Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLiving news & support from Khimo!

This post has 635 Replies | 20 Followers

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:

Until recently, it had been possible to use the Ikea Tradfri light system by pairing the lights with Philips Hue and using the Philips Hue driver. However, it seems that a recent firmware update of the Philips Hue bridge no longer allows pairing the Tradfri lights with Hue. Could you add a driver for us to integral the Ikea Tradfri lights directly with the BLGW?

We will add the Ikea Tradfri to the drivers wishlist. Do you know if there is an open API for their gateway?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

JensHauge:

I have a BLGW and have tried to connect my Dahua IP camera's to the BLGW without any success at all. Note the Dahua Ip camareas are connect though an Dahua NVR box. 

1. Does the BLI Support the Dahua IP camera's ?

2. And would there be a difference to the BLGW in terms of Dahua IP camera's support?

3. Does it make a difference if the Dahua Ip camere's are connect though a Dahua NVR box?

4. Aslo, can you integrate the a Dahua doorbell (dahua vto2000a) with BLI?

Hi JensHauge,

Neither the BLI nor the BLGW have any special support for Dahua.

Anyway, any camera with JPEG URL (and an optional RTSP/MP4 stream) should work. Sometimes it is difficult to find the correct URLs to make them work.

You can find the URL of some Dahua models at the following URL: https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Dahua

On page 45 of the BLGW installation manual, you will find instructions of camera configuration with the old gateway's interface.

Please, let us know if you succeed and which URLs you used!

Best,

the Khimo team.-

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Nov 4 2019 4:21 PM

Khimo Support:

beojeff:

Until recently, it had been possible to use the Ikea Tradfri light system by pairing the lights with Philips Hue and using the Philips Hue driver. However, it seems that a recent firmware update of the Philips Hue bridge no longer allows pairing the Tradfri lights with Hue. Could you add a driver for us to integral the Ikea Tradfri lights directly with the BLGW?

We will add the Ikea Tradfri to the drivers wishlist. Do you know if there is an open API for their gateway?

I came across this site where someone details how to control Tradfri from a Pi:

https://learn.pimoroni.com/tutorial/sandyj/controlling-ikea-tradfri-lights-from-your-pi 

kawo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 148
Bronze Member
kawo replied on Tue, Nov 19 2019 11:05 AM

Hi Khimo Team, I am moving on from my old ML system now to the NL world and alo looking into home automation. 

A solution with a very high market share is eq3 with their homematic IP products (also OEMed to Deutsche Telekom, RWE and Bosch). https://www.eq-3.com/start.html

I understand that homematic IP comes with an integration to Conrad connect (https://conradconnect.com/en) which comes with IFTTT support https://conradconnect.com/en/brand/ifttt

Would this be a route to integrate to Homematic IP? Or are you considering to add native support?

Da
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
Da replied on Wed, Nov 20 2019 9:06 AM

Is there any solution to change the default volume of BeoSound 1 from BLGW?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

kawo:

... A solution with a very high market share is eq3 with their homematic IP products (also OEMed to Deutsche Telekom, RWE and Bosch). https://www.eq-3.com/start.html

I understand that homematic IP comes with an integration to Conrad connect (https://conradconnect.com/en) which comes with IFTTT support https://conradconnect.com/en/brand/ifttt

Would this be a route to integrate to Homematic IP? Or are you considering to add native support?

Hi Kawo

This is the first time we heard about Homematic IP. Currently, making a driver for it is not on the roadmap. Of course, you can request a quote to create the driver, but we couldn't find an open API from them, therefore, they should allow us to use their internal API to create a driver.

With IFTTT, you can do a basic iteration, like activating a scene but you won't get all the power of the BLI and it is not that reliable.

Best,

the Khimo team

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Da:

Is there any solution to change the default volume of BeoSound 1 from BLGW?

Currently, it is not possible to do it from the BLGW or from the BLI. How you plan to use it? Maybe it's something that we can add to the BLI in the future, if there are use cases for it.

JensHauge
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
JensHauge replied on Sun, Nov 24 2019 11:08 PM

For the Dahua IP camera's the URL's webpage was the trick for me, thanks a million! Jens

beoandy
Not Ranked
sissi not kangaroo
Posts 329
Gold Member
beoandy replied on Mon, Nov 25 2019 6:29 PM

Hi Khimo team! 

maybe there is a bug in the new release. (beolinving v1.1.3) the app is running on a ipad  wall mounted and always on (24/7). 

the beolink system (beosound essence and other rooms beosound moment) are not reachable after a couple of hours. Also the light sliders (Philips hue) does not update the status. 

After restarting the app everything works like it should. (for further 4 or 5 hours) The second ipad (same configuration but with the beoliving app v. 1.1.2) works perfect over days. (beolink gateway v1.5.4.533; ipad ios 13.2.3) – after updating the beoliving app to v.1.1.3 I sign out and login the account as recommended. (fix ip)

thanks beoandy

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, BV9, BV6-22, BS 5, BS 4500, BS 7000, BC 9500, Beo6, BL Penta, F1000, BLGW, etc....

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beoandy:

maybe there is a bug in the new release. (beolinving v1.1.3) the app is running on a ipad  wall mounted and always on (24/7). 

Hello!

Thank for reporting!

We will try to reproduce the error. Please, setup your email account in the iPad that it is having troubles (iOS Mail.app) and if you see this error again, send us the errors from the BeoLiving App itself: Settings -> Alerts -> Send logs.

It is important to have the mailer configured before, if it is not configured you will not see the "Send logs" button in our app.

Best,

The Khimo team.-

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Nov 25 2019 8:38 PM

Same problem here with beoliving 1.13 update. KNX Thermostates temperature state and setting doesn’t display anymore - it simply displays ‘0’.

Same with KNX SHADE BUTTON  - doesn’t display state. Both works perfectly on the webpanel.

Stefan

DiegoSound2019
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Hello Ivan,

About this device, we´ve been using the Beolink Gateway to integrate B&O devices with Elan, using the USB port conection and RS232 commands. Is the configuration for this feature exactly the same in the BeoLiving Intelligence? And does this use the same kind of USB - RS232 adapter?

Thank you.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

stefan:

Same problem here with beoliving 1.13 update. KNX Thermostates temperature state and setting doesn’t display anymore - it simply displays ‘0’.

Same with KNX SHADE BUTTON  - doesn’t display state. Both works perfectly on the webpanel.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for reporting! Is that happening after some time or as soon as you start the APP?

Can you send us the logs of the app after reproducing the error?

Best,

the Khimo team.-

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Tue, Nov 26 2019 6:07 PM

It happens as soon as i start beoliving app 1.1.3. Just shows 0 instead of current temperature.

The bug concerning the KNX shade button was in previous releases.

Everything works in the webpanel.

I tried to send you a log - tell me if you didn’t get it.

thanks for the support

Stefan

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

stefan:

I tried to send you a log - tell me if you didn’t get it.

Thanks! We received your email.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

DiegoSound2019:

About this device, we´ve been using the Beolink Gateway to integrate B&O devices with Elan, using the USB port conection and RS232 commands. Is the configuration for this feature exactly the same in the BeoLiving Intelligence? And does this use the same kind of USB - RS232 adapter?

Hi DiegoSound2019,

Yes, you can use an usb2rs232 adapters with the BeoLiving Intelligence and use the CustomString driver to send or receive RS232 commands from it.

Best,

the Khimo team.-

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Nov 28 2019 8:33 PM

Do you have an update on the Honeywell driver?

DiegoSound2019
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Excellent!

Thank you very much we will then proceed.

Regards,

Diego

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

1990:

Do you have an update on the Honeywell driver?

Hello!

We have a BETA driver for "Honeywell Total Connect Comfort UK". If someone wants to test it, please write to support+drivers@khimo.com.

Best,

The Khimo.com team.-

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Khimo Support:

We have a BETA driver for "Honeywell Total Connect Comfort UK". If someone wants to test it, please write to support+drivers@khimo.com.

It is important to note that the driver is only compatible with BeoLiving Intelligence. Total Connect Comfort requires oauth authentication and that is only supported in the BLI.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Thu, Jan 23 2020 9:57 AM

Hello all,

any plans on integrating the Nuki lock with the BLI?

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Tassos:

Hello all,

any plans on integrating the Nuki lock with the BLI?

Hi Tassos,

If the Nuki Lock has an API we can make the driver by request. We can also add it to the driver wishlist and if we got enough requests we will implement it.

Best regards,

the Khimo team.-

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Jan 23 2020 2:07 PM
How is the progress on the Ikea Tradfri driver? There are others on this forum who have expressed an interest in this.

Also, could you explain the new MLGW protocol driver? Is this the suggested solution to integrating ML products with more control? If so, you could please explain how this works?
Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Jan 24 2020 3:59 PM

Thank you for the response. I know they have an api for the developers. I will look into it more thoroughly over the weekend.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:
How is the progress on the Ikea Tradfri driver? There are others on this forum who have expressed an interest in this.

Also, could you explain the new MLGW protocol driver? Is this the suggested solution to integrating ML products with more control? If so, you could please explain how this works?

Hi beojeff,

The Ikea Tradfri driver is on our wish list, but development has not started yet.

Regarding the new MLGW protocol driver: you will be able to add and configure your ML devices on your BLI, and to control them through your BLI app in a way similar to any B&O device. If you'd like more details on how it works, feel free to write an email at support+drivers@khimo.com.

Best regards,

the Khimo team.-

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Jan 25 2020 12:50 PM

Khimo Support:

beojeff:

Hi beojeff,

The Ikea Tradfri driver is on our wish list, but development has not started yet.

Regarding the new MLGW protocol driver: you will be able to add and configure your ML devices on your BLI, and to control them through your BLI app in a way similar to any B&O device. If you'd like more details on how it works, feel free to write an email at support+drivers@khimo.com.

Best regards,

the Khimo team.-

I think that this forum would be a great place for you to explain this new ML driver so that we could all understand it better. There is no information about it on either the BeoIntegration site or the Khimo site. I'm sure there are many on this forum like myself who have a lot of classic ML products and are uninterested in moving to the BLI if it means losing control of those classic products. 

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Sat, Jan 25 2020 5:42 PM

beojeff:
I think that this forum would be a great place for you to explain this new ML driver so that we could all understand it better. There is no information about it on either the BeoIntegration site or the Khimo site. I'm sure there are many on this forum like myself who have a lot of classic ML products and are uninterested in moving to the BLI if it means losing control of those classic products.

I have been asking Khimo without success for several months about this possibility, which should have been implemented in the first place, but their priorities are unfortunately elsewhere...

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Jan 25 2020 10:06 PM

Griebel:

beojeff:

I have been asking Khimo without success for several months about this possibility, which should have been implemented in the first place, but their priorities are unfortunately elsewhere...

I must say that the whole introduction of the BLI left me scratching my head. There is absolutely no promotion of it on the B&O site. The BLGW LOOKS very consistent with B&O products. Whereas, the BLI totally does not and even has "Khimo" branding on it. The BeoLink2 and BeoLiving apps are almost identical yet one is owned by B&O and the other is owned by Khimo. It makes no sense that the omission of even an RJ45 ML connector was omitted from the BLI considering the huge inconvenience it would make on B&O customers. I'm seeing a very fractured and disintegrating partnership between B&O and Khimo -- if there even still is one.

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Sun, Jan 26 2020 2:43 PM

beojeff:
I must say that the whole introduction of the BLI left me scratching my head. There is absolutely no promotion of it on the B&O site.

I can only agree with you. The other day my dealer called me to get some guidance to configure and use BLI. He first called another B&O dealer, but this latter was unable to provide any help... I'm speechless

beojeff:
The BeoLink2 and BeoLiving apps are almost identical

Yes and no. The interface looks the same, but several functions of the BLI App (favourite channels, rewind, stop, fast forward when controlling third parties devices) do not fire any command or execute the wrong command, while the BeoLink2 App does not have these issues. Please, Khimo, do some minimal testing before you release an update

beojeff:
It makes no sense that the omission of even an RJ45 ML connector was omitted from the BLI considering the huge inconvenience it would make on B&O customers.

That's a mystery to me too. Leaving out all the owners of ML products (which I believe still represent the majority of B&O products owners) does not make any sense to me. A device and App integrating both ML and newer products would have been a huge success, undoubedly.

I know that Khimo is working on an update allowing integration of ML products, but this effort has been going on for months and my guess is that they are facing issues that hopefully will be resolved soon, otherwise I'm skeptical about the future of BLI. Considering all the software issues B&O and related products are running into, one may wonder if the software companies partnering with B&O are not doomed...

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:

Very good point. Please note that this driver requires version 2.1.0+ on the BLI, and an update on the BLI App (both under internal test by now).

The MLGW protocol driver will allow the integration of MasterLink products on the BLI using a MLGW or BLGW as MasterLink interface.

The MLGW/BLGW should have MasteLink Gateway protocol enabled, and all the MasterLink devices should have a MLN [1] assigned. This MLN will be the address of the resource on the BLI.

On the BLI side, the available resources are:

- MasterLink video product: will send all the commands to the MasterLink VIDEO destination.

- MasterLink audio product: will send all the commands to the MasterLink AUDIO destination.

- MasterLink room: allows to track IR light and control inputs in a room, and can be used to track IR events and fire macros on the BLI.

Once the configuration is ready on the BLI, the devices can be controlled using the BLI App in a way similar to any other B&O audio/video device.

Hope the info helps,

Best regards,

the Khimo team.-

1 - An MLN numer identifies each product on the MasterLink network, and is assigned during the setup of the MLGW/BLGW.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Khimo Support:

The MLGW protocol driver will allow the integration of MasterLink products on the BLI using a MLGW or BLGW as MasterLink interface.

Which means, that - if you are new to the BeoLivingIntelligence-stuff and you still have old ML devices and the NL/ML Converter - you would still have to use/get a MLGW or BLGW in addition to the BLI, right???

That’s a lot of boxes ;-(

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Jan 27 2020 8:48 PM

Khimo Support:

beojeff:

Very good point. Please note that this driver requires version 2.1.0+ on the BLI, and an update on the BLI App (both under internal test by now).

The MLGW/BLGW should have MasteLink Gateway protocol enabled, and all the MasterLink devices should have a MLN [1] assigned. This MLN will be the address of the resource on the BLI.

On the BLI side, the available resources are:

- MasterLink video product: will send all the commands to the MasterLink VIDEO destination.

- MasterLink audio product: will send all the commands to the MasterLink AUDIO destination.

- MasterLink room: allows to track IR light and control inputs in a room, and can be used to track IR events and fire macros on the BLI.

Once the configuration is ready on the BLI, the devices can be controlled using the BLI App in a way similar to any other B&O audio/video device.

Hope the info helps,

Best regards,

the Khimo team.-

1 - An MLN numer identifies each product on the MasterLink network, and is assigned during the setup of the MLGW/BLGW.

So all of the macros and systems other than the B&O ML system are programmed on the BLI and nothing is really programmed as far as macros and systems on the MLGW/BLGW? For example, if we want the command "CONTROL 12" to be used as a trigger to set the thermostat to 70 degrees, we program that macro just on the BLI and not on the MLGW/BLGW and then rooms with an NL product that receives CONTROL commands and rooms with an ML product that receives CONTROL commands both can forward those commands to the BLI for macro execution?

Is an MLGW just as capable as a BLGW in integrating ML devices with the BLI?

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member

Hi Khimo Team,

does the new "MLGW protocol driver" bring any enhancements to the BeoSound5 experience? Will it be integrated in the same way like it is in the BLGW (and even MLGW) with covers and search? Or is it still implemented as  an "ordinary" MasterLink device that has no further functionalty?

Thanks for a short reply.

Best regards

Doc Leisure

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Which means, that - if you are new to the BeoLivingIntelligence-stuff and you still have old ML devices and the NL/ML Converter - you would still have to use/get a MLGW or BLGW in addition to the BLI, right???

MM

Hi MM,

If you have a NL/ML converter then you already have the ML sources shown on the apps as NL ones, so you won't need a MLGW/BLGW.

Best,

the Khimo team

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

beojeff:

So all of the macros and systems other than the B&O ML system are programmed on the BLI and nothing is really programmed as far as macros and systems on the MLGW/BLGW? For example, if we want the command "CONTROL 12" to be used as a trigger to set the thermostat to 70 degrees, we program that macro just on the BLI and not on the MLGW/BLGW and then rooms with an NL product that receives CONTROL commands and rooms with an ML product that receives CONTROL commands both can forward those commands to the BLI for macro execution?

Hi beojeff,

Exactly, the BLI driver uses the BLGW/MLGW only as MasterLink interface, all the macro programming for your home can be made on the BLI.

Best,

the Khimo team.

Khimo Support
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 181
Bronze Member

DocLeisure:

Hi Khimo Team,

does the new "MLGW protocol driver" bring any enhancements to the BeoSound5 experience? Will it be integrated in the same way like it is in the BLGW (and even MLGW) with covers and search? Or is it still implemented as  an "ordinary" MasterLink device that has no further functionalty?

Thanks for a short reply.

Best regards

Doc Leisure

Hi Doc,

On the first version the ML devices will be shown as "ordinary" ones, without covers and search.

Best regards,

the Khimo team.-

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Khimo Support:

Millemissen:

MM

Hi MM,

If you have a NL/ML converter then you already have the ML sources shown on the apps as NL ones, so you won't need a MLGW/BLGW.

Best,

the Khimo team

Thanks - that indeed, makes the BLI a bit more interesting.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member
DocLeisure replied on Tue, Jan 28 2020 12:15 PM

Khimo Support:

Hi Doc,

On the first version the ML devices will be shown as "ordinary" ones, without covers and search.

Best regards,

the Khimo team.-

Hello Khimo Team,

thanks for the answer and sorry for insisting ;-)

Does "on the first Version" mean that there are further versions in planning that would offer an extended experience for the BeoSound 5 - covers, search & PlayQue.

Really looking forward - please.make it possible!

Best regards

Doc Leisure

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Jan 28 2020 8:26 PM

Khimo Support:

Millemissen:

MM

Hi MM,

Best,

the Khimo team

Khimo-

That isn't quite correct. With the NL/ML converter, you see just audio master and video master sources ML products on the NL network. However, this is not integrating link-room ML devices. Previously, you had mentioned to me that using the converter with a BLI would not give full control of ML devices such as we had on the BLGW. Also, those link room devices would not be able to transmit LIGHT/CONTROL commands since they would not be nodes on the BLI. Could you elaborate more on this? I thought that the ML driver integrating an MLGW/BLGW would fill in the gaps of this loss of control. There is much that we really need to understand.

As MM commented, the BLI needs a lot of boxes to integrate ML products. It would have been far more elegant to have just kept an RJ45 ML connection with the BLI!

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Jan 28 2020 8:27 PM

Khimo Support:

beojeff:

Hi beojeff,

Exactly, the BLI driver uses the BLGW/MLGW only as MasterLink interface, all the macro programming for your home can be made on the BLI.

Best,

the Khimo team.

You didn't answer the second part of my question. Is there any advantage to using a BLGW over an MLGW with the BLI?

Page 4 of 16 (636 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS