Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound Emerge

rated by 0 users
This post has 163 Replies | 1 Follower

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Apr 18 2021 8:24 AM

Doesn't the NON Google Assistant variant allow Bluetooth streaming?

The Absence of Tune In shouldn't be a problem as you should be able to use Tune in on your phone and stream it via Chromecast to your Emerge.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@Egon Olsen

From the BS Emerge quickguide:

For AirPlay 2 only users, the speaker can be set up using the Apple Home App.

And there is a non-Google Assistant version , if you prefer that.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Apr 18 2021 8:54 AM
steve1977:

As long as i use google home to create a stereo pair, i should be able to use roon to CC to this google created stereo pair. Wouldn’t know why this is not possible as roon is just relying on google as well.

Roon will traffic manage both CC speakers to play in sync. But that’s not a stereo pair , with left right separation
benoit
Top 150 Contributor
France
Posts 646
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sun, Apr 18 2021 10:02 AM

Does anybody know if the non GVA versions have the same touch buttons on the command panel then the GVA version? I'm asking this because of the microphone button.

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sun, Apr 18 2021 11:05 AM
Sandyb:

Roon will traffic manage both CC speakers to play in sync. But that’s not a stereo pair , with left right separation

I know. But you should also be able to play directly to the stereo pair if you include the pair as a speaker in roon. google can create the stereo pair. i haven’t tried, but don’t know why it shouldn’t work.
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Apr 18 2021 11:10 AM
steve1977:

I know. But you should also be able to play directly to the stereo pair if you include the pair as a speaker in roon. google can create the stereo pair. i haven’t tried, but don’t know why it shouldn’t work.

Got it - might work if the speakers have been setup as a pair in GH.

Will depend on how Roon sees them in its UI.

I don’t use GH myself so not something that I’d readily test
trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Sun, Apr 18 2021 4:17 PM

Sandyb:
Wait, can't Roon do separate DSP filters on both channels for any zone, such that you can filter out all frequencies from the left channel on one "zone", and all frequencies from the right channel, on the other "zone"?  I thought the only problem might be that "play in sync", pushing via CC rather than RAAT, wasn't quite close enough to guarantee non-phased output between zone Left and zone Right... Is it bad, or does it work OK with CC (but without GH)?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Apr 19 2021 9:17 AM
Quite rare to see an electric cord in a B&O

Promotion pic Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Apr 19 2021 9:23 AM

Sure, I think I think you're right on that front.

But from what I read, its not that perfect.

And moreover, its not really a native solution, when it comes to Roon doing CC stereo pairing, to me at least.

trackbeo:

Sandyb:
Wait, can't Roon do separate DSP filters on both channels for any zone, such that you can filter out all frequencies from the left channel on one "zone", and all frequencies from the right channel, on the other "zone"?  I thought the only problem might be that "play in sync", pushing via CC rather than RAAT, wasn't quite close enough to guarantee non-phased output between zone Left and zone Right... Is it bad, or does it work OK with CC (but without GH)?

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Mon, Apr 19 2021 10:33 AM

Hiort:
Quite rare to see an electric cord in a B&O

Promotion pic Smile

...together with the most unlikely reading position!! I'd be surprised if she can see the text for her cheekbones!Big Smile

Ban boring signatures!

Gatex
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 129
Bronze Member
Gatex replied on Mon, Apr 19 2021 10:37 AM

Generic design like  I saw from many Wifi Routers Design out there.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Gatex:

Sure, but my router is lying flat....or rather hanging flat on a wall.

Just because it it thin and stands up does not make it a router.

It is in the eye of the beholder which associations one get looking at the BS Emerge I guess.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Gatex:

Sure, but my router is lying flat....or rather hanging flat on a wall.

Just because it it thin and stands up does not make it a router.

It is in the eye of the beholder which associations one gets looking at the BS Emerge I guess.

MM

baronvejrup
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Bronze Member

Here is a video of how my WiFi Router is performing

Link: https://youtu.be/GumBX9yCQ-g

Find me on YouTube : Bang & Olufsen Teknisk Forum : https://www.youtube.com/c/BangOlufsenTekniskForum

To me it looks like a fancy Wifi router that belongs in a hotel lobby. lol.

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Apr 20 2021 8:13 PM

Duels:
Puncher:

Yeah that's what I said - maybe I should have said "any of the new designs"

Ban boring signatures!

If you had I’d have most likely given you the same answer. And then you’d have explained why the BL18 wasn’t a new design.

WinkWinkWink

Forgot the A9!Yes - thumbs up

Ban boring signatures!

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Beoworlders,

Two new reviews of the Emerge have just gone live on YouTube, I have linked to John at B&O Manchester's video at the end of my own:-

https://youtu.be/anY7r9f8auA

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

Mark-N
Top 500 Contributor
Maryland, USA
Posts 320
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Fri, Apr 23 2021 9:19 AM

Steve and John, thank you for your review, I was very interested in how this speaker performed.  It sounds very good, but...

My biggest takeway is that it is a great speaker at lower listening volumes, not so much if its cranked up a little.  I typiocally listen at moderate volumes, but sometimes I do want to crank it up a little. I would have a hard time spending $900 (for the oak version which I like better) knowing that I have that limitation with the speaker.  Maybe it would make a fine office speaker knowing its in an environment where you would never listen to it too loudly.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Apr 23 2021 1:39 PM
Hi Steve thank you for posting the video.

Are you able to offer an opinion on how the sound capabilities compare to an A2?

I currently use an A2 in my kitchen and am thinking about changing/upgrading. The Emerge is at a good price point and I do like the design and shape would work well.
Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Duels,

It is a long time since I heard an A2, but the Emerge should surpass this easily if my memory of the A2 is correct.  B&O are currently offering a 100 day risk-free trial period, so this is an ideal way to listen to the speaker to see how it sounds if you can't get to a B&O store.

Please click on this link to see the latest B&O products in the official Bang & Olufsen store: https://on.beo.com/BangOlufsen_SoundsHeavenly

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Apr 23 2021 2:17 PM
Hi Steve.

Many thanks for your reply.
steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Fri, Apr 23 2021 4:19 PM
Sandyb:

Got it - might work if the speakers have been setup as a pair in GH.

Will depend on how Roon sees them in its UI.

I don’t use GH myself so not something that I’d readily test

Just tested. Happy to confirm that you can use roon to play to a GH speaker pair. Actually quite cool to have two BS1 as a pair. And two M3.
Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Bang & Olufsen for the incredible Beosound Emerge wireless smart speaker! How can such a tiny speaker sound so good?

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, May 31 2021 10:36 AM

Now had Emerge for a little bit more than a week. I choose the oak version since it would match the interior in the room I had in mind. The build quality is supernice. 

The room is approx 20 sqm, and the Emerge is used mainly for casual radio listening. Agree with Steve that it sounds great considering the size. I notice that the bass is a bit directional and I get the best bass in front of the speaker. It is to be compared with the M3, and I think personally the sound is more detailed on Emerge than M3. 

The shortcut buttons I use for B&O radio favorites.

All my other B&O stuff is on on Beolink, so it is a bit odd feeling that Emerge is outside of that technology. I miss the touch to join, but I have to be patient until the autumn I guess. In my network Airplay do not work well for multiroom (unsynch), so for playing multiroom involving Emerge I have to use Chromecast and that generally works well. But using the B&O app is so much nicer than having to use the apps on my phone and wait for Chromecast to initiate. In Sweden where I am Deezer is not covered by Google Assistance yet.....

All in all a very nice addition to the lineup Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, May 31 2021 10:37 AM

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 541
Gold Member
Ferdinand replied on Mon, May 31 2021 7:55 PM
Wow Hiort that looks superneat! I am

Glad you like the BS Emerge. Enjoy!
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Mon, May 31 2021 8:38 PM
Interesting to read your thoughts Hiort. Great pic too!
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Jun 15 2021 3:37 PM
The update for Emerge was presented like this in the B&O app when I updated the app this morning:

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Jul 1 2021 5:56 PM
Think this is a new feature that has been added.

You press the image and can then hear the sound without the room compensation. When you release it goes back to the room compensated settings.

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 644
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Thu, Nov 11 2021 5:46 AM

Has there been any official announcement about the Emerge vanishing?  It isn't merely "Not In Stock" on the website, it's just gone.   Outside North America, you can still see it if you have a direct link, e.g. https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/gb/speakers/beosound-emerge , but only GVA oak/gold are left.  April to November, that's a pretty short romance.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

My guess is that they dont want it on there webside when it is out of stock.

As they almost every week now make changes on their webside to sell more.

This is of cause not very good for the dealers who still have it in stock.

And why is it not in stock? There is the missing components, and it is using the same "Brain" as the Level and Beolab 28. So they properly bet on these two instead, higher revenue and profit.

It simply cannot already be discounted, that would be bonkers. 

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Thu, Nov 11 2021 7:54 AM

Emil Jensen:

My guess is that they dont want it on there webside when it is out of stock.

As they almost every week now make changes on their webside to sell more.

This is of cause not very good for the dealers who still have it in stock.

And why is it not in stock? There is the missing components, and it is using the same "Brain" as the Level and Beolab 28. So they properly bet on these two instead, higher revenue and profit.

It simply cannot already be discounted, that would be bonkers. 

I also have the information from my dealer that the Level is what they need to prioritize over the Emerge due to the global supply chain crisis and in light of consumer demands. Even the Level is sort of impacted because I have asked about if they could do a Bespoke version, and HQ Sales said they could not prioritize a Bespoke version for the moment due to large demand for the standard options.

In addition, my dealer also claimed B&O would not be able to deliver the Emerge until next spring. I don't remember if he said March or May, but I had the impression that it was coming back next spring. That's why I was not too surprised when they pulled it from their website. Usually they'd leave it uploaded and you'd have the information "not in stock", but I suppose these are unusual times.

I'd also like to get an Emerge but have been waiting to see if it would perhaps show up in another colour/material combination, but I doubt that if they cannot even deliver standard options.

Update: I have checked a third-party website that also sells the Emerge here in Norway, and according to them they would have delivery of the speaker in the first half of May.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Nov 11 2021 9:29 AM

That is a pity....

Im very happy with my Emerge. It looks great and in the right room it has a very full sound.

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Thu, Nov 11 2021 10:31 AM

Hiort:

That is a pity....

Im very happy with my Emerge. It looks great and in the right room it has a very full sound.

I have not tested it outside of my local B&O store but it did sound appealing to me. I do like the oak version too, so I'd like to get one at some point. I hope they will not scrap it altogether, but I do agree it would be very unlikely. I suppose they'd like to make some money with it, at least an amount that it has cost B&O to bring it to the market.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Nov 11 2021 5:58 PM
Csaba:

I have not tested it outside of my local B&O store but it did sound appealing to me

Agree,

Emerge is to small for a dealer room.

In my small library, maybe 12 m2, it sounds really nice.

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Thu, Nov 11 2021 7:48 PM

Hiort:
Csaba:

I have not tested it outside of my local B&O store but it did sound appealing to me

Agree,

Emerge is to small for a dealer room.

In my small library, maybe 12 m2, it sounds really nice.

I believe you. I already have a place for one in one of our bedrooms :). I’ve just downprioritized getting one over other B&O products and because I might want it in another colour option. Although I might change my mind if the supply chain keeps being strained next spring.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Interesting Whistle

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Sat, Nov 20 2021 2:52 PM

Chris Townsend:

Interesting Whistle

The Emerge has clearly reminded me during its existence of the Flatiron building in New York :).

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Nov 20 2021 4:21 PM
That’s an enormous modem / router!

matteventu
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Bronze Member

Any news on the availability? It's still not present on the B&O UK website unless if accessed by direct link (and then it's of course not available).

Page 4 of 5 (164 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS