Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLiving news & support from Khimo!

This post has 635 Replies | 20 Followers

Steven_London
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Bronze Member

Hi Ivan,

It was early days with IFTTT and Webhooks I went into the config screen for Webhooks to see what settings there were. When I saved it definitely changed the key. So I had to change every resource making use of webhooks and it was quite a lot. So yes probably not a day to day issue but it would definitely make the strings shorter when setting up resources that use webhooks.

Regarding Evohome, would be great. I have used Webhooks to set a few pre configured temperatures... hence I discovered the above. When using macros I can trigger the setting of a temperature. But it would be great to have more control over individual room temparates and also get feedback from the API to give the current room temp which would be nicely displayed in the Beolink / BeoLiving App.

Thanks

Steven

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

1990:

I meant the tutorial that MM linked to!

Yes, the JOIN command is not available on the scene configuration through the app. Macro configuration (available on PRO) is required for this.

Steven_London:

It was early days with IFTTT and Webhooks I went into the config screen for Webhooks to see what settings there were. When I saved it definitely changed the key. So I had to change every resource making use of webhooks and it was quite a lot. So yes probably not a day to day issue but it would definitely make the strings shorter when setting up resources that use webhooks.

Regarding Evohome, would be great. I have used Webhooks to set a few pre configured temperatures... hence I discovered the above. When using macros I can trigger the setting of a temperature. But it would be great to have more control over individual room temparates and also get feedback from the API to give the current room temp which would be nicely displayed in the Beolink / BeoLiving App.

Ok, I definitely see where you're going with the Webhooks driver, we will look into it :)

Thank a lot for the Evohome feedback, I will let all of you here know if there is any news on this front!

fedeceru
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
fedeceru replied on Wed, May 15 2019 2:17 PM

Dear Ivan,

I'm new in the B&O world.

I've just made home renovation and I've set up a Crestron automation control system.

For the AV equipments, I've choosen the Crestron MC3 processor to control a Blustream HDMI/HDBASET Matrix.

With BL can I control the MC3 processor in order to have just one remote control to choose light/shade scenario as well to choose Matrix input/output option and to command the various source attached to the matrix?

Thanks for the help,

FCI

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

fedeceru:

Dear Ivan,

I'm new in the B&O world.

I've just made home renovation and I've set up a Crestron automation control system.

For the AV equipments, I've choosen the Crestron MC3 processor to control a Blustream HDMI/HDBASET Matrix.

With BL can I control the MC3 processor in order to have just one remote control to choose light/shade scenario as well to choose Matrix input/output option and to command the various source attached to the matrix?

Hello fedeceru,

Welcome! Does this mean we are no longer the new guys here? Stick out tongue

Crestron does not provide any generic protocol to control dimmers/shades an all the resources that they could control. So, in order to be able to access the state and to control all these resources, you should create your own protocol and implement it on the Crestron's side.

From the BLI you can then create your own driver to implement the protocol and communicate or you can use Custom strings for a more basic integration.

In any case, please let us know if you need any help from our side. Smile

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, May 18 2019 11:52 AM

Ivan,

Have you considered adding Phililps Hue accessories such as wall remotes, wall dimmers, and motion sensors as resources so that we can use them as triggers in macros?

julianhudson
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

I would love to see Honeywell Evohome integration :)

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Hi Ivan

Thanks for the response. I have now installed a Beoliving Intelligence and transferred my setup from BeoLink Gateway.

What I am looking for from L&K regarding the IHC system is the control of temperature. I have 2 IHC controllers installed and can control the temperature around the house if I use the L&K app. I asked Morten Hemmingsen and he promises to contact L&K to get information to setup the driver in a way, so one can control the temperature via the B&O app as well.

Can you help here ?

BR Rudi

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member
Hello all! Sorry for the delayed response, it has been a hectic week.

Beojeff: We have looked into the Philips Hue switches and triggers, at the moment their API does not provide Realtime events for these devices, so until they update their communication protocol, this will not be possible.

Rudi Pedersen: As you are probably aware, thermostat integration is not available currently in our LK driver, we have communicated with LK to see if they are willing to give us access to the API that covers this communication.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member
We are happy to tell you all that we have decided to go ahead with the Honeywell EvoHome system integration! There will be more news on this front soon.

On the subject of newly supported systems, we have added community developed drivers to support BioLock IP65, iRobot Roomba, Rachio Irrigation, DSC PowerSeries Security and generic home automation buttons and dimmers for systems like Crestron or Control4. You may now go to Tools-->Advanced-->Install external drivers on your PRO BLI to start integrating these systems in your current system.

I have also gone ahead and implemented the driver to facilitate IFTTT integration through Webhooks as Steven_London had suggested. I have uploaded the driver's Lua code to GitHub, it is a very simple implementation and some of you may be interested in it: https://github.com/khimo/bli-open-drivers

julianhudson
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Hi Ivan,

Great news on Honeywell Evohome.  Look forward to hearing more soon.  Is there a solution for CAME automation products?

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, May 31 2019 12:09 PM

Ivan at Khimo.com:

We are happy to tell you all that we have decided to go ahead with the Honeywell EvoHome system integration! There will be more news on this front soon.
On the subject of newly supported systems, we have added community developed drivers to support BioLock IP65, iRobot Roomba, Rachio Irrigation, DSC PowerSeries Security and generic home automation buttons and dimmers for systems like Crestron or Control4. You may now go to Tools-->Advanced-->Install external drivers on your PRO BLI to start integrating these systems in your current system.

I have also gone ahead and implemented the driver to facilitate IFTTT integration through Webhooks as Steven_London had suggested. I have uploaded the driver's Lua code to GitHub, it is a very simple implementation and some of you may be interested in it: https://github.com/khimo/bli-open-drivers

I've tried the iRobot Roomba driver but cannot establish a connection. I found the IP address in the iRobot iOS app but I can't find the port so I tried using port 80. How do you find the port?

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Jun 1 2019 2:56 PM

beojeff:

Ivan at Khimo.com:

I've tried the iRobot Roomba driver but cannot establish a connection. I found the IP address in the iRobot iOS app but I can't find the port so I tried using port 80. How do you find the port?

Support at Roomba suggested using port 8883, but that still does not work.

Steven_London
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Bronze Member

Ivan

great news on ifttt and evohome.

thanks

steven

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member
beojeff:

The driver is not for the newer WIFI enabled Roombas but for an add-on interface called Thinking Cleaner that can be connected to all the Roomba 500 series, most of the 600 series and some of the 700-800 series, according to their site.
We will change the name as we realize it can be misleading. Integration with the WIFI enabled Roombas can be done via IFTTT where plenty of functions are available.

JulianHudson, we do not have support for integration with CAME systems, but the request will be taken into consideration :)
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Jun 5 2019 1:09 AM

Ivan at Khimo.com:

beojeff:

The driver is not for the newer WIFI enabled Roombas but for an add-on interface called Thinking Cleaner that can be connected to all the Roomba 500 series, most of the 600 series and some of the 700-800 series, according to their site.
We will change the name as we realize it can be misleading. Integration with the WIFI enabled Roombas can be done via IFTTT where plenty of functions are available.

I believe that I have a Roomba model 690. It's wifi-enabled. That's really disappointing (and misleading) that the driver is for such an old model. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work. IFTTT is not the same as directly integration with BLGW.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Jun 5 2019 1:26 AM

I've deleted that ridiculously worthless Roomba driver.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

1990:

* Is an Android-app on the roadmap?

Hello everybody!

We are currently in the last phase of development of the new BeoLiving app for Android, the beta version is currently ready for testing and we are looking for users willing to join our beta testers and try out the app on your individual installations!

If you wish to get early access to the app and provide feedback on it, please send an email to support+beta@khimo.com and we will be in touch soon :)

Steven_London
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Bronze Member

Hi Ivan,

I have now installed and configured the IFTTT Webhooks driver, it works like a charm and really simplifies the strings when setting up resources. Many thanks. 

One more driver that would be really useful, the other reason I'm using webhooks, is for Somfy Tahoma. The IFTTT implementation is quite limited, can only control scenarios while the Somfy app allows control of individual blinds. Not sure if this is an IFTTT or Somfy limitiation but would be great if the BLGW could interact with Somfy directly.

Thanks

Steven

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi Steven,

Great to hear about the webhooks driver!!!

This is the second request we get for these shades, of course we will look into it and evaluate the possibility. It would be great to hear if there are more people here interested in the sOmfy system!

Best,

Ivan

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Jun 21 2019 4:54 PM

Count me in for the Somfy driver!!!

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi all,

We are in the testing phase of a new driver to integrate with Fibaro Lights, switches and shades!

Anybody interested in getting early access to test how this works in your installations and give us some feedback? Send us an email at support+beta@khimo.com Smile

Normann
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 277
Bronze Member
Normann replied on Thu, Jul 4 2019 7:07 AM

I am also interested in the Somfy system

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Thu, Jul 4 2019 2:30 PM

Hello Ivan

I'm wondering if you can integrate TV's from other brands. Do you offer e.g. a LG TV IP Driver? So, if you in the future replace your B&o with a LG TV would the investment be protected?

Or is it just a Bang & Olufsen solution in terms of Video integration?

Thanks

Reto

BeoHut
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 482
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Sun, Jul 7 2019 10:15 AM

In the Netherlands, Somfy is much used for blinds/shades. Please develop a driver for the comfy Tahoma box.

QMotion is hardly to become here in the Netherlands. Will it be Z-wave based?

Thanx in advance!

mikewalsh
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
mikewalsh replied on Mon, Jul 8 2019 12:13 PM

I'm also interested in integration with Somfy..

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Thank you all for showing your interest in the sOmfy systems, it will very much be taken in to account!

Reto:

Hello Ivan

I'm wondering if you can integrate TV's from other brands. Do you offer e.g. a LG TV IP Driver? So, if you in the future replace your B&o with a LG TV would the investment be protected?

Or is it just a Bang & Olufsen solution in terms of Video integration?

Thanks

Reto

Hi Reto,

At the moment integration with third party TVs with open APIs can be obtained by creating drivers, these can even be written by advanced users. With this driver integration, control is only possible through Macros (BLI Pro).

We are now considering the possibility of adding support for third-party TVs on the BeoLiving app, as ocurrs with B&O TVs. Would this be the kind of control you are interested in?

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Thu, Jul 11 2019 6:03 PM

Hi Ivan

Great news. That is exactly what I was hoping for! I tended to go with control4. But this seems the far better option then.

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member

Hi Ivan

Great news. That is exactly what I was hoping for! I tended to go with control4. But this seems the far better option then.

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
Posts 43
Bronze Member

Hi Ivan

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hello again!

We are very glad to announce that Fibaro integration with the BLI and the BLGW is now available! Through the Fibaro HomeCenter, you may now control and add all integrated Dimmers, RGBW colour lights, Shades and ON/OFF devices to your installation.

Go to Tools-->Advanced-->Install external drivers on your PRO BLI to start integrating these devices in your current system!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Aug 8 2019 4:17 PM

As a relatief question: how will the BLI work with the Harmony and the new B&O-app for the 9-Series LG? Will the Home Control- screen interface be available on these new models?

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Aug 9 2019 5:30 PM

Speaking of the Home Control screen, the interface really needs to be updated. It's far too cumbersome to navigate as it is. EVERYTHING is just dumped onto one screen. It would make more sense to use the color buttons to navigate to sub-screens for lights, thermostats, etc. logically organized together to each sub-screen. Something similar to how the interface on the app is organized. This should be updated across all BeoVisions -- past and present -- that have the Home Control.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

1990:

As a relatief question: how will the BLI work with the Harmony and the new B&O-app for the 9-Series LG? Will the Home Control- screen interface be available on these new models?

Yes! The HOME CONTROL panel will be available for these new models.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:

Speaking of the Home Control screen, the interface really needs to be updated. It's far too cumbersome to navigate as it is. EVERYTHING is just dumped onto one screen. It would make more sense to use the color buttons to navigate to sub-screens for lights, thermostats, etc. logically organized together to each sub-screen. Something similar to how the interface on the app is organized. This should be updated across all BeoVisions -- past and present -- that have the Home Control.

Thanks for the suggestion!

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Bronze Member
andybandy replied on Mon, Aug 12 2019 11:37 PM

Hi Ivan

I wonder if you plan to integrate the support of driver to xComfort by eaton

Its a system that is used by alot of new house building her in my country, and I now it will support all off the B&O shop to increase sale into customers in my country. Hope you can look into get this support, if its not already supported. Then I will be happy to know about it. We have talk with the product support at B&O and they say it have been look into in the older Beolink gateway, but not yet support, and the new BLI pro, they tell to ask you directly for support it. 

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Wed, Sep 11 2019 3:44 PM

Hello Ivan,

I have created two modes for my BLI. Night and Day. At sunset my BLI goes to Night mode and some of my hue lights are turned on to 100% some to 75%. The reason is to save on electricity whilst I am away. I am looking for a way to make all of them turn on at 100% when I am at home and the BLI goes to night mode. I am using the Home/Away state of my NEST thermostat to make them turn to 100% when I arrive home at night but this macro is for when I ARRIVE home not whilst I AM home and the BLI goes to night mode. In simple words I would like my lights to turn on to 100% if I am home but if I am away I want them to turn to 75%. Any ideas?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hello Tassos!

What we will do is to create 2 different night modes: "Night at home" and  "Night away".

After that you should create 3 macros:

1. A LUA macro that will follow the clock and set the corresponding night mode depending on the Nest status:

2. A macro that monitor NEST and set NIGHT AWAY if applies:

3. A macro that monitor NEST and set NIGHT AT HOME  if applies:

There are several ways of making this work, this is just one. We hope that this is useful!

Best!

the Khimo team.-

FOLLOWS LUA CODE FOR THE FIRST MACRO:

function(event, engine)
  -- Define the resource address in your project:
  local nest_home_away_button_address = "First floor/global/BUTTON/HomeAway"
  local bli_address = "*/*/SYSTEM/BLI"

-- Get nest state
   local nest_home_away_button = engine.query(nest_home_away_button_address)[1]

if nest_home_away_button.get("_SYSTEM_MODE") == "Away" then
       -- the system is away!
       engine.fire(bli_address .. "/SET MODE?mode=Night away")
   else
       -- we are at home!
       engine.fire(bli_address .. "/SET MODE?mode=Night at home")
   end
end

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Sep 12 2019 6:07 AM

Thank you for the super fast response!!!! Really appreciate it!!! I will implement as soon as possible!!!Big Smile

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Sep 12 2019 12:24 PM

Hello again,

I have created the two night modes and the three macros. The macros work perfectly but when I fire the LUA macro the BLI doesn't switch mode.

I have changed the First floor part on line three to match my setup. This is the LUA I have on my screen.

function(event, engine)
  -- Define the resource address in your project:
  local nest_home_away_button_address = "Main/global/BUTTON/HomeAway"
  local bli_address = "*/*/SYSTEM/BLI"

-- Get nest state
   local nest_home_away_button = engine.query(nest_home_away_button_address)[1]

if nest_home_away_button.get("_SYSTEM_MODE") == "Away" then
       -- the system is away!
       engine.fire(bli_address .. "/SET MODE?mode=Night away")
   else
       -- we are at home!
       engine.fire(bli_address .. "/SET MODE?mode=Night at home")
   end
end

Any ideas?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Hi @Tassos,

Can you share your config with us? You can send it to our support at khimo.com email.

Best,

the Khimo team

Page 2 of 16 (636 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS