Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Chromecast built-in - working/not working?

rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 10 Followers

stephanebarbey
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member

Maybe you could tell that to BangOlufsen on their twitter feed too.

I am trying e.g. on https://twitter.com/stephane_barbey/status/1368186427255701510?s=20https://twitter.com/stephane_barbey/status/1368186427255701510?s=20https://twitter.com/stephane_barbey/status/1368186427255701510?s=20https://twitter.com/stephane_barbey/status/1368186427255701510?s=20https://twitter.com/stephane_barbey/status/1368186427255701510?s=20hhthttps://twitter.com/stephane_barbey/status/1368186427255701510?s=20tps://twitter.com/stephane_barbey/status/1368186427255701510?s=20ttps: https://twitter.com/stephane_barbey/status/1368186427255701510?s=20//twitter.com/stephane_barbey/status/1368186427255701510?s=20

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 245
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Sat, Mar 6 2021 5:27 PM
Stan:

Interesting. I don't have an M5, but my Essences have been more stable since the most recent update. My M3 has always been stable.

If you go to B&W good luck, and I hope it works out. Personally, I think chromecast is just unstable in general. Up until my B&O devices started flaking out over the last few months, my Google chromecast audio was, by far, my least reliable chromecast device (so unreliable that my wife has given up even trying to use it). Granted, it only cost $40, but if Google can't even get their own devices to work reliably, what chance do 3rd parties have?

I have to agree regarding the Chromecast Audio. Piece of cr*p. Had a mind of its own and would continue playing Track A long after Track B was selected.

I had attached it to the Aux of our Beocenter 2300 so my wife could stream. Gave up after a week or so.

Have since got an Essence Mark 2 so the wife is happier now.
tiktak
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
tiktak replied on Sat, Mar 6 2021 10:28 PM

I can also confirm that on M5 and A6 the new software update (1.25.74x) does not fix the Chromecast issue. After restart the speaker can connect to Chromecast for some hours before the server connection error reappears.

I would like to encourage everybody who are experiencing this problem to write a short description of the problem to B&O Support. If nothing else to force them to acknowledge that we are a flock of frustrated customers

Keeping my fingers crossed for a fix between Google servers and B&O but my hopes are running low.

TenaciousC
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

I've received somewhat hopeful news from support concerning this issue, a solution might be near:

Louis (Bang & Olufsen)

Mar 7, 2021, 16:46 GMT+1

Dear ,

Thank you very much for your response and patience in this matter.

We apologize for the ongoing Chromecast issue.

We are aware that selected products (Beoplay A9 2nd Gen, Beoplay A6, Beosound Essence, Beosound 35, Beosound 1 1st Gen, Beoosund 2 1st Gen and Beoplay M5) have been facing problems using Google Cast/Chromecast.
We are sincerely sorry for this inconvenience and have been working closely together with Google as this problem is related to their Servers. We have a solution in place which is currently being reviewed internally and will very soon be rolled out to all devices.
In the long term, we are continuing our efforts with our partners to make the Google Cast experience even more stable.

Let us know, should there be any further questions or remarks on your end.

Kind regards,

Louis | Bang & Olufsen Support
TenaciousC
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

duplicate

HAWK
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
HAWK replied on Mon, Mar 8 2021 8:26 AM

Thx, that's hopeful. 

With the latest fw upgrade it is little more stable, but still no really doable, so let's wait for the GC upgrade. 

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Mar 18 2021 5:26 PM

Not sure if it is because I didn't notice it before, I doubt, but since product updates I find that the volume level starts from 0 to the current value progressively when changing from one source to another ,where before the newly selected source was straight at the current volume level. Same when starting a source when product is previously in standby.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Mar 19 2021 8:25 AM

mbolo01:

Not sure if it is because I didn't notice it before, I doubt, but since product updates I find that the volume level starts from 0 to the current value progressively when changing from one source to another ,where before the newly selected source was straight at the current volume level. Same when starting a source when product is previously in standby.

Hmmm.... have not noticed that...

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Mar 20 2021 6:07 PM
I´m sure the Core behaves this way now, I have to confirm with other products.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Mar 22 2021 8:47 AM
Just noticed something new in the latest products’ software update, including non portable ones. Not sure about the benefits but for me it looks more like a fix to B&O products not correctly handling WiFi networks with different hotspot sharing the same SSID as well as some mesh networks:

TenaciousC
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

Anyone been able to get an update from B&O regarding this issue?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Noone really seems to know what this means:

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/46456/334479.aspx#334479

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

HAWK
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
HAWK replied on Fri, Apr 2 2021 11:05 AM

Millemissen:

Noone really seems to know what this means:

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/46456/334479.aspx#334479

MM

Hmmm, I read that thread and I see this setting now also on my Essence MK2. It might be even better to turn it OFF to make it more stable?

I will try this the coming days. 

The last few weeks I use the Essence MK2 in my Google groups regularly, but you have to reboot the Essence MK2 almost every time before you start to use it this way. then it works for several hours, but the next day you have to do the reboot again (because of the famous authentication error). 

No news from B&O about the announced fix for this? GC Version is still 1.28.xxxx  (Essence itself at 1.25.xxxx)

jooja
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
jooja replied on Sat, Apr 3 2021 1:46 PM

I got the same response ~2 months ago, and then a new response (see below) last week, when I complained again & requested an update. I have M3 (which is also having issues sometimes), M5 and A9 (+few other chromecast enabled devices), and it’s starting to be quite annoying that this kind of quite basic functionality is not working, and it’s not possible to listen Spotify in a multi-room setup...

”... 

We are sincerely sorry for this inconvenience and assure you that we are working toward a resolution for this. However, it may take some time for us to provide you with a working resolution. At this time our technical and development team are testing out the resolutions before releasing anything.

We can only ask for your continued patience. Please accept our apologies for the frustration.
...”

—- 

TenaciousC:

I've received somewhat hopeful news from support concerning this issue, a solution might be near:

Louis (Bang & Olufsen)

Mar 7, 2021, 16:46 GMT+1

Dear ,

Thank you very much for your response and patience in this matter.

We apologize for the ongoing Chromecast issue.

We are aware that selected products (Beoplay A9 2nd Gen, Beoplay A6, Beosound Essence, Beosound 35, Beosound 1 1st Gen, Beoosund 2 1st Gen and Beoplay M5) have been facing problems using Google Cast/Chromecast.
We are sincerely sorry for this inconvenience and have been working closely together with Google as this problem is related to their Servers. We have a solution in place which is currently being reviewed internally and will very soon be rolled out to all devices.
In the long term, we are continuing our efforts with our partners to make the Google Cast experience even more stable.

Let us know, should there be any further questions or remarks on your end.

Kind regards,

Louis | Bang & Olufsen Support

HAWK
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
HAWK replied on Sat, Apr 3 2021 2:31 PM

Thx for the update. Of course it is good they test it in advance, but when they think they have a working solution, release it as a beta and let us do the testing! Cool

coachsharter
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Has anyone's device been fixed? My M5 still does not show up as Google Chromecast option on spotify nor show up on Google Home. Only my M3 works.

coachsharter
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Has anyone's device been fixed? My M5 still does not show up as Google Chromecast option on spotify nor show up on Google Home. Only my M3 works.

coachsharter
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Apr 13 2021 8:13 AM

Apart from devices having a recent Chromecast software, e.g. M3, BS Core, all other are still failing or are unstable, including A6, M5, BS 1 and some other.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Same here - still not fixed.

On my Essence MK2 a daily reboot solves the issue.....why is a mystery.

But after that it shows up in the Google Home/Spotify apps as a chromecast device and works well.

(N.B. I have no groups, since I don’t use cast for audio that much).

MM

HAWK
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
HAWK replied on Tue, Apr 13 2021 9:18 AM

Millemissen:

Same here - still not fixed.

On my Essence MK2 a daily reboot solves the issue.....why is a mystery.

But after that it shows up in the Google Home/Spotify apps as a chromecast device and works well.

(N.B. I have no groups, since I don’t use cast for audio that much).

MM

Same here with my Essence MK2. since I use Groups, I thought that might be (causing) the problem, but apparantly not.

Maybe when you use other GC devises in the network (not in a group, but seperately)? I also notice a difference in behaviour when  starting a GC stream from the app directly or by using google voice assistant. 

Let's hope the upgrae will be rolled out soon!

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, Apr 13 2021 3:21 PM

I must say this is a very odd problem.  I have 2 Essence Mk2s sitting right next to each other and one usually works, and the other does not. 

This whole Chromecast fiasco stopped me from buying a Level.  It is true that the Level didn't have any problems itself, but it would not reliable play with my older devices so back it went.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 13 2021 7:43 PM
M5 and A6 have got updated. For me they now appear as they should as Chromecast devices and appear as playable in Google Home app.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

HAWK
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
HAWK replied on Tue, Apr 13 2021 8:07 PM

Hiort:
M5 and A6 have got updated. For me they now appear as they should as Chromecast devices and appear as playable in Google Home app.

Good news!

What Google Cast (software) version do you have now?

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Apr 13 2021 8:08 PM
Hiort:

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen : Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom : M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2 Library : A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom : M5, Essence remote Travel : Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Tks Hiort. Do they have a more recent CC software or does the latest update only fixes the registration issue?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 14 2021 10:31 AM

mbolo01:

Tks Hiort. Do they have a more recent CC software or does the latest update only fixes the registration issue?

Still 1.28.102057

TenaciousC
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

Got the update too, didn't solve anything... worked for 5 minutes, switched a bit between speakers to play audio on and then got the error again

Update I received:

• 15.04.2021 01:40:48
    Automatische update naar v.: 1.25.43619.92550662

Error: 

• 14. 4. 2021 02:01:13
    Network state: down
  • 14. 4. 2021 02:01:12
    Authentication server unreachable, stopping Google Cast!
  • 13. 4. 2021 23:59:28
    Network state: down

gysse2004
Top 500 Contributor
Hellerup
Posts 192
Bronze Member
gysse2004 replied on Sat, Apr 17 2021 12:28 PM

Still not working after latest sw upgrade, cannot connect to M5 via cc, Beo app works fine. 
peter 

Beovision eclipse 65, Beolab 50, Beolab 18, Beovision 11, Beolab 3, Beolab 2, BeoVision 10, MLGW, BeoLink converter Nl/Ml, Beosound 5, BLGW

stampfki
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 138
Bronze Member

same here. Get you the BeoTool ot type the IP adress into a browser, most likely the M5 shows serial no. 0000000, so it cannot be recognized by the app.

Created a ticket at Support: ticket no. 371619

They have offered me 20% discount on a new M5 since they haven't been able to fix it. Freekin joke!! Device is only 3 years old.

At least I can access it on the web browser but no integration possible.

tiktak
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
tiktak replied on Wed, May 5 2021 11:17 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to test it thoroughly before giving a positive feedback.

I am happy to say that I can now connect to my A6 and M5 via Chromecast. I can play for long time and is not disconnected.

My units have been without restart for several weeks now. I do not experience the connection to the server is lost.

All is fine on my end. At long last. Smile

HAWK
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
HAWK replied on Thu, May 6 2021 10:53 AM

tiktak:

Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to test it thoroughly before giving a positive feedback.

I am happy to say that I can now connect to my A6 and M5 via Chromecast. I can play for long time and is not disconnected.

My units have been without restart for several weeks now. I do not experience the connection to the server is lost.

All is fine on my end. At long last. Smile

It seems to work more stable then before, but still same firmware for Beosound as well as for Google CC version. 

It still has hickups, but less then before. 

bab
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
bab replied on Thu, May 6 2021 12:21 PM

Likewise, after the latest SW update my A6 stays connected and available in the Google Home app. The only remaining hiccup is that scheduled events (aka. "routines" in Google speak), such as streaming the news at 6am from TuneIn via Chromecast to a speaker group which includes the A6 don't always reliably happen. I think this is a Google Home problem, though, and not something B&O is to blame for.

TenaciousC
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member

I'm starting to think this is never going to get fully resolved... I'm also getting more & more convinced this is not a b&o but an Google issue.

Google seems be doing an extremely sh*t job with it's chromecast, even my nvidia shield is starting to have issue with chromecast now (until I reverted it back to the factory version of CC)... hell, since this year even my google chromecast audio devices, so 100% pure google devices, are having issue connecting (and I had many of them for my multiroom)

Luckily there is one extremely fine working solution, get an Ipad and stream using airplay 2, no hickups, never a failure to stop/start, perfect volume control, select what speakers should be playing your music if you have multiple airplay 2 speakers, all nicely in sync. For me personally this was a bit of a pain as I was quite anti-apple and all my devices are android but after 1 month now with the ipad I'm starting tho think I might actually replace my android phone too with an iphone.

Long story short, don't blame B&O for the failures of Google.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, May 24 2021 7:30 PM
Yep -Airplay 2 was a big improvement over version 1.

I use it every day for sending my podcasts around to various rooms

That said, CC has been working on my BS2 and A9 for a while now- controlled using Roon.
hadr
Top 500 Contributor
Switzerland
Posts 92
Bronze Member
hadr replied on Tue, May 25 2021 9:37 AM

My A9 is also working fine again for the past couple of weeks using Chromecast and speaker groups set up in Google Home (Chromecase version 1.28.102057). For me AirPlay 2 produces a lag between the speakers sometimes after a while, which is frustrating. There is also a lag in playback, play/pause etc (due to buffering I suppose)

HAWK
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
HAWK replied on Tue, May 25 2021 9:57 AM

My Essence MK2 is also working "rather stable" now, no new firmware from B&O or GC, but it is workable now. When you change a lot during Google Home Group playback, it will stop playing in the end, but it is better then before. 

Let's hope they still will roll-out new (and more stable) firmware, since they mentioned to do that months ago! 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Although not using CC that much, CC has worked well on my Essence MK2 - when I needed it - for quite some time now.

MM

bab
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
bab replied on Tue, May 25 2021 12:57 PM

My A6 is now running stable grouped together with a Google Home speaker since the latest B&O SW update a few weeks ago. The A6 is currently running 1.25.43619.92550662 with CC version 1.28.102057. I noticed that when B&O pushed this update (from 1.25.43618), google speaker groups stopped working until I did a reset. After that reset it's been 100% stable.

I have to say it still boggles the mind that B&O seems to be unable to get their SW under control without impacting their customers in a major way. CC and Airplay are *KEY* features in their product line, touted in every add I see from them. Yet, it took 6 months from the time I bought the A6 several years ago for B&O to even enable the CC feature. And then they screwed it up again as we've witnessed over the past few months, almost crippling the products at times. Certainly not what you'd expect from a premium brand (with premium pricing to go with it).

HAWK
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
HAWK replied on Tue, May 25 2021 1:20 PM

Interesting to hear. 

My Essence MK2 updated on April 15th, from 1.25.42740.xxxx to 1.25.43618.xxxx and since then no more Google Authorization Errors in the log anymore, so that explains at least the better stability. 

Google Cast version still the same (1.28.102057) 

Page 5 of 5 (199 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS