Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Coffee

rated by 0 users
This post has 189 Replies | 3 Followers

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member
Chris Harrison Posted: Fri, Mar 16 2012 9:57 PM
So, what coffee are you drinking? I thought I'd open a new thread.

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:42 PM

What? Will keep my mouthBig Smile

Brengen & Ophalen

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

I drink my coffee Black and hot, no funny ingredients, just fresh ground beans and fresh brewed coffee.

And here is the mean, main machine of my kitchen

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

The beans do it, I use 50 % light roast Colombian high land, picked by half naked Colombian virgins in wooden mountain shoes, singing "Black is Black", and 50 % Italian espresso roast, from the lush valleys of Sardenia, picked by old Sardinia women in the traditional caffe picker suit, singing Caffe O mio.    

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

Currently using some Segafredo Zanetti Espresso blend with a Gaggia Classic. Looking for some Caffe Vergnano but it doesn't seem to be sold outside of London in the UK.

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

ablaumeise
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
ablaumeise replied on Tue, Mar 20 2012 11:49 AM

I wish I knew.

My former flatmate left behind a huge can of coffee, that stuff has been lasting for months.

I really hope it actually is coffee, it has kind of a weird taste. Stick out tongue But I suppose if it was rat poison, I would have noticed by now. Laughing

malcolm welborn
Top 500 Contributor
canary islands
Posts 188
Founder

Brand leader in Italy is lavazza also brand leader europe and uk readily available in london. if you want to try the blends lavazza have a cafe in covent garden  lavazza oro and lavazza club both arabica beans. but if you want the the best try blue mountain coffee from jamaica not blue mountain blend, but this coffee a treat very expensive compared to others

was in the coffee trade when working

malcolm

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 10:21 PM

My day starts and ends with this setup;

After that it's time to get my children out of the door. And after the schoolrun I use this 2 group Vibiemme Cube.

Then it's time to mantain and repair our customers espresso machines.

Isomac

Jura

Other pieces of assorted metal and plastic.

BeoVision 7-32 DVD; BeoCenter 6-23; HDR-2; BeoLab4000's; Beolab11; T1611; BeoSystem 6500; Beolit 12 and saving for moreBig Smile

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 10:45 PM

I really like my Nespresso Essenza.  Roma is my favourite with the Ristretto for Saturday morning with croissants & strawberries. Then Decaffinato late after an evening meal :)

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

teus:

My day starts and ends with this setup;

And I spot a Beolit 12 !

Do you take it on the school run and to work too ?

And to stay on topic, ILLY at the moment, we are still travelling and a nearby coffee shop uses ILLY -- but I must say I have yet (and it is 3 weeks !!) to have a decent cup of coffee !! 

BeoNut since '75

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 11:33 AM

I used to take the beolit to work. Banged it against the door once (oops!).

After a recent purchase of a pair of Beolab 3's I took my Beolab4000's to work.

The Beolit can stay in the kitchen now (ready to be taken into the garden).

A few years ago I was on holiday in the Scottish Highlands. Best coffee in three weeks? At McDonalds! Oh dear how bad can it get.

Next time I bring a Handpresso or something like that.

BeoVision 7-32 DVD; BeoCenter 6-23; HDR-2; BeoLab4000's; Beolab11; T1611; BeoSystem 6500; Beolit 12 and saving for moreBig Smile

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:06 PM

teus:

I used to take the beolit to work. Banged it against the door once (oops!).

After a recent purchase of a pair of Beolab 3's I took my Beolab4000's to work.

The Beolit can stay in the kitchen now (ready to be taken into the garden).

A few years ago I was on holiday in the Scottish Highlands. Best coffee in three weeks? At McDonalds! Oh dear how bad can it get.

Next time I bring a Handpresso or something like that.

Hi, very interested in your opinion of whether the BeoLit handles steam ..... I have asked various B&O people and have gotten answers that don't fill me with confidence ..... in particular whether it can handle being in the bathroom while one is showering Whistle

BeoNut since '75

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 12:34 AM

It handles the humidity  and temperature fine.

Sound is terrible but that's due to my small and boxy bathroom.

Residual water wicks off quite easy. But I am not comfertable using it day in day out in those conditions.

Besides, mostly I stay up late and my wife and children would rightfully object my Beolit assisted singing.Stick out tongue

One afterthought; If you plan on buying it for the bathroom, get the pee yellow one!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

teus:

It handles the humidity  and temperature fine.

Sound is terrible but that's due to my small and boxy bathroom.

Residual water wicks off quite easy. But I am not comfertable using it day in day out in those conditions.

Thanks for the informed opinion !

teus:
Besides, mostly I stay up late and my wife and children would rightfully object my Beolit assisted singing.Stick out tongue

Life is cruel - for some unknown reason mine do not appreciate my talents either

teus:
One afterthought; I you plan on buying it for the bathroom, get the pee yellow one!

LOL

BeoNut since '75

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 12:59 PM

What to drink this morning;

Which is our own brand (7 different flavours)

"Some" other flavours.

Choices, choices.

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 1:03 PM

And now ever more coffee!

New batch just in ready for tasting and selection.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

teus:
New batch just in ready for tasting and selection.

It's a hard job, but someone's got to do it 

Laughing

BeoNut since '75

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Thu, Jun 7 2012 9:55 AM

Coffee anyone?

Jura Z5 sprout after 50.000 coffee and some neglect.Crying

Medogsfat
Top 25 Contributor
Leeds West Yorkshire
Posts 3,896
Bronze Member

EEK - call me a Philistine if you must but visitors to my house get this muck to drink if they want coffee. If they want a real drink then they get Twinings Assam loose tea served in a  Fine Bone China cup with half a thimble full of milk (optional) - nectar...

tgt365
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Great Thread!

Peet's Coffee, French Press, and a nice china cup......

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 7:41 AM

Medogsfat:
- call me a Philistine

Philistine ! :-)

Nick
Top 150 Contributor
Nottingham
Posts 785
Bronze Member
Nick replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 9:25 PM

Teus I assume you work in a machine repair shop?  Whats your opinion on the gaggia titanium?  I wish i bought the ena3 from jura instead!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Jun 10 2012 7:14 PM

In the Seventies we drank Nescafe Instant Coffee, but in the Eighties we upgraded to Douwe  Coffee Coffee ... better quality and the additional advantage that the jars could be recycled as pantry containers - and we still have them !

In the Nineties we upgraded to "fresh" ground coffee  Coffee Coffee Coffee supplied by the local supermarket, and now we walk around the corner to our local barrista  Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee

My first cup back in Oz yesterday tasted ... awful ... new barrista *sigh* ... now I shall have to train him as well Laughing

Still think Monmouth in London was the best  Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee

BeoNut since '75

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 12:07 AM

The Gaggia isa decent machine that makes a slightly better espresso. Especially after a year or two of use.

Build quality wise the Ena is much better. Very good plastics and almost never a problem with any of the functions.

If you bought a Gaggia the trick is to look after the metal frame under the tray. After a while the paint gets chipped and there is a possibilty of some rust. Other weakness is a leaking steam / hot water tap. Easiliy replaced but still inconvenient. For a good espresso, set the grinder one dot finer than standard and ground quantity of standard plus one dot.

Any more questions feel free to ask because yes I do work at a worshop.

I do maintenance on Jura, Almost every E-61 grouphead in existence (like Vibiemme, Isomac, Faema, Bezerra, ECM, Rocket Espresso and so on) Quick-mill, Ascaso.

We stopped work for Saeco and Gaggia. Both bought by Philips and going steadily downhill for about four years now. As a matter of fact, the Gaggia Titanium is the last decent espresso machine built by Saeco / Gaggia. Most models after that pretty much suck.

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 12:22 AM

I came across this image recently in our TV guide.

I translated it loosely from Dutch so any spelling errors are mine.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 2:51 AM

teus:
I came across this image recently in our TV guide.

thank you Laughing Laughing

teus:
I translated it loosely from Dutch so any spelling errors are mine.

not sure I saw any !!!

BeoNut since '75

Nick
Top 150 Contributor
Nottingham
Posts 785
Bronze Member
Nick replied on Mon, Jun 11 2012 5:43 PM

teus:

The Gaggia isa decent machine that makes a slightly better espresso. Especially after a year or two of use.

Build quality wise the Ena is much better. Very good plastics and almost never a problem with any of the functions.

If you bought a Gaggia the trick is to look after the metal frame under the tray. After a while the paint gets chipped and there is a possibilty of some rust. Other weakness is a leaking steam / hot water tap. Easiliy replaced but still inconvenient. For a good espresso, set the grinder one dot finer than standard and ground quantity of standard plus one dot.

Any more questions feel free to ask because yes I do work at a worshop.

I do maintenance on Jura, Almost every E-61 grouphead in existence (like Vibiemme, Isomac, Faema, Bezerra, ECM, Rocket Espresso and so on) Quick-mill, Ascaso.

We stopped work for Saeco and Gaggia. Both bought by Philips and going steadily downhill for about four years now. As a matter of fact, the Gaggia Titanium is the last decent espresso machine built by Saeco / Gaggia. Most models after that pretty much suck.

Thank you!  I will adjust and let you know how i get on 

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 1:51 PM

Anyone looking for a small exclusive Jura? Look nu further!

or buy an original Ena in plain colors. Boring but uses proven technology.

Btw, does anybody here know a good sweet tasting coffee?

The only kind we sell is about €/$ 30,-. Great taste but a bit expensive.

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Fri, Jun 15 2012 4:43 PM

Amazing what a software update makes possible. Drinks

This is from a Jura Giga. When you press "bereiden" the machine gives you a list of items nessecary for the selected drink and how to make it.

Your own personal coffee coach.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
I'm drinking nespresso Roma. When my nespresso dies I think I'll move to mio with lavazza. I found it tastier than nespresso.

I also have a nemox when I decide to get manual :-). If I do I prefer illy beans.
Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Jun 24 2012 7:57 PM

Hey Michael! I drink Nespresso Roma!!!  That one is my fave although I love Ristretto on a weekend morning with hot baked croissants and Decaffinato late on an evening after my late evening meal!

teus
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
teus replied on Fri, Jun 29 2012 4:35 PM

The latest addition to the Jura line-up.

Based upon proven technology in a newly designed enclosure. So same quality coffee in a more silent package. 

This should be the first of a new line of machines. Expect a F9 OTC after this one.

Rolf 2
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 324
Bronze Member
Rolf 2 replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 10:15 PM

Hello coffee loving Beoworlders,

this is an awesome thread, I really like it!

I tell you why: First when I read through, I was really wondering what coffee has to do with B & O. Of course, it can be a lifestyle, can be exclusive and is also about quality. But apart from this - no connection (there is another new thread, discussing the possibility of a ML connected coffee machine - O. K.). The other morning I walked into our kitchen, and all of a sudden, it all made sense. I realized our kitchen set up is clearly a symbiosis of B & O equipment and coffee lifestyle:

What do you think?

teus:

Btw, does anybody here know a good sweet tasting coffee?

The only kind we sell is about €/$ 30,-. Great taste but a bit expensive.

@teus: Did you try the Jamaica Yellow Bourbon before? It ´s about € 13,50/500g in my southern german area. I could also recommend the Ethiopia Wild Forest, around € 12,00/500g. For more choices I first have to go to our dealer, don´t have all the names and tastes in mind, we drink in alternating order.

Gorgeous set up, your Beolit with this absolutely nice coffee machine, allowing free view to the coffee beans, great!

Regards,

Rolf

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Rolf:
Gorgeous set up, your Beolit

And your BeoLab setup is also great - always wanted one of those - such a neat design.

We are now thinking of using the A3 as that adds video to the mix and like the BeoLit does not require wires Smile

BeoNut since '75

Rolf 2
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 324
Bronze Member
Rolf 2 replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 10:02 PM

elephant:

And your BeoLab setup is also great - always wanted one of those - such a neat design.

Hey Elephant,

thank you!  We use it frequently and love it. In the first step, we wanted to place a BL 3500 over the kitchen window, but then realizing that it was pure concrete above the window, decided for the BL 2000. Never regretted it!

elephant:

[We are now thinking of using the A3 as that adds video to the mix and like the BeoLit does not require wires Smile

Yes, the A3 is a very neat solution as well. Great idea to enhance coffee and sound with video, Have not seen and heard the A3 live yet, did you? How is the sound?

Regards,

Rolf

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Rolf:

elephant:

[We are now thinking of using the A3 as that adds video to the mix and like the BeoLit does not require wires Smile

Yes, the A3 is a very neat solution as well. Great idea to enhance coffee and sound with video, Have not seen and heard the A3 live yet, did you? How is the sound?

Regards,

Rolf

The first time we heard it demoed is sounded good - but then another B&O staff member explained that the iPad had not been debated home properly by his colleague -- he then clicked it home properly and it sounded so much better -- maybe even fantastic for something that size !

Here is a sample of tomorrow's coffee I am looking forward to .... latte, double strength, extra hot

BeoNut since '75

malcolm welborn
Top 500 Contributor
canary islands
Posts 188
Founder

my saeco was in the workshop 3 times in the first 6 months, the store delisted them and replaced my saeco with a bosch bevunuto, this fingers crossed been in operation every day now for two years

no problems

just got some blue mountaincoffee from jamaica mmmmmm

malcolm

malcolm welborn
Top 500 Contributor
canary islands
Posts 188
Founder

my saeco was in the workshop 3 times in the first 6 months, the store delisted them and replaced my saeco with a bosch bevunuto, this fingers crossed been in operation every day now for two years

no problems

just got some blue mountaincoffee from jamaica mmmmmm

malcolm

Rolf 2
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 324
Bronze Member
Rolf 2 replied on Fri, Jul 6 2012 11:24 PM

Enjoy your latte, it looks great and tasty!

Tomorrow morning, we will have a strong Capuccino at our favorite italian Grand Caffe, coming with a superb breakfast crèpe.

On Sunday, we will have our own Capuccino, here´s a draft:

Enjoy!

Rolf

Rolf 2
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 324
Bronze Member
Rolf 2 replied on Fri, Jul 6 2012 11:37 PM

Hey Malcolm,

Jamaica Blue Mountain tastes really great! I didn´t recommend it to teus, because it´s above the mentioned price range. Did you try the Jamaica Yellow Bourbon or the Galapagos as well?

Nice to hear that a Bosch is doing well (didn´t expect anything else Smile). The old Saeco´s have been a lot more reliable than the new lines, as we had our first Saeco in 1998 running for ten years excellent and brewing a gorgeous coffee.

After that, the new lines came with automatic latte and Capuccino, what suited us very well. Being aware that Saeco causing a lot of trouble, we moved to DeLonghi, being absolutely satisfied. At that time the Primadonna Avant has been coming up, which is from my point of view and experience a beautiful and strong coffee machine. The display went off after approximately 2.5 years, but given three years of guarantee and an excellent service, it was no problem.

I cross my fingers for your benvenuto!

Regards,

Rolf

Page 1 of 5 (190 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS