Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoLab 50

rated by 0 users
This post has 422 Replies | 11 Followers

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Jul 31 2017 4:35 PM

Photos removed.
Lees NDA with B&O also includes sites in his ownership, please respect this.

Martin 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

@9 LEE

So, when does your NDA end?

My dealer told me that he is not allowed to unpack his pair (not to speak of displaying them) untill end of week 32.

That is fortunately soon ;-)  

May we expect a review (from your impressions back then in Struer) and maybe pics too?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

I think looking at the B&O Global Training videos on YouTube, the BeoLab 90 videos show a great tutorial on calibrating the BeoLab 90s using a microphone and the setup app. The connection panel on the BeoLab 90 where the microphone plugs in looks a little flimsy but you get a good shot of the Beolab 90s back-firing woofers as part of BeoLab 90s ARC system. BeoLab 90

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

Whoops!

Wrong thread. Should have been the BeoLab 90 page. Still worth watching though!

1983beo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Bronze Member
1983beo replied on Tue, Aug 1 2017 8:46 PM
Big Smile
benoit
Top 150 Contributor
France
Posts 646
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Tue, Aug 1 2017 9:44 PM

And Geoff Martin himself makes the show! I like these 90s Big Smile but not sure if I would have mixed the wood with the black fret....

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
France
Posts 646
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Tue, Aug 1 2017 9:45 PM

I like the cinematic of the lens... I wonder if it is possible to buy only one and use it as a giant BeoSound 2.

MJ
Not Ranked
Posts 59
Bronze Member
MJ replied on Tue, Aug 1 2017 10:16 PM

They even put videos online of the acoustic lens (automatic lifting!) and side cover replacement:

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000661069-BeoLab-50-User-Guide

MJ
Not Ranked
Posts 59
Bronze Member
MJ replied on Tue, Aug 1 2017 10:19 PM

Acoustic lens: https://youtu.be/P4hoHz0cQ5M

Side covers: https://youtu.be/bte3CdVD2P0

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Well spotted!!!

Now 9 LEE, what can hold you back now?

If not even B&O can hold tight!

MM

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 621
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Tue, Aug 1 2017 11:57 PM
That is one seriously cool speaker.

Really looking forward to the official introduction! The specs will surely color us as impressed as the mechanical B&O magic.

I wonder if the paint brush is included in the package Big Smile

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 8:26 AM

KMA:

I wonder if the paint brush is included in the package Big Smile

I love the super gentle and delicate way the lady with the nice hands clean the lens Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 8:30 AM

Finally: Mechanics back in a B&O product!!! Thank you B&O.

I guess my Beolab 50 would be back at my dealer for repair very soon. Diagnosis: Somebody seems to have used the motorized feature 1000 times in 2 days!? Big Smile
But the wood looks out of place on the speakers in my opinion.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 9:07 AM

Big Smile

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member
Stones
Not Ranked
Posts 59
Bronze Member
Stones replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 9:34 AM
Millemissen:

My dealer told me that he is not allowed to unpack his pair (not to speak of displaying them) untill end of week 32.

The B&O store in Silkeborg DK had them on display previous week.
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,088
Bronze Member

BeoLab 50 - Socket panel.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

No need to delete anything about the BL50 anymore on the forum.

All official B&O 'leaks' ;-)))

It is really fun to watch the videos from Geoff - they show where B&O is going.

Watch out for DPL connections - I am sure we will se more of those on B&O devices (as already on the BS Core).

MM

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
Posts 303
Bronze Member
egges replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 11:21 AM

the screen between the speakers is definitely no Avant. any ideas?

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 250
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 11:22 AM

egges:

the screen between the speakers is definitely no Avant. any ideas?

Beovison 12 (plasma)

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,762
Bronze Member
CB replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 12:54 PM
Millemissen:

Yes, the end of Beosounds (as we knew them...) Indifferent
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

CB:
Millemissen:

Yes, the end of Beosounds (as we knew them...) Indifferent

No, I would not say that --- unless you emphasize the last part of sentence!

But the last part about how to operate and use the BL50 (as it is with the BL90) with a BeoVision show how important a BV is!

As I have stated before most people concentrate on picture/screen and loudspeaker and tend to forget the Sound Engine working in a B&O-tv.

As for BeoSounds, it is exactly the same - since these also are based on versions of the B&O Sound Engine.

I guess we will see future sound systems with a DPL-output for better syncronication between sound system/loudspeaker/user interface including having different listening presets. We already have one system coming, the BS Core - I am sure there is more to that, than just offering different music sources.

MM

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 766
Bronze Member

But do we have more information about the Beosound Core?

I cannot seem to find a manuel.

In the new pricelist it have taken over Essense MKII which now must be AOL.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

jakob77k
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Just found these videos on Youtube. Interesting.  

Lots of details on the new speaker product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqlLvIj3Qic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb2Vu12hqD4

IMO not an iconic looking speaker, but I'm sure it sounds really great.

JK

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Those are the videos, that were linked to on the previous page here.

MM

jakob77k
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Oops - sorry ! 

I've better read the whole thread next time before posting "old news"...Smile

JK

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
Posts 223
Bronze Member
andy_js replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 6:35 PM
What a hideous monstrosity. At least the Beolab 5 was nice to look at.
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 6:44 PM
I like it from what I've seen so far.
Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 543
Bronze Member
I LUV THESE!'can't wait to custom order them in my choice of wood/plastic/fabric
Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 541
Gold Member
Having met Geoff during 2012 Beoworld visit to Struer and only having seen some (old?) stockphoto's - I would not have recognized him Big Smile

So that alone was a great spot / video leak! Thanks for sharing
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Probably because he wasn't wearing his glasses....and is 5 years older.

MM

Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 8:15 PM
While I'll wait to see and hear them in the flesh, I'm not that excited by the design, where the BL5s were very different visually and sound wise at the time of there release
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 8:27 PM

Like a fine wine... he gets better with age.  That's what he'd say, anyway...  :O)

I can't be in control of what's on YouTube, so what's out there is out there.  I can't believe there's a training video uploaded though - that's madness. I assume it's an employee who doesn't care, or B&O wanting to ruin their own launch. I doubt it's the latter.

Geoff could be a TV presenter. Really.  He's like that in real life, too!  You just can't help but listen and learn.  He's also a very funny guy with a razor-sharp sense of humour 'off camera' too...

I've always said he'd be a perfect CEO.  He'd have the press eating out of his hand - and if B&O need anything these days, it's a deeply technical guy with bags of charisma.

He's B&O's Steve Jobs. That's it!  All hail the Geoff !!!

He'd get my vote, every time.

Lee

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
This is THE speaker I've been waiting on for the last 3 years when a dealer rumoured of a new speaker. The Beolab 50 looks fine and the polished adjustable lens is a great aesthetic but it's far from blowing me away with regard to its looks. I'm still sceptical about the lens and not sold by its looks. I must reserve judgement until I see them in the flesh! The BL5 and BL90 still make my heart flutter and I can say unequivocally that I have never heard a piano sound as good as it did on the BL90 having listened to £250,000 audiophile bling nonsense. The BL90 looks and sounds like a speaker brought down by an advanced alien civilisation. Bewilderingly brilliant leaving me breathless. Someone resuscitate me now!

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

The videos are made just like the video about the BL90, that came out some month ago/same style.

And it surely was made weeks ago (summer vacation time in Struer has just ended)

My guess is, that it is extremely difficult to have Youtube wait for releasing something at a - from the uploader choosen - time.

Or they simply 'forgot' to make it protected.

However - B&O already did leak something earlier, when the BL50 silhouette showed up in the sound menu of the tv's a couple of weeks ago.

But probably not much harm done - the videos are pretty hard to find unless you have the direct link, as we have.

Not many people have seen them, and those under NDA (journalists etc) probably will keep tight to avoid being excluded from future prelaunches.

What imo is worse is, that they already are seen (and can be heard) at different dealers (in DK anyway).

MM

pf85
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 284
Bronze Member
pf85 replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 9:34 PM

9 LEE:

....Geoff could be a TV presenter. Really.  He's like that in real life, too!  You just can't help but listen and learn.  He's also a very funny guy with a razor-sharp sense of humour 'off camera' too...

I've always said he'd be a perfect CEO.  He'd have the press eating out of his hand - and if B&O need anything these days, it's a deeply technical guy with bags of charisma.

He's B&O's Steve Jobs. That's it!  All hail the Geoff !!!

Lee

I second that... charismatic and a driver

Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 9:53 PM
SmileSmileSmileSmile

9 LEE:

Geoff could be a TV presenter.....

I've always said he'd be a perfect CEO. He'd have the press eating out of his hand - and if B&O need anything these days, it's a deeply technical guy with bags of charisma.

He's B&O's Steve Jobs. That's it! All hail the Geoff !!!

Lee

olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,391
Bronze Member
olvisab replied on Wed, Aug 2 2017 11:34 PM

We miss more pictures but from what I can see in the videos, I love it.

Not as impressiv as the bl5 but they looks good and not so classical as some pretends.

I feel very positiv about its career (and the one of geoff evidently, he is the guy for b&o like Lee said).

For people thinking that b&o is dying, that's not absolutely right, bang olufsen is a phoenix.

From the beginning to now, his history is full of up and down.

If I got the money I would probably by them with pleasure. Less brutal than the beolab 5, so a better WAF. I am sure I could bring them into my bedroom without any issue with my wife.

4 beolab 5,  beolab 9, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000 mk2, beolab 6002, beolab 3500, beovision 7 55 mk2,  2 beovision 11 46 mk4, beotime, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beoplay A8, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Aug 3 2017 12:09 AM

I really like the way they look. And the fact that the frets are easily removable without screws (unlike the BL20s) is great. I also like the flatter Acoustic lens, it looks more modern than the current variations, and I'm sure performs better too.

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Thu, Aug 3 2017 3:09 AM
I watched the videos and my mind kept telling me "I have to have these". I have not had that kind of reaction to new B&O products lately. Speakers with directional control, multiple memories, flexibility of input types, room compensation, and a clean design? I hope I fall into some money soon.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Page 2 of 11 (423 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS