Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

The Three New Products - My Review.....

This post has 287 Replies | 7 Followers

wonderfulelectric
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 563
Bronze Member

Sorry repeat post.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

http://www.recordere.dk/indhold/templates/design.aspx?articleid=10036&zoneid=5

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 944
Gold Member

Peter the Biker:

Lars:

I do not know all the details, but haven´t they improved the speaker kind of? 

Anyways, either you got it or not. From my point of view the price point is right where it is supposed to be. 

I am comparing a pair of penguins (Beolab 9) to a pair of Beolab 18 + a Beolab 19.

I shall be at my b&O shop to listen to both speaker pair/triple and then I have to think thrice about a replacement of my BeoVox Penta attached to the Arcam Solo ("sold" and soldered to my Beovision 8 as a pair of Beolab 5...). I hope it will be a hard choice ...

Just dunnit or:

I payed a visit to my dealer in Puddingtown (aka Bielefeld near Bethel) and got the chance to listen to my music (Pink Floyd: Atom Heart Mother, Vivaldi, 4 Seasons by Gidon Kremer and Kremerata Baltica, Mahler, 2. Symphonie conducted by Leonhard Bernstein and New York Philharmonic Orchestra).

The sound: nice resolution, high dynamics (what else?), even the bass is very nice (from 40 Hz up). Geoff Martin did a great job.

The visuals: A pair with oaken lamellas looks very nice in my eyes.

But:

I did a comparison to the Beolab 9s. At a very similar price tag for a combo of Beolab 18 and 19 or a pair of Beolab 9 I begin to dream of a replacement of my Beovox Penta (with Arcam Solo receiver) by a pair of Beolab 9.

To make it true I only need to save some bucks for the bang ...

Peter the biker

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member

olvisab:

A presentation of it has been done in Spain to dealers. (only prototype not working)

A kind of wireless screen/tablet but with some space on the side for maybe some controls.

So, It won't be probably not a 100% touchscreen

The bm5/beosound 5 will stay the flagship of the brand.

I hope it is true. This probably means that the bs5 will be upgraded.

Dear olvisab and members,

By any chance is there any further news on this new audio device?

Very exciting development indeed and most intriguing...!

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Wed, Dec 18 2013 2:37 PM

I dropped in a shop to properly see the BL18s today. They are simply beautiful in oak - much more compact appearance than the pictures make you think - and make the 8000s look hopelessly '90s. The only thing I'd think over is the bevelled stand, but don't ask me how it should look like.

It's obvious that they sound clearer and somehow more "present" than my 8000s, but it's impossible to quantify how much better they are from a brief listen in a showroom with no direct comparison.

The height of the ALTs that was so much worried over is a complete non-issue, unless you plan to install the 18s in a 2 x 1.5m bathroom to listen while sitting on the can. The tweeters are located less than 30 cm higher than in BL8000, and I couldn't tell any difference between standing and sitting down from three meters away.

Nice speakers. I'd swap my 8000s for them in a heartbeat if I didn't have about a dozen higher priority money pits.

--mika

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

It seems that more and more people tend to like them, AFTER having seen and heard  them 'in real life' Smile

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Dec 18 2013 9:33 PM
tournedos:

I dropped in a shop to properly see the BL18s today. They are simply beautiful in oak - much more compact appearance than the pictures make you think - and make the 8000s look hopelessly '90s. The only thing I'd think over is the bevelled stand, but don't ask me how it should look like.

It's obvious that they sound clearer and somehow more "present" than my 8000s, but it's impossible to quantify how much better they are from a brief listen in a showroom with no direct comparison.

The height of the ALTs that was so much worried over is a complete non-issue, unless you plan to install the 18s in a 2 x 1.5m bathroom to listen while sitting on the can. The tweeters are located less than 30 cm higher than in BL8000, and I couldn't tell any difference between standing and sitting down from three meters away.

Nice speakers. I'd swap my 8000s for them in a heartbeat if I didn't have about a dozen higher priority money pits.

--mika

I agree on the looks as I said in another post. I was really surprised how they looked compared the web impressions - even the B&O photos.

Unfortunately the shop was very noisy with about 3 demos going simultaneously so I still have to hear them.

And my reason for going - the BL 19 - was drowned out.

I agree the floor stand/foot looks poor in contrast to the overall finish

BeoNut since '75

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Jan 18 2014 8:56 PM

I saw the 18s today for the first time. They are beautiful and sound great. The 8000s now look very dated.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Page 8 of 8 (288 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 | RSS