Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New products in the next 6-12 months

This post has 382 Replies | 10 Followers

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
seethroughyou Posted: Fri, Jun 14 2013 2:29 PM

I was wondering if we could assemble both a little positivity, hope and some reliable indications of new B&O products on the horizon in the next 6-12 months.

1. Insiders with info please feel free to contribute...

2. Bang & Olufsen employees feel free to contribute as much info as possible without getting sacked...

3. Like a cold ward spy, I would happily sleep with a B&O employee (female of course) to get this info were it not for being married. For King & Country...Ha ha!

4. Dude1 you have given us some tit-bits of veiled info so feel free to contribute...

5. I will start - B&O will be releasing a successor to the Beosystem 3 successor (costing about £5000) that can be used with 3rd part TV panels and a new TV stand that will impress and is rather unusual but cool. I know that's not very exciting but together we are greater than the sum of our parts...!

BEFORE WE ALL GET CARRIED AWAY - let this not become a rumour mill or a wish-list that never comes to fruition. We will audit this thread in 12 months and those that with right/reliable/accurate postings now will be awarded later and those that are confirmed as blatant fabricators will face the chop with Madame La Guillotine...!

Wink

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 2:52 PM

I've been told a new column loudspeaker.

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member

To replace the BL6000s or did they not give any more info?

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Wade
Not Ranked
New York City
Posts 24
Bronze Member
Wade replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 3:10 PM

I had a listen to the new H6 headphones a few weeks ago in the NYC Flatiron shop and was told that the shipment was en route from Denmark. While they still are not listed on the online store, I am very excited to get my hands on a pair. I don't recall if they had any H3's in stock but I'll be interested to see how those compare to the A8 line. (As a side note, the sales rep told me the US pricing was $399 for the H6.)

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 4:42 PM

@seethroughyou

i've been told the beolab8000.

it will have a alt tweeter on top.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:14 PM

koning:

@seethroughyou

I Hope it looks better than I'm imagining it!!

Ban boring signatures!

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:29 PM

I got a card in the mail encouraging me to go to my local store and  "listen and pre-order" the h3 or h6.  $249 for the h3, $399 for the h6. I see that abt.com (my local store) has h3s in stock and h6s on back order.  Unfortunately,  I really only use headphones on airplanes, and I don't think the h3s have enough noise isolation, but I may go take a look anyway.  To me, the h6s look to be the better value ("only" $150 more for a large over the ear headphone with nice leather), but they're too big for travel and I have bl8000s for office listening.

Other new products?   I haven't a clue. 

Stan 

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:13 PM

And there will be a new subwoofer.

it has a shape like a diamond.

Milos
Not Ranked
Belgrade
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Milos replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:22 PM

New pirate edition of A9 with only one wooden leg :)

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 8:36 PM
Milos:

Is that due to more cut backs.
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:28 PM

Milos:

Arrrrrrr...

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Well - the thread is already sliding into the usual complaining..

Please take the question asked from seethroughyou serious - there are lots of other threads about 'suggesting a one-legged A9'.

Quite a lot has been written about the TV production being transferred to the Czech and the 75 people who loose their jobs in Struer. Some even think that this is the end of B&O.

Less known is that they are increasing the aluminium production in Struer, they even hire more people/cancel the summer vacations - because a lot of new items are being produced at the moment for several new products coming this autum.

Employees talk about 2 (or more) new loudspeakers and other things. Most of them do not know exactly what is coming - they 'just' make the items! It wouldn't surprice me if one or two coloum speaker are coming soon.

They keep things very tight nowadays in Struer, and noone is really allowed to talk about what he/she might know.

However it is my impression - talking to  some of the workers in Struer - that we will see several new products this year. ...

....just as Tue has promised Surprise

P.S. @ seethroughyou - what is "a new tv stand that will impress...."?

The 'BeoSystem 4" already was official announced - not as 'BSys4', but as 'successor of the BSys3'.

That it is meant to be used with 3rd party TV panels was not mentioned as far as I know.

Greetings Millemissen

There is a tv - and there is a BV

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
W5bno123, Miles and Puncher you have within a few replies been found guilty of bringing a positive thread that encourages fellow B&O fans and our beloved company into disrepute. I shall reserve sentencing till later but all I can say is bring your buckets to Madame La Guillotine to me 12 months hence.

Let's try and do something different from moaning - B&O need our support. We all feel let down and a tad disappointed with some of the gear but I believe that B&O know that and are doing all they can to change things this year. Can we all try to stop kicking B&O whilst it's down. If you think you can design a better product than the current staff in Denmark and have a good design draw it, post it on the forum and hopefully B&O will see it and incorporate it.

Millemissen, I know nothing else about the new stand(s) as that was all the dealer would say!

You are all commanded to go forth and drill your dealers this weekend for information. Be subtle!

Pushkin
Not Ranked
Posts 46
Bronze Member
Pushkin replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 11:06 PM
Hi - if the 'BeoSystem 4' is truly designed for seamless use with third party panels that is a great step forward. As a prior BV4-65 owner I would buy this new product without hesitation - I adore B&O speakers and really enjoy the benefits of full integration but want an OLED panel. Although a tiny sample I know five other people who would also buy this product. I am also excited about significantly refreshed column speakers.
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 11:11 PM
Pushkin:

Hi - if the 'BeoSystem 4' is truly designed for seamless use with third party panels that is a great step forward. As a prior BV4-65 owner I would buy this new product without hesitation - I adore B&O speakers and really enjoy the benefits of full integration but want an OLED panel. Although a tiny sample I know five other people who would also buy this product. I am also excited about significantly refreshed column speakers.

Me too!

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 3:06 AM
koning:

@seethroughyou

Well if this is the case and they look stunning, ill be giving B&O some $ for the first time in a few years.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 6:20 AM

Jeff:

Milos:

Arrrrrrr...

Laughing

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 6:55 AM

Pushkin:
Hi - if the 'BeoSystem 4' is truly designed for seamless use with third party panels that is a great step forward. As a prior BV4-65 owner I would buy this new product without hesitation - I adore B&O speakers and really enjoy the benefits of full integration but want an OLED panel. Although a tiny sample I know five other people who would also buy this product.

I would buy it to support this Big Smile

http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/article/464809/lg_new_laser_display_gives_100in_full_hd_glory/

... well maybe ... I will certainly take a look at the projector in July ... but if it looks washed out like the photo in this article I will walk away ...

"Big enough to impress even the burliest lumberjacks."

BeoNut since '75

Milos
Not Ranked
Belgrade
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Milos replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 7:06 AM

I'l double the money for next gen of 8000. Rly hope so its gonna happend with that tweeter thingy.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 8:07 AM

An 8000 with an ALT tweeter could be interesting. I also think that if they used some of the same tech in the Lab 9 and 5 they could increase bass response in a smaller speaker. You can use electronic tricks to force a driver to any system q and frequency extension you want if the driver is robust enough to withstand the abuse. You no longer need to meet the Thiele-Small parameters and enclosure size, you can force fit it with how you drive the woofer if you make it strong. See the BL2, Carver Amazing Subwoofer, Lab 5. In the Lab 5 that enclosure is way, way too small for most large drivers, so I suspect they are playing the same tricks there and in the Lab 2.

As much as I like things like the 4000, 6000, and 8000 aesthetically, and feel they have no need to be replaced as they are iconic, the truth of the need should, business wise, be only based on sales. If the sales numbers have been declining then it's time to replace it, no matter how iconic it is. It would be a bad decision IMO if they are still selling well and it's just to arrive at some kind of forced similarity between the models.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:30 AM

I've been told that the shape is different.

where is the secret sheep?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Maeh!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 10:39 AM

seethroughyou:
W5bno123, Miles and Puncher you have within a few replies been found guilty of bringing a positive thread that encourages fellow B&O fans and our beloved company into disrepute.

If you get off your high horse and read my post, it does nothing of the sort, it merely says, in other words, that the design will need seriously  addressing -  plonking an ALT of top of a current BL8000 is, if nothing else, at the wrong height, besides looking completely lost and out of place!!

A forum is for expressing opinion - everyone has one and each is allowed to post it as, when and how they choose. I'm sorry that W5bno 123, Miles and my thoughts don't meet your high standards, if you'd like a forum where everyone agrees with you and sees no fault in B&O's recent performance or product line up then perhaps you can request a sub-directory away from the General forum, I'm sure you'll all be very happy there!

Ban boring signatures!

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 10:40 AM

Come on big kitty....give us a little bit more info

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
frog replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 11:09 AM

And me.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 2:53 PM
Please accept my sincere apologies. I will enjoy reading the speculations from the sidelines.
seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Good grief Puncher you really need to take a chill pill. You obviously didn't get the French revolutionary humour did you in my mention of disrepute - hence your aggressive reply. Good grief dude chill out. Nobody is even hinting that you should curtail your human right to protest and express your opinion. Feel free.... We all are quite aware of how you feel. Could you at all find some love in your heart to do it with some gentleness, humour and sophistication? Some cheekiness, constructiveness and humour could help us all in these less than perfect times.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 3:02 PM

seethroughyou:
Good grief Puncher you really need to take a chill pill. You obviously didn't get the French revolutionary humour did you - hence your aggressive reply.

Please raise your hand next time you are being funny so that we know.

Ban boring signatures!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 3:02 PM

seethroughyou:
Good grief Puncher you really need to take a chill pill. You obviously didn't get the French revolutionary humour did you - hence your aggressive reply.

Please raise your hand next time you are being funny so that we know.

Ban boring signatures!

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Hand up next time. Will do. Big up to you my B&O brother-in-arms.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 6:11 PM

seethroughyou:
Hand up next time. Will do
LaughingYes - thumbs up

Ban boring signatures!

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Dealer today says more news to follow in September when the dealers meet and will get more news on upcoming products from HQ...! Fingers crossed.

PapaJustify
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 110
Bronze Member

All I can say is that there is lots to be excited for in the next 12 months.

Christophe
Top 500 Contributor
Cape Town
Posts 94
Bronze Member

An ALT tweeter doesn't necessarily have to be placed on top of the BeoLab 8000, it can be mounted behind the fabric cover: after all, the fret is already triangle-shaped, when you look from the top of the speaker..Wink

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 5:08 PM

no alt on the beolab 8000!  it will be a new column loudspeaker.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Yes - thumbs up

Kokane81
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Kokane81 replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:59 PM

Ive heard a new way for the tv's will move on a stand,(ie move upwards from the bottom of the stand on a curve revealing the speaker maybe)

wireless speaker later this year

a 65, 72 and 80 something lcd screen and the successor to the Bv7

all in all a lot to look forward to.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 12:24 AM

Kokane81:

Ive heard a new way for the tv's will move on a stand,(ie move upwards from the bottom of the stand on a curve revealing the speaker maybe)

a 65, 72 and 80 something lcd screen 

Sounds great!

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Dude1
Not Ranked
Posts 27
Bronze Member
Dude1 replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 12:34 AM

Hi All

An interesting post - but I fear I have seen the outcome of some of the responses take a similar shape in the past..

Let's recap a few facts. At the present time there is a worldwide recession - which has hit nearly every single sector. We all know this, just talk to a cabbie to get that info. And B&O hasn't been immune. 

But let's also remember that nearly every single electronics company that I'm aware of is struggling. Certainly in the face of falling consumer demand and intense competition from some cheaper brands. So I think in light of this and with B&Os tiny presence, they have done well. It's easy to sit on the sidelines and criticise - some valid - some I think is verging on absurd.

B&O has some great stuff coming - audio, TV and speaker. The new line of audio solutions are shaping up to be great - better than expected and with some lessons learnt from previous versions.

There is a new high end speaker coming. But this is taking some time to perfect (as they do...)

TVs. There is much life in that left yet (apologies doomsayers). It's unfortunate that production will move from Struer - but this may yet leave room for some further great price point TVs to take the stage. There are some design sensations that will delight the senses and make you want to visit the stores again. Whistle

BE HAPPY.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:25 AM

Hello everyone

/ Peter Pan

Page 1 of 10 (383 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS