now? 

Yup, my second 6000 Quad. I don't use it, but it is still a part of the collection; listening to some SQ-encoded records every now and then, though my Beomaster 3400 would take over that position when the long winter evenings tempts me to recap it.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

BO
Top 150 Contributor
Halmstad, Sweden
Posts 728
Bronze Member
BO replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:33 PM

Just got my hands on this one. 

50€ from the original owner. Haven´t powered it up yet. Guess I´ll open it up clean it and check solders & caps before I´ll start it up.

//Bo.
A long list...

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Bos00:

Just got my hands on this one. 

50€ from the original owner. Haven´t powered it up yet. Guess I´ll open it up clean it and check solders & caps before I´ll start it up.

My first vintage, now 3 years later I'm waiting for my pickup for BG 1202, then it will be connected with my Beovox 1600, love it, good receiver/amp. check the sliders too.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 2:25 AM

The Beatles remastered vinyl releases - good stuff - especially the early stuff.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 6:11 AM

Lucky you!

Are you perfectly happy with the pressings then?

There is a lot of debate about this, and that's the reason why it was not on my Xmas list...

Jacques

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:42 PM

chartz:

Lucky you!

Are you perfectly happy with the pressings then?

There is a lot of debate about this, and that's the reason why it was not on my Xmas list...

Yes I would take the plunge and buy a few especially the early stuff. The later releases say beyond Revolver would not sound much different than a good original copy

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Eugene are you talking about the latest USD 300.00 14 record box set, or did you purchase some selected records

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:34 PM

Søren Mexico:

Eugene are you talking about the latest USD 300.00 14 record box set, or did you purchase some selected records

You can buy the boxed set if you like or you can buy the LP's individually. I bought the 3 I wanted most but I have heard some of the others at the record store I shop at.

The one I might still buy is Hard Day's Night although I already have a good vinyl copy US release and an original British EMI release on CD.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Thanks Eugene, that is what I will do too, I have a pair of "originals" (pressed in Mexico), so I will just go for some of the older ones

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 1:41 AM

Søren Mexico:

Thanks Eugene, that is what I will do too, I have a pair of "originals" (pressed in Mexico), so I will just go for some of the older ones

I have not encountered any of the "pressing" problems I read about on Amazon. Perhaps they have sorted them out now. Or, maybe I was just lucky. "With the Beatles" is outstanding IMO. Growing up we had a copy of "Meet the Beatles".

My other obsession and seasonal addiction is all the care and attention I pay anually to my heirloom Amaryllis. The original bulb was cultivated by my late grandmother in the 1950's. It's offspring have been in the family ever since.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Beautiful, my addition to tradition is baking danish Xmas cookies, as my grandmother and my mother did, my sister do it in DK and I here in Mexico.

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 3:10 AM

my mother bakes danish cookies at Xmas. "funny mans buckles" and the deep fried batter cookies in star patterns. Then there are the herrings, pickled, raw and smoked (kippered) served on flat bread with sharp cheese or spread, although I actually prefer it with cream cheese or brie.

One thing I dont miss is the lutefisk we would sometimes have when the grandparent and great grandparents were still around.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

eugene1960:

my mother bakes danish cookies at Xmas. "funny mans buckles" and the deep fried batter cookies in star patterns. Then there are the herrings, pickled, raw and smoked (kippered) served on flat bread with sharp cheese or spread, although I actually prefer it with cream cheese or brie.

One thing I dont miss is the lutefisk we would sometimes have when the grandparent and great grandparents were still around.

Agree the lutefisk (Norwegian), klipfisk (Danish) we dont need, and I love herring in all its appearances, swimming i Danish Aquavit.

We are off topic here, but a nice little Xmas talk.Big Smile

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member

Yes my original post was a faint to show my latest new addi(c)tion but somehow it went way off topic.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Do I see a P50 or P45 ??

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 4:16 AM

Søren Mexico:

Do I see a P50 or P45 ??

nah just the lowly P30 but I was lucky and got the pair for 65 dollars including shipping. I like them even if they are not properly mounted and I suppose being plugged into a BM 5000 and leaning against a pair of S-75's is probably is not what the designers in Struer had in mind. In spite of that they actually sound pretty nice.

No buyers remorse at my end on this pair. Just need to find them a wall to mount up to. I am thinking bedroom with with a BM 1600

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Paid the double for my P45s, will see them in McAllen next week, I hope with the magnets in place.

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:16 PM

This is probably the last addiction on this year, but Hey, now I have Complete Beosystem 1200!!!!

Do need some woodwork and beltwork, at least...

blah-blah and photographs as needed

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:51 PM

My latest addition is this lot, bought on a danish on-line auction. 2300 DKKr (approx. 400 US$ incl. fee) . Big Smile

The Beovox 4500's are in MINT condition - absolutely NO scratches. So i'll swap them with the ones I have (with a few minor scratches) -and sell the 'old' ones.

The 5500 system: The CD won't play (guess it's just the usual cap issue). The BM is playing -but does not respond to remote signals. The Beocord needs new belts. Should be easy to fix.

I've already sold most of the other stuff (MCP 5500, MCL 2P, MCL2 AV, one of the MCL 2A boxes, 2 transceivers and 1 BeoLink 1000 - for more than I payed for the lot Lets have a Party !!!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Steffen:
My latest addition is this lot, bought on a danish on-line auction. 2300 DKKr (approx. 400 US$ incl. fee)

Fantastic collection - well done !

BeoNut since '75

Chaka
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago
Posts 312
Bronze Member
Chaka replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 4:35 AM

http://youtu.be/xXmrVfB19XY

Big momma can belt it!!

Black women!!  Stick out tongue

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:15 AM

Nice one Steffen .

BO
Top 150 Contributor
Halmstad, Sweden
Posts 728
Bronze Member
BO replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 11:08 AM

Just got this one on an auction. Previous owner had dropped it on the floor. One of the doors have the glass broken and door is not working properly, CD is not working. Some work to do.

//Bo.
A long list...

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 11:56 AM

Found another Beolab/master 5000 with all the paperworkSmile

Brengen & Ophalen

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 12:46 PM

How come only you can find all this stuff anyway? 

Jacques

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

only the paperwork or devices too?

pictures or didn't happen Wink

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Page 4 of 38 (1504 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS