Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Coffee

rated by 0 users
This post has 189 Replies | 3 Followers

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member

It tastes good to me . 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Apr 26 2015 7:14 AM

Simonbeo:

It tastes good to me . 

Very stylish and sleek! Yes - thumbs up

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Does anyone own a Miele coffee machine?

I was thinking that I would like to buy the Benchtop model as a future replacement for my Delonghi Nespresso

http://www.mieleshop.com.au/cm-6300-benchtop-coffee-machine/p_9772540_Catalog13/miele-au
Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Sat, Jun 20 2015 7:20 PM

interesting new coffee machine using siphon technology by kitchenaid ... interesting principle  

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Jun 20 2015 9:00 PM

Michael, my friend is a Miele dealer, and I can asure they a great machines. CM 6310 is the newest one, replacing CM 6300.

But you will never find a machine from Miele at a real coffee enthousiast his home, they choose other brands as Jura, ... Don't now why, price is not the reason. Because most compare the name with washing machines?

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Gold Member
badgersurf replied on Sat, Jun 20 2015 11:29 PM

i have been looking for the prefect coffee machine for me, unfortunately it has now been made but only available in America. I am waiting for this

http://www.chemexcoffeemaker.com/coffeemakers/ottomatic.html

Had a Chemex glass filter before, it made beautiful tasting coffee but was such time heavy to create I gave up!

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Thanks Chris - i think they also make great machines whatever their market.  I think they are built to last.  When this nespresso goes, i'm going to Miele the next day.  I recently bought their robot vacuum and i love it.

Badger, thanks for the link to Chemex.  I've never seen them before.  Before i clicked the link i thought chemicals and coffee ?!@!  Clicking educated me.  They look amazing and believe they would make a great coffee 

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Mon, Jun 22 2015 12:52 PM

The Chemex method does make great coffee.  The new Ottomatic is just the job and saves quite a bit of time standing over the Carafe dripping water over the coffee.  Sold out I see - even at 350 USD.

Dave.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

Go back a few pages, Michael. I think you have seen a chemex before Wink

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

leosgonewild:
Go back a few pages, Michael. I think you have seen a chemex before Wink

Surprise Yes - thumbs up

5:8:13
Not Ranked
UK
Posts 48
Bronze Member
5:8:13 replied on Tue, Jun 30 2015 3:53 PM

Don't worry about the coffee itself  - but are you drinking it from the B&O cups and saucers

that were used by B&O at the start of the time ticketed demonstrations at the Hi-Fi shows in the 1970s? 

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Gold Member

Hi,

Has anyone  tried the cold brew method, think its also called the Dutch method for making coffee?

Apparently produces a less acidic brew. 

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Jul 7 2015 3:39 PM

I wish illy would make nesspresso pods!

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
badgersurf:

Hi,

Has anyone tried the cold brew method, think its also called the Dutch method for making coffee?

Apparently produces a less acidic brew.

I do that method for icecoffe sirup Smile

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Jul 12 2015 2:40 PM

For espresso, I always year after year, go back to Nespresso's 'Roma'. Also CoffeePod's Columbian is beautiful fruity with tangerine notes :)

Rediscovering my love of Columbian espresso with a fruity flavour :)

Jonathan
Top 75 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,811
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Sun, Jul 12 2015 2:57 PM

I really don't get why anyone would buy a 'pod' machine..

- You don't know when the coffee was ground, it could be months old

- Boiling water infused through cheap plastic can't be good for your health, or for the environment!

- The result is ok, but really it's not that good

- Price per cup is quite high compared to beans

I have a Saeco Incanto Sirius that grinds the beans freshly for every cup, and has a much better pressure level than pod machines. The only waste is the coffee grounds, and these are great fertiliser for the garden!

x:________________________

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Sun, Jul 12 2015 4:20 PM

Jonathan:

I really don't get why anyone would buy a 'pod' machine..

- You don't know when the coffee was ground, it could be months old

- Boiling water infused through cheap plastic can't be good for your health, or for the environment!

- The result is ok, but really it's not that good

- Price per cup is quite high compared to beans

I have a Saeco Incanto Sirius that grinds the beans freshly for every cup, and has a much better pressure level than pod machines. The only waste is the coffee grounds, and these are great fertiliser for the garden!

the only justification for the pods is the upkeep of an office kitchen area which would get very messy if everyone tried to be a Barrista.  Remember, the guy who created the system has changed his mind on it. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/inventor-of-the-coffee-capsule-feels-bad-for-environmental-damage--and-prefers-to-use-filters-10083379.html

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Jul 12 2015 4:38 PM

Maybe you should try a Nespresso machine and try the many varieties of capsules available. Some are truly excellent! Just like coffee houses, some espresso is amazing and some is downright awful! 

Certainly the plastic or metal pods are no more dangerous for your health than the air that you are breathing which in the UK is filled with asbestos particles from the 10 million houses that sadly have it or the cancerous diesel fumes from cars or the cyanide gas caused by fracking.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Jul 12 2015 4:42 PM

I also use a French press system as well as a Nespresso and both have their place and both taste totally different. But for me, when I want an espresso, I like the Nespresso system and my gosh, I'm very fussy about my espresso! But it's individual tastes and known will ever agree on things like this. So for me, end of discussion :)

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Sun, Jul 12 2015 10:27 PM
I'm in the South American coffee camp, do enjoy the depth of taste, personal preference is Guatemalan .... I do hate how some coffee shop chains burn the beans to try and reproduce depth.

Biscuit or no biscuit with your coffee ?

Jonathan
Top 75 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,811
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Mon, Jul 13 2015 5:29 AM

Please note that my dislike for Pod machines is not an attack directed at anyone personally, so please don't take it as such.

I've tried them before, and they did a fine job. But for me, there's far too many negatives.....

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Jonathan:

Please note that my dislike for Pod machines is not an attack directed at anyone personally, so please don't take it as such.

I've tried them before, and they did a fine job. But for me, there's far too many negatives.....

I didn't take it as an attack.

I use a nespresso machine but when it dies - im going back to beans :-) It's more eco
Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 917
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Fri, Sep 18 2015 4:41 PM

Has anyone tried the Dualit machine that can use nesspresso capsules, the generic illy pod things and fresh coffee as well?

I use a nesspresso because to me it tastes good and leaves no mess - but at the weekend I want to try different coffee's and have more time. My current machine is on it's way out so would be interested if anyone has used one as it seems to combine everything I want in one machine.

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Mon, Sep 21 2015 2:58 PM
Jonathan:

personally the pod machine is not for me but what I find funny is when anyone comes around mine and I offer them a coffee they normally say no....

it might be when I return from the pantry with arms full of grinder, beans, jug etc and they must think poor man he does not have to go through all that....

just means more beans for me...

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Andrew:

Has anyone tried the Dualit machine that can use nesspresso capsules, the generic illy pod things and fresh coffee as well?

I use a nesspresso because to me it tastes good and leaves no mess - but at the weekend I want to try different coffee's and have more time. My current machine is on it's way out so would be interested if anyone has used one as it seems to combine everything I want in one machine.

It sounds like an interesting concept. The illy pods are tasty. Now haven't tried it but would be interested to see it.
Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

I've seen the Miele coffee machines around but no one actually seems to have any working display models to test.

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Chris Harrison:

I've seen the Miele coffee machines around but no one actually seems to have any working display models to test.

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Mini, iPhone 6, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones.

When I go to the Miele gallery next week to get fabric softener I'll ask them to try it out
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,170
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sat, Oct 10 2015 2:53 PM

I've done with the Nespresso capsules, after another failure from a Citiz machine and the costly coffee cups (0.39 euro/piece) Buyable only at a 'Nespresso Boutique'. For that price the capsules should be brought home by Mr. Clooney. Its Nespresso no more for me!

After this machine failure I made finally the decision to buy a real Espressomachine. A while ago I had a great interest in a Miele machine, almost bought one (having all Miele kitchen & washing machinery at home), but the high price scared me off (+1000 euros).

Over the years we invested so much money into machines, filtermachines, capsule machines, French presses... paying again all that money and having another bad experience as with the Citiz...

Scared as I was to make another big investment, I went to the store and choose a very price worthy machine, the Delonghi ECAM 22.110B. Italian brand, hmmm, I had some inferior experiences with made in Italy...owned years ago a Alfa Romeo...But the machine would cost me only 299 euro and that was reasonable for a first time espresso machine. Now after 14 days of use, way to short to decide its worth the money, I can only say its better coffee then Nespresso.

The reason why I find the coffee better then Nespresso? I suppose this has to do with beans, luckily there is not to far away a small coffee-roasting factory open every Saturday where I get the roasted beans weekly fresh. They only roast one type of coffee and its especially roasted Arabica for espresso machines.

Is a Miele espresso machine now worth the investment, maybe... yes off course it should be...

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member

I own an Alfa Romeo !

and two sizes of this Alessi stove-top espresso . Fantastic investment .

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Sun, Nov 8 2015 4:57 PM
Simonbeo:

I own an Alfa Romeo !

and two sizes of this Alessi stove-top espresso . Fantastic investment .

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8 , MX 5500 . Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000

I like the handle locking mechanism on this Alessi .... (Oh I used to own an Alfasud) Embarrassed

Page 5 of 5 (190 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS