Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

What are you WATCHING "right now' ?

rated by 0 users
This post has 745 Replies | 5 Followers

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Watch the end of For you eyes only. Beovox speakers on the wall.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Chris Townsend:
Watch the end of For you eyes only. Beovox speakers on the wall.

At home, UK murder mystery called "Broadchurch" 

Horrible topic, good acting, and some great scenery enhanced by some beautiful camera work ... but no B&O's in sight

On the weekly shuttle flight I ran out of movies in the July menu, and so started watching the TV section where you can get through 4 to 5 episodes be flight - I have found "Elementary" less offensive than I expected (yes, boredom leads to watching shows I would never watch at home).

Thrill of the week ?

Roll over to a new month's menu on last night's flight !

How sad is that Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 331
Gold Member
Magnus replied on Sat, Aug 10 2013 1:10 PM

Saw Kill Bill vol 2 yesterday. The Kill Bill movies was kinda dissapointing, and I would rate them lowest of all the Tarantino movies I have seen. But that got me thinking; how would I rate the Tarantino movies? I'm still thinking about it...

So, what does your Top five Tarantino movies list look like?

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Aug 11 2013 8:11 AM

I liked Kill Bill, though I thought the first one was best. David Carradine's little exposition on Superman in the last one was very interesting though. I think my favorite is Sin City, though I am partial to Four Rooms as well. I enjoyed Grindhouse but it doesn't wear as well for multiple viewings. 

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
mhw:

Saw Kill Bill vol 2 yesterday. The Kill Bill movies was kinda dissapointing, and I would rate them lowest of all the Tarantino movies I have seen. But that got me thinking; how would I rate the Tarantino movies? I'm still thinking about it...

So, what does your Top five Tarantino movies list look like?

I know it was flawed, but inglorious is my favourite.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Thu, Aug 15 2013 8:10 AM

Yesterday in the cinema:

Pacific Rim

Great and bombastic movie for robot, scifi and action fans even with a story and good actors!

What I'm watching now? At my computer screen in the office. Big Smile

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Just watched Olympus has fallen. Please don't waste your time on this utter drivel.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 7:08 AM
Tonker:

Just watched Olympus has fallen. Please don't waste your time on this utter drivel. Beovision 11-46, Beovision 8-26, Beovision 3-32, Avant RF 28, Beosound 8, Beocom 2, Beotime, a shed load of A8's and Form 2's. Beo 4's and a 6.

What surprises me is that Hollywood is launching two films this year with the same theme / idea. How did that happen ?

I have seen trailers for both - could not decide which seemed to have better SFXs.

And thanks for the warning !

BeoNut since '75

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 6:04 PM

Solomon Kane, an enjoyable if predictable rousing yarn about a mercenary ships captain in the 16th century. He's British, and finds out on a raid to an Islamic castle sorcerers lair that the devil has rights to his soul and wants to collect, due to his vicious history. He goes peaceful, but has to fight later of course to rescue the fair maiden. As I said, predictable, but some very good effects and creepy demons and great cinematography. Stars the actor who played Marc Anthony in HBOs Rome, who's name escapes me right now. He does swash a buckle pretty well though. 

Ive also been enjoying the final season of Dexter on Showtime. Some complicated twists. 

Jeff

Gatex
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 129
Bronze Member
Gatex replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 6:56 PM

Deep Impact with Bruce , how USA get hit hard and good by an Astroid and wiped out

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Star Trek into the darkness. An ok film, but a great sound and visuals movie for getting the best out of a Beovision.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
The Last Night of the Proms, whilst making good progress through a Fortnum and Mason wine hamper. Hurrah

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 2:27 AM

Let's see, lately:

Soylent Green

The Omega Man

Skyfall (best night photography I've ever seen in a movie), I still really like Daniel Craig as Bond

Immortal, a very odd and interesting scifi movie shot against a completely CGI green screen set. I think this was a French film but the version I have is in English. Very good visually, and completely not the usual Hollywood predictable fare.

Jeff

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 3:34 AM

Hoping for an afternoon to myself some time soon when I can rewire the room for surround sound and download "Into Darkness" Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 331
Gold Member
Magnus replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:57 AM

I have been watching the new (2005) series of Doctor Who the last month of so. Been loving it! Had to change to the USA version of Netflix to see season 6, but now I'm kinda stuck, because not even the USA version have season 7... Do I really have to order the DVD's? In 2013? *sigh* 

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I have just seen Gravity at an IMAX.

1. If you want to display fantastic images in store or a home or your beloved Beovision, play this movie.

2. If you want to demonstrate 3D properly, play this movie.

3. If you want to display the prowess of your surround sound set up and subwoofer, play this movie.

4. If you want to see Sandra Bullock undress down to her undies, play this movie.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 7:57 AM
I believe only point 4 failed the scientific truth test - apparently real weightless astronauts were some form of nappy / diaper -- yes, I know, defo tooooo much info.

Last night watched the other extreme - a modern remake of "The Lady Vanishes" ... Best line (and most likely not in the original) "I knew you'd be a good kisser"

BeoNut since '75

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

It didn't detract from the Sigourney Weaver trying to get into a space suit moment.Cool

Christian Christensen
Top 150 Contributor
Stockholm
Posts 512
Bronze Member

I am watching the grey foggy wet autum through my kitchen , window, from my ktichen table whch is combined workbench for me and my girlfriend,

The ktichen table is covered with her sweing stuff , my tools and my finished Beocenter 7700, that work ,playes perfect now. 

I bought is with broken radio and tape unit.  

Now it is fully alive, and shines

My re-capped M75 are my precious diamonds.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 10:50 AM

Christian Christensen:
ktichen table whch is combined workbench for me and my girlfriend,

The ktichen table is covered with her sweing stuff

You must be watching that famous Danish movie ...

"The Curse Of The Fabric Selectors"

BeoNut since '75

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 4:20 PM

Chris Townsend:

It didn't detract from the Sigourney Weaver trying to get into a space suit moment.Cool

Yeah.....wistfully remembering that scene. Big Smile

If  you ever go to the NASA museum in Huntsville, Alabama, the display of how they handle bodily functions is located in a long case along the wall inside the rest rooms. clever and a tad frightening,,,

We just went and saw Ender's Game last weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife and I had both read the book, the whole series, years ago and enjoyed it, and were wary as so many movie adaptations of books are so bad. They did this one very well, and the actor who played Ender really captured his brilliance, sensitivity, agression, and empathy, a hard role. Naturally the training, which went on and on in the book, was shortened but they managed to get the feel down right, the stress, demands, and crushing sense of importance of it all.

Also watched Cloud Atlas, interesting if somewhat unwieldy piece consistent of numerous vignettes with the same actors taking place in various times in human history, past and future. The actors all made up to look Asian was kind of silly but all in all a stylish piece. Too many usual suspects and stale tropes, evil big oil, evil corporations, etc. but the pieces are varied enough, and well produced enough, it is enjoyable nonetheless. Great visuals and sound, would make a great demo movie. 

Jeff

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member

Loriot (aka Vicco v. Bülow), Der Heimdirigent (The Home Conductor)

Loriot in his living room, equipped with a grand father's chair, a lamp, a vinyl record player and a large mirror. He plays some records conducting in a wild manner in front of the mirror. And the pieces are played life in his living room which is a little bit larger than the lighted room on stage of the Berliner Philharnonie giving room to about 2,000 people and the Berliner Philharmoniker performing all the records which are "played" by Loriot, cracks and other disturbances included.

I laughed tears ...

Peter the biker

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Superman, man of steel. If anyone wants to test a surround sound system, watch the first 10 minutes of this. Much better film than I anticipated.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
The loan ranger. Quite a good film, with an awesome ending for those who grew up in the 70's. Turn up the volume.

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 6,194
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 5:34 AM

Chris Townsend:
The loan ranger. Quite a good film, with an awesome ending for those who grew up in the 70's. Turn up the volume.

Loan Ranger or Lone Ranger?

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 6:09 AM

Casablanca. Classic...

Jeff

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
beocool:

Loan Ranger or Lone Ranger?

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen!

I was loaned the film, so it had nothing to do with cider I was trialling :-/

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 10:13 AM
Wrong topic location.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 2:38 AM

Actually went to the movies to see the second installment of the Hunger Games series, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. really quite an impressive film, both of them have been good, and as good a rendition of the book as you could do considering the limited time you have in a movie. 

The star, Jennifer Lawrence, did an outstanding job. It amazes me how popular these movies are with kids, they really are like Orwell for Tweens, pretty dark and depressing. The second movie is much darker than the first. 

Gets my highest praise for a movie, worth every penny of a non matinee admission price. 

Jeff

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

John Cleese, Fawlty Towers, laughing my but off

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 10:13 AM
Going to Last Vegas tomorrow night ...

BeoNut since '75

John Francis
Top 500 Contributor
USA
Posts 155
Silver Member

Soren, I am watching John Cleese in a Fish Called Wanda on Bluray, one of the funniest movies I have seen. I have watched it many times and enjoy it every time. Cleese wrote the script and Kevin Cline I believe won an Oscar for his role, many quotable lines. If you have not seen it highly recommended, and if you have you should watch it again.

John

BO
Top 150 Contributor
Halmstad, Sweden
Posts 728
Bronze Member
BO replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 5:20 PM

Søren Mexico:

John Cleese, Fawlty Towers, laughing my but off

My favorite!Smile

//Bo.
A long list...

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

jfrancis:

Soren, I am watching John Cleese in a Fish Called Wanda on Bluray, one of the funniest movies I have seen. I have watched it many times and enjoy it every time. Cleese wrote the script and Kevin Cline I believe won an Oscar for his role, many quotable lines. If you have not seen it highly recommended, and if you have you should watch it again.

John

I will watch the fish again, John Cleese is one of my favorites

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Alpha Papa with Alain Partridge. My hero :-)

DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 562
Bronze Member
DoubleU replied on Fri, Dec 13 2013 11:23 PM

Watching the ultra long movie Homeland season 3. Topserie! 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Dec 13 2013 11:31 PM
elephant:

Going to Last Vegas tomorrow night ... My new avatar reads "anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant" - except B&O (of course)

Unfortunately not enough good moments to make it a recommendation

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Dec 13 2013 11:41 PM
DoubleU:

Watching the ultra long movie Homeland season 3. Topserie!

Started watching "House of Cards" with the family on ATV and then jumping over to YouTube to replay the start of the UK original.

Also "Newsroom" series 2 on Foxtel Showtime

The free to air channels are all serving up replays now that the rating agencies are on holiday. We even have the beta-testing of up & coming announcers ... These are the bad sides of the festive season's insanities and inanities

Maybe I will treat myself to the box set of "West Wing" and go and hide in my mancave - I mean Beocave

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Dec 14 2013 12:23 PM
Ashton as Steve Jobs ... interesting but not great

BeoNut since '75

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

Some very funny moments on Saturday Night Live last night - e.g. this spoof of President Obama at Nelson Mandela's funeral.

Page 4 of 19 (746 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS