Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

This post has 965 Replies | 3 Followers

ptrv
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
ptrv replied on Mon, Jan 7 2019 7:54 PM | Locked

I understand people saying WiSA is not really showing anything new at CES2019, but what I do think is different this year is that they’re now working with a big player like LG. Hopefully, this will help gain traction for the system and B&O WiSA speakers in particular.

ptrv
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
ptrv replied on Mon, Jan 7 2019 7:54 PM | Locked

I understand people saying WiSA is not really showing anything new at CES2019, but what I do think is different this year is that they’re now working with a big player like LG. Hopefully, this will help gain traction for the system and B&O WiSA speakers in particular.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Mon, Jan 7 2019 9:01 PM | Locked

LG and the WiSA feature is the subject of this thread.

I can’t tell, whether the WiSA Organisation is showing anything or not....because I don’t know.

I just notced that LG does not have much focus on it - or maybe the majority of the reporters aren’t interested.

The guy from Digital Trends seems to generally have more focus on sound - he has often mentioned/reviewed B&O gear in earlier reports.

Would be nice if people could share, when they find something WiSA related from CES 2019 - there is so much going on there.....hard to get an overview.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Jan 8 2019 6:08 AM | Locked

Torben Rasmussen:
Then we got an answer to WISA on LG2019. There can be a maximum of 5.1 sound and the
configuration you pair, the TV will always use, ie if you have 5.1 then everything will be converted
to 5.1. Nobodyintelligent sound up and down. You cannot pair WiSA with more than 1 transmitter,
ie, speakers are paired to a TV, so they cannot be paired with a Transmitter 1.

A dongle inserted TV is required to access WiSA.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Tue, Jan 8 2019 9:48 AM | Locked

Thanks to Torben.

Pretty sure that some could live with this mediocre solution....I couldn’t.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Jan 8 2019 10:45 AM | Locked

It's also a way of saying this on Millemissen. Then your B&O became shares
reduced by as much as 34 per cent. So you still can't afford new TV. Idea

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 7:37 AM | Locked

The LG rollable display is now a real 65-inch TV - Click here.

This will be a dream for the lady, so she can see
flowers in the window when she is not watching TV. Big Smile

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 8:57 AM | Locked

A wireless audio protocol known simply as WiSA. - Click here.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 9:23 AM | Locked

It's so amazing that a screen can be rolled up 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 2:24 PM | Locked

As 'old' beoworld and B&O fan, Click here. I wish the B&O would at least continue to be part of these new developments.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 7:22 PM | Locked

LG SIGNATURE OLED TV R. - Click here -  https://vimeo.com/310173331

This year, LG has also added WiSA wireless audio as an option to their
OLED TV, which means that this TV can connect to wireless speakers
from brands with WiSA such as Klipsch, Bang & Olufsen, System Audio.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jan 10 2019 8:18 AM | Locked

Directly from CES 2019 the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

Torben Rasmussen:
Dongle to WISA. We have also seen how, after all, manually
can switch to 2.0 configuration in the menu without removing pairing.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, Jan 11 2019 10:29 PM | Locked

Now we have a little more to relate to than we had on page 1.
Shall we start thinking about a future with the new LG TV versions, and BeoLab WiSA. ?
Shall we expect a future with one new B&O HDMI 2.1/ eARC SoundCenter simultaneously. ?

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 543
Bronze Member
Barry Santini replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 11:23 AM | Locked
Whatever that future soundbar is, both firmware and software updates better be easy. And I for one, would be willing to pay to ensure compatibility and ease.
Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:16 PM | Locked

how much? and when is it too much? just curiousSmile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 6:43 PM | Locked

What about the future -
Every day around the world, a BeoVision TV breaks down and cannot be repaired.
Then, the owners are forced to choose another brand. Eclipse stops when B&O has
used their last LG C7. In collaboration with LG, which owns the WebOS platform.
B&O made its own submenu system on Eclipse. If a similar solution does not exist
its way, as was the case with Eclipse. What if Bang & Olufsen does not deliver a new
SoundCenter and your BeoVision TV is gone. What about the other B&O products
you have purchased besides WiSA-compatible BeoLab speakers. Think about it.

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 7:26 PM | Locked
Peter Pan:

What about the future - Every day around the world, a BeoVision TV breaks down and cannot be repaired. Then, the owners are forced to choose another brand. Eclipse stops when B&O has used their last LG C7. In collaboration with LG, which owns the WebOS platform. B&O made its own submenu system on Eclipse. If a similar solution does not exist its way, as was the case with Eclipse. What if Bang & Olufsen does not deliver a new SoundCenter and your BeoVision TV is gone. What about the other B&O products you have purchased besides WiSA-compatible BeoLab speakers. Think about it.

You can always run you speakers through a third party system. No WISA required. I have beovox 3000 in my bedroom as I love them run with Core 2018 and a beolink passive from 1995 and a oneremote spliiter between my BV6 from 2010. So lets not panic. I hate the ML/NL converter as it destroyed three tweeters in total as the “sound” did not came through but eventually it did... yesterday again. Poef dead. So in short we will always be able to use our loved beolabs

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Sun, Jan 13 2019 6:16 AM | Locked

chucky:
So lets not panic.
Hi chucky
I have also composed my Home Cinema of Older B&O - Click here. But the day my BeoVision TV stops. Stops the heart
of my setup. But I am NOT infiltrated so much into B & O's ecosystem that everything is controlled from the TV panel.

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sun, Jan 13 2019 8:02 AM | Locked
Peter Pan:

Stops the heart of my setup. But I am NOT infiltrated so much into B & O's ecosystem that everything is controlled from the TV panel.

I also have little faith in the future of the beovision as is, so I am looking in to other options. Like you say the heart stops. For me it has already stopped after they gently killed ML and moved on to NL. It is simply not not integradable. I have custom installers in the house and they even had trouble to instal the converter. It is not reliable, it sometimes simply does not respond. So no ML or NL for me I will use rs232 or IP control, no more dependent on any supplier or there way of moving forward. You move to Wisa, I ask Steve for cables Smile. The result is the same no Beovisions any more and making sure we can use all our B&O gear for the years to come.

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sun, Jan 13 2019 1:35 PM | Locked
chucky:

I also have little faith in the future of the beovision as is, so I am looking in to other options. Like you say the heart stops. For me it has already stopped after they gently killed ML and moved on to NL. It is simply not not integradable. I have custom installers in the house and they even had trouble to instal the converter. It is not reliable, it sometimes simply does not respond. So no ML or NL for me I will use rs232 or IP control, no more dependent on any supplier or there way of moving forward. You move to Wisa, I ask Steve for cables . The result is the same no Beovisions any more and making sure we can use all our B&O gear for the years to come.

From Beovision to doorbel...all B&O what rings.

Chucky- that’s why I bought two BeoSystem 3s and two Beomaster 7000s. They can drive just about any display up to 1080p, can handle my older datalink sources and interface with ML and MCL2 rooms. I just use MCL2 P to drive any passive speakers from any brand I want and can connect any of my Beolab speakers as well. All with reliable copper wire. No router swapping, no interference, no drop outs. B&O offers nothing like this any longer. If I want to add WiFi or Bluetooth, I just add the latest popular device - Apple or google based or both.

I’m ok with buying stuff from the used market, it’s much more affordable, but it is sad that B&O left their legacy in the dust to try to attract new customers that have no reason to develop loyalty.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sun, Jan 13 2019 7:38 PM | Locked
Yes it is a shame B&O moving this way but we get Wisa, It could eventually help us to be more independent from only B&O but Steve our sponsor will go bust. I do not want that to happen and besides wired is always better no matter what.Wink
Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts 163
Bronze Member
Dante replied on Sun, Jan 13 2019 8:57 PM | Locked

Does anyone know why B&O Wisa Receiver doesn't have a SPDIF out so that I can connect my BL5?

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Sun, Jan 13 2019 9:54 PM | Locked

DMacri:
chucky:

I also have little faith in the future of the beovision as is, so I am looking in to other options. Like you say the heart stops. For me it has already stopped after they gently killed ML and moved on to NL. It is simply not not integradable. I have custom installers in the house and they even had trouble to instal the converter. It is not reliable, it sometimes simply does not respond. So no ML or NL for me I will use rs232 or IP control, no more dependent on any supplier or there way of moving forward. You move to Wisa, I ask Steve for cables . The result is the same no Beovisions any more and making sure we can use all our B&O gear for the years to come.

From Beovision to doorbel...all B&O what rings.

Chucky- that’s why I bought two BeoSystem 3s and two Beomaster 7000s. They can drive just about any display up to 1080p, can handle my older datalink sources and interface with ML and MCL2 rooms. I just use MCL2 P to drive any passive speakers from any brand I want and can connect any of my Beolab speakers as well. All with reliable copper wire. No router swapping, no interference, no drop outs. B&O offers nothing like this any longer. If I want to add WiFi or Bluetooth, I just add the latest popular device - Apple or google based or both.

I’m ok with buying stuff from the used market, it’s much more affordable, but it is sad that B&O left their legacy in the dust to try to attract new customers that have no reason to develop loyalty.

Mercedes and Porsche have done a nice job recognizing that many of their old but not so rare products are quite robust and have owners willing and able to keep them running. Perhaps a B&O Classic company in Europe could  be successful recreating or securing parts for a portion of the line? I think the market will be very nice for BeoSystem 3, especially with HDMI output, plus ML and NL Gateways. Maybe hurt myself saying this as I lack the means to hoard any and the price for those will surely rise. 1080p is plenty for the Pipe and Harris Tweed crowd. 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Mon, Jan 14 2019 6:55 AM | Locked

@ poodleboy

'B&O Classic'- company - is a good idea. I wish me a completely new B&O MMC 1 Pickup. Beer

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Mon, Jan 14 2019 2:08 PM | Locked

SandyB:
The rollable OLED is very cool - though not sure it suits every use case / environment.

@ SandyB

LG Signature OLED R -
Now we have to wait half a year. The concept is smart and fits our interior design. So I can dream.

I'm excited to see a test of this TV.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Jan 14 2019 2:17 PM | Locked
It's certainly very cool - the LG product, that is (not the pictures).

Anyway, i tend to wall mount my screens, and don't want a box on the floor.

Personally I'd also like some user experience etc with any screen degradation / issues with a rollable panel. I'm assuming it will be okay, but who knows once the product is out in the wild.

If I had to get something this year, a wallpaper screen works better for me.

But in general, the rollable is a great idea.
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 5:58 AM | Locked

The LG Signature OLED TV R can be partially rolled up to display the time,
the weather, photos, an ambient scene like a fireplace, stream music and
access to the home dashboard.

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 7:34 PM | Locked
Peter Pan:

The LG Signature OLED TV R can be partially rolled up to display the time, the weather, photos, an ambient scene like a fireplace, stream music and access to the home dashboard.

Peter are you in Love ? Stick out tongue

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 7:48 PM | Locked

He might not be once he sees the price!

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 8:45 PM | Locked

Might be Scandinavian design; Ikea or Lego?

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 8:49 PM | Locked

New from WiSA
Standards for wireless, hi-definition, multi-channel audio for TV, movies, sports and games.- Click here.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 10:29 PM | Locked
Nothing wrong with being in love, iam rather smitten too Big Smile though i do have an empty wall and don’t have the ability to make my livingroom face a window unfortunatelyStick out tongue

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 10:38 PM | Locked

Just put a picture of an Eclipse on that empty wall, then 😉

MM

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 11:31 PM | Locked
Lol, can you imagine. The screen rolls down gently to show you a painting of an eclipse Stick out tongue

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Jan 16 2019 8:23 AM | Locked

For dreamers with hope. - Expected price 17.900. GBP

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member
Millemissen replied on Wed, Jan 16 2019 9:55 AM | Locked

Mikipidia:
Lol, can you imagine. The screen rolls down gently to show you a painting of an eclipse Stick out tongue

And leave your BROne on the coffetable - to make the illusion perfect.......untill you want to listen/watch from the R-OLED 😏

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Wed, Jan 16 2019 10:01 PM | Locked

Big Smile  Millemissen

Present and Future.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Thu, Jan 17 2019 7:36 AM | Locked

It is probably a ½ year since it was announced that B&O will launch two Sound Center, in two
price classes. But only a few pip from the UK that a B&O dealer has heard of one Upcoming
Sound Center allows for individual LG TV connectivity, otherwise there has been deep silence.
At the CES fair, the veil was not lifted for anything in that direction. It has also been written that
after Eclipse there will be no more TVs from B&O. I am losing faith in B & O as an alternative
supplier, after Eclipse departs from the B&O range. Has anyone an input that can bring my
belief in B&O back. ?

NOW TIME: A BeoVision Eclipse from 2017, which will not follow the technological development
in 2019 on the AV front. Future: LG's 2019 versions, and hopefully something new from B&O
that can bind Bang & Olufsen's ecosystem with LG's 2019 TV versions.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Jan 17 2019 8:28 AM | Locked

I'm going to buck the trend and say I don't care much for the roll-up TV. No doubt it is novel and if it rolled up into a slimline box or tube then fine but if the option is a wallpaper TV or a 2 metre coffin in my living room then it will be wallpaper TV every time,  the roll-up base is far more intrusive.

Ban boring signatures!

Page 6 of 25 (966 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS